Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

How many people with lag and stutter are not using a hdmi 2.0 cable or maybe have a bad cable?

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC MASTER RACE HERE. 3 monitors 1920x1080 each, 90-120 FPS in ambient, cities 60-90, PvP large battles with 50+ players 30-60 FPS.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not the cables, it's the game's atrocious engine. LMAO.
    Options
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the OP is on to something. I unplugged my monitor and the frame rate is excellent. Not so much as a flicker.
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure my cable isn't 2.0
    pdblake wrote: »
    I think the OP is on to something. I unplugged my monitor and the frame rate is excellent. Not so much as a flicker.

ahahahahah
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    Lady_Linux wrote: »
    Oh wow, this thread is still going...

I think some things need to be mentioned though...

The only functional reason to ever have a refresh rate over 60 is not visual quality. It has been pretty darn conclusively proven that while humans can tell the difference between a 240hz display and a 60hz display... they can't tell it when they are PLAYING anywhere near as often.

Refresh rate has exactly ONE impact on performance. If your refresh rate is less than your FPS in some circumstances you will have a yoyo effect with Vsync on. Beyond this, there is no effect. Higher refresh rates DO NOT IN ANY WAY INCREASE PERFORMANCE.

The final thing is what we, as gamers, actually get high refresh rates for is INPUT LATENCY. The time between seeing, clicking, and seeing the result of the click. Higher refresh rates allow for more images to be drawn and thus allows for your eye to see and register action faster. In an FPS this is very important... In ESO less important(it helps to weave).

Fact checks:
    A bad cable is a bad cable. Most of you probably have bad cables. You've bent them, rolled a chair over them. Abused them. Stuck them into dirty a** ports. They are "less optimal".
    GOOD NEWS!
    Having a bad cable with a crap monitor means NOTHING! Cables are DIGITAL NOW. Digital has this really cool thing where it either works.. or it doesn't. Unless you have actual more expensive than a car hardware cable choice isn't going to bother you one whit. Rejoice at no longer having to physically shield your monitor cable from your power cable or get artifacts!

2.0 vs 1.0 HDMI. It doesn't matter. I've seen really cheap cables handle 2.0 specs... I've seen really expensive cables fail at 2.0 spec. You can have a passing 2.0 spec cable fail by bending it wrong. Unless you are truly 100% visualphile hardcore you probably won't have a setup that cares. If you do have a setup that cares you won't use HDMI because of how finicky it is.

1.4 hdmi supports 30 hrtz

2.0 hdmi support 60 htz

2.1 hdmi supports 240 htz

for 4k

these are facts.

do you have a link that is from a company that states that as truth?
    i kind of doubt, i mean you could be right but ....
    the guy your quoting seems to be quite accurate (in my opinion)
    and, well, i mean he sure seems to know what he is talking about and what i would expect to hear from an employee working at or atleast involved in the sales of these types of cables and hardware we are speaking about.

just got to amazon and do a search. easy peasy
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    lagrue wrote: »
    There's no such a thing as a 2.0 cable. All HDMI cable are equal, it's the devices that need to support it. Please don't spread this misinformation. Google it first, learn about why all cables are the same, and what's HDMI 2.0 and you'll know that it's not your cable that's a problem.

Not all cables support 2.0 and that's just a fact. Technically they are called Highspeed Cables, the ones that support 2.0. But Standard HDMI cords do not support the full potential of transfer offered by 2.0 ports and will function as 1.4 even in a 2.0 port. Thankfully it's not as easy to get ahold of Standard cables anymore, as most are made Highspeed these days.

Alrighty then.

In fact there are 4k 2.0 cables and 8k 2.1 cables for hdmi

hdmi 2.0 for 4k on the cheap:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B014I8SSD0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KNRXGW4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1CJUFQIP79W99&psc=1

2.1 are indeed different, but up to 2.0, you won't find anything that's not supported by a 1.4 cable.

Either way, not my problem. I do my research before spending my money, trying to help seems pointless.

And posting links to a seller saying it's proof of cable difference is silly. Of course the seller will say there's a difference, so they can justify an upcharge. "4k ready" and "vr ready" and "Ray tracing ready" are. Things you see on PSUs, computer cases, LEDs strips... I mean... Wtf?

So yeah... Of course there will be a sticker "4k ready" on a HDMI cable... It's irrelevant obvious info, but still.

Anyway, I'm done here. I keep forgetting that I'm not supposed to try to help people out of the kindness of my heart. I need to get better at being selfish and just enjoying people being ignorant and wasting their money. Not my chair, not my problem.

hdmi 1.4 only supports 30 htz

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

That's not the cable spec, ffs. That's the HDMI spec. A 2.0 monitor, with a 2.0 GPU, on a "1.4 cable", will run 4k 60. See the difference?

There's HDMI cable, and there's HDMI spec, and there's a gap of knowledge in between over here, apparently.

Clearly there is because : i have a 2.0 hdmi gpu card and a 2.0 hdmi tv but the refresh rate my computer defaults to is 30 hrtz. So logically - the cable is the issue esp since it isn't hdmi 2.0 cable.

See how that works? It's logic.

And when i do get a correct cable, i will show the xrandr output that proves it.

I repeat. There is no such thing as a rated HDMI cable. Cables are only designed around bandwidth. A cable doesnt care what goes through it. It is a pipe. There is no Hertz rating standard for HDMI. There is bandwidth required for media. When a cable is manufactured its engineering design only cares about bandwidth. Period. Dot. End.

All HDMI specs apply at port level.

I have a gen1 cable(pre1.4) that can run 2.0 hardware just fine and dandy.

Cables are SPEED LIMITS. Not Engines. If you have a sports car hardware and you drive it on city streets it will naturally be limited. Most people do not have sports car grade hardware.

Additionally, I've mentioned it 3 times now. Cables can change spec by bending or abusing. Since most people buy cables that are in figure 8 with a twist tie they come pre-bent. Most cables are garbage.
    Most people don't have top-end 2000+ dollar panels that can actually use 2.1 spec. An IPS panel with a bad GtG isn't going to refresh fast enough to USE higher hertz. A cheaper panel that "says 4k" doesn't mean it isn't compressed, uncompressed, and run though hardware/software before its displayed. Basically a cable upgrade is the worst possible advice to ever give anyone.

you may be right. ive decided to return the tv as defective since it wont do 4k at 60 htz refresh rate. neither windows or linux will run it as advertised and trying to force it with xrandr in linux produced no benefit. printed up the return label a few minutes ago. i quit.

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no such a thing as a 2.0 cable. All HDMI cable are equal, it's the devices that need to support it. Please don't spread this misinformation. Google it first, learn about why all cables are the same, and what's HDMI 2.0 and you'll know that it's not your cable that's a problem.

Not all cables support 2.0 and that's just a fact. Technically they are called Highspeed Cables, the ones that support 2.0. But Standard HDMI cords do not support the full potential of transfer offered by 2.0 ports and will function as 1.4 even in a 2.0 port. Thankfully it's not as easy to get ahold of Standard cables anymore, as most are made Highspeed these days.

Alrighty then.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B014I8SSD0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KNRXGW4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1CJUFQIP79W99&psc=1

2.1 are indeed different, but up to 2.0, you won't find anything that's not supported by a 1.4 cable.

Either way, not my problem. I do my research before spending my money, trying to help seems pointless.

And posting links to a seller saying it's proof of cable difference is silly. Of course the seller will say there's a difference, so they can justify an upcharge. "4k ready" and "vr ready" and "Ray tracing ready" are. Things you see on PSUs, computer cases, LEDs strips... I mean... Wtf?

So yeah... Of course there will be a sticker "4k ready" on a HDMI cable... It's irrelevant obvious info, but still.

Anyway, I'm done here. I keep forgetting that I'm not supposed to try to help people out of the kindness of my heart. I need to get better at being selfish and just enjoying people being ignorant and wasting their money. Not my chair, not my problem.

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

That's not the cable spec, ffs. That's the HDMI spec. A 2.0 monitor, with a 2.0 GPU, on a "1.4 cable", will run 4k 60. See the difference?

There's HDMI cable, and there's HDMI spec, and there's a gap of knowledge in between over here, apparently.

Clearly there is because : i have a 2.0 hdmi gpu card and a 2.0 hdmi tv but the refresh rate my computer defaults to is 30 hrtz. So logically - the cable is the issue esp since it isn't hdmi 2.0 cable.

And when i do get a correct cable, i will show the xrandr output that proves it.

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

Sorry, I've ran out of energy. Good luck getting an expensive cable and having no benefit from it when it still outputs 30hz. Am I authorized to laugh when that happens? Thanks!

i quit. kick me now.

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, i'm sure my cable is hdmi 2.0 and that it's good because i tested it.
    @Lady_Linux - no one should "kick" you. You cowgirled up and admitted things didn't go as planned. That's more than most people do.
    Options
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the comedy relief. We all need it at this point.
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

Sorry, I've ran out of energy. Good luck getting an expensive cable and having no benefit from it when it still outputs 30hz. Am I authorized to laugh when that happens? Thanks!

i quit. kick me now.

What happened? O.o
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @Lady_Linux - no one should "kick" you. You cowgirled up and admitted things didn't go as planned. That's more than most people do.

Agreed.
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

i quit. kick me now.

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

i quit. kick me now.

What happened? O.o

i walked across the street to walmart and bought a highspeed 2.0 18gb hmdi cable and it still wont default to 4k at 60 hrtz as advertised.

No point in continuing to beat this horse. it's dead jim.

in addition i tried to use xrandr to force 60hrtz setting to no avail. here's the commands and the outputs

cvt 3840 2160
    # 3840x2160 59.98 Hz (CVT 8.29M9) hsync: 134.18 kHz; pclk: 712.75 MHz
    Modeline "3840x2160_60.00" 712.75 3840 4160 4576 5312 2160 2163 2168 2237 -hsync +vsync

xrandr --newmode "3840x2160_60.00" 712.75 3840 4160 4576 5312 2160 2163 2168 2237 -hsync +vsync

xrandr --addmode HDMI-A-0 3840x2160_60.00

xrandr --output HDMI-A-0 --mode 3840x2160_60.00
    xrandr: Configure crtc 0 failed
    Edited by Lady_Linux on November 17, 2019 1:41AM

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of whether it was the TV, the cable, or whatever, you were trying to be helpful. Thank you for that.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See i have to ask because i upgraded to a 4k tv but i dont have an hdmi 2.0 cable (yet) and the one i do have i am only getting a refresh rate of 30 hrtz not the 60 hrtz that a 2.0 cable would give me at 4k. the difference in the refresh rate i think would matter with the smoothness of the scene changes as i move around in the game and it comes off like lag and stutter and a feeeling of drunkenness and is awful. And since i am sure i dont have a 2.0 hdmi cable capable of 18Gbps (well pretty sure and i have some on the way) and i know how bad things can be with poor quality ethernet cables that seem to go bad for no reason, it seems i have to ask.

Where is the option: "there is a clear lack of basic tech understanding from OP"?

Unless you're running crappy off-brand cable (mostly crappy) you'll barely notice a difference.

Your monitor or tv would actually be responsible for the largest portion of your input lag so switching your cable will probably make you feel better if you still chose to BELIEVE it would have an impact...

Prior to HDMI 2.0, HDMI was still capable of bandwidths of at least 1080p at 120Hz (pretty sure up to 144Hz was fine). Your HDMI cable is therefore not a factor in the perceived lag. Your screen, CPU, GPU could be but not your cable.

It is very silly to think that way. Very very silly.
    Options
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohh god... You're trying to play at 4k???
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

i quit. kick me now.

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

i quit. kick me now.

What happened? O.o

i walked across the street to walmart and bought a highspeed 2.0 18gb hmdi cable and it still wont default to 4k at 60 hrtz as advertised.

in addition i tried to use xrandr to force 60hrtz setting to no avail. here's the commands and the outputs

cvt 3840 2160
    Modeline "3840x2160_60.00" 712.75 3840 4160 4576 5312 2160 2163 2168 2237 -hsync +vsync

xrandr --newmode "3840x2160_60.00" 712.75 3840 4160 4576 5312 2160 2163 2168 2237 -hsync +vsync

I know I was being a jerk, but I won't laugh or kick when you're down, I'm not that big of a jerk.

Stupid question... Have you tried older drivers? Is there a DDU equivalent for Linux to get the cleanest possible install? And is the GPU bios updated? I have never done it but I know it's kind of a thing for AMD cards to need these updates, specially if yours is an older early batches unit.

Stupider question... I looked into my own monitor and one of the ports is 1,4 and the other is 2.0. have you double checked that on your screen? I think you mentioned something about that, but I can't recall right now
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

i quit. kick me now.

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

Alrighty then.

hdmi 2.1 for 8k:

hdmi 2.0 supports 60 htz

at 4k

i quit. kick me now.

What happened? O.o

cvt 3840 2160

I know I was being a jerk, but I won't laugh or kick when you're down, I'm not that big of a jerk.

Stupid question... Have you tried older drivers? Is there a DDU equivalent for Linux to get the cleanest possible install? And is the GPU bios updated? I have never done it but I know it's kind of a thing for AMD cards to need these updates, specially if yours is an older early batches unit.

Stupider question... I looked into my own monitor and one of the ports is 1,4 and the other is 2.0. have you double checked that on your screen? I think you mentioned something about that, but I can't recall right now

In both linux and windows it connects by default at 30 hertz

so my stupid air tv player that i got free many months ago for prepaying for sling tv is 4k capabale.... it connected at 60 hertz. when i switched the input to it i got the flash on the top right hand corner of my screen that shows the res and the refresh rate and it shows me 3840x2160 60 htz

Now i feel really dumb because it really is for realz my graphics card.... my beautiful 8k capable gpu wont connect at 60 hertz

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.asrock.com/Graphics-Card/AMD/Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX570 8G OC/

this is the exact graphics card i have and it will not conect on linux or windows for 60 hrtz

and since my air tv player will connect at 4k 60 hrtz it is not the tv or the cable but the card and the card is supposed to be capable of 8k

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See i have to ask because i upgraded to a 4k tv but i dont have an hdmi 2.0 cable (yet) and the one i do have i am only getting a refresh rate of 30 hrtz not the 60 hrtz that a 2.0 cable would give me at 4k. the difference in the refresh rate i think would matter with the smoothness of the scene changes as i move around in the game and it comes off like lag and stutter and a feeeling of drunkenness and is awful. And since i am sure i dont have a 2.0 hdmi cable capable of 18Gbps (well pretty sure and i have some on the way) and i know how bad things can be with poor quality ethernet cables that seem to go bad for no reason, it seems i have to ask.

Where is the option: "there is a clear lack of basic tech understanding from OP"?

Unless you're running crappy off-brand cable (mostly crappy) you'll barely notice a difference.

Your monitor or tv would actually be responsible for the largest portion of your input lag so switching your cable will probably make you feel better if you still chose to BELIEVE it would have an impact...

Prior to HDMI 2.0, HDMI was still capable of bandwidths of at least 1080p at 120Hz (pretty sure up to 144Hz was fine). Your HDMI cable is therefore not a factor in the perceived lag. Your screen, CPU, GPU could be but not your cable.

It is very silly to think that way. Very very silly.

it's more than just that. the card it seems wont connect to the tv at 60 hrtz but at 30 only... meanwhile my 4k capable air tv player that i got for free from sling tv does connect to the tv at 4k 60 hertz. and it does so using the exact same hdmi cable
    Edited by Lady_Linux on November 17, 2019 2:32AM

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

so my stupid air tv player that i got free many months ago for prepaying for sling tv is 4k capabale.... it connected at 60 hertz. when i switched the input to it i got the flash on the top right hand corner of my screen that shows the res and the refresh rate and it shows me 3840x2160 60 htz

Now i feel really dumb because it really is for realz my graphics card.... my beautiful 8k capable gpu wont connect at 60 hertz

Well, that's a crappy thing to have happen. I can ask my friend who runs linux and a 4k screen (not a tv) what gpu he's using though IIRC it's the same one I have - GTX 960. Then again, he may not be looking at the 60hz issue either....
    Edited by Sylvermynx on November 17, 2019 2:35AM
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this is the 2nd thread you have started asking the same thing with ppl giving you the same answer's.............
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501827/does-this-game-run-in-4k#latest
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on November 17, 2019 3:00AM
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/Mac-NA

My ping is 18 ms.
    Download Mbps = 357.13
    Upload Mbps = 11.90
    (via Speedtest.net)

So, is that fast enough? Because I am getting periods of 3 FPS in Souther Elsweyr and frequent crashes. (I should also note that it is happening ONLY in Southern Elsweyr.)
    I don't think it's my internet connection, I feel it's the coding.
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is the 2nd thread you have started asking the same thing with ppl giving you the same answer's.............
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501827/does-this-game-run-in-4k#latest

no they started differently and merged into the same place

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    PC/Mac-NA

My ping is 18 ms.
    Download Mbps = 357.13
    Upload Mbps = 11.90
    (via Speedtest.net)

So, is that fast enough? Because I am getting periods of 3 FPS in Souther Elsweyr and frequent crashes. (I should also note that it is happening ONLY in Southern Elsweyr.)

Uh, Blue.... are you sure this belongs in this thread?
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    PC/Mac-NA

My ping is 18 ms.
    Download Mbps = 357.13
    Upload Mbps = 11.90
    (via Speedtest.net)

tbh, people are killing a 16 million hp dragon in about as many seconds... but then if they cant code to handle the load...

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that's a crappy thing to have happen. I can ask my friend who runs linux and a 4k screen (not a tv) what gpu he's using though IIRC it's the same one I have - GTX 960. Then again, he may not be looking at the 60hz issue either....

linux is reporting my 50 inch 4k monitor as a the same brand but as a 32 inch model

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

linux is reporting my 50 inch 4k monitor as a the same brand but as a 32 inch model

Really. Well, I know very little about linux as I quit using command line OS of any kind the minute windows 3.0 landed (yeah, buggier than ANY anthill EVER), but at least I've never had windows fail to actually get the hardware info right. You have win 10 installed, though, right? What does it tell you about the monitor?
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Really. Well, I know very little about linux as I quit using command line OS of any kind the minute windows 3.0 landed (yeah, buggier than ANY anthill EVER), but at least I've never had windows fail to actually get the hardware info right. You have win 10 installed, though, right? What does it tell you about the monitor?

generic pnp monitor defaults to 30 htz

just update the motherboard bios to the latest. didnt expect that to help much of anything but it's good to have the latest.
    Edited by Lady_Linux on November 17, 2019 4:27AM

BTW, I use arch too
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. Can you get an updated driver that is specific to your brand monitor? I have had to poke windows (not 10 so far, but 7 was horrible about it) to actually look for and eventually find the up to date brand driver. Of course, I've never had the issues you're seeing, but I've also had to force earlier windows to accept the real brand screen driver, instead of just going with the generic pnp monitor designation.

Now, that doesn't mean I have any idea about "defaults to 30 Hz". I don't That sort of thing is WAY over my head. And even if you were to explain in detail, I'm not sure I'd get it.
    Options
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. Can you get an updated driver that is specific to your brand monitor? I have had to poke windows (not 10 so far, but 7 was horrible about it) to actually look for and eventually find the up to date brand driver. Of course, I've never had the issues you're seeing, but I've also had to force earlier windows to accept the real brand screen driver, instead of just going with the generic pnp monitor designation.

Now, that doesn't mean I have any idea about "defaults to 30 Hz". I don't That sort of thing is WAY over my head. And even if you were to explain in detail, I'm not sure I'd get it.

couldnt find one but i did finally find this: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B6ZOMIS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BTW, I use arch too
    Options