The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Do something about Templars

• Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played stamblade in BGs for a little bit and had a handful of fights against good stamplars. I think your issue revolves around feeling like a sitting duck to the jab spam since you can’t run away due to the snare, or cloak. Best thing I can recommend is snare immunity through shuffle. Pop shuffle, roll cancel a vigor to get away and reset the fight by cloaking. It takes some getting used to but you’ll get the hang of it.
    Edited by Valykc on November 14, 2019 2:09PM
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    This is a nerf Stamplar thread yeah, not Magplar?

Also:
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    We both have our mind sets. If i were to use a recording of the Templars youd most like nit pick at my play skill and still call it a L2P issue. But im not the only player who's noticed the mass surge in Templars in PvP, and all they have to do is buff and spam Jabs.

That's fairly important IMO - People who aren't at the top, shouldn't be making nerf requests.

You're Xbox Eu right, I feel like I've seen your name before? Where's this mass surge in Templars? I literally see a couple Templars now. If you look around on Xbox Eu what you'll see is a horde of Stam Dk's, Stam Wardens and Stam Sorcs on Off balance heavy attack and ult builds. That's literally ALL you see on Xbox Eu now and I am happy to make recordings of it if you want it, dno where you're getting 'mass surge in Templars' from - Nearly every single one of them dipped the moment this patch dropped, as expected.

The 'Set enemy off balance when you dodge an attack' CP passive, combined especially with DK's personal buffs is giving them 13k leaps, crazy weave damage and they still have big damage in dizzy/executioner. The other classes 3 button rotations you can figure out for yourself but they're all clones of each other, and they ARE everywhere, unlike Templars.

No cp pc Eu here

templars are everywhere, i dont think they have to be nerfed (you could ask instead to BUFF the other classes) but at the same time templar is not a weak class atm, jabs + 2handed ult is most of the times an auto kill against less experienced players. You have the ritual do deal with most of the enemy dots/negativ effects, the rune provides you with a huge amount of resistances and sustain and total dark grants a *** ton of healing. At the same time (and thats interesting for newer players) the healing ritual+aoe vigor/mutagen grant you lots of ap if you run in a big group and if you spam jabs you dont realy have to care witch target you hit. More over templar has the hardest hiting synergie in the game, so yeah there are reasons why the templar is so popular at the moment
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use major evasion. Jabs are not hitting you for like 2k.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    I played 3 BG matches tonight.
    uc?id=1t3Qmcsg-M-Ys0erU0hKPl4tGH_l2P4DG

Excuse me @ChunkyCat , what add on is that? Looks pretty useful to me for keeping track of BG records.
    Edited by chrightt on November 14, 2019 2:32PM
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone died in PvP.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »

Excuse me @ChunkyCat , what add on is that? Looks pretty useful to me for keeping track of BG records.

Pvp meter every oneshould present at least 100 play on every class before ask for non sense nerf like nerf sorc, DK ...temlar was op at Elsweyr thats true now they are balanced class.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chrightt wrote: »

PvP Meter
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every class, every class, has the ability to center their build around one thing and have it be very very strong right now. If you are routinely being bested by magplars on a stamblade then frankly you aren’t playing stam very well. If it’s stamina jabs that are giving you trouble, well a stamplar with a build focused around jabs will be a much stronger matchup for a good stamblade, if both players are evenly matched the win will probably go to the ‘plar more than half the time, but they will be good fights.

If your build is more “all around” than focused, you will be bested by builds with focused output more often than not, that’s just a truth of this patch.
    Edited by Reverb on November 14, 2019 3:28PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    If your build is more “all around” than focused, you will be bested by builds with focused output more often than not, that’s just a truth of this patch.

That's an interesting thought. So you'd recommend BG players essentially spec to maximize one or two offensive skills and strictly focus on using those?

For me Radiant Oppression is more oppressive than Jabs, but that's probably because I'm sluggish and should do better to evade it when I see it, it is quite obvious visually.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been suggested before that part of the "meta spec" issue in BGs is that many really good offensive players will switch to a patch's strongest offensive spec. That makes sense, so if MagPlar was maybe only marginally better than other specs in the last patch, it seemed worse than it was because so many good players switched to using a MagPlar. It's probably reasonable that MagPlar may still seem OP because so many good players are still playing one.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a nerf Templar thread.

Mashing one button/key should never guarantee a win 100% of the time. Something needs to be done about Jabs spam.

I love it when people actually think their button mash spamming is unique in any shape or form, and the players they loose to are all only button mash spamming... :D
    SGWO7vM.gif

Edited by Idinuse on November 14, 2019 3:07PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    This is a nerf Stamplar thread yeah, not Magplar?

Also:
    We both have our mind sets. If i were to use a recording of the Templars youd most like nit pick at my play skill and still call it a L2P issue. But im not the only player who's noticed the mass surge in Templars in PvP, and all they have to do is buff and spam Jabs.

That's fairly important IMO - People who aren't at the top, shouldn't be making nerf requests.

You're Xbox Eu right, I feel like I've seen your name before? Where's this mass surge in Templars? I literally see a couple Templars now. If you look around on Xbox Eu what you'll see is a horde of Stam Dk's, Stam Wardens and Stam Sorcs on Off balance heavy attack and ult builds. That's literally ALL you see on Xbox Eu now and I am happy to make recordings of it if you want it, dno where you're getting 'mass surge in Templars' from - Nearly every single one of them dipped the moment this patch dropped, as expected.

The 'Set enemy off balance when you dodge an attack' CP passive, combined especially with DK's personal buffs is giving them 13k leaps, crazy weave damage and they still have big damage in dizzy/executioner. The other classes 3 button rotations you can figure out for yourself but they're all clones of each other, and they ARE everywhere, unlike Templars.

No cp pc Eu here

templars are everywhere, i dont think they have to be nerfed (you could ask instead to BUFF the other classes) but at the same time templar is not a weak class atm, jabs + 2handed ult is most of the times an auto kill against less experienced players. You have the ritual do deal with most of the enemy dots/negativ effects, the rune provides you with a huge amount of resistances and sustain and total dark grants a *** ton of healing. At the same time (and thats interesting for newer players) the healing ritual+aoe vigor/mutagen grant you lots of ap if you run in a big group and if you spam jabs you dont realy have to care witch target you hit. More over templar has the hardest hiting synergie in the game, so yeah there are reasons why the templar is so popular at the moment

Templars are always everywhere in Cyrodil, but they're rarely any good - That won't change. We're obviously not talking about those donuts as they couldn't batter a sausage if they worked in a chip shop.

You're talking about 2H ult, total dark and ritual etc - Which spec is causing you problems?

Ritual cannot be spammed at will like people make out, furthermore, people are running less dots.
    Total Dark has just been nerfed because people lost their mind - It costs is just shy of HtD but it does about ~60% of HtD's total healing.
    Healing on Templar is a shell of it's former self and stam heals are quite the opposite.
    Rune provides the same Major Ward and Resolve that other classes have access to - Spiked Armour, Shadow Barrier, Lightning Form & Frost Cloak off the top of my head; they all have their unique perks too.

When it comes to Stamplar - Any of those guys you say you're seeing could go make a Stam DK / Warden and 3 bang people with Off Balance, dizzy, leap and executioner or dizzy, sub, ult, you can't cleanse any of that and it happens in a second or 2.

I never said Templar was weak and it may well be different for you but it's far from an issue on our platform - I'm sure OP is Xbox EU with me.

Either way, I'm not seeing Templars like you and the ones that are left are definitely not there because of those observations.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mashing one button/key should never guarantee a win 100% of the time. Something needs to be done about Jabs spam.

Dear God not another nerf thread :/

Why don't you people just L2P and stop picking on classes that you have too much trouble killing for your liking.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

That's an interesting thought. So you'd recommend BG players essentially spec to maximize one or two offensive skills and strictly focus on using those?

I think so. Everyone should have buffs and defensive/escape skills slotted, but offense in BG is most effective when built around one spammable and an execute in this patch.

There are always exceptions in pvp builds, and there are a handful of people rocking those exceptions very effectively, but in general BG players shouldn’t bother with dots or rotations, or trying to get fancy right now.

I look forward to a time with more nuanced builds, but that time is not now. The overreaction to the dot meta means that there is nothing more effective than a direct damage spammable for the foreseeable future.
    Edited by Reverb on November 14, 2019 3:35PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the issue the OP is having is moreso playing a stamblade. Easy kill as a templar.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Stop the PVP Whine. My, my can't you just play the game and stop crying for nerfs all the time?

This is my first nerf thread. I normally never care about nerfing anything but a Templar locking you down with jabs spam is far more annoying than NB gankers ever have been. And PvP is full of Templars now.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭
    Stop the PVP Whine. My, my can't you just play the game and stop crying for nerfs all the time?

This is my first nerf thread. I normally never care about nerfing anything but a Templar locking you down with jabs spam is far more annoying than NB gankers ever have been. And PvP is full of Templars now.

Stamblade gets beat by a templar and comes to forum to complain about their glaring L2P issue, hilarity ensues.

You're aware that jabs/sweeps is melee range only, yes? What do you think could *possibly* counter such a thing?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OP, use one of your ten thumbs to move your character two steps left or right... jabs/sweeps everted.

Or you can continue to QQ about where the Templar touched you...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just because you haven't learned how to counter something yet, doesn't mean there isn't a way to counter it.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I think the issue the OP is having is moreso playing a stamblade. Easy kill as a templar.

Isn't stamblade the one class that can have ridicilous amounts of mitigation especially against templar if they choose to?

Just have spectral bow and BRP DW and dark cloak... I guess you don't even need DW you can just have shuffle or the class skill instead but you get the idea. I don't get this ''stamblade squishy'' myth going on. you can get a stamblade extremely tanky with minimal effort.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 14, 2019 7:54PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checked this thread twice now and it has not turned into a nerf sorc thread yet... so... uh...

Nerf sorc
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only personal issue with Jabs is its conal hitbox. Its much harder to not get hit with this thing when templar gets close comparing to like DK, where you can dodge or circle out the whips. With Jabs you just have to be in general direction for at least one tick to hit.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Checked this thread twice now and it has not turned into a nerf sorc thread yet... so... uh...

Nerf sorc

I was first!
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, this is just sad...I want to comment with constructive criticism, buuuuttt.....I just can't....

There is so many counters to Jabs/Sweeps that it is a Joke for anyone to suggest what OP complains about. Just L2P. If you have trouble against Templars, roll one and try it for yourself :D
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Luede wrote: »
    the major problem is the healing. a lot of healing combined with 30k hp heavy armor builds and on top a lot of burst dmg, is a rly terrible meta. But lets see what next patch will bring.

And yet all classes in the game seem to be capable of this in PvP, and if not, there's proc sets.

Blocking, rolling, and movement speed go a lot further than relying on a single skill that is arguably broken to make or break your build.

Isn't stamblade the one class that can have ridicilous amounts of mitigation especially against templar if they choose to?

Just have spectral bow and BRP DW and dark cloak... I guess you don't even need DW you can just have shuffle or the class skill instead but you get the idea. I don't get this ''stamblade squishy'' myth going on. you can get a stamblade extremely tanky with minimal effort.

It's an attempt to get a class performing well this patch overbuffed and to prevent cloak from ever getting nerfed. You should know the game by now...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sort of but not really. There’s mitigation but if it isn’t backed up with good self healing it’s not that helpful.

Say someone is taking 30% of tooltip damage normally. Stamblades can mitigate another 10% with merciless, with the way the calculation is that means damage is reduced from 30% to 27% of someone’s tooltip. It ends up being a good reduction, but it’s not like NBs will suddenly be tankier then classes like DKs or Templars with tons of self healing.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sort of but not really. There’s mitigation but if it isn’t backed up with good self healing it’s not that helpful.

Say someone is taking 30% of tooltip damage normally. Stamblades can mitigate another 10% with merciless, with the way the calculation is that means damage is reduced from 30% to 27% of someone’s tooltip. It ends up being a good reduction, but it’s not like NBs will suddenly be tankier then classes like DKs or Templars with tons of self healing.

Troll king. Just troll king. Stamblade is not even supposed to outlast Dks or templars 1v1 but it can. I seriously don't get what stamblade mains are smoking nowadays, yes I get it, templar stronk, warden stronk, okay fair, we already know that. I don't disagree, you're right Nb won't be tankier than say a Dk or templar with all the heals they've got. But like , you know, survivability is all Dk is good for right now, and stamplar's state is kind of obvious to anyone with eyes.

But in what world stamblade is weak? Why are so many people acting like stamblade is unplayable, even going so far as to shamelessly ask for nerfs to cloak counters?
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 14, 2019 11:39PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamblade gets beat by a templar and comes to forum to complain about their glaring L2P issue, hilarity ensues.

You're aware that jabs/sweeps is melee range only, yes? What do you think could *possibly* counter such a thing?

And you expect a StamBlade to fight from range? When a Templar can just gap close to you with their class ability.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The snare should just be eliminated on the Sweeps morph.

Reason being is class gap closer is available and very much utilized on magicka.

The gap closer can be blocked, dodged, and cloaked.

I am not usually one to shout nerf, but coming face to face with a decent Templar focusing jabs, is a nightmare. Any average/inexperienced player gets eviscerated in short order.

There's the real issue.

Take that same average/inexperienced player and stick them infront of any decent player using their spammable or the equivalent that's being used as a spammable - Nothing will change and in fact, they'll probably die even faster.

Ive killed ppl spamming reflective light. NERF IT!!!

really though, sweeps/jabs is a spammable that has more counterplay than ANY other in the game. It better be decent if it lands.
    Edited by EtTuBrutus on November 15, 2019 12:19AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I take a break from ESO. Decide to check it out again because my old guild is talking about coming back to play. Come onto the forums and immediately and reminded why I took the break in the first place.

Two threads whining about how two classes are supposedly overpowered and need a nerf.

This game isn't fun to play any more now because everything is some boring percentage modifier or has been given noob-proof mechanics like cast-times. And people are still whining that stuff is overpowered. The common element here isn't the devs - the combat team is completely different - it's that some players are far overestimating their ability to play this game and cannot accept they die and lose because the reality that other players are flat out better than they are.
    Edited by Joy_Division on November 15, 2019 12:34AM