The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I found how to make magsorcs great again. Build is in!

• talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    I an exciting to set note
    talfx5 wrote: »
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Sorc without Curse or Stun. Not so much of a glass cannon build, more like a glass piñata.

idk what that means. anyway its fine. slot rune cage if you want. about curse you can slot it too, i honestly dont think you need it, casting and 3 seconds it is too much to wait, getting another 4k mag from bound armaments worth it way more.

Who casts Curse and waits????

Curse is your only undodgeable, unblockable damage. That and Streak, which is also your hard CC to make Meteor land. Without them you have no pressure against dodge and vanish Stamblades, or S&B block builds, or anything that mitigates projectiles hard like Wardens or MagDKs. That a helluva lot of builds that literally couldn’t give a single feck that your Frags tooltip is a couple K more than the next dude.

I mean if your target is to be sniping kills from max range and running the second anyone competent turns on you, then I’d imagine this build works fine. But personally I wouldn’t even step out of the Bank without Curse and Streak on my bar, never mind go into PvP without them.
    What do you mean who cast curse and wait? its another skill you have to cast, the more skills you have to more time youre wasting in pvp.

If you slot it you would have to rely on it to go off at the same time to kill someone. i rather have my burst all happen on demand. 3 seconds is too much.
    Obviously i played curse forever, that is the first time im taking it off. worth it. everyone purges it now anyway. i have so many reasons why not to slot it.
    I have BoL, ofcourse i wouldnt go without that wtf, that the only reason i play sorc.
    Slot curse do whaterver, that setup works so good, curse is a waste of space and time. casting frags+with EW+fury in 1 time is the hardest hitting combo for sorc. its sounds odd, all i did for a year was to slot atleast 4 skills with curse, curse was something i never took off.
    Try play without it. you will see.
    BTW also the point of that is that they dont see the damage coming, with curse it will take you way longer and they will get more defensive. here you streak away and after 1 second they die without them seeing anything.
    As for the more tanky ones, they wont stand it for long trust me. But yes if im getting agitated by these tanks i slot rune cage, goes through block, after 2-4 rune cage casts that tank player is out of stam. im my experience.
    I didnt start playing sorc from yesterday. I never stopped playing a sorc only in dues or solo pvp, that for over a year, I didnt just dropped a build without thought and testing. and I have everything obviously, had plenty to test with trust me. give it a shot.

Why would you not add curse to your combo? Then it would actually be the hardest hiting....

You realize your whole attack is projectile based that are blockable right? Ez counters.

Ofcourse. but again, people dont see it coming, then wont block forever, you got your BoL to stun they over do block. i find it to be fine in that regard. slotting curse would drop my other attacks strength by a lot, and that would make me a slower caster and a easier target to hit as a result.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc without Curse or Stun. Not so much of a glass cannon build, more like a glass piñata.

idk what that means. anyway its fine. slot rune cage if you want. about curse you can slot it too, i honestly dont think you need it, casting and 3 seconds it is too much to wait, getting another 4k mag from bound armaments worth it way more.

Curse is your only undodgeable, unblockable damage. That and Streak, which is also your hard CC to make Meteor land. Without them you have no pressure against dodge and vanish Stamblades, or S&B block builds, or anything that mitigates projectiles hard like Wardens or MagDKs. That a helluva lot of builds that literally couldn’t give a single feck that your Frags tooltip is a couple K more than the next dude.

I mean if your target is to be sniping kills from max range and running the second anyone competent turns on you, then I’d imagine this build works fine. But personally I wouldn’t even step out of the Bank without Curse and Streak on my bar, never mind go into PvP without them.
    What do you mean who cast curse and wait? its another skill you have to cast, the more skills you have to more time youre wasting in pvp.

If you slot it you would have to rely on it to go off at the same time to kill someone. i rather have my burst all happen on demand. 3 seconds is too much.
    Obviously i played curse forever, that is the first time im taking it off. worth it. everyone purges it now anyway. i have so many reasons why not to slot it.
    I have BoL, ofcourse i wouldnt go without that wtf, that the only reason i play sorc.
    Slot curse do whaterver, that setup works so good, curse is a waste of space and time. casting frags+with EW+fury in 1 time is the hardest hitting combo for sorc. its sounds odd, all i did for a year was to slot atleast 4 skills with curse, curse was something i never took off.
    BTW also the point of that is that they dont see the damage coming, with curse it will take you way longer and they will get more defensive. here you streak away and after 1 second they die without them seeing anything.
    As for the more tanky ones, they wont stand it for long trust me. But yes if im getting agitated by these tanks i slot rune cage, goes through block, after 2-4 rune cage casts that tank player is out of stam. im my experience.
    I didnt start playing sorc from yesterday. I never stopped playing a sorc only in dues or solo pvp, that for over a year, I didnt just dropped a build without thought and testing. and I have everything obviously, had plenty to test with trust me. give it a shot.

Why would you not add curse to your combo? Then it would actually be the hardest hiting....

You realize your whole attack is projectile based that are blockable right? Ez counters.

Ofcourse. but again, people dont see it coming, then wont block forever, you got your BoL to stun they over do block. i find it to be fine in that regard. slotting curse would drop my other attacks strength by a lot, and that would make me a slower caster and a easier target to hit as a result.

Slotting curse could add 10k to that burst. Removing any 1 of those buff skills will not decrease your combo by 10k. That's a win.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Slotting curse could add 10k to that burst. Removing any 1 of those buff skills will not decrease your combo by 10k. That's a win.
    I listened to you people. I played with curse for 4 hours today. and no! thats a HUGH drop of burst and momentum. At first it was weird to play without curse after all this time, but after i did unslot it i dont think ill ever go back. Terrible mistake to slot it, in theory yes, curse make sense, but no its not worth it this patch. test it!

60k mag 3k spell damage, frags with Elemental weapon and fury is insanely fast and insanely powerful. All you need. more would destroy this build. really hard to take any skill out, And after another day of testing, what i posted is something that shouldnt be changed not even by a bit, it would get destroyed.

Edited by talfx5 on October 12, 2019 9:47PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I listened to you people. I played with curse for 4 hours today. and no! thats a HUGH drop of burst and momentum. At first it was weird to play without curse after all this time, but after i did unslot it i dont think ill ever go back. Terrible mistake to slot it, in theory yes, curse make sense, but no its not worth it this patch. test it!

60k mag 3k spell damage, frags with Elemental weapon and fury is insanely fast and insanely powerful. All you need. more would destroy this build. really hard to take any skill out, And after another day of testing, what i posted is something that shouldnt be changed not even by a bit, it would get destroyed.

Fight a good sorc, post the video. In fact, post any video.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

cool, ill post something, my first encounters from now ill save, to make it random
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

There you go. I couldnt find any sorcs for like an hour... well this patch who can blame them?
    anyway Its mostly duels as it was pretty dead in cyro at this time, but this is not a dueling build as you need to rely on open space and streaking. And it was also pretty slow, i could barely cast skills. but I still got that 20k damage in 1 second, no one expects it as you can see.
    And ggs to them, not trying to call someone out ofcourse. just a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdxv1H8ENMs
    Edited by talfx5 on October 13, 2019 1:45PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There you go. I couldnt find any sorcs for like an hour... well this patch who can blame them?
    anyway Its mostly duels as it was pretty dead in cyro at this time, but this is not a dueling build as you need to rely on open space and streaking. And it was also pretty slow, i could barely cast skills. but I still got that 20k damage in 1 second, no one expects it as you can see.

I'm not doubting it's damage. And i must say you were much better than everyone in those videos, down to weaving and general combat mechanics. You would have beat most of them regardless lol. Gg

Still amazed u devalue curse, which can allow u to be defensive and switch to offensive in an instant.
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    Ha! I ran those sets too before the patch (except for Domihaus, think I was using Infernal Guardian or Illambris monster set). It is super fun! :p
    Edited by beadabow on October 13, 2019 5:09PM
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

I'm not doubting it's damage. And i must say you were much better than everyone in those videos, down to weaving and general combat mechanics. You would have beat most of them regardless lol. Gg

Still amazed u devalue curse, which can allow u to be defensive and switch to offensive in an instant.
    Thanks
    And Curse is useless in my opinion, with all the templars around it would get purged by anyone around and that would drop your damage and sustain by a significant amount by my testing.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, ps4 play is garbage. Combat is so slow and looks so clunky. Camera rotation is pure poo.

Do all ps4 players just let you attack them and not do anything back, stun on cd or use ulti lol.
    Edited by jaime1982 on October 14, 2019 9:44AM
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    I actually one shotted the last guy. I just noticed that... omg..
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    Wow, ps4 play is garbage. Combat is so slow and looks so clunky. Camera rotation is pure poo.

Do all ps4 players just let you attack them and not do anything back, stun on cd or use ulti lol.

What you saw were top pvp players and duelers btw. That damage is hard to take.
    Look at the last clip, He took like 22k damage in a bang when having crazy high resistances and high mitigation. Stop at that moment amd count that damage. Its insane. Surely this build got counters, so its best to run it in cyro with someone.
  • Neloth290
    Neloth290
    ✭✭✭
    Calling those players some of the top pvpers on the server is frankly a insult to the actual top pvpers on the server. Players showcased are average maybe slightly above at best. But I will agree that the burst is quite good but can't see how dropping curse would be better for burst but whatever its your build use whatever works for you, happy your enjoying it.
    Ps4 Eu Wood Elf Stamplar AR 41
    Breton Magblade AR 27
    High Elf Mag Sorc AR 25
    Redguard Stam Dk AR 22
    Breton Magden AR 23
    1100cp
    Pc Eu
    Argonian Magblade AR 14
    325cp
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOXNPN0EreUScYN6QfmHcow
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at the last clip, He took like 22k damage in a bang when having crazy high resistances and high mitigation. Stop at that moment amd count that damage. Its insane. Surely this build got counters, so its best to run it in cyro with someone.

Lol no they were not
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same with any mag build. I tried everything on magplar: heavy armor, sustain, tank, brawler, melee, ranged, dot build, direct attacks build, etc. Glass cannon is the best, high heals high damage. And not experienced enough, but i'm sure it's the same with magdk and magnb.

btw, in ur videos, not really much showed there, those guys barely apply pressure to u, u r never slowed and they basically are a moving target dummy. Ur attacks are dodgeable and blockable yet nobody does that neither interrupting ur dark exchange
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Neloth290 wrote: »
    Calling those players some of the top pvpers on the server is frankly a insult to the actual top pvpers on the server. Players showcased are average maybe slightly above at best. But I will agree that the burst is quite good but can't see how dropping curse would be better for burst but whatever its your build use whatever works for you, happy your enjoying it.
    Ok.. im not them. not gonna fight for their honor. you seen a few seconds and you know better than me after 1 year. cool.

Lol no they were not
    Im not them. not gonna fight for them.. you think theyre terrible? ok...
    I know what i know, i duel a lot.(second and third players were top duelers) dont be judging by a few seconds clips. i bet you also wouldnt be able to take 15-20k damage from casual frags and ele combo yourself.( with 35k resistances). that would make a lot of people seem terrible.
    Sergykid wrote: »
    same with any mag build. I tried everything on magplar: heavy armor, sustain, tank, brawler, melee, ranged, dot build, direct attacks build, etc. Glass cannon is the best, high heals high damage. And not experienced enough, but i'm sure it's the same with magdk and magnb.

btw, in ur videos, not really much showed there, those guys barely apply pressure to u, u r never slowed and they basically are a moving target dummy. Ur attacks are dodgeable and blockable yet nobody does that neither interrupting ur dark exchange

Cant interrupt my dark exchange usually. i usually do it after i break free. Its hard to put pressure to that damage. its just too high. honestly. but yes perma blocking and perma dodging is a problem.. but they eventually take that damage. but yes this build obviously has counters, which will be covered by a teammate to go with you.

Guys i dont like this side judging.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok.. im not them. not gonna fight for their honor. you seen a few seconds and you know better than me after 1 year. cool.

Lol no they were not
    I know what i know, i duel a lot.(second and third players were top duelers) dont be judging by a few seconds clips. i bet you also wouldnt be able to take 15-20k damage from casual frags and ele combo yourself.( with 35k resistances). that would make a lot of people seem terrible.

Cant interrupt my dark exchange usually. i usually do it after i break free. Its hard to put pressure to that damage. its just too high. honestly. but yes perma blocking and perma dodging is a problem.. but they eventually take that damage. but yes this build obviously has counters, which will be covered by a teammate to go with you.

Ps4 na?
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just remembered having a similar discussion with someone on the sorc discord, when it was still up. Don't remember exactly who it was, but it was a frequent forum user.
    Anyways, he claimed the same and presented his glass cannon build. For what I remember, it did use Curse, think it left out Fury. But it also slotted max mag skills.
    Even posted a few clips presenting his damage output. While his enemies died fast, they also didn't seem to take many defensive actions, as block and dodge. Certainly wasn't convinced by it.
    His build didn't become the meta. Interpret that however you like. Not arguing for or against anything here myself, just sharing some experience.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loled at those guys being (top) dueling players.

• talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Lol no they were not

Ps4 na?
    eu
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    I just remembered having a similar discussion with someone on the sorc discord, when it was still up. Don't remember exactly who it was, but it was a frequent forum user.
    Anyways, he claimed the same and presented his glass cannon build. For what I remember, it did use Curse, think it left out Fury. But it also slotted max mag skills.
    Even posted a few clips presenting his damage output. While his enemies died fast, they also didn't seem to take many defensive actions, as block and dodge. Certainly wasn't convinced by it.
    His build didn't become the meta. Interpret that however you like. Not arguing for or against anything here myself, just sharing some experience.
    Fine. i will upload some more. give me an hour or two to play.
    I duel 100 times a day for a year. but what do I know?
  • Neloth290
    Neloth290
    ✭✭✭

More from personal experience. I've dueled them previously. That was my impression from those duels. And I dont duel often.
    Breton Magblade AR 27
    High Elf Mag Sorc AR 25
    Redguard Stam Dk AR 22
    Breton Magden AR 23
    1100cp
    Pc Eu
    Argonian Magblade AR 14
    325cp
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

More from personal experience. I've dueled them previously. That was my impression from those duels. And I dont duel often.

Ok. Gonna post some more clips from the last hour in about a minute.
    You EU? lets duel. Its not even a dueling build bruh but lets do it, im curious.
    Edited by talfx5 on October 15, 2019 11:33AM
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    I was honestly surprised it was that fast against these players. anyway here are more random clips.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B74do99g3AI
  • Neloth290
    Neloth290
    ✭✭✭
    Can do but not till the weekend. Busy all week. Dont play duel builds either Cba to set 1 up for how little I duel. Remind me like Saturday or something.
    Breton Magblade AR 27
    High Elf Mag Sorc AR 25
    Redguard Stam Dk AR 22
    Breton Magden AR 23
    1100cp
    Pc Eu
    Argonian Magblade AR 14
    325cp
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol no they were not

Ps4 na?
    eu

The top duelers are found in starter zones on eu? That's really bizarre.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Lol no they were not

Ps4 na?
    eu

Stormhaven too toxic, usually empty.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol no they were not

Ps4 na?
    eu

Lol that's like a yogism "ah no one goes there anymore, can't ever get a seat"
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP ever played on pc?
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Lol no they were not

Ps4 na?
    eu

Lol that's like a yogism "ah no one goes there anymore, can't ever get a seat"

People dont go there so its empty, due to it being toxic in the past. makes sense now?
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these self proclaimed elite sorcs trying to pull this guy down to their toxic level. You guys couldn't even beat me in a duel and I'm terrible.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO SORC OR GO CRY !