The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PLAYERS WHO HAVE NO MONEY ON ESO + <PROPOSAL>

Simon_PL
Simon_PL
Give every month one day free ESO+ so that at least players who can't afford the fees can free up space in the sack and give craft items to the craft bag.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simon_PL wrote: »
    Give every month one day free ESO+ so that at least players who can't afford the fees can free up space in the sack and give craft items to the craft bag.

they already have occasional ESO+ free times to do this. Don't be greedy
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a reason Zos locks the crafting back behind ESO+ and I am pretty sure they are not interested in defeating that purpose to the degree you are suggesting.

It comes down to, if you want the bag pay for the sub.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...wait, what?
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm...as an add-on to this proposal perhaps ZoS could start paying me for my time spent online in this game :p
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crafting bag is the only reason to get eso+ :)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason you want this is the exact reason why they won't do it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I use the periodic free ESO+ trials to restock my crafting bag with tons of mats for writs, run for gear in any of the DLC dungeons I don't own, decorate my houses, and dye my costumes. For the rest of the year, I've got full bank storage, mules, and all the housing storage containers.

I really doubt ZOS is interested in subsidizing me mooching off their free ESO+ trial more often than they already do, and I don't expect them to.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be more for return to mandatory subscription (with fixes to performance and balance) and ZOS working on keeping existing players in-game, instead of current crown store based model with clear purpose to lure in more newbies who will buy more in CS then veterans.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not about money. It is about personal preferences. Subscription models are not appealing to me at all. Even if ESO+ would be 1 dollar per year I would not use it.

I prefer to pay upfront for stuff I want. It is really depressing to see that ZOS is basically trying to make ESO+ a necessity, rather than something that should be totally optional.
    Look no further than inventory & bank management, which is impossible if you dont have alts purely for "storage" and if you actually play more than one character - a literal nightmare...
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally am satisfied with the free ESO Plus Trial and don't need more. I use Storage Chests to store Stacks of Materials(Plants, Ore..) and else my Bank and Characters are enough - in the worst case.

When the Trial is there, I try to fully use it by coloring new Costumes, storing my Materials from the Chests and Surveys etc.😄
  • Daleth
    Daleth
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could allow you to buy craft bag access for crowns, that way you could buy the crowns from other players each month. I mean it's a win-win for zos right? My only reason I can think they wouldn't do it is because they think that most of the crowns for the craft bag will come from eso+ users, but even then, if the crowns are going to be sold, they are going to be sold.
  • Daleth
    Daleth
    ✭✭✭
    Daleth wrote: »
    Maybe they could allow you to buy craft bag access for crowns, that way you could buy the crowns from other players each month. I mean it's a win-win for zos right? My only reason I can think they wouldn't do it is because they think that most of the crowns for the craft bag will come from eso+ users, but even then, if the crowns are going to be sold, they are going to be sold.

I mean I have subscribed to ESO+ every month that I play, I am fully aware of how impossible it would be to handle this game without it.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine not being able to afford $13 a month for a game I play regularly. Even if you only play a few hours a month, it's still the cheapest entertainment money can buy.

ESO+ perks are worth it, too.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The only way I could see the crafting bag being bought with crowns is if you had to re-up it every week or month. It might costX amount of crowns to buy, and then Y amount of crowns to re-up it. Or else, it should cost like 20k crowns. Some people have been subscribing, specifically for the craft bag only, for years. Granted, you get additional bonuses with ESO+, but lets not be naive and think that the main reason for ESO+ isn't the craft bag.
  • Daleth
    Daleth
    ✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    The perks make it worth it on their own, the rebate in crowns is just literal free icing on the cake.
  • Daleth
    Daleth
    ✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

The only way I could see the crafting bag being bought with crowns is if you had to re-up it every week or month. It might costX amount of crowns to buy, and then Y amount of crowns to re-up it. Or else, it should cost like 20k crowns. Some people have been subscribing, specifically for the craft bag only, for years. Granted, you get additional bonuses with ESO+, but lets not be naive and think that the main reason for ESO+ isn't the craft bag.

oh yeah nono that's what I meant, it'd last 30 days. Otherwise it would render half of the reason eso+ rocks useless.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

oh yeah nono that's what I meant, it'd last 30 days. Otherwise it would render half of the reason eso+ rocks useless.

Yeah, I could potentially see this as an idea. But it would take some real analytics to determine how much it should cost. The last thing ZoS would want is to lose ESO+ subscribers, who might have a load of crowns saved up, because they are now only buying the craft bag.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    The perks make it worth it on their own, the rebate in crowns is just literal free icing on the cake.

I cannot imagine playing this game without the craft bag.

The state of crafting at launch while using my bags/bank has been forced into a repressed memories part of my brain.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dropped plus on PS4 in March and since then there have been 2 eso plus free trials. So be patient.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just sub for the craft bag.

If you play every day $13/30= 43 cents per day. Is it that expensive?

Your other option is to wait for the free trial period.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think ZOS should sell shorter terms of ESO plus. You could charge $2 (or whatever the local equivalent would be) for a day with no automatic renewal.

3 days for $5, no auto renewal.

A week could be $7.50 with no auto renewal.

Then people could decide how long they need the sub.

Edited prices and added third option.
    Edited by EvilAutoTech on October 17, 2019 4:37PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s the ESO billionaire class exploiting the low income majority of the population. They can buy whatever they want, while the rest of the population can’t afford basic healthcare (potions), food (especially gold food), and education (riding lessons).
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is with everyone today wanting free stuff

They do have free ESO+ times every so often, if you want more pay for it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the day I truly abandon real life and never play another game is the day zos makes the craft bag a one time purchase. I know its the only thing between their huge profits and destitution, but god what I wouldn't give for it.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why people claim that it is almost necessary to play the game proper (mainly crafting) without ESO+, I for one do not have it, and have only done one of their free trials (sorting my stuff afterwards was a nightmare) and I sill have plenty of room for all my mats and all the other dumb things I keep in my inventory. Seriously, what do you guys hang on to that you need so much room?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent over 2/3 of what ESO+ costs on lunch yesterday.

You want the bag, pay for the bag. Servers don't run themselves for free.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I spent over 2/3 of what ESO+ costs on lunch yesterday.

You want the bag, pay for the bag. Servers don't run themselves for free.

I mean we could probably look through OP's room and count exactly how much everything inside it cost retail. Then figure out how many of those things he could have forgone purchasing, to instead purchase something else, such as ESO+. But people don't want to look at life like that, they want to buy their cake, eat it, but then still have their cake after they ate it, and complain when they don't have their cake anymore but other people still have theirs.
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    @OP - No. If you are playing the game enough to want the bag, then support the game and pay for it.

Personally, I see the ESO+ sub as my way of supporting the game that I am currently playing, and keeping it running. I started MMO's when you had to sub in order to play. I dont see it as a big deal to have to sub to a game. But I normally only sub to one game at a time. Not multiple games.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is not about money. It is about personal preferences. Subscription models are not appealing to me at all. Even if ESO+ would be 1 dollar per year I would not use it.

I prefer to pay upfront for stuff I want. It is really depressing to see that ZOS is basically trying to make ESO+ a necessity, rather than something that should be totally optional.
    Look no further than inventory & bank management, which is impossible if you dont have alts purely for "storage" and if you actually play more than one character - a literal nightmare...

ESO+ has had the craft bag included for a very long time, and also remember that ESO used to be subscription only. From that perspective, the craft bag is something that was intended to add value for people who continued to subscribe.

By saying that you think ESO+ should be completely optional, and that you dislike subscriptions, you seem to be saying that ZOS as a company should cater their business model to your preferences. That is an unreasonable expectation.

Subscription models are here to stay, and while I don't always like them either, the point of them is to help companies have some consistent revenue since their expenses are also ongoing. Microsoft, Adobe, Netflix, Hulu, Google, Dropbox, etc. all have subscription models not to mention other MMOs that work like this. In fact, ESO is actually very much like Google where you get a certain amount of storage for free and if you need more you must subscribe.

I can understand arguments that feel the craft bag should be base game at this point, but to argue that subscription shouldn't exist is almost like arguing with the universe that winter is too cold and should be phased out in temperate climates. It is just a thing now, and taking that particular stance doesn't really accomplish much.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they could introduce ESO+ tokens (like WoW does), but I really doubt that they would give craft bag for free.
    But the problem with selling crown stuff for gold is that there's not much to spend gold on, so I don't think it would be very succesful.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU