The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I found how to make magsorcs great again. Build is in!

• talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    What do you mean again, when haven't they been great?

dots this patch, a sorc cant deal with that even with 1 or 2 purge sets. then your damage, sustain and tankyness is garbage.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why wear impen on a glass cannon? why not full divines with infused jewelry spell damage glyphs and mundus you'd hit around 6k spell damage fully buffed, atleast i do in Cyro, i have no probs staying upright and flattening EP and DC :)
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    why wear impen on a glass cannon? why not full divines with infused jewelry spell damage glyphs and mundus you'd hit around 6k spell damage fully buffed, atleast i do in Cyro, i have no probs staying upright and flattening EP and DC :)

Because youre not a ganker, you there to still take damage, you want to survive any burst from anyone but still doing the most massive damage out there by far. I tried that too, you would die from light attacks. but with impen you still super tanky compared to the damage youre holding.

And stacking sd on a sorc... I tried that too, i have to say i wasnt impressed at all, i havnt reached 6k but it felt like an average sorc while i didnt have the tankyness so it was pointless for me and i rerolled it.
    What were you running that you reached 6k?

Anyway, i dont think there is higher damage than going 60k mag and 3k sd with this amount of tankyness. all because of the shields buff to 60% this patch.

And in my experience, when i played the most tanky sorc ever these glass cannon sorcs were so easy to kill, as they could never burst me but i could burst them as i just needed 2 seconds. but with this build i had that in mind, these tanky people with average+- damage wont kill you.

Good luck!

Edited by talfx5 on October 11, 2019 9:25AM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fair enough :)
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    talfx5 wrote: »

dots this patch, a sorc cant deal with that even with 1 or 2 purge sets. then your damage, sustain and tankyness is garbage.

No one other than Templar can, sorcs still second best.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

No one other than Templar can, sorcs still second best.

With any other class i found it to be easier by far compared to magsorc. as with stamblade for example you can roll dodge and you still take dot damage but you avoid the direct damage on top.
    A sorc has to stand there applying shields and taking the dots and the direct damage. good luck trying to burst someone with all that.
    The best way is to not let them direct damage you. taking the dots and dps them from a far. 1 second most people will die. that otherwise could have killed you by pressure on a normal sorc build.
    So yeah, with this sorc is top tier for me.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcs they too strong. Frags needs like a 30s timer and the ward needs to have a cast time. Also think the streak needs to have it's distance reduced to 8 meters. Also I think the ult passive should increase the cost not decrease, thats absurd

Imagine being mad about sorcs in this meta 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Someone who didn't get the joke
    Nerf sorcs they too strong. Frags needs like a 30s timer and the ward needs to have a cast time. Also think the streak needs to have it's distance reduced to 8 meters. Also I think the ult passive should increase the cost not decrease, thats absurd

lmao

Someone who got the joke
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get it. Why are there so many nay sayers who want to prove that this build is bad. If it works for OP and gives him'her fun, then I call it a good build. Sure it is a lot different than my builds but those are my builds, tailored for my gamestyle.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many break free's can you do with 10k stam? Is fossilize a death sentence?

It's been a while since I tried anything with so little stamina.

With stam its fine, i have enough to break free and heal with dark conversion. just obviously not a really long fight. you should end things fast. and you will. Or you would die before the stam running out, one of the two.
    So stam is not a problem for this. you can always get higher stam and HP at a cost of mag recovery if you feel like it. but i found it not worth it. the mag sustain is needed most of all, people will be defensive as hell.

One thing is, dark conversion is dangerous to use in direct fight because it can be interrupted
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    How many break free's can you do with 10k stam? Is fossilize a death sentence?

It's been a while since I tried anything with so little stamina.

With stam its fine, i have enough to break free and heal with dark conversion. just obviously not a really long fight. you should end things fast. and you will. Or you would die before the stam running out, one of the two.
    So stam is not a problem for this. you can always get higher stam and HP at a cost of mag recovery if you feel like it. but i found it not worth it. the mag sustain is needed most of all, people will be defensive as hell.

One thing is, dark conversion is dangerous to use in direct fight because it can be interrupted

If you use it after you get cced then it cant be interrupted
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a shame to have that much max magicka and not have the hp to allow you to use it for shields.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame to have that much max magicka and not have the hp to allow you to use it for shields.

Tested it. if i get my health to be around 23k with the same amount of mag, i wont lose ANY shield capacity from Dampen magic, and from Harden ward i will get about 500- 1k more. A big win here to go low health on sorc this patch.
    Edited by talfx5 on October 11, 2019 12:28PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    no curse :no_mouth:

Edit: And then talking about streak CC and using BOL to absorb projectiles? How does that work out? You port out and switch morphs quick?

There are over 10 reasons why not to slot curse this patch. to name a few main ones- No time to put curse. you burst people faster than the curse poping off. You dont have bar space. you want to have unpredictable burst. all at the same time in 1 second.
    When i said streak i meant BOL. You can still stun with it this patch. Next patch I will slot rune cage like mentioned.

So you run into melee and stun them with a 4m radius aoe?

What kind of people are you playing against?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Edit: And then talking about streak CC and using BOL to absorb projectiles? How does that work out? You port out and switch morphs quick?

There are over 10 reasons why not to slot curse this patch. to name a few main ones- No time to put curse. you burst people faster than the curse poping off. You dont have bar space. you want to have unpredictable burst. all at the same time in 1 second.
    When i said streak i meant BOL. You can still stun with it this patch. Next patch I will slot rune cage like mentioned.

Uh? Im playing on PS4, best players on eso are there. check your condescending words before you speak bud.

You dont need to stun, That has a potential to be a 25k burst against 35k resistances builds from any range. if theyre highely tanky, yeah just streak to stun.
    If thats too muh trouble for you, slot rune cage.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh? Im playing on PS4, best players on eso are there. check your condescending words before you speak bud.

You dont need to stun, That has a potential to be a 25k burst against 35k resistances builds from any range. if theyre highely tanky, yeah just streak to stun.

I´d invite you to PC-EU to enjoy it against some of our 30k+ hp tank zerglings.

I guess it can workwhen ppl play squishy though.
    <Noricum>

• talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Guess again.
    Too many condescending vibes coming from you, and youre also wrong.
    Edited by talfx5 on October 11, 2019 1:44PM
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam seems low. I’m running 5 crafty alfiq, 5 shacklebreaker, 2 blood spawn. Inferno staff front bar, sword and board back bar. Breton. Mage mundus. I’m at 998 Stam recovery I believe with 17 k stamina using tri stat food. I can’t imagine having any less at this point, granted I’m fairly new to mag sorc. Your weapon damage is much higher than mine though, is that with glyph proc? If so than never mind, that would make sense.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Stam seems low. I’m running 5 crafty alfiq, 5 shacklebreaker, 2 blood spawn. Inferno staff front bar, sword and board back bar. Breton. Mage mundus. I’m at 998 Stam recovery I believe with 17 k stamina using tri stat food. I can’t imagine having any less at this point, granted I’m fairly new to mag sorc. Your weapon damage is much higher than mine though, is that with glyph proc? If so than never mind, that would make sense.

Yeah I obviously played your build too regarding sets and playstyle you referring. you wont have outstanding damage and your tankyness isnt so great, like i mentioned going that route in a build would be a waist, you wont have anything too high.
    I tried literally everything on a sorc, maybe there are better setups, but from all my testings for the year and a half i play sorc, this is without a doubt the best way to play.
    Hell i even had imperial physique on x4 last IC event, the stats were this: 35k resistances, 3k sd, 46k mag, 2.2 recovery, 20k stam, 37k hp. or something pretty close to that, if i remember correctly.
    My shields were crap, my sustain was crap(as shields are so expensive if i reapply them every second you wont sustain very well), my tankyness was crap. and look at these stats.. its dreamy, and even then it wasnt good. thats why i dont spec for this kind of playstyle anymore, i reached to top with that. but the problem was the damage. its high but its a sorc, it has to be extraordinary, like a down burst, meaning that burst has to get someone down or very very close to it, otherwise you get pressured and in this patch a sorc cant get any pressure, no matter what u got you will die by a good player pressuring you with 15k dots(raw, after going through your defense). not to mention 2 of them.
    With 46k mag and 3k sd i used to fight people for a pretty long time before i killed them, around 5-10 minutes. those people i could burst now with 2 attacks. thats how big of a difference to go from 46k mag to 60k mag is.

With this sorta tankier type of glass cannon, they dont pressure me, i abuse streak and that burst is an actual burst, if i hit it people die.and my shields are way higher, good luck for people to break them and deal with my burst. most people wont be able to.
    Stamplars are a problem because of major protection spams.i would say thats a big weakness. as they can still pressure you. but even that can be dealt with with some more streaking.

Edited by talfx5 on October 11, 2019 2:43PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Uh? Im playing on PS4, best players on eso are there.
    Doubt it.

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc without Curse or Stun. Not so much of a glass cannon build, more like a glass piñata.
    EU | PC | AD
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tested it. if i get my health to be around 23k with the same amount of mag, i wont lose ANY shield capacity from Dampen magic, and from Harden ward i will get about 500- 1k more. A big win here to go low health on sorc this patch.

Im sure i've killed this sorc at one point, are you ps4 eu?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess again.

I went and tested it.

As expected - the non squishies didn´t die.

Not that it´s suprising considering magelight + aegis give only roughly ~9% extra tooltip dmg.

18.1k frag tt with pot + backbar glyph is what i tested with.

Overall improvements from my perspective would be:
    Stonekeeper instead of 1p max magica - more stat value.
    lover instead of mage mundus - magica caps for shields should be met either way and penetration is vastly superior to magica dmg wise
    curse instead of magelight with spellpower + crit potions

Edited by Derra on October 11, 2019 7:48PM
    <Noricum>

• p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All mag classes can be that strong if people actually built right instead of trying to be a rolling mag tank.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Guess again.

I went and tested it.

As expected - the non squishies didn´t die.

Not that it´s suprising considering magelight + aegis give only roughly ~9% extra tooltip dmg.

18.1k frag tt with pot + backbar glyph is what i tested with.

Overall improvements from my perspective would be:
    Stonekeeper instead of 1p max magica - more stat value.
    lover instead of mage mundus - magica caps for shields should be met either way and penetration is vastly superior to magica dmg wise
    curse instead of magelight with spellpower + crit potions

I tried stonekeeper and curse instead of magelight, but you will lose damage and momentum from having 1 more skill. thats for sure. but that is definitely an option.
    About the lover i havnt tried it but the whole point is to stack magicka, i doubt that it will be as high damage. did you test with 60k mag? it sounds odd. but i will definitely give it a shot.

BTW, you have to cast the EW and frags and fury at the same time.If someone is too tanky you have to make it about 3 times until the shock buff starts, and with meteor and everything procced? bruh... that burst will be crazy, everyone i meet go to atleast to 20% hp at this point. and for most people its such an overkill. you can also have someone with you to keep taking damage and keep them cced.
    For 2vx open space that is the dream build.

Maybe Cp is wrong? give it a try in BG as it shines even more there. and if you want ill share my CP.
    Edited by talfx5 on October 11, 2019 11:48PM
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Sorc without Curse or Stun. Not so much of a glass cannon build, more like a glass piñata.

idk what that means. anyway its fine. slot rune cage if you want. about curse you can slot it too, i honestly dont think you need it, casting and 3 seconds it is too much to wait, getting another 4k mag from bound armaments worth it way more.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

idk what that means. anyway its fine. slot rune cage if you want. about curse you can slot it too, i honestly dont think you need it, casting and 3 seconds it is too much to wait, getting another 4k mag from bound armaments worth it way more.

Who casts Curse and waits????

Curse is your only undodgeable, unblockable damage. That and Streak, which is also your hard CC to make Meteor land. Without them you have no pressure against dodge and vanish Stamblades, or S&B block builds, or anything that mitigates projectiles hard like Wardens or MagDKs. That a helluva lot of builds that literally couldn’t give a single feck that your Frags tooltip is a couple K more than the next dude.

I mean if your target is to be sniping kills from max range and running the second anyone competent turns on you, then I’d imagine this build works fine. But personally I wouldn’t even step out of the Bank without Curse and Streak on my bar, never mind go into PvP without them.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ball of lightning will be nice next patch.
    Edited by Qwazzy on October 12, 2019 3:48AM
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Curse is your only undodgeable, unblockable damage. That and Streak, which is also your hard CC to make Meteor land. Without them you have no pressure against dodge and vanish Stamblades, or S&B block builds, or anything that mitigates projectiles hard like Wardens or MagDKs. That a helluva lot of builds that literally couldn’t give a single feck that your Frags tooltip is a couple K more than the next dude.

I mean if your target is to be sniping kills from max range and running the second anyone competent turns on you, then I’d imagine this build works fine. But personally I wouldn’t even step out of the Bank without Curse and Streak on my bar, never mind go into PvP without them.
    What do you mean who cast curse and wait? its another skill you have to cast, the more skills you have to more time youre wasting in pvp.

If you slot it you would have to rely on it to go off at the same time to kill someone. i rather have my burst all happen on demand. 3 seconds is too much.
    Obviously i played curse forever, that is the first time im taking it off. worth it. everyone purges it now anyway. i have so many reasons why not to slot it.
    I have BoL, ofcourse i wouldnt go without that wtf, that the only reason i play sorc.
    Slot curse do whaterver, that setup works so good, curse is a waste of space and time. casting frags+with EW+fury in 1 time is the hardest hitting combo for sorc. its sounds odd, all i did for a year was to slot atleast 4 skills with curse, curse was something i never took off.
    Try play without it. you will see.
    BTW also the point of that is that they dont see the damage coming, with curse it will take you way longer and they will get more defensive. here you streak away and after 1 second they die without them seeing anything.
    As for the more tanky ones, they wont stand it for long trust me. But yes if im getting agitated by these tanks i slot rune cage, goes through block, after 2-4 rune cage casts that tank player is out of stam. im my experience.
    I didnt start playing sorc from yesterday. I never stopped playing a sorc only in dues or solo pvp, that for over a year, I didnt just dropped a build without thought and testing. and I have everything obviously, had plenty to test with trust me. give it a shot.
    Edited by talfx5 on October 12, 2019 7:38AM
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Qwazz wrote: »
    Ball of lightning will be nice next patch.

Yeah and the snare immunity is exactly what I needed for this build
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I an exciting to set note

What do you mean who cast curse and wait? its another skill you have to cast, the more skills you have to more time youre wasting in pvp.

If you slot it you would have to rely on it to go off at the same time to kill someone. i rather have my burst all happen on demand. 3 seconds is too much.
    Obviously i played curse forever, that is the first time im taking it off. worth it. everyone purges it now anyway. i have so many reasons why not to slot it.
    I have BoL, ofcourse i wouldnt go without that wtf, that the only reason i play sorc.
    Slot curse do whaterver, that setup works so good, curse is a waste of space and time. casting frags+with EW+fury in 1 time is the hardest hitting combo for sorc. its sounds odd, all i did for a year was to slot atleast 4 skills with curse, curse was something i never took off.
    Try play without it. you will see.
    BTW also the point of that is that they dont see the damage coming, with curse it will take you way longer and they will get more defensive. here you streak away and after 1 second they die without them seeing anything.
    As for the more tanky ones, they wont stand it for long trust me. But yes if im getting agitated by these tanks i slot rune cage, goes through block, after 2-4 rune cage casts that tank player is out of stam. im my experience.
    I didnt start playing sorc from yesterday. I never stopped playing a sorc only in dues or solo pvp, that for over a year, I didnt just dropped a build without thought and testing. and I have everything obviously, had plenty to test with trust me. give it a shot.

Why would you not add curse to your combo? Then it would actually be the hardest hiting....

You realize your whole attack is projectile based that are blockable right? Ez counters.