The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I wish plars were never the fotm

TheNightflame
TheNightflame
✭✭✭✭✭
my gosh if we lose sweeps because of this...
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars have lost so much of class identity allready.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly, I'd say we've been the least changed class, but most victim to other game changes that don't compliment our skillset. outside of flat out skill changes, and blazing shield being a worthless morph (radiant does more damage and on demand on almost any build that can sustain sun shield).
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why they should nerf sweeps. Amongst the (mag)plar toolkit, it's one of the few skills that's isn't uber strong.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted post has been removed.]

Firstly, take a chill pill dude. Secondly, my class is nb, get your facts straight. Thirdly, magplar is strong af because of ritual, the bubble, bol/htd, it's rune and purifying light. Jabs is a channeled spammable tied to great passives that anyhow leaves the templar vulnerable vulnerable when attacking, it doesn't always hit, and it's extremely easy to counter if you have half a working brain. If something has to be nerfed in the templar kit, I'd definitely look at its many defensive options, not at its only spammable
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 17, 2019 7:29PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quoted post has been removed.]

Firstly, take a chill pill dude. Secondly, my class is nb, get your facts straight. Thirdly, magplar is strong af because of ritual, the bubble, bol/htd, it's rune and purifying light. Jabs is a channeled spammable tied to great passives that anyhow leaves the templar vulnerable vulnerable when attacking, it doesn't always hit, and it's extremely easy to counter if you have half a working brain. If something has to be nerfed in the templar kit, I'd definitely look at its many defensive options, not at its only spammable

I'm just sick of all the Templars in this forums lying about their skills and about how good they are jab sweeps both of them are overloaded due to passives if that can't be seen and brought out to the light and the real truth of the matter be told nothing will ever change as far as you playing Nightblade good-for-you bub go to the Nightblade threads and worry about concentrating on them not being nerfed to the ground anymore Ive main Nightblade since the beginning of this game and all I ever see is everybody lying about the class in order to destroy it it's really sad but yet they can't even be honest about their own class
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on October 17, 2019 7:30PM
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my gosh if we lose sweeps because of this...

No I agree
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just sick of all the Templars in this forums lying about their skills and about how good they are jab sweeps both of them are overloaded due to passives if that can't be seen and brought out to the light and the real truth of the matter be told nothing will ever change as far as you playing Nightblade good-for-you bub go to the Nightblade threads and worry about concentrating on them not being nerfed to the ground anymore I've main Nightblade since the beginning of this game and all I ever see is everybody lying about the class in order to destroy it it's really sad but yet they can't even be honest about their own class

The reason that jabs feels overloaded is because its annoying to play against without adapting your game play. The reason nightblade gets a lot of heat is because it has invis on demand which makes you invisible, cancels out dots and guarantees a crit on the next strike on you. While you can counter with invis revealing abilities many times they get away or spam it so its also annoying to play against. As well as high burst damage NB fares well at higher level game play while jabs pretty much only works on players with lower tier skill and no real knowledge of how to use everything at your fingertips to counter no-brainer strategies. Jabs, just like Shadowy disguise is a class defining skill and are equally strong when used correctly, however jabs is a strong counter to cloak so you maining nightblade would obviously not like this skill. So this is a case of badly matched classes and templar being meta at the moment so they are everywhere. I'm not surprised to see a NB main spamming the forums for jabs nerfs honestly. But hey NB gets the strongest aoe in the game next patch so you cant say you get all the nerfs..
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm just sick of all the Templars in this forums lying about their skills and about how good they are jab sweeps both of them are overloaded due to passives if that can't be seen and brought out to the light and the real truth of the matter be told nothing will ever change as far as you playing Nightblade good-for-you bub go to the Nightblade threads and worry about concentrating on them not being nerfed to the ground anymore I've main Nightblade since the beginning of this game and all I ever see is everybody lying about the class in order to destroy it it's really sad but yet they can't even be honest about their own class

The reason that jabs feels overloaded is because its annoying to play against without adapting your game play. The reason nightblade gets a lot of heat is because it has invis on demand which makes you invisible, cancels out dots and guarantees a crit on the next strike on you. While you can counter with invis revealing abilities many times they get away or spam it so its also annoying to play against. As well as high burst damage NB fares well at higher level game play while jabs pretty much only works on players with lower tier skill and no real knowledge of how to use everything at your fingertips to counter no-brainer strategies. Jabs, just like Shadowy disguise is a class defining skill and are equally strong when used correctly, however jabs is a strong counter to cloak so you maining nightblade would obviously not like this skill. So this is a case of badly matched classes and templar being meta at the moment so they are everywhere. I'm not surprised to see a NB main spamming the forums for jabs nerfs honestly. But hey NB gets the strongest aoe in the game next patch so you cant say you get all the nerfs..

To be honest I don't have an issue with the skill itself I have a issue with the fact that it's so overloaded and every other skill that has been that overloaded has been changed and in regards to countering the skill its easy when it's just 1V1 but usually I get jumped by five of you guys all spamming the same skill
    As far as you saying Jabs is your guys's identity I think you're really far off there but yes you are correct in the fact that cloak is a nightblades identity hence the name
    And in regards to cloak given Critical Strike have you not been reading the forums where it's not doing so and you say that you're a Nightblade so you should know that I guess you're showing your true self
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 17, 2019 8:03PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qylyls6vsfmy.jpg
    lfye5gg3llu5.jpg
    ffxyimosznms.jpg
    Theres your underperforming skill proc 😆 😆 😆
    As well as my build in regards to resistance
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qylyls6vsfmy.jpg
    lfye5gg3llu5.jpg
    ffxyimosznms.jpg

burning light is a passive
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qylyls6vsfmy.jpg
    lfye5gg3llu5.jpg
    ffxyimosznms.jpg

burning light is a passive

Yeah that proc's off an skill that you guys spam reason i state its to overloaded
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also neglected to mention the part where you were getting Xv1ed and likely had 2h ult applied on character amongst many many other debuffs you didn’t bother to screenshot.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Not if it's someone demanding a sorc nerf

I find that any player who asks for a Nerf to another class to try to understand their own class has no concept of a game to begin with and should just delete it because the way you would go about it is ask for your class to be buffed in a measure that helps you counter whatever you find the other class has that you cannot seem to get around

Taken from the "Should nerf seekers be banned" thread you started

I'm just sick of all the Templars in this forums lying about their skills and about how good they are jab sweeps both of them are overloaded due to passives if that can't be seen and brought out to the light and the real truth of the matter be told nothing will ever change as far as you playing Nightblade good-for-you bub go to the Nightblade threads and worry about concentrating on them not being nerfed to the ground anymore Ive main Nightblade since the beginning of this game and all I ever see is everybody lying about the class in order to destroy it it's really sad but yet they can't even be honest about their own class

If that isn't a biased standpoint towards a single class I don't know what is.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find that any player who asks for a Nerf to another class to try to understand their own class has no concept of a game to begin with and should just delete it because the way you would go about it is ask for your class to be buffed in a measure that helps you counter whatever you find the other class has that you cannot seem to get around

If you go into the Templar thread and read it you see all the bulshit lies that's in it and in regards to a bias opinion I don't have one if I was biased to a class I wouldn't have every class of every spect made
    And as I stated anyone who asks in their thread not people who State reasoning for and I tried to get the nightblades not to be destroyed but due to all the lying on the class by other classes it has been so yes I do find it fair for all classes that have overloaded skills for them to take the same effect that us night blades have felt in this balanced FaZe
    And if you look and see I never said I could not counter it as I can it's the overloaded passives to the ability that I've spoken about
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 17, 2019 10:36PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Austinseph1
    You could take bits and pieces of what I've said throughout the time of be being on this thread and post them together and try to make me look bad but if you go into the full thread and read what's said and what its in regards to then you look dumb for cutting people stuff up to make a point
    As my thread on the Nerf Seekers was in regards to people making up lies about something to get it tore it apart
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 17, 2019 10:44PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also neglected to mention the part where you were getting Xv1ed and likely had 2h ult applied on character amongst many many other debuffs you didn’t bother to screenshot.

But even considering all of that it still shows that being the fact that it was the hardest-hitting skill on my recap to be honest the rest were like two to one k hits it being 4K as an passive proc that hits harder than skills you tell me that's not imbalanced
    And on a side note today while I'm in PvP I will be screenshotting all deaths from Templars then we won't have no discussion in regards to what I was hit with
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 17, 2019 11:32PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO forums class advocacy rankings:

1. Forumplars
    2. Sorc Super PAC
    3. Make DK Great Again Inc ™
    4. Nerf Nightblades
    5. Warden Walls of Text

Necros are too new.
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly, I'd say we've been the least changed class, but most victim to other game changes that don't compliment our skillset. outside of flat out skill changes, and blazing shield being a worthless morph (radiant does more damage and on demand on almost any build that can sustain sun shield).

Clearly you must be new to this game given the masssssive changes Templars have gone through patches prior.

Blinding flashes
    Sun Shield
    BOF
    Constant changes to Eclipse
    Constant changes to Radiant Glory
    Complete over hauls of Restoring Auroa.

Actually, I think Javelin is probably the only active skill that somewhat resembles the same skill from launch.....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do say "outside of flat out skill changes" which is me alluding to blinding flashes
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you go into the Templar thread and read it you see all the bulshit lies that's in it and in regards to a bias opinion I don't have one if I was biased to a class I wouldn't have every class of every spect made
    And as I stated anyone who asks in their thread not people who State reasoning for and I tried to get the nightblades not to be destroyed but due to all the lying on the class by other classes it has been so yes I do find it fair for all classes that have overloaded skills for them to take the same effect that us night blades have felt in this balanced FaZe
    And if you look and see I never said I could not counter it as I can it's the overloaded passives to the ability that I've spoken about

Bro, you really need to take some english classes. It literally hurts my head reading your grammar-less long winded responces.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirDopey wrote: »

Bro, you really need to take some english classes. It literally hurts my head reading your grammar-less long winded responces.

I can write everything in German for you
    Because as I've stated many of times English is not my first language so I use a voice to text translator in order to type here
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 17, 2019 11:55PM
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭

Haha you got him, he needs to delete the game otherwise he's a hypocrite
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muzzick wrote: »

Haha you got him, he needs to delete the game otherwise he's a hypocrite

No you might want to go look at the thread yourself and see where he cut it out of it was in regards to people lying in order to say that something wasn't right so once again he could cut up threads from the whole time I've been on the forums to make me look bad I don't care but he's showing half the story and not the full thing!!!!!!!! And I also asked you this question where have I ever said that it needed nurffed I've just simply said that it's overloaded as an skill proc that doesn't fit into balance with the rest of the classes thats been changed due to their class skills being overloaded
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 18, 2019 12:07AM
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's such a pain for some if others have nice things...
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrbanMonk wrote: »
    It's such a pain for some if others have nice things...

I agree we need to stop with nerf threads because game come to this sad state because of them. But on the other hand, NordicKnight is right about certain hypocrisy incoming from MAGplars and MAGsorcs this year. Both classes are properly handled by ZOS, changes are well thought-out and even if something is nerfed, alternative is provided. On Live magplar is best overall class in versatility and ability to perform different things and magsorc is best or one of the best in PVP in majority of recent patches. Nevertheless, ton of people claims magplar is dead, sorc is dead, I am deleting the game... lol.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stop asking for nerfs, ***
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, not only will this probably lead to the class being gutted by nerfs, I'm also being ridiculed for playing my main class, that's been my main class since before they even became great. I'd honestly rather they had never been this good!

Hopefully with the Meta shifting away from dots I can go back to PvPing on my Magplar in peace.

PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why they should nerf sweeps. Amongst the (mag)plar toolkit, it's one of the few skills that's isn't uber strong.

Because people who have little skill or knowledge complain, and for no other reason.
    I agree, not only will this probably lead to the class being gutted by nerfs, I'm also being ridiculed for playing my main class, that's been my main class since before they even became great. I'd honestly rather they had never been this good!

Hopefully with the Meta shifting away from dots I can go back to PvPing on my Magplar in peace.

Don’t listen to those people. They probably got rekt by Magplar before this patch and they’ll probably still get rekt next patch.
    Edited by Vapirko on October 18, 2019 10:02AM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I am playing magblade and I do pretty well considering it's far from being top PvP spec, and I'm pretty happy because of this. Why? There is no flood of magblades everywhere ruining class opinion, people have harder time to find reasons to rage whisp me like "you are playing fotm class you scrub, everyone can be good when playing magplar" etc.

We should see how's next patch, but I think that magplars should stay where they are meaning viable. Let's not gut this class just because they are strong and fun to play. I'd rather prefer to bring other classes to their level so everyone can have fun using awesome skills!
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    We should see how's next patch, but I think that magplars should stay where they are meaning viable. Let's not gut this class just because they are strong and fun to play. I'd rather prefer to bring other classes to their level so everyone can have fun using awesome skills!

Definitely agree. Right now Templar is in a nice spot where it's skills work together in ways that allow for a few different builds for different roles, and help support a sturdy class identity. I think there are still a few small healthy changes that could be made to make the class better, but overall it's in a good spot. If ZOS is smart, they'll use Templars right now as an example of where the classes should be performing, and bring the others up to its level. As you said, I'd rather have the classes be fun to play with an arsenal of awesome skills than gutted classes whose identity is color.