The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frost Atronach Horse [Video]

Crucifer
Crucifer
✭✭✭
Heya Peeps!

I did a video on the Frost Atronach Horse that i find really cool. Sound up :)
What do you think on the video and mount?

https://youtu.be/bONP1r41sTw
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What do you think on the video and mount?

I am commenting because you've asked :)

Firstly, thank you for making the video about this mount!

I've already seen your many videos about different mounts in the past. Unfortunately, for me they are not great at fully showcasing the subject :/ You use epic music and lot of action scenes (when you ride a mount in different locations). But when I search for video about a mount, I'm personally not interested in any music and beautiful surroundings at all. What I want to see and hear:

1) (if the mount has it) few times of summon animation, preferably at different angles
    2) rearing up animation at different angles
    3) close-up walking and running animations from different angles, to show the mount's body movement and any special effects it leaves behind (if available). I don't want to see the mount from far away (how other people see it) - I want to see how the mount would look for me if I could ride it :) Rear view is very important, as it's what I see most of time when I ride a mount - when a mount looks bad from behind, it can affect my wish to use it :D For example, I didn't buy Meridian Sabre cat mount cause I didn't like the view from behind - no matter how beautiful the glow itself was :'(

Also, starting with New Moon season, mounts have additional idle animations at character selection screen and houses. With Frost Atronach season, this beautiful feature is continued and enhanced - so it's safe to assume that it will become a new norm for - at least - crate mounts :) It would be nice to see idle animations of this horse.

On this video, we can see some of different angles of the mount when he runs and walks. We can see a summon and rearing up animation. But we can't hear how the horse sounds (except for footsteps, one idle voice and jumping voice). I know that Frost Apex mounts have voices of Storm Atronach mounts (a.k.a slightly edited voices of ordinary animal mounts), but it still needs to be included in the video for the full showcase :)
  • Crucifer
    Crucifer
    ✭✭✭
    Heya,

Thank you for an interesting and good feedback! :)
    Some things you mentioned i didn't even think about, so that's really great to know in future videos :smiley:

When i make videos i mostly do them to match the music and be "cool" and action based along the music and I try to get all movement "in there" based by the epicness of music. But now i know a little more and i have plenty of good music that will fit that purpose much better :)

Thanks again!

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice video, the aesthetic and production value is excellent! :smile:

But yes, as Fischblut said, it's not exactly a 'mount review' or mount showcase format. To me your video is more suitable as promotional material for example; it's got pretty footage, nice music, and it generates hype for the mount so ZOS could publish videos like yours for example to promote the mounts. It would be a perfect ad (and it also includes useful information on how to get it and how much it costs, etc which was a nice touch).

So your video isn't bad, it just isn't focusing on a 'potential buyer looking for a review' perspective. It actually reminds me of the promotional videos WoW releases about their Store mounts (WoW releases only 4 per year while ESO releases 40 or more so I get why WoW can do short promotional featurettes for their cash shop mounts and ZOS can't). So for an ad it is perfect; and for a review it could focus a bit more on the things Fischblut has listed.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your video, and grats on your mount!
  • Crucifer
    Crucifer
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comment bluebird.

It's nice to get some feedback and info from other out there in the community. Always fun and interesting what y'all think and reacts to :smile:

Yes, almost all my mount videos is more or less an trailer/ad kinda thing where I start out with the music and build all clips/cutscenes based to the sounds/patterns. I guess i'm trying to do "editing skills" combined to the music, more than a full showcase of the mount.

Thanks again and please let me know what you would like to see more of from ESO in vids. :blush: