Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Account randomly suspended

• ElsaBiodinamica
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @ElsaBiodinamica

I've sent you a private message regarding your support ticket.

Is there any way I can have some informations on my suspension too?

I'm not quite certain with what they meant when they mention tickets to have escalated. Don't know if it means they'll look into it, or that the number of tickets i sent made it worse (I've sent 4 in total).

In the past, escalated means my ticket got passed to a team they think can handle my issue. It doesnt always mean success, but its generally a good thing. There's progress.

mine was "escalated" on the 20th October...............still nothing

Don't give up yet, i sure wont, but i wont spam them with tickets to get it done, for now, i'll keep checking here for updates or any personal messages that could show signs of improvement. So don't give up yet bud.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to wonder if someone hacked into your account while you were offline. That's what I would suspect if it I was in your place.
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭
    Update: apparently my account has been hacked and now the suspension has been finally removed! :) Thanks everyone! @ElsaBiodinamica and @Alienoutlaw I wish your problems will be solved soon too! Keep pushing forwards ^^
    "h*es" stay quirky, I stay unemployed

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • ElsaBiodinamica
    Update: apparently my account has been hacked and now the suspension has been finally removed! :) Thanks everyone! @ElsaBiodinamica and @Alienoutlaw I wish your problems will be solved soon too! Keep pushing forwards ^^

WOOHOO! Congrats Nick! Glad you got your account back safe and sound! I'll continue looking up for updates on my case, so fingers crossed.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

congrats glad you got it sorted :)
  • ElsaBiodinamica
    I quite hope Support wont forget us, even if UnknownNick got his account back...i've hoped to get my account back before November's Crown Showcase, there are alot of goodies i might miss :confounded:

Any news on your end @Alienoutlaw ?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I quite hope Support wont forget us, even if UnknownNick got his account back...i've hoped to get my account back before November's Crown Showcase, there are alot of goodies i might miss :confounded:

yes they got in touch today and confirmed the reason was an Auto-disablement due to a charge back, so i now am sorting it out, hopefully get account back soon
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: apparently my account has been hacked and now the suspension has been finally removed! :)

Ah ... so there was an actual purpose for ZOS to suspend (to protect your account from further harm).

Not random? ;)
  • ElsaBiodinamica
    Update: apparently my account has been hacked and now the suspension has been finally removed! :)

Ah ... so there was an actual purpose for ZOS to suspend (to protect your account from further harm).

Not random? ;)

Well, one by one each are being sorted and talked to, so i guess i gotta wait for my turn to get an answer and hoping to get it back.
  • ElsaBiodinamica

yes they got in touch today and confirmed the reason was an Auto-disablement due to a charge back, so i now am sorting it out, hopefully get account back soon

I see, im somehow convinced i had the same case after some investigation within my mails. I'm having a feeling is connected to an incident i had on my Steam account 2 months back.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I see, im somehow convinced i had the same case after some investigation within my mails. I'm having a feeling is connected to an incident i had on my Steam account 2 months back.

could be, it took awhile but hang in there, i have found once they email you the respond quickly after that
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've heard (haven't had it happen myself), if you have ESO+, and one of the reoccurring charges gets refused (e.g., your CC company needed to change your number due to some unrelated issues and you didn't update your ESO account), you get banned. Not ESO+ not renewed - banned. Pretty broken, if you ask me.
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭

Not random? ;)

Now that they answered, yea it wasn't random
    This doesn't mean it was indeed random before :)
    Also it's not sure it got hacked, just my supposition, they didn't give an actual confirmation on it

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • ElsaBiodinamica
    smacx250 wrote: »
    From what I've heard (haven't had it happen myself), if you have ESO+, and one of the reoccurring charges gets refused (e.g., your CC company needed to change your number due to some unrelated issues and you didn't update your ESO account), you get banned. Not ESO+ not renewed - banned. Pretty broken, if you ask me.

Whatever the case may be, i'll continue waiting on the answer, i really am missing out on stuff plus hanging out with my friends in ESO...
  • ElsaBiodinamica

could be, it took awhile but hang in there, i have found once they email you the respond quickly after that

I was right, it was indeed connected to the Chargebacks i had on Steam, should have known...and now it gave me more reason never to trust my account to anyone ever again...not even family.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How does ZOS “randomly suspend” accounts anyway (per the thread title)?

Do they download a list of 20 players and roll a 20-sided die??

Pretty easy if someone is doing some sort of direct ad hoc update to database to suspend people based on a criteria. It is easy for them to have a typo that suspends a lot people it shouldn't. Though you are correct that, strictly speaking, it isn't actually "random."
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @ElsaBiodinamica

I've sent you a private message regarding your support ticket.

Is there any way I can have some informations on my suspension too?

I'm not quite certain with what they meant when they mention tickets to have escalated. Don't know if it means they'll look into it, or that the number of tickets i sent made it worse (I've sent 4 in total).

Escalated means they the customer service people handling tickets can't handle the problem. They have sent it to people who can investigate. It is good to hear the word 'escalated' as it means something is getting attention. Unfortunately, there is no way to know whether the people investigating it are considering it urgent or a priority.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on November 9, 2019 8:46PM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was right, it was indeed connected to the Chargebacks i had on Steam, should have known...and now it gave me more reason never to trust my account to anyone ever again...not even family.

glad your getting it sorted :) make sure to reply to their emails and get onto the bank to send them what they request
  • ElsaBiodinamica

glad your getting it sorted :) make sure to reply to their emails and get onto the bank to send them what they request

Thats the issue, i don't have a bank account, so i'm hoping Support can help me out on an alternative, i wont share the details here, but all i can say is that i was framed...
  • ElsaBiodinamica
    @UnknownNick and @Alienoutlaw the nightmare is finally going to end, Support just contacted me and once they see my response from their mail, i shall have the chance to recoperate my account safe and sound!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT AND BELIEVE! And thank YOU @ZOS_BillE for helping me in this.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @UnknownNick and @Alienoutlaw the nightmare is finally going to end, Support just contacted me and once they see my response from their mail, i shall have the chance to recoperate my account safe and sound!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT AND BELIEVE! And thank YOU @ZOS_BillE for helping me in this.

awesome news :) hopefully not to long for you
    i'm just waiting for an email response myself
  • UnknownNick
    UnknownNick
    ✭✭

That's a great news man!! ^^

Characters:
    Arizona Iced Tears
    H P Lovecrafts Cat Name
    Necrophilic
    Tell'em Im Dead Homie
  • Menalak
    Menalak
    Soul Shriven

meanwhile im still floundering. HELP ME DEAR GOD. TICKET #191113-001474
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Menalak wrote: »

meanwhile im still floundering. HELP ME DEAR GOD. TICKET #191113-001474

hang in there :)
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    @Menalak

Please check your inbox, have sent you a private message regarding your ticket.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hopfully my account suspension will be lifted within next 24hrs just waiting for ZOS to confirm :)
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wouldnt the "volume" be lower if you didnt suspend accounts that arent in use?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    Wouldnt the "volume" be lower if you didnt suspend accounts that arent in use?

off topic.
    i'm sure if you look you can find a server bash thread, and just to correct you volume would be lower if they DID suspend inactive accounts, not as you put as that would be a status quo and achieve nothing not unlike a server bashing comment :)