Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Wraithhome Tip - Buy furnished if you want exclusive Imperial Throne!

Sporvan
Sporvan
✭✭✭✭✭
I was pleasantly surprised that Wraithome comes with 3 Imperial Thrones of the Bay - something which I've been wanting for a very long time and is nowhere to be found in the crown store. This seems to be the only source in game for it...

Ideally I'd like to be able to buy this without getting the home but I kinda like Wraithhome (all alignment issues aside) so it was a snap decision. Just a tip if you're also looking for the throne.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another piece of Imperial furniture locked behind an insane paywall? How disappointing.

We Imperial fans will always get the short end of the furnishing stick, it seems.

Still, glad to hear you like the home! :smile:
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Although it doesn't really give me enough incentive to spend 14,000 crowns (which is €85 for me)
    Especially when the Imperial Throne is very similar to the Breton Throne
    Imperial:
    kvxwosnj2c1y.jpg

Breton:
    4b2egj69d9wl.jpg
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another piece of Imperial furniture locked behind an insane paywall? How disappointing.

We Imperial fans will always get the short end of the furnishing stick, it seems.

Aye Imperials are the red headed stepchild of ESO when it comes to furnishings. I still boggle at the decision not to let us have furniture patterns. They could encourage Imperial City farming if the patterns dropped there and increase the population overall. It's an obvious decision.

Well hopefully in a future Cyrodiil DLC we'll get an entire new set of furnishings like Elsweyr and Summerset did for their respective races...
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Although it doesn't really give me enough incentive to spend 14,000 crowns (which is €85 for me)

That's the unfurnished price. Furnished is 17,500 crowns I believe.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »

That's the unfurnished price. Furnished is 17,500 crowns I believe.

17,500!!!
    xk3wk777wtfe.gif

Edited by Zypheran on October 17, 2019 5:13PM
  • ACaptiveMind
    ACaptiveMind
    ✭✭
    What if I don't want the throne? I've heard as a rule of thumb that buying furnished is usually worth it because the items are discounted, but I'm not too interested in them this time. I really like this house but I'm unsure which to purchase.
    Edited by ACaptiveMind on October 17, 2019 5:42PM
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hold your money for Fredas Friday!!
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    hmm.....Imperial furnishings may be nice themselves.
    But my first comment about Wraithome furnished was that to me they dont fit.
    I really did not like Imperial style furnishings for/in Wraithome.
    :/
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if I don't want the throne? I've heard as a rule of thumb that buying furnished is usually worth it because the items are discounted, but I'm not too interested in them this time. I really like this house but I'm unsure which to purchase.

The one time I bought a notable house with crowns I got it unfinished because it was cheaper and I wanted to decorate it myself. I’d rather grind out gold and purchase furnishing recipes and craft them.

You can preview both furnished and unfurnished to help you decide.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ACaptiveMind
    ACaptiveMind
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1 So besides the thrones, what do you think of the furnishings in Wraithhome? ^_^
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    omg Wraithhome is beyond a joke. The furnishings, if you buy it furnished, are mostly random pieces of Breton furniture you can craft yourself.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial furnishings are horrible looking and wraithom is an just tow old dungeons pasted together. The textures are horrible.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'm loving Wraithhome - the ambience inside of it is incredible and reminds me of the anime movie Vampire Hunter D. It's the best vampire home we've had yet. Top notch and well worth the price tag.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial furnishing don't even match the style of that house :(
    And I'm not a fan of unique furnishing being locked behind huge purchases.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Jawshoeuh
    Jawshoeuh
    ✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Personally I'm loving Wraithhome - the ambience inside of it is incredible and reminds me of the anime movie Vampire Hunter D. It's the best vampire home we've had yet. Top notch and well worth the price tag.

It is 100% NOT worth that price tag... It's really sad you don't see that..
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jawshoeuh wrote: »
    It is 100% NOT worth that price tag... It's really sad you don't see that..

I'm touched by your sadness.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Especially when the Imperial Throne is very similar to the Breton Throne
    Imperial:
    kvxwosnj2c1y.jpg

Breton:
    4b2egj69d9wl.jpg

I believe most of the imperial furniture is just a recolor of Bretton.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of spending dumb amounts of money on houses in game, I decided to get a $110.00 lamp for my entertainment console. KYNt1eD.jpg
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    Instead of spending dumb amounts of money on houses in game, I decided to get a $110.00 lamp for my entertainment console. KYNt1eD.jpg

Wow that's so much more awesome than being a ZoS lapdog by buying their stupid Wraithhome house.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

Wow that's so much more awesome than being a ZoS lapdog by buying their stupid Wraithhome house.

Ya, I dig it. A man who has been working with his hands for most of his life made it. Made in El Paso, TX.
    It is HEAVY, all metal welded. I mean it could be used as a weapon.

The craftsmanship and attention to detail is amazing, its less than many pixel houses and when eso is long gone, I will still be smiling with my sweet lamp :D
    Edited by Raideen on October 19, 2019 3:56AM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that lamp is nuts! :D

Reminds me of this sphere made of bicycle sprockets in my area:

gear%20sphere-IMG_0600.jpg
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1 So besides the thrones, what do you think of the furnishings in Wraithhome? ^_^

I keep forgetting to preview the new house everytime I log in! Of course since I’m on console it’s only been available a few days anyway.

It’s not my style of house but I like to see them all.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aye Imperials are the red headed stepchild of ESO when it comes to furnishings. I still boggle at the decision not to let us have furniture patterns. They could encourage Imperial City farming if the patterns dropped there and increase the population overall. It's an obvious decision.

Well hopefully in a future Cyrodiil DLC we'll get an entire new set of furnishings like Elsweyr and Summerset did for their respective races...

I hope so. I sometimes wonder if someone at ZoS has a dislike for Imperials. Most things they get seem ugly compared to other races. Who decided Imperials were only worth recoloured Breton furniture?

Anyway, one can hope for new Imperials furnishings and motifs in the future.

A recoloured Breton throne...I mean an Imperial throne wouldn't be enough for me to buy a house.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »

I hope so. I sometimes wonder if someone at ZoS has a dislike for Imperials. Most things they get seem ugly compared to other races. Who decided Imperials were only worth recoloured Breton furniture?

A recoloured Breton throne...I mean an Imperial throne wouldn't be enough for me to buy a house.

I don’t know if that’s worse than Nords. Their furnishings are different, yes, but in my opinion quite ugly and shoddy looking. Orc furnishings you may not care for but they look intentionally sturdy and utilitarian whereas the Nord furnishings look like they just weren’t capable of better craftsmanship. Add to that 99% of Nord NPCs are comically or aggravatingly stupid.

But I do agree it seems strange for Imperial furnishings to be SO similar to Breton. I would have thought a more Romanesque style for Imperials would be more fitting.
  • ttraveler
    ttraveler
    ✭✭
    I too am disappointed that the Imperial Throne of the Bay does not show in the Crown Store for sale.

Wraithome needs more Imperial Thrones of the Bay in it than just the ones provided. It's a big place. Actually the place should have been decorated either Daedric or with a newly created style.

And those houses that are REAL Imperial houses could have used an Imperial Throne of the Bay.

Very disappointing.

:/
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

I don’t know if that’s worse than Nords. Their furnishings are different, yes, but in my opinion quite ugly and shoddy looking. Orc furnishings you may not care for but they look intentionally sturdy and utilitarian whereas the Nord furnishings look like they just weren’t capable of better craftsmanship. Add to that 99% of Nord NPCs are comically or aggravatingly stupid.

But I do agree it seems strange for Imperial furnishings to be SO similar to Breton. I would have thought a more Romanesque style for Imperials would be more fitting.

At least the Orcs and Nords have unique furnishings. What bothers me about the Imperial is that furnishings are literally recoloured Breton with a different pattern. I feel like I'm the only person it bothers. I'd expect Imperials to have, as you say, a more romanesque design which tends to be more intricate/detailed. Hopefully in the future.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

At least the Orcs and Nords have unique furnishings. What bothers me about the Imperial is that furnishings are literally recoloured Breton with a different pattern. I feel like I'm the only person it bothers. I'd expect Imperials to have, as you say, a more romanesque design which tends to be more intricate/detailed. Hopefully in the future.

I agree with you. The Imperial furniture reeks of laziness in regards to asset creation and it does not really feel imperial. In fact Imperials in the entirety of ESO feel like they are on the back burner.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

OK, so I finally remembered to check out this house in game. I forgot to look at the furnished version though, lol! I’ll have to go back and see.

Either the devs fixed most of the alignment issues or I am really unobservant. I really think the house is cool, and I’m not into skulls and bones and torture stuff. The detail in the tile on the floor is impressive. It looks like there are gems imbedded in there. I don’t understand why there are portals to the balconies, though. There isn’t much room on them - why are they there? Why couldn’t they be larger and more useful?

I could do something with this house I think in an unfinished version, but if it’s a crowns-only house I won’t get it.

EDIT: I think the Imperial furnishings are okay, but there really aren’t that many of them. The whole area still looks sparse.The long table is impressive but the thrones are just used as regular chairs. There should be one up on the dais in front of the stained glass window. I’m not sure what style would look better if you don’t like these, except for all Daedric, but then everything would look the same, furnishings and walls/floors.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on October 22, 2019 5:56PM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA