The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do something about Templars

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    NB huh? Probably yet another that tries to just spam cloak so they got jabs/sweep spam in return. Have a video of one doing exactly that and acting like they had no clue WTF to do when I popped a detect pot and jabbed away.

L2P without cloak, then profit while using it as icing rather than the cake.

Y'know as a StamBlade I can only use cloak a good three times in a row. If you're absolutely perfect with the duration timing you can do four, but that never happens in a PvP fight, and Magic recovery is crap so cloak is not reliable. You use it to get into position for the initial gank and thats it. If the gank fails you're stuck in just like everyone else, and since most PvPers have stacked resistances these days, most ganks fail.
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »
    What class are you playing? I can tell you how to deal with Jabspammers.

Stamblade.

figures, another NB crying about templars.
    Stebarnz wrote: »

Stamblade.

NB crybabies! L2P issue.

Not a templar main im not not S. hit

NB sees more jabs because jabs pulls you out of stealth so you get it spammed on you, stop hitting the coward button! If you cant then build for more survivability as oppose to glass cannon!

I wonder if you people have this attitude in real life. If so, i feel sorry for you. If not, you must be enjoying that internet anonymity huh.

BAD ATTITUDE? You are the person whom thinks he is entitled that a class should be nerfed because it has a counter to your cloak spam. Why should a class be nerfed because you play a medium armor glass cannon and then get on a forums and cry about jabs? What makes YOU so special that a class should be nerfed (more than what it has already) just so you can continue to cloak around and burst from stealth? YOU choose to play a squishy NB. So you think you shouldn't have a class that can counteract your stealth? So you think you should be so OP that no class can counteract you? You have one of the best fears in the game. Fear the templar, roll dodge, and cloak away. Pick and choose your targets. I have a DC NB and I try to avoid templars because I know they have a good shot at killing me.

Dude. Templars right now, counter EVERYTHING. It's not just me, I've watched Templars mow down everyone with the snare and AoE dmg from sweeps. How is bringing attention to something being abused equal me being entitled? But yes, I am crying, I'm bawling my damn eyes out, mean old Templars hurt me and my only recourse is to run away from them. I guess when an entire DC group of Templars comes sieging BRK I should just leave the Keep and let them have it too, since you claim the appropriate course of action for a NB is to avoid.

But yah dude, I call that a bad attitude. I mean seriously, you give me crap for making the thread in the first place, I call you out on it and your reaction is literal lashing out.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB huh? Probably yet another that tries to just spam cloak so they got jabs/sweep spam in return. Have a video of one doing exactly that and acting like they had no clue WTF to do when I popped a detect pot and jabbed away.

Real creative idea there! Slot Cloak but don't use it until the moment is just right...

Idiot.

Lol That last line should be your signature, because the rest of it is not what I said.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Y'know as a StamBlade I can only use cloak a good three times in a row. If you're absolutely perfect with the duration timing you can do four, but that never happens in a PvP fight, and Magic recovery is crap so cloak is not reliable. You use it to get into position for the initial gank and thats it. If the gank fails you're stuck in just like everyone else, and since most PvPers have stacked resistances these days, most ganks fail.

Stamblade.

Stamblade.

NB crybabies! L2P issue.

NB sees more jabs because jabs pulls you out of stealth so you get it spammed on you, stop hitting the coward button! If you cant then build for more survivability as oppose to glass cannon!

I wonder if you people have this attitude in real life. If so, i feel sorry for you. If not, you must be enjoying that internet anonymity huh.

BAD ATTITUDE? You are the person whom thinks he is entitled that a class should be nerfed because it has a counter to your cloak spam. Why should a class be nerfed because you play a medium armor glass cannon and then get on a forums and cry about jabs? What makes YOU so special that a class should be nerfed (more than what it has already) just so you can continue to cloak around and burst from stealth? YOU choose to play a squishy NB. So you think you shouldn't have a class that can counteract your stealth? So you think you should be so OP that no class can counteract you? You have one of the best fears in the game. Fear the templar, roll dodge, and cloak away. Pick and choose your targets. I have a DC NB and I try to avoid templars because I know they have a good shot at killing me.

Dude. Templars right now, counter EVERYTHING. It's not just me, I've watched Templars mow down everyone with the snare and AoE dmg from sweeps. How is bringing attention to something being abused equal me being entitled? But yes, I am crying, I'm bawling my damn eyes out, mean old Templars hurt me and my only recourse is to run away from them. I guess when an entire DC group of Templars comes sieging BRK I should just leave the Keep and let them have it too, since you claim the appropriate course of action for a NB is to avoid.

But yah dude, I call that a bad attitude. I mean seriously, you give me crap for making the thread in the first place, I call you out on it and your reaction is literal lashing out.

I see plenty of NBs who have speed and can use shadow image, cloak, and temporal gaurd to geeat effect. If they dont kill you, they get away 1 way or another. If you cant, you should probably seek them out before crying nerf. If you are using it 3 times in a row, you probably are already doing it wrong. Get some distance first at least.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Stamblade.

Stamblade.

NB crybabies! L2P issue.

I see plenty of NBs who have speed and can use shadow image, cloak, and temporal gaurd to geeat effect. If they dont kill you, they get away 1 way or another. If you cant, you should probably seek them out before crying nerf. If you are using it 3 times in a row, you probably are already doing it wrong. Get some distance first at least.

I wonder what NBs like that Aeonhack guy thinks when he sees things like "NBs are weak" on the forums.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stop-whining_new.jpg
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    stop-whining_new.jpg

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS9fPfcKsqH2VIEgWW0f-AKFLwf2-hlVZaU2xClxBIGL9jMWMjl
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ArchMikem Honestly man, if you can't cloak more than 3 times on your stamblade, it sounds like you simply have a crappy build. Good mag sustain is absolutely vital to a good stamblade build. There is multiple options for this. Learn to look further than just damage and generic food like dubious. So many stamblades fail because they cant sustain their utility skills.
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tl;dr all the comments in this tread

Personally I have no issue with jabs , my issue is with toppling charge. All the other gap closers have had the stun stripped from them in the past but somehow templars have gotten to keep it. Pretty much my only issue with it. Jabs isn't really that much harder then other things to counter, and even if it is slightly over tuned, at this point they need to buff other things, not nerf more stuff, except that stun, either remove it or give it back to others.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE jab spamming nb's as they run in a straight line away from me desperately hitting cloak, cloak, cloak like it will save them!

If you die easy to templar, rethink your build and playstyle, your crutches are gone now, adapt or perish to the jab!

Alternatively come to the forum post how bad you are at NB and get ripped on for being noobish.
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭

Stamblade.

Stamblade.

NB crybabies! L2P issue.

If a whole group of DC templars or a whole group of anybody for that matter are taking a keep and it is just you there. Uh, give it up bud. You can't stop a whole group no matter what the class. I see many posts regarding templars and not many have a problem with them now. So I think you should rethink your build. There are plenty of NB's that can counter templars. It is just people that don't change or adapt to the patches. There are always select few that want to keep their old playstyle and cry about nerfs. Even if they toned down jabs, they would still kill your squishy NB. Just build your NB different.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been playing a lot stamplar lately and my opinion on Stamblades are that most rely far FAR to much on cloak as their main defensive mechanic and this over relying on a single ability makes them predictable in movement. If they’re not hitting shuffle/RaT+sprint or shade to brake LOS then it’s usually lights out. Jabs is the very last skill in my combo.

But isn’t NB suppose to be the cheap shot hit the enemy in their back kinda fighter? Not telling you the answer is to Xv1 the Templar or wait till he goes AFK but wouldn’t that play into your classes’ fantasy? 😉
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on November 17, 2019 3:58AM
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I readed this is a learn to play issue. Stop asking for nerfs for one of the lowest dps classes in the game. Buff, Buff Sweeps so that its the go to spammable for the class and not Elemental Weapon.
  • LoLiPoPW
    LoLiPoPW
    ✭✭
    Funny, my sorc can take a templar 99% of the time. Rune cage is an amazing skill. Yes Templars can be annoying (I have one) but using your class skills effectively doesn't mean it needs a nerf
    Edited by LoLiPoPW on November 17, 2019 9:58AM
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am a magblade main, pretty much since oright before orsinium released. I dont feel that templar is overpowered except for maybe that dark bubble crap they use. The snares they use feel like they were designed specifically to counter nightblades and im okay with that. Jabs? We have a class snare removal and major evasion packed in with it. Pop it, roll dodge or use shades. If you can get away from the initial assault its usually pretty simple to get away and turn the fight on its head. Other classes have plenty of defensive tools available. I think the big issue with templars is not that they are over powered, but that they are finally sitting in a good place as far as overall tool kit and skill balance while the other classes are yet unfinished making them feel weak by comparison. I know us nightblades have a pretty strong tool kit but there are hard choices baked into that toolkit that i feel like need to be tweaked for usability. Such as having better stam options and certain passive skill abilities being swapped around. Movement speed in stealth is nice but shouldnt be baked in to a melee spammable on a mag settup for example. Anyway, my point is its not templars that need nerfing, or other classes that need buffing per say, but that other classes need tweaking and reorganizing of abilities they already have to make them work together more smoothly.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    I am a magblade main, pretty much since oright before orsinium released. I dont feel that templar is overpowered except for maybe that dark bubble crap they use. The snares they use feel like they were designed specifically to counter nightblades and im okay with that. Jabs? We have a class snare removal and major evasion packed in with it. Pop it, roll dodge or use shades. If you can get away from the initial assault its usually pretty simple to get away and turn the fight on its head. Other classes have plenty of defensive tools available. I think the big issue with templars is not that they are over powered, but that they are finally sitting in a good place as far as overall tool kit and skill balance while the other classes are yet unfinished making them feel weak by comparison. I know us nightblades have a pretty strong tool kit but there are hard choices baked into that toolkit that i feel like need to be tweaked for usability. Such as having better stam options and certain passive skill abilities being swapped around. Movement speed in stealth is nice but shouldnt be baked in to a melee spammable on a mag settup for example. Anyway, my point is its not templars that need nerfing, or other classes that need buffing per say, but that other classes need tweaking and reorganizing of abilities they already have to make them work together more smoothly.

Agreed, issue is nerfing the NB toolkit was a design decision. If there's one thing I've realized about organizations is they never back track, they'll do 20 changes to get back at the same place but never revert because some idiot championed the changes and doesn't want to admit they were wrong.

Just decide now, stick with NB as is or change classes. The changes people want will take longer then switching mains.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant see the reason to focus the hate on jabs, but i can see how templar could be an annoying class to deal with. It seems little counterplay is available against some templars, pretty much medium armor builds are hard countered against most of templar's kit.

for instance:
    magplar

-holds block healing back to stable
    -continuously has an invisible aoe snare around them
    -applies dots (truly skillbased and counterable by only certain builds, but that is another rant)
    -applies purifying light by point and click ranged (could potentially be a projectile for counter play chance>then buff to compensate)
    -goes into jab spam aoe undodgeable (tbh not what i have a problem with it, sometimes janky but still not as bad as dizzy for main dps)
    -pop crescent sweep aoe instant undodgeable ult (again i dont really have a problem with this, but zos definitely inconsistent with cast ults)
    -goes into beam spam again undodgeable point and click ranged (could add aim checks or make it so when you hold beam button and left click you will just beam whatever you point at, think of an overload like mechanic without the dumb transition that is clunky af)

Honestly wished the game had more aim checks in it, there are so many point and click abilities that cause rage. Another way to look at it, id say dizzy was probably the most satisfying ability to use for a long time. Mainly from having to put some thought into getting a kill and being rewarded with the chunk feeling. Im sure abilities like beam would feel just as great if you were actively beaming the person to death instead of just doing a point and click see ya later bud.
    Edited by MincVinyl on November 17, 2019 5:55PM
  • Kaios
    Kaios
    ✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »

I definitely agree with you, I wish someone answered my earlier question about fear though and its reliability as I still don't quite understand what prevents fears from taking effect on someone. Shadowy Disguise, Merciless Resolve, Sap Essence, Swallow Soul/Funnel Health, Debilitate, Impale, Inner Light, Concealed Weapon, Mass Hysteria, Shadow Image, Siphoning Attacks. All of those skills play a vital role in the NB's (or more specifically, magnb) skillset and yet it is not feasible that you will find a place on two bars for all of the skills that their builds require, let alone just one. Of course, I am leaving out some other skills that have their uses as well.
    Edited by Kaios on November 17, 2019 5:47PM
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear can be prevented same as any hard cc, if one of your allies uses a hard cc even a bad one, they get immunity to fear for a few seconds. Heavy armor immovable skill and immoveable pots will also grant immunity. I like immoveable pots before begining an engagement. Lets me go ful rotation unimpeded.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB tears lol

Builds for 4 second fight: I'm just a god at PvP. I should make build videos and stream

Fight lasts 5 seconds: X class is broken and I feel they are overperforming in every way.

Have you tried healing? Dark cloak/Vigor/rally if used right are kinda OP. 18% mitigation with merc. up on top of 2 hots and a burst heal.
    Edited by Lokey0024 on November 17, 2019 8:01PM
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I take a break from ESO. Decide to check it out again because my old guild is talking about coming back to play. Come onto the forums and immediately and reminded why I took the break in the first place.

Two threads whining about how two classes are supposedly overpowered and need a nerf.

This game isn't fun to play any more now because everything is some boring percentage modifier or has been given noob-proof mechanics like cast-times. And people are still whining that stuff is overpowered. The common element here isn't the devs - the combat team is completely different - it's that some players are far overestimating their ability to play this game and cannot accept they die and lose because the reality that other players are flat out better than they are.

Awesome! And wb!
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Every single class in this game has some kind of rotation. It’s not just toppling, crescent, sweep to win. On my magplar I have to buff up, gap close, lay some dots, purifying light, sweeps, heal/buff, repeat. Animation canceling and bar swap canceling may make it seem like we do less but it’s not true. Most people that I kill easily is because they don’t buff, heal, or react in time...which kind of makes it a L2P issue. Templar’s are, contrary to popular opinion, able to be killed. The only people I usually can’t kill or can’t kill me are other Templar’s.
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'll keep jabbing nightblades 'till the end of the time!!
    PC-EU
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs are perfect for the run and hide class
  • Edvard_black
    Edvard_black
    Soul Shriven

Stamblade.

Stamblade.

NB crybabies! L2P issue.

LOL Typical duplicity AD. That is, when NB spam is SA from invisibility and then Executioner --- Executioner ---- Executioner ---- Executioner but no is it not spam? OR when 40 m Poison injection and this is also not spam? Yes, of course only templars spam))) Even before whining, I would write how much time you spent time in Cyrodiil, what sets and skills you have on panels. I suspect you are 80% of the NB, which carry for 2 sets of critical damage to kill people like you, I just need to use Essence of Detection and make a couple light attack and you will fall apart. It’s still pretty forgetful that you wrote earlier that your first character was templar, I suspect since you were a loser (as now) you were constantly killed by the NB and you decided to play for them)) I think after you with zerg kill some then you do tback)))

" I guess when an entire DC group of Templars comes sieging BRK I should just leave the Keep and let them have it too, since you claim the appropriate course of action for a NB is to avoid." Hmm, if a group is besieging the castle, then you need to do it, since AD always arrives, if it's prime-time, then leave Cyrodiil and go in early in the morning or at night, when nobody is there))))))
    Edited by Edvard_black on November 22, 2019 9:44AM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    " I guess when an entire DC group of Templars comes sieging BRK I should just leave the Keep and let them have it too, since you claim the appropriate course of action for a NB is to avoid." Hmm, if a group is besieging the castle, then you need to do it, since AD always arrives, if it's prime-time, then leave Cyrodiil and go in early in the morning or at night, when nobody is there))))))

You know, since this is a Massive Multiplayer Online Game, you might consider finding your own group to fight back with.

Or you can whine and cry about not being able to take out a group of players by yourself.

It’s nice to have options.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zacvanm wrote: »
    Every single class in this game has some kind of rotation. It’s not just toppling, crescent, sweep to win. On my magplar I have to buff up, gap close, lay some dots, purifying light, sweeps, heal/buff, repeat. Animation canceling and bar swap canceling may make it seem like we do less but it’s not true. Most people that I kill easily is because they don’t buff, heal, or react in time...which kind of makes it a L2P issue. Templar’s are, contrary to popular opinion, able to be killed. The only people I usually can’t kill or can’t kill me are other Templar’s.

If you start explaining to guys who play 3 button builds and spend their time saying Templar is the easiest and most simple class to play then you'll be doing it forever because those are the kind of people that cannot take criticism; hence why they often play the 3 button meta at the time.

These dudes aint played Templar and if they have, it's clearly not at a good level. I'd love to see any of these guys kill a decent player on any class, doing the 3 things they think we do.

As I said before, the OP is Xbox EU and it's riddled with Stam Dks and Stam Wardens, not Templars (excluding absolute zerglings that are a total non issue as always for anyone decent) - This is a post probably bred from the fact that he's getting binned by Templars and Templars alone whilst having that expectation mentality of winning every fight.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    zacvanm wrote: »

If you start explaining to guys who play 3 button builds and spend their time saying Templar is the easiest and most simple class to play then you'll be doing it forever because those are the kind of people that cannot take criticism; hence why they often play the 3 button meta at the time.

These dudes aint played Templar and if they have, it's clearly not at a good level. I'd love to see any of these guys kill a decent player on any class, doing the 3 things they think we do.

As I said before, the OP is Xbox EU and it's riddled with Stam Dks and Stam Wardens, not Templars (excluding absolute zerglings that are a total non issue as always for anyone decent) - This is a post probably bred from the fact that he's getting binned by Templars and Templars alone whilst having that expectation mentality of winning every fight.

I will venture out to say that my other PvP character is a StamDK and it is actually a smidge harder to play that right now because I have to spend so much time buffing and healing while trying to fit in time to deal damage..but I also don’t have near as much play time with that DK as I do my Templar. Definitely a L2P issue for OP
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe wear a mitigation set? If you go in with a glass cannon build then expect to get crushed when someone gets in close like that.
    Playing since beta...
  • Edvard_black
    Edvard_black
    Soul Shriven
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

You know, since this is a Massive Multiplayer Online Game, you might consider finding your own group to fight back with.

Or you can whine and cry about not being able to take out a group of players by yourself.

It’s nice to have options.

Where did you see my nagging? I just said what it is, if constantly two of the three alliances play prime-time, then AD plays only when there is no online in Cyrodiil. Yes, and I, too, somehow got tired of receiving angry messages from yellow in about this type: "tears, tears, you can only play zerg" OK so now prime-time, what's your problem?
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me introduce you the easiest to get major protection againts stamplars that annoy you.

MAJOR EVASION! This bad boy have an insane up time, It comes with major expedition, snare immunity or the grand major protection itself, depending on your choice. It is not even expensive!

L2P: clicking 'You dont win' button can stop 'I win button stamplars'