The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

For the love of PVP, ZOS please nerf the Unkillable tank/2H Build Meta

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    Remove CP PvP from Cyrodil.

Implying that stalemates and durable builds doesn´t exists in NO-CP....

People who blame CP for these issues only knows half the picture of the problem
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All players regardless of build can eventually be killed. But not all players are worth spending my time trying to kill. Knowing the difference saves me from a never ending fight that will likely result in a stuck in combat bug.

Players get tunnel vision they can’t stop themselves from attacking that 35k health DK. Just ride past them they’re not dangerous outside of groups..
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on December 15, 2019 2:10AM
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nk125x wrote: »
    Over the last few weeks my friends and I are running into this build more and more often. I bet all of you have seen the tank that takes 10+ people over 5 mins to kill. How can this be right. You know you are about to face one, when they sprint into a tower as its been flipped by another alliance or rush into a keep and again head for a corner tower even though their alliance is not involved in the fight. You then end up chasing them in a boring game of ring a ring of roses, immune to stuns or damage. God help you if you become the target of their "macro" burst (Dizzying Swing - Heavy Attack - Onslaught - Executioner) - that all seam to hit at the same time). Look at your death reports, I bet the majority look similar to this.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , Anyone in the combat team, please go to a museum and try on some heavy Armour and pick up a 2H weaapon and try to swing it. Yes it does huge damage but is slow, and the weight of the armor makes you slow.

These are the changes I suggest:
    For Heavy Armour
    1: Make the resistances act like CP - Deminishing returns from the more you stack
    2: Remove all offensive passives from heavy armor. You wear it for protection, At the moment there is no downside for wearing heavy armor.
    3: Add a speed penalty for wearing heavy (You try running and in heavy) and/or disallow any gap closers.

For 2H Weapons
    1: Yes keep the damage, but make the channel times much longer (In real life, swinging a 2H weapon will take seconds).
    2: If hit in channel you become off balanced.

General changes
    1: Nerf the healing - You nerfed most of the damage.

Also ZOS please implement a macro detection system, how can some of these people get their burst ((Dizzying Swing - Heavy Attack - Onslaught - Executioner) all to hit at the same time. In PC EU there is a group of them from the yellows and reds running around together (And yes there will be blues too) - But my friends and I keep running into this group and they all are running the same macro.

This is ridiculous. This post is literally begging zos to nerf people because they can't be easily zerged over. Even if zos does nerf solo/smallscale players more than they already have, players like this will still find a way to get farmed by those solo/smallscale players. Zos can handicap everything in this game but your inability to play it.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Nerfling" I'm stealing that. Anyone complaining that it's difficult to zerg someone down should in no way be calling for nerfs to anything.

Just stop for a minute and scroll through the post titles for the past few weeks. Nerf dragons. Nerf healing. Nerf heavy armor. Nerf sorcs. Nerf DKs. Nerf templars. Nerf CCs. Nerf tanks. Nerf healers. Nerf damage. Nerf streak. Nerf Leap. Nerf fossilize. Nerf shields. Nerf S&B. Nerf 2H. One post even suggested we nerf Cyrodiil populations based on the PVE role you have selected in group finder.

And if the next update drops and the devs nerf things, everyone will complain OMG there are nerfs!

The only thing we should be asking to be nerfed at this point is the poor performance. A ton of problems will get fixed with that alone.

#nerflag
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to know what this build was. I am not a great tank and knowing a better build would be great!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf the lags please.
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , Anyone in the combat team, please go to a museum and try on some heavy Armour and pick up a 2H weaapon and try to swing it. Yes it does huge damage but is slow, and the weight of the armor makes you slow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbNL_At0IVw
    Edited by Toanis on December 14, 2019 9:24PM
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP should rock heavy armor and tell us if he can do the same thing as the people he’s complaining about :). That’ll solve this whole issue a lot quicker imo
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Over the last few weeks my friends and I are running into this build more and more often. I bet all of you have seen the tank that takes 10+ people over 5 mins to kill. How can this be right. You know you are about to face one, when they sprint into a tower as its been flipped by another alliance or rush into a keep and again head for a corner tower even though their alliance is not involved in the fight. You then end up chasing them in a boring game of ring a ring of roses, immune to stuns or damage. God help you if you become the target of their "macro" burst (Dizzying Swing - Heavy Attack - Onslaught - Executioner) - that all seam to hit at the same time). Look at your death reports, I bet the majority look similar to this.

For Heavy Armour
    1: Make the resistances act like CP - Deminishing returns from the more you stack
    2: Remove all offensive passives from heavy armor. You wear it for protection, At the moment there is no downside for wearing heavy armor.
    3: Add a speed penalty for wearing heavy (You try running and in heavy) and/or disallow any gap closers.

For 2H Weapons
    1: Yes keep the damage, but make the channel times much longer (In real life, swinging a 2H weapon will take seconds).

General changes

Also ZOS please implement a macro detection system, how can some of these people get their burst ((Dizzying Swing - Heavy Attack - Onslaught - Executioner) all to hit at the same time. In PC EU there is a group of them from the yellows and reds running around together (And yes there will be blues too) - But my friends and I keep running into this group and they all are running the same macro.

The OP has no clue what he's talking about. Literally two contradictory points. Why would you complain about tanks and then literally complain about 2H weapon and the burst? You need burst and to time it well to kill tanks when they drop their guard. Also, you should probably learn game mechanics and get some more experience in pvp before you start complaining. In fact there are two more pressing issues in this game that makes counterplay difficult. 1) is uncontrolled healing due to multiple nerfs towards defile that was done in CP, sets and skills. 2) Is the horrible game performance and lag preventing one to obtain an accurate gauge at times of when to burst, dodge, block, heal, etc. If performance was fixed, I'm positive more than half of all these nerf complaints from inexperienced players would disappear. And one other thing, it's your fault for chasing someone and doing a "ring around the rosie" in a tower, or rock, or tree. Maybe up your combat IQ and stop chasing them. Wait for them to come around the other side while your friend flushes them out? Or wait for them to drop off the tower where you will have an easier time killing them because they just took fall damage and now are in open field? Basically stop being a brain dead complaining brat and maybe use strategy instead.

Edited by Kronuxx on December 14, 2019 10:25PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I unno. Folks making nerf threads should provide some bonafides or something. Like Cp, class, builds even. How long they’ve been playing etc.

It takes some amateur sleuthing some times to figure out some of these nerflings are low level new players who need to learn much more about the game.

The sad thing is, not BEING Sherlock Holmes or something, the devs actually listen to noobs begging for nerfs.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on December 14, 2019 10:43PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf DKs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Nerf DKs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drop vamp hehehehe. That’s a good way to get burnt up lol.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For Heavy Armour

For 2H Weapons

General changes

Or you can you know not attack said tank and move along? I would be more concerned about blazing shield templars making a come back lol.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For Heavy Armour

For 2H Weapons

General changes

And this post needs to be deleted, I'm getting tired of all the nerf post!