The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Uppercut

• kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    So... what was the point of changing Uppercut? I loved its knockback effect. It felt powerful, which was VERY appropriate for some of my characters (my Nord berzerker, in particular). Now... it sets the foe off balance, so I have to Heavy Attack him to stun him for... a fraction of a second? The morph now has no use at all... and the other morph never did have any use, so what exactly is the point of this now?

Ruined it, they have, and I can't fathom why.

My friend is also depressed about the change but we completely slaughtered kids last night.

Uppercut still 2 shots + execute most people not playing in a ball group.

So imagine how stupidly powerful it was before? It had a knock back effect, holy crap!!! It was stacked, simple. They did the same job on clench. It would deal direct damage and knock back... Add master's staff and you got a strong spammable that CC's. It makes no sense for your spammable to stun, too easy to melt people.

Long range with a stun is not the same as forced up close and personal
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I just hate the animation of uppercut. Who would swing a weapon upwards against gravity? as a spam too, it's just dumb. and now that it doesn't knock the target up anymore it really doesn't make any sense.

But to be fair I think a lot of the spammables in this game look dumb, like power bash. you can already shield bash, why is there a shield bash spammable too? anyways, soory for getting off topic.

Well if you're having that sort of problems against gravity you really shouldn't swing a weapon in the first place :trollface:

To be fair, it's not a realistic way to use a weapon, especially a heavy 2 handed one.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.