Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Forum threads only attract people who disagree

GhostofDatthaw
GhostofDatthaw
✭✭✭✭✭
Come to find recently, every thread is filled with people who want to disagree and argue. No matter how valid or even small the topic is.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I disagree with this
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    I disagree with this

I agree with your disagreement ...
    thumb3d.gif

• imno007b14_ESO
    imno007b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with this

I agree with him and disagree with you :D
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I disagree with this

LOL!!

I agree with this. :)
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

I mean... yeah? Forums are for discussion? So people are going to discuss things? And that means sometimes people are going to disagree?

A topic's "validity" is also very subjective.
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @pod88kk
    sry, ur completely wrong about that. OP is 100% right

(does my post count as disagreeing or agreeing?)
    Edited by Paramedicus on November 15, 2019 7:43PM
    PC EU
    /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or vet Trial Dummy with buffs and Aetherial Well (look for the Harrowing Reaper on the northern rock wall) ↑↑↑
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're all wrong.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should go to eso subreddit if you are interested in people just posting screenshots and telling each other how great they look.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why there so many agree buttons then?
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no they don't!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that we're disagreeable.

Or do I disagree that we're agreeable?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok this topic got derailed, so i will put random picture of two hamsters fighting (because hamster meme related stuff is main topic on forums lately)

4C02873300000578-0-image-a-100_1525859047172.jpg
    PC EU
    /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or vet Trial Dummy with buffs and Aetherial Well (look for the Harrowing Reaper on the northern rock wall) ↑↑↑
  • okiav
    okiav
    ✭✭✭
    Come to find recently, every thread is filled with people who want to disagree and argue. No matter how valid or even small the topic is.

No offence meant but isn't argueing and agreeing or disagreeing a part of discussion which in turn is the objective of having threads and an internet forum where to open them?

I mean what's the forum for then if not for that?

edited for grammar
    Edited by okiav on November 15, 2019 7:57PM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ok this topic got derailed, so i will put random picture of two hamsters fighting (because hamster meme related stuff is main topic on forums lately)

This is the only thing I find agreeable.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haelene wrote: »
    giphy.gif

I mean... yeah? Forums are for discussion? So people are going to discuss things? And that means sometimes people are going to disagree?

Sure, disagreement is going to happen sometimes in discussions. Yet in some online spaces there's a proclivity toward negativity (if it gets more attention or if visitors are bitter) and disagreement (people are often more likely to take the time reply if they don't agree unless they *really* love the content posted or they view the poster favorably). People who are dissatisfied with this game likely come to the forums to vent or complain which increases the likelihood of unfavorable responses.

There are still people on these forums who like to be social with other forum-dwellers or to mutually share/support ideas with others (hough it seems a smaller number than in 2014), so it would be incorrect to say everything is disagreement and argument. I would point out some threads that aren't filled with disagreement and argument but someone would see it as a challenge :tongue:
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well most threads seem to be about how the game doesn't work, so I'd argue most people click threads to agree.
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree :D
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Caption for the first frame:

You're wearing what I'm wearing!

No I'm not! I was wearing this before you came along wearing what I'm wearing!

You cad! I guess you know that this means war!
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree to disagree with those disagreeing. Except during patch days.
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    haelene wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Sure, disagreement is going to happen sometimes in discussions. Yet in some online spaces there's a proclivity toward negativity (if it gets more attention or if visitors are bitter) and disagreement (people are often more likely to take the time reply if they don't agree unless they *really* love the content posted or they view the poster favorably). People who are dissatisfied with this game likely come to the forums to vent or complain which increases the likelihood of unfavorable responses.

There are still people on these forums who like to be social with other forum-dwellers or to mutually share/support ideas with others (hough it seems a smaller number than in 2014), so it would be incorrect to say everything is disagreement and argument. I would point out some threads that aren't filled with disagreement and argument but someone would see it as a challenge :tongue:

Oh, i agree absolutely. That's just humans though - overall we have way more to say about the negative than the positive. That said - I still don't know what OP expects - especially right now when we're dealing with some serious issues in game and people are mad they may have lost rewards. It's par for the course.
  • llande
    llande
    ✭✭✭
    All from now on - either agree with OP or keep your disagreement to yourself!
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    llande wrote: »
    All from now on - either agree with OP or keep your disagreement to yourself!

That's mean, you are a very disagreeable individual. However you did earn an awesome.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on November 15, 2019 8:10PM
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When I see an opinion that I support, I write my thoughts. I write that I do agree and support the OP.
  • JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭

Let's just disagree to disagree.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have entered this topic, and i am known to often disagree..

But this time i fully agree.

*pops open a champagne bottle* Lets party! :p

• Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagreements have given us the three banner war.
    Edited by Ysbriel on November 15, 2019 8:21PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because people who agree typically don't need to say anything.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is everything I ever wanted it to be
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be apathetic, if I actually cared.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez