The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do something about Templars

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I take a break from ESO. Decide to check it out again because my old guild is talking about coming back to play. Come onto the forums and immediately and reminded why I took the break in the first place.

Two threads whining about how two classes are supposedly overpowered and need a nerf.

This game isn't fun to play any more now because everything is some boring percentage modifier or has been given noob-proof mechanics like cast-times. And people are still whining that stuff is overpowered. The common element here isn't the devs - the combat team is completely different - it's that some players are far overestimating their ability to play this game and cannot accept they die and lose because the reality that other players are flat out better than they are.

I'm not going to say you're flat wrong, but you do seem to be confusing stats for skill. There is nothing, at all skillful about a MagPlar doing Crescent Sweep > Puncturing spam. That's Direct Damage + a DoT + 60% more damage done + 4 ticks of damage over a second per cast + a snare. Two buttons makes them "flat out better"?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you heard of our Lord and savior Eternal Hunt? :trollface:
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    So I take a break from ESO. Decide to check it out again because my old guild is talking about coming back to play. Come onto the forums and immediately and reminded why I took the break in the first place.

Two threads whining about how two classes are supposedly overpowered and need a nerf.

This game isn't fun to play any more now because everything is some boring percentage modifier or has been given noob-proof mechanics like cast-times. And people are still whining that stuff is overpowered. The common element here isn't the devs - the combat team is completely different - it's that some players are far overestimating their ability to play this game and cannot accept they die and lose because the reality that other players are flat out better than they are.

I'm not going to say you're flat wrong, but you do seem to be confusing stats for skill. There is nothing, at all skillful about a MagPlar doing Crescent Sweep > Puncturing spam. That's Direct Damage + a DoT + 60% more damage done + 4 ticks of damage over a second per cast + a snare. Two buttons makes them "flat out better"?

Not necessarily. But the opposing players inability to use a stun and move away is indicative of a lack of skill. Drop fear and cloak; pretty simple combo for a stamblade to pull off.
  • Crucified4sin
    Crucified4sin
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    What class are you playing? I can tell you how to deal with Jabspammers.

Stamblade.

Cast shadow image just when they are about to use Jabs, dodge away from the Jabber to make distance, if possible blockcast a heal and teleport back to Shade.

A demonstration

Using shuffle is relatively successful in decreasing jab dmg as well as snare immunity/cleanse..

Only downside is it doesn't last long so you've got to be ready to pop it numerous times
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This statement is complete and utter hogwash. If I die to a NB it's either a Lethal spammer from 40m away or a NB spamming SA over and over and over, then cloaking out if they can't win. I mean, NB has more damage mitigation than any other class except for Sorcs. If you can't L2P first, then you shouldn't be asking for nerfs on a class that you have zero intentions of trying out before you make a judgmental thread based on your inability to play the game at a skillful level.

BTW, I main a Stamplar - it's not easy and just as an FYI because I guarantee you don't have a clue...there are so many bugged skills with Templar that hinder game performance on the client side that works in your advantage. An example is RoR/ER where the auto calculations on applying this skill are insanely high and imperfect, thus creating more lag on the client end for the player. I also play Stamblade and do just fine up against Templars (both Mag and Stam).
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

Not necessarily. But the opposing players inability to use a stun and move away is indicative of a lack of skill. Drop fear and cloak; pretty simple combo for a stamblade to pull off.

You don't win a fight with fear, and after they break free from it immediately it's back to spamming. There's not even any room on my bar for fear anyway.
    If you can't L2P first, then you shouldn't be asking for nerfs on a class that you have zero intentions of trying out before you make a judgmental thread based on your inability to play the game at a skillful level.

My second character made four years ago was a Templar, and I loled at your username. Typical.

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copying my post from another stamdk focused thread:

The cost [for Stonefist] is too high. It costs 50% more stamina than Biting Jabs, but Jabs does 50% more damage. Comparing the base damage per amount of stamina used, Stonefist has a ratio of 0.26, while Jabs has a ratio of 0.59, making it 125% more efficient in melee range. Realistically, Jabs cannot be weaved as fast as Stonefist, but it can get close, so in an actual fight in melee range, Jabs spam is probably around 100% more efficient than Stonefist.

I realize that Stonefist is ranged, but come on. This is an absurd difference.

It's also important to add that Jabs does the same amount of damage as Warden's Shalks and Necromancer's Blastbones, both of which can be casted at most every 3 seconds, and are considered "burst" abilities.

Every Templar will tell you that having a spammable ability that does as much damage as blastbones and shalks is just fine though (lol).

Now let's consider the fact that it can proc Burning Light half the time for 50% of it's damage, and you have a spammable ability that, 50% of the time, does almost 150% of the damage as blastbones and shalks. Clearly this is a very balanced skill that does not need adjustment.

edit: to compare it to another skill, Jabs + Burning Light proc does 74% more damage than Dizzying Swing, and 34% more damage than Blastbones and Shalks. If you don't play a Templar, but instead play a stamden or stamcro, imagine having a spammable ability that does 34% more damage than Shalks or Blastbones, and you'll start to understand how good Jabs is.
    Edited by ecru on November 15, 2019 2:14AM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    Copying my post from another stamdk focused thread:

The cost [for Stonefist] is too high. It costs 50% more stamina than Biting Jabs, but Jabs does 50% more damage. Comparing the base damage per amount of stamina used, Stonefist has a ratio of 0.26, while Jabs has a ratio of 0.59, making it 125% more efficient in melee range. Realistically, Jabs cannot be weaved as fast as Stonefist, but it can get close, so in an actual fight in melee range, Jabs spam is probably around 100% more efficient than Stonefist.

I realize that Stonefist is ranged, but come on. This is an absurd difference.

It's also important to add that Jabs does the same amount of damage as Warden's Shalks and Necromancer's Blastbones, both of which can be casted at most every 3 seconds, and are considered "burst" abilities.

Every Templar will tell you that having a spammable ability that does as much damage as blastbones and shalks is just fine though (lol).

Now let's consider the fact that it can proc Burning Light half the time for 50% of it's damage, and you have a spammable ability that, 50% of the time, does almost 150% of the damage as blastbones and shalks. Clearly this is a very balanced skill that does not need adjustment.

edit: to compare it to another skill, Jabs + Burning Light proc does 74% more damage than Dizzying Swing, and 34% more damage than Blastbones and Shalks. If you don't play a Templar, but instead play a stamden or stamcro, imagine having a spammable ability that does 34% more damage than Shalks or Blastbones, and you'll start to understand how good Jabs is.

I get that you need a reference to compare jabs with but really stonefist is such a failure and meme , that I don't think it makes a healthy example. Just wanted to point that out.

If jabs was treated like stonefist it would have its damage reduced to account for burning light passive since stonefist gets a fat cost increase to account for helping hands.(Again, what is the point of having cost reduction passives if you're going to put MASSIVE costs on every ability? This is a reoccuring theme with stamDK that both our dots and spammables have cost reduction passives yet they have ridicilous base costs regardless. Making all those passives just pointless placeholders.)

I mean the difference between templar and Dk in this case is that templar didn't got nerfed as hard, I'm really tired of this constant nerf-buff cycles. I don't want to ask for a nerf to templar. I just want my class back honestly. Nerfing templar wouldn't really make much of a difference. I'd still be playing a class thats essentially a shadow of what it once was.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 15, 2019 2:45AM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major evasion is major.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Every class, every class, has the ability to center their build around one thing and have it be very very strong right now. If you are routinely being bested by magplars on a stamblade then frankly you aren’t playing stam very well. If it’s stamina jabs that are giving you trouble, well a stamplar with a build focused around jabs will be a much stronger matchup for a good stamblade, if both players are evenly matched the win will probably go to the ‘plar more than half the time, but they will be good fights.

If your build is more “all around” than focused, you will be bested by builds with focused output more often than not, that’s just a truth of this patch.

Agree. I've adjusted my PVP builds to really be one trick ponies with a bit of survivability built in. I can kill some folks but still die too.

I mainly play magplar in PVP and I'll tell you my jabs are only good against ball groups/zergs and grouped NPCs at resources lol. In a one on one I rarely use them, they just don't hit consistently.

If you're having trouble with them, I've noticed people will run through me since it's a damage cone to avoid it.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I think the issue the OP is having is moreso playing a stamblade. Easy kill as a templar.

Isn't stamblade the one class that can have ridicilous amounts of mitigation especially against templar if they choose to?

Just have spectral bow and BRP DW and dark cloak... I guess you don't even need DW you can just have shuffle or the class skill instead but you get the idea. I don't get this ''stamblade squishy'' myth going on. you can get a stamblade extremely tanky with minimal effort.

Sort of but not really. There’s mitigation but if it isn’t backed up with good self healing it’s not that helpful.

Say someone is taking 30% of tooltip damage normally. Stamblades can mitigate another 10% with merciless, with the way the calculation is that means damage is reduced from 30% to 27% of someone’s tooltip. It ends up being a good reduction, but it’s not like NBs will suddenly be tankier then classes like DKs or Templars with tons of self healing.

Troll king. Just troll king. Stamblade is not even supposed to outlast Dks or templars 1v1 but it can. I seriously don't get what stamblade mains are smoking nowadays, yes I get it, templar stronk, warden stronk, okay fair, we already know that. I don't disagree, you're right Nb won't be tankier than say a Dk or templar with all the heals they've got. But like , you know, survivability is all Dk is good for right now, and stamplar's state is kind of obvious to anyone with eyes.

But in what world stamblade is weak? Why are so many people acting like stamblade is unplayable, even going so far as to shamelessly ask for nerfs to cloak counters?

I main a magplar. If you think Stamblades are a serious threat I think it’s the pot calling the kettle black.

Stamblades are playable, all classes are, but you aren’t going to beat a templar who knows what they’re doing.

I think it’s a bit of rock - paper - scissors in the game design, intended or not. A magblade won’t beat a DK unless the DK’s bad, a stamblade won’t beat a magtemplar unless the Templar’s bad.

I switched to magtemplar from magblade a couple months ago. Running around solo Stamblades are the one match up I haven’t lost against even though I’m learning the class.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 15, 2019 5:14AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, here's the deal with jabs and it's been like this since launch: the skill actually used to be considerably stronger - it used to stun, the heal could crit, the heal "double dipped," and all damage+heal skill used to have a fairly common bug where they heal for like double the amount they should. In short, the skill used to be much stronger and yet, a templar spamming jabs was never meta and never considered even strong: 90% of the templars out there were just trash players who held block and spammed BoL (which also used to be way stronger).

So tell me, when did the player base forget how to play the game and come onto the forums complaining about jabs?

If someone has trouble dealing with just a Templar mashing a jabs button, I'm sorry to be the bearer of disappointing news, but that is 1000% their problem, not a stats problem. If you ask any templar who has been here for years and is halfway decent at this game about a jabs spam, we'll all say the same thing: bad players do the ESO equivalent and crawling into a fetal position and die whereas people who are just competent - not even necessarily good - will generally do *something* -whether stun, streak, root, ultimate, whatever - and force me to take the fight seriously and use multiple skills. It's always been this way. I can tell within 3 seconds if a fight I have with any opponent will be a rollover stomp or if I have competition.
    It does not matter what class, or what meta, or what dumb combat changes the devs came up with, it has always been the player.

Maybe you and others are thinking "Oh, look it's Joy, who's been biased for years defending templars." OK, so I'm biased. Thanks for the newsflash, now tell me who isn't biased? We all are biased, so does this mean that all discussion is worthless and everybody's opinion is untrustworthy because of bias? If you or anyone else wants to put your head in the sand and discount everything I say because I am biased, by all means go ahead. But I am telling you as someone who has logged hundreds of hours playing a magplar for five years in Cyrodiil that decent players do not die when I just spam jabs.
    Edited by Joy_Division on November 15, 2019 5:39AM
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Stop the PVP Whine. My, my can't you just play the game and stop crying for nerfs all the time?

This is my first nerf thread. I normally never care about nerfing anything but a Templar locking you down with jabs spam is far more annoying than NB gankers ever have been. And PvP is full of Templars now.
    Snare immunity + major evasion, aka shuffle/phantasmal escape. Use it. Profit.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop the PVP Whine. My, my can't you just play the game and stop crying for nerfs all the time?

This is my first nerf thread. I normally never care about nerfing anything but a Templar locking you down with jabs spam is far more annoying than NB gankers ever have been. And PvP is full of Templars now.

Stamblade gets beat by a templar and comes to forum to complain about their glaring L2P issue, hilarity ensues.

You're aware that jabs/sweeps is melee range only, yes? What do you think could *possibly* counter such a thing?

And you expect a StamBlade to fight from range? When a Templar can just gap close to you with their class ability.

Funny now that templar gap closer is working when for years it was just a mess and did not work most of the time and now people are saying it needs to be nerfed. I wish it would get a stam version to go along with the magicika version.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it ironic that this thread is - at the moment - sandwiched between a nerf healers thread and a sorcs are immortal thread. And I can't count how many nerf cloaked snipers threads I've seen. Since everything needs nerfs, that must mean everything is balanced pretty well. ;)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on November 15, 2019 11:28AM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    W00t nerf sorc!
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Stamblade gets beat by a templar and comes to forum to complain about their glaring L2P issue, hilarity ensues.

You're aware that jabs/sweeps is melee range only, yes? What do you think could *possibly* counter such a thing?

And you expect a StamBlade to fight from range? When a Templar can just gap close to you with their class ability.

Funny now that templar gap closer is working when for years it was just a mess and did not work most of the time and now people are saying it needs to be nerfed. I wish it would get a stam version to go along with the magicika version.

Still doesn't work most of the times when you are chasing runners
  • Kaios
    Kaios
    ✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

As an inexperienced player when it comes to PvP I have noticed that the majority of my fears won't affect many players. What is the skill or buff being used/applied that prevents a Fear from taking effect? And how do you negate it? Lately I've taken to building in more survivability and essentially use myself as bait in order to draw focus away from higher damage dealers and to support groups by utilizing skills such as Fear but it does seem rather unreliable a lot of the time and I'm not sure why.
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    StShoot wrote: »
    This is a nerf Stamplar thread yeah, not Magplar?

Also:
    We both have our mind sets. If i were to use a recording of the Templars youd most like nit pick at my play skill and still call it a L2P issue. But im not the only player who's noticed the mass surge in Templars in PvP, and all they have to do is buff and spam Jabs.

That's fairly important IMO - People who aren't at the top, shouldn't be making nerf requests.

You're Xbox Eu right, I feel like I've seen your name before? Where's this mass surge in Templars? I literally see a couple Templars now. If you look around on Xbox Eu what you'll see is a horde of Stam Dk's, Stam Wardens and Stam Sorcs on Off balance heavy attack and ult builds. That's literally ALL you see on Xbox Eu now and I am happy to make recordings of it if you want it, dno where you're getting 'mass surge in Templars' from - Nearly every single one of them dipped the moment this patch dropped, as expected.

The 'Set enemy off balance when you dodge an attack' CP passive, combined especially with DK's personal buffs is giving them 13k leaps, crazy weave damage and they still have big damage in dizzy/executioner. The other classes 3 button rotations you can figure out for yourself but they're all clones of each other, and they ARE everywhere, unlike Templars.

No cp pc Eu here

templars are everywhere, i dont think they have to be nerfed (you could ask instead to BUFF the other classes) but at the same time templar is not a weak class atm, jabs + 2handed ult is most of the times an auto kill against less experienced players. You have the ritual do deal with most of the enemy dots/negativ effects, the rune provides you with a huge amount of resistances and sustain and total dark grants a *** ton of healing. At the same time (and thats interesting for newer players) the healing ritual+aoe vigor/mutagen grant you lots of ap if you run in a big group and if you spam jabs you dont realy have to care witch target you hit. More over templar has the hardest hiting synergie in the game, so yeah there are reasons why the templar is so popular at the moment

Templars are always everywhere in Cyrodil, but they're rarely any good - That won't change. We're obviously not talking about those donuts as they couldn't batter a sausage if they worked in a chip shop.

You're talking about 2H ult, total dark and ritual etc - Which spec is causing you problems?

Ritual cannot be spammed at will like people make out, furthermore, people are running less dots.
    Total Dark has just been nerfed because people lost their mind - It costs is just shy of HtD but it does about ~60% of HtD's total healing.
    Healing on Templar is a shell of it's former self and stam heals are quite the opposite.
    Rune provides the same Major Ward and Resolve that other classes have access to - Spiked Armour, Shadow Barrier, Lightning Form & Frost Cloak off the top of my head; they all have their unique perks too.

When it comes to Stamplar - Any of those guys you say you're seeing could go make a Stam DK / Warden and 3 bang people with Off Balance, dizzy, leap and executioner or dizzy, sub, ult, you can't cleanse any of that and it happens in a second or 2.

I never said Templar was weak and it may well be different for you but it's far from an issue on our platform - I'm sure OP is Xbox EU with me.

Either way, I'm not seeing Templars like you and the ones that are left are definitely not there because of those observations.

Well im a mag dk so any fight against a templar is tricky fight at the moment (ritual costs less than it costs me to put 5 debuffs on the enemy), but i never complained or even said that i have problems against templers.
    My point is that templar IS strong in pvp but i guess that there are always players who think they class sucks. I didnt even asked for a nerf, i just pointed the reasons out why templars are indeed a strong class to play in pvp because they toolkit is well rounded, especialy magplers, stamplers are only up there because biting jabs work so incredible well with the 2handed ult.

and while its true that all major ward and resolves buffs have some unique perks atached, the rune is one of the strongest

regarding you last point, they are on pc eu, i know lots of players who changed to the templer because of those reasons in the curent patch
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭

Stamblade.

figures, another NB crying about templars.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamblade.

NB crybabies! L2P issue.

Not a templar main im not not S. hit

NB sees more jabs because jabs pulls you out of stealth so you get it spammed on you, stop hitting the coward button! If you cant then build for more survivability as oppose to glass cannon!
    Edited by Stebarnz on November 15, 2019 9:00PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamblade.

Stebarnz wrote: »

Stamblade.

NB crybabies! L2P issue.

NB sees more jabs because jabs pulls you out of stealth so you get it spammed on you, stop hitting the coward button! If you cant then build for more survivability as oppose to glass cannon!

I wonder if you people have this attitude in real life. If so, i feel sorry for you. If not, you must be enjoying that internet anonymity huh.
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamblade.

Cast shadow image just when they are about to use Jabs, dodge away from the Jabber to make distance, if possible blockcast a heal and teleport back to Shade.

A demonstration

Right, use 3 gcd, a block and a roll to get away from a single spammable, what a great advice.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a nerf Stamplar thread yeah, not Magplar?

Also:
    We both have our mind sets. If i were to use a recording of the Templars youd most like nit pick at my play skill and still call it a L2P issue. But im not the only player who's noticed the mass surge in Templars in PvP, and all they have to do is buff and spam Jabs.

That's fairly important IMO - People who aren't at the top, shouldn't be making nerf requests.

You're Xbox Eu right, I feel like I've seen your name before? Where's this mass surge in Templars? I literally see a couple Templars now. If you look around on Xbox Eu what you'll see is a horde of Stam Dk's, Stam Wardens and Stam Sorcs on Off balance heavy attack and ult builds. That's literally ALL you see on Xbox Eu now and I am happy to make recordings of it if you want it, dno where you're getting 'mass surge in Templars' from - Nearly every single one of them dipped the moment this patch dropped, as expected.

The 'Set enemy off balance when you dodge an attack' CP passive, combined especially with DK's personal buffs is giving them 13k leaps, crazy weave damage and they still have big damage in dizzy/executioner. The other classes 3 button rotations you can figure out for yourself but they're all clones of each other, and they ARE everywhere, unlike Templars.

No cp pc Eu here

templars are everywhere, i dont think they have to be nerfed (you could ask instead to BUFF the other classes) but at the same time templar is not a weak class atm, jabs + 2handed ult is most of the times an auto kill against less experienced players. You have the ritual do deal with most of the enemy dots/negativ effects, the rune provides you with a huge amount of resistances and sustain and total dark grants a *** ton of healing. At the same time (and thats interesting for newer players) the healing ritual+aoe vigor/mutagen grant you lots of ap if you run in a big group and if you spam jabs you dont realy have to care witch target you hit. More over templar has the hardest hiting synergie in the game, so yeah there are reasons why the templar is so popular at the moment

Templars are always everywhere in Cyrodil, but they're rarely any good - That won't change. We're obviously not talking about those donuts as they couldn't batter a sausage if they worked in a chip shop.

You're talking about 2H ult, total dark and ritual etc - Which spec is causing you problems?

Ritual cannot be spammed at will like people make out, furthermore, people are running less dots.
    Total Dark has just been nerfed because people lost their mind - It costs is just shy of HtD but it does about ~60% of HtD's total healing.
    Healing on Templar is a shell of it's former self and stam heals are quite the opposite.
    Rune provides the same Major Ward and Resolve that other classes have access to - Spiked Armour, Shadow Barrier, Lightning Form & Frost Cloak off the top of my head; they all have their unique perks too.

When it comes to Stamplar - Any of those guys you say you're seeing could go make a Stam DK / Warden and 3 bang people with Off Balance, dizzy, leap and executioner or dizzy, sub, ult, you can't cleanse any of that and it happens in a second or 2.

I never said Templar was weak and it may well be different for you but it's far from an issue on our platform - I'm sure OP is Xbox EU with me.

Either way, I'm not seeing Templars like you and the ones that are left are definitely not there because of those observations.

Well im a mag dk so any fight against a templar is tricky fight at the moment (ritual costs less than it costs me to put 5 debuffs on the enemy), but i never complained or even said that i have problems against templers.
    My point is that templar IS strong in pvp but i guess that there are always players who think they class sucks. I didnt even asked for a nerf, i just pointed the reasons out why templars are indeed a strong class to play in pvp because they toolkit is well rounded, especialy magplers, stamplers are only up there because biting jabs work so incredible well with the 2handed ult.

and while its true that all major ward and resolves buffs have some unique perks atached, the rune is one of the strongest

regarding you last point, they are on pc eu, i know lots of players who changed to the templer because of those reasons in the curent patch

Yea this is true, my main was a magblade prior to changing to Magtemplar.

I always saw DKs as almost unkillable, best part about switching from NB to Templar is all my abilities aren’t projectiles anymore. I can take down DKs that I would have had zero chance of taking down as a magblade.

A lot of forum perceptions come from what class people play. Change classes and the strengths and weaknesses of different classes changes a huge amount.

I think that’s why Stamblades are weak and people still think they’re okay according to the forums. Overwhelming amount of magsorcs who’re weak against them shifting opinions making people think they’re stronger then they are. As a DK you’re probably in the same situation as a magtemplar, Stamblades are easy to take down.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 15, 2019 10:52PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If X is countered by something and you nerf that counter, then X is next. Stealth away from a spec that your spec can't regularly beat while you still have stealth.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB huh? Probably yet another that tries to just spam cloak so they got jabs/sweep spam in return. Have a video of one doing exactly that and acting like they had no clue WTF to do when I popped a detect pot and jabbed away.

L2P without cloak, then profit while using it as icing rather than the cake.
  • mustangmorgan31
    mustangmorgan31
    ✭✭✭✭

Stamblade.

Stamblade.

NB crybabies! L2P issue.

I wonder if you people have this attitude in real life. If so, i feel sorry for you. If not, you must be enjoying that internet anonymity huh.

BAD ATTITUDE? You are the person whom thinks he is entitled that a class should be nerfed because it has a counter to your cloak spam. Why should a class be nerfed because you play a medium armor glass cannon and then get on a forums and cry about jabs? What makes YOU so special that a class should be nerfed (more than what it has already) just so you can continue to cloak around and burst from stealth? YOU choose to play a squishy NB. So you think you shouldn't have a class that can counteract your stealth? So you think you should be so OP that no class can counteract you? You have one of the best fears in the game. Fear the templar, roll dodge, and cloak away. Pick and choose your targets. I have a DC NB and I try to avoid templars because I know they have a good shot at killing me.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stamblade.

Stamblade.

NB crybabies! L2P issue.

BAD ATTITUDE? You are the person whom thinks he is entitled that a class should be nerfed because it has a counter to your cloak spam. Why should a class be nerfed because you play a medium armor glass cannon and then get on a forums and cry about jabs? What makes YOU so special that a class should be nerfed (more than what it has already) just so you can continue to cloak around and burst from stealth? YOU choose to play a squishy NB. So you think you shouldn't have a class that can counteract your stealth? So you think you should be so OP that no class can counteract you? You have one of the best fears in the game. Fear the templar, roll dodge, and cloak away. Pick and choose your targets. I have a DC NB and I try to avoid templars because I know they have a good shot at killing me.

I don’t think Templars need a nerf but the thing is Magblades who use dark cloak are basicly Templars without breath of life or honour the dead.

Try it sometime, run a templar build without it and see what you think of NB self healing. You’ll probably change your mind.

If Templars had the skill removed completely and you posted a complaint about it you’d get a flood of troll posts about using dampen magic, healing ward, rapid regen, and L2P posts.

OP went about his complaint the wrong way, but to sum it up the situation:
    - lack of burst unless you build really glassy because the class lacks any delayed damage ability
    - builds glassy so reliant on cloak
    - easily countered with a detect pot, a templar can one button spam them down because their defense sucks

Templar’s getting the heat for the situation because you literally can Sweeps spam a Stamblade down. Even if they built tankier the self healing would catch up to them, they have to break and run away.
    Edited by Iskiab on November 16, 2019 12:17AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Major Evasion, Fear and Shadow Image are your friends. Keep Shadow Image up at all times and when youre forced to go on defensive, escape to it and reset the fight. If you cant find a slot for either of those then dont ask for nerfs against specs that you do nothing to defend yourself.

You can only counter so many enemies with the same build
    Edited by Ankael07 on November 16, 2019 12:27AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    NB huh? Probably yet another that tries to just spam cloak so they got jabs/sweep spam in return. Have a video of one doing exactly that and acting like they had no clue WTF to do when I popped a detect pot and jabbed away.

L2P without cloak, then profit while using it as icing rather than the cake.

Real creative idea there! Slot Cloak but don't use it until the moment is just right...

Idiot.
    Edited by brandonv516 on November 16, 2019 1:14AM