The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I found how to make magsorcs great again. Build is in!

• Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    @talfx5 Can you share your CP allocation?
    I definitely will give your approach a shot.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically a gank build
    I love it
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the videos you posted. The people you recorded didnt cc lock you with stuns or roots. They also didnt apply any offensive pressure. You basically recorded yourself fighting people roleplaying as target dummies.
    Edited by Aerenel on October 24, 2019 2:53PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aerenel wrote: »
    Watched the videos you posted. The people you recorded didnt cc lock you with stuns or roots. They also didnt apply any offensive pressure. You basically recorded yourself fighting people roleplaying as target dummies.

In last video magDK was fossilizing OP on cooldown and there was some attempt of burst with meteor, but all mitigated by shields. Tbh, people like OP is reason why majority runs tanky builds - if you tanky you at least will have chance to retaliate against glass cannon..
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    I used to build extra tanky on magsorc during dot meta but this patch I've gone alot more offensive. Its alot easier to survive pressure now. Even so, I wouldnt ever think to build that squishy.

More power to him though ... I love fighting against squishies. Look forward to seeing you in cyrodiil!
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    I used to build extra tanky on magsorc during dot meta but this patch I've gone alot more offensive. Its alot easier to survive pressure now. Even so, I wouldnt ever think to build that squishy.

More power to him though ... I love fighting against squishies. Look forward to seeing you in cyrodiil!

You think a sorc scares me? i fought and won against the best sorcs. i get 22k shields. you probably get 12k in cyrodil. yeah good luck fighting that.

You have 45k mag, 2k spell damage, 30k resistances right? i can burst you.you are the easiest target. you cant block or dodge my damage, you cant burst me down as im probably more tanky than you. well... bye. sorcs are the easiest for me with this build, every sorc i met wanted my build. a well known sorc gave me 100k to me to share the build. he didnt know i posted that.. well i couldnt say no.

there is 0 chance for another sorc to kill this build. After a few weeks of playing that build everyday i can safely say, this is the #1 sorc build. BY FAR. You just need to know how to play well with a sorc, no room for error.
    Edited by talfx5 on October 25, 2019 6:32PM
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    doubled reply

Edited by talfx5 on October 25, 2019 6:05PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you have your shields on the back, non-Aegis/Light bar?
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

What do you mean?
    Edited by talfx5 on October 25, 2019 8:34PM
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    talfx5 wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Neloth290 wrote: »
    Calling those players some of the top pvpers on the server is frankly a insult to the actual top pvpers on the server. Players showcased are average maybe slightly above at best. But I will agree that the burst is quite good but can't see how dropping curse would be better for burst but whatever its your build use whatever works for you, happy your enjoying it.
    Ok.. im not them. not gonna fight for their honor. you seen a few seconds and you know better than me after 1 year. cool.

I actually one shotted the last guy. I just noticed that... omg..
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    Wow, ps4 play is garbage. Combat is so slow and looks so clunky. Camera rotation is pure poo.

Do all ps4 players just let you attack them and not do anything back, stun on cd or use ulti lol.

What you saw were top pvp players and duelers btw. That damage is hard to take.
    Look at the last clip, He took like 22k damage in a bang when having crazy high resistances and high mitigation. Stop at that moment amd count that damage. Its insane. Surely this build got counters, so its best to run it in cyro with someone.

Lol no they were not
    Im not them. not gonna fight for them.. you think theyre terrible? ok...
    I know what i know, i duel a lot.(second and third players were top duelers) dont be judging by a few seconds clips. i bet you also wouldnt be able to take 15-20k damage from casual frags and ele combo yourself.( with 35k resistances). that would make a lot of people seem terrible.
    Sergykid wrote: »
    same with any mag build. I tried everything on magplar: heavy armor, sustain, tank, brawler, melee, ranged, dot build, direct attacks build, etc. Glass cannon is the best, high heals high damage. And not experienced enough, but i'm sure it's the same with magdk and magnb.

btw, in ur videos, not really much showed there, those guys barely apply pressure to u, u r never slowed and they basically are a moving target dummy. Ur attacks are dodgeable and blockable yet nobody does that neither interrupting ur dark exchange

Cant interrupt my dark exchange usually. i usually do it after i break free. Its hard to put pressure to that damage. its just too high. honestly. but yes perma blocking and perma dodging is a problem.. but they eventually take that damage. but yes this build obviously has counters, which will be covered by a teammate to go with you.

Guys i dont like this side judging.

Ps4 na?
    eu
    I just remembered having a similar discussion with someone on the sorc discord, when it was still up. Don't remember exactly who it was, but it was a frequent forum user.
    Anyways, he claimed the same and presented his glass cannon build. For what I remember, it did use Curse, think it left out Fury. But it also slotted max mag skills.
    Even posted a few clips presenting his damage output. While his enemies died fast, they also didn't seem to take many defensive actions, as block and dodge. Certainly wasn't convinced by it.
    His build didn't become the meta. Interpret that however you like. Not arguing for or against anything here myself, just sharing some experience.
    Fine. i will upload some more. give me an hour or two to play.
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    I loled at those guys being (top) dueling players.
    I duel 100 times a day for a year. but what do I know?

The top duelers are found in starter zones on eu? That's really bizarre.

Stormhaven too toxic, usually empty.

Lol that's like a yogism "ah no one goes there anymore, can't ever get a seat"

People dont go there so its empty, due to it being toxic in the past. makes sense now?

Maybe what ever platform you play on pcna stormhaven dueling is alive and well
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can manage to lose some magicka recovery, try usibg disast. Bloody mara
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    If you can manage to lose some magicka recovery, try usibg disast. Bloody mara

With how expensive shields are and how everyone running increase cost poisons i would even recommend getting the recovery higher...
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh console
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What do you mean?

22k shields on your non-max-mag bar? Come on!
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

What do you mean?

22k shields on your non-max-mag bar? Come on!
    With 20k hp with pvp buffs and how i set up my cp i get about 20-22k. Reaching 22k isnt hard on this. You can push it to be more.
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean 22k shields with both, right?
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Tolino wrote: »

Ofcourse
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    You think a sorc scares me? i fought and won against the best sorcs. i get 22k shields. you probably get 12k in cyrodil. yeah good luck fighting that.

You have 45k mag, 2k spell damage, 30k resistances right? i can burst you.you are the easiest target. you cant block or dodge my damage, you cant burst me down as im probably more tanky than you. well... bye. sorcs are the easiest for me with this build, every sorc i met wanted my build. a well known sorc gave me 100k to me to share the build. he didnt know i posted that.. well i couldnt say no.

there is 0 chance for another sorc to kill this build. After a few weeks of playing that build everyday i can safely say, this is the #1 sorc build. BY FAR. You just need to know how to play well with a sorc, no room for error.

Copy pasta worthy
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ofcourse

You mean, Hardened+Dampen=22k?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Copy pasta worthy

My money is on a sorc in necro bright rend with eledrain and curse instead of fury and magelight any day.

Given both run streak. If both run ball of lightning they can´t touch each other anyway.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Ofcourse

Yes
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people in here need to learn to adapt. Stop crying that your old build doesn’t work. Those of us who were willing to adapt found out what works and are out here X’ing still. Don’t be sheep
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Copy pasta worthy

My money is on a sorc in necro bright rend with eledrain and curse instead of fury and magelight any day.

Given both run streak. If both run ball of lightning they can´t touch each other anyway.

Then just say you want more clips ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDD465gUk5w

I made sure to fight only the top magsorcs PS4 EU that ive seen and that I have known and that are self proclaimed "best" lol... . I messaged some of them specifically.
    Not that I am the best ofcourse but this build comes pretty close to that.
    The only ones that beat that were heavily kiting their pet. but after that I adapted and managed to beat it too, all of them. again, this is not a dueling build, it will shine way more in Cyro.
    GG to all of them!

If you want more clips just holla at me but I think I exhausted the player base.

BTW I slotted curse in one of the clips, I regretted that immediately. I started to get way more pressure than i should. Just try it my way, hard to adjust to no curse but... you will see the difference.

And I think every sorc ever have tried necro, shadowren, BT.
    Edited by talfx5 on October 27, 2019 12:03AM
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    It's like the guys you are dueling don't understand how to CC lock, debuff, or apply offensive pressure. I run into my fair share of potatoes on PC-NA in Kaal but damned if your opponents don't make our potatoes look like 1vXers.
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    If the build is working for you then cheers mate. I think it'd fall apart in the environment I'm familiar with but its 2 different platforms and playerbases so if it works for you then run with it and keep kicking ass.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ofcourse

Yes

Oh, okay, that makes sense. And is actually on the lower side of shield strength. Must be your HP.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    It's like the guys you are dueling don't understand how to CC lock, debuff, or apply offensive pressure. I run into my fair share of potatoes on PC-NA in Kaal but damned if your opponents don't make our potatoes look like 1vXers.

Nah its the hardest enviroment on ps4. Just that things are slower so it looks different to you. And you are not familiar with what is happening to their character at that high pressure.
    I had so much experience with sorc as that is all i enjoy playing coming from 3rd person shooters, and trust me this is not easy to counter, but possible with dots i would say. Its easy to judge from the side but i bet everyone would atleast have a very hard time with this build. Taking such high damage they cant keep the pressure on me for long, no matter what you use. 90% of people lose to this. basiclly played everyone on my server. Not to mention zergs in cyro will die from 2 hits. And its only getting buffed with dragonhold, no dots, and dot builds wont be such a problem anymore.
    Havnt met a better built sorc than this. Honestly.
    But i would love to see.
    Edited by talfx5 on October 27, 2019 8:55AM
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Ofcourse

Yes

Oh, okay, that makes sense. And is actually on the lower side of shield strength. Must be your HP.

No its not.. sorcs going around with 15k shields usually. 25k resistances 25k health 42k-45k mag is what people run. Thats 15k or 17k maximum.

Tell me what you run and stats that you reached higher than thqt on a none glass cannon build. Ive done a fair share of testing.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Copy pasta worthy

I made sure to fight only the top magsorcs PS4 EU that ive seen and that I have known and that are self proclaimed "best" lol... . I messaged some of them specifically.
    The only ones that beat that were heavily kiting their pet. but after that I adapted and managed to beat it too, all of them. again, this is not a dueling build, it will shine way more in Cyro.
    GG to all of them!

If you want more clips just holla at me but I think I exhausted the player base.

BTW I slotted curse in one of the clips, I regretted that immediately. I started to get way more pressure than i should. Just try it my way, hard to adjust to no curse but... you will see the difference.

There is simply no reason why the build mentioned should not beat yours orginally in the topic - ofc the videos you showcased now have a different skill setup - so it´s kinda a moot point.
    The video you posted now is not the build in the topic anymore bc it had 3 different skills.

I don´t get the point in even calling it a build when you just have to switch up to 30% of your skills depending on the situation you´re in. But maybe that´s just me.

Also as said earlier. I´ve tested it. It´s simply not that great (this meaning it´s not the end all be all build you´re trying to make of it - not that it´s terrible) compared to other decent builds. The dmg gain of slotting bound aegis + magelight both isn´t worth the tradeoff of other skills. Slotting fury over curse against any decent opponent is never worth it - bc they won´t drop low enough for it to be threatening and you waste gcds casting a 4.5k tooltip skill when you could play around 15k tooltip curse burst.
    Edited by Derra on October 27, 2019 10:21AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Copy pasta worthy

GG to all of them!

There is simply no reason why the build mentioned should not beat yours orginally in the topic - ofc the videos you showcased now have a different skill setup - so it´s kinda a moot point.
    The video you posted now is not the build in the topic anymore bc it had 3 different skills.

I don´t get the point in even calling it a build when you just have to switch up to 30% of your skills depending on the situation you´re in. But maybe that´s just me.

Also as said earlier. I´ve tested it. It´s simply not that great (this meaning it´s not the end all be all build you´re trying to make of it - not that it´s terrible) compared to other decent builds. The dmg gain of slotting bound aegis + magelight both isn´t worth the tradeoff of other skills. Slotting fury over curse against any decent opponent is never worth it - bc they won´t drop low enough for it to be threatening and you waste gcds casting a 4.5k tooltip skill when you could play around 15k tooltip curse burst.

Switched skills because its a duel. In cyro i use this exact build that i posted. Maybe slot rune cage but rarely.
    Sorry, but i very disagree with you. It makes sense what you say but its too normal, people expect normal, people counter it. Not just it, it just works way better. And fury is a must in a sorc build imo. Curse was, not anymore.

Idk what else to say. This works perfectly. every sorc basicly got mad or asked me for the build. I believe it is the best, i posted 3 videos which the last one was against some the best sorcs on the server.
    I think the conversation has gotten stale, I said everything already, read back up. those are my recommendations, and i havnt gotten any other good advice other than the most obvious things that were tested by anyone and its simply terrible amd wont last a second vs a good stamplar or magplar. no offense.. and thanks.