The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I found how to make magsorcs great again. Build is in!

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    talfx5 wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Tolino wrote: »
    You mean 22k shields with both, right?

Ofcourse

You mean, Hardened+Dampen=22k?

Yes

Oh, okay, that makes sense. And is actually on the lower side of shield strength. Must be your HP.

No its not.. sorcs going around with 15k shields usually. 25k resistances 25k health 42k-45k mag is what people run. Thats 15k or 17k maximum.

Tell me what you run and stats that you reached higher than thqt on a none glass cannon build. Ive done a fair share of testing.

Nah, mate, it's 24k. 12k Hardened and 12k Dampen, slightly rounded here and there.
    52k max mag, 24k health without emp. Bright-Throat, Alfiq (could go for Necro), Bloodspawn. 25k resis with Bloodspawn procced, 1.8k mag regen, 900 stam regen +Spell Recharge from being the highborn master race. 1900 spell damage unbuffed. Uses two regen glyphs, could go Elemental Drain and drop one for more damage. Could drop Bloodspawn for Shadowrend in duels or smallscale and drop the third regen glyph. But I prefer to be flexible.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭

Ofcourse

Yes

Oh, okay, that makes sense. And is actually on the lower side of shield strength. Must be your HP.

No its not.. sorcs going around with 15k shields usually. 25k resistances 25k health 42k-45k mag is what people run. Thats 15k or 17k maximum.

Tell me what you run and stats that you reached higher than thqt on a none glass cannon build. Ive done a fair share of testing.

Nah, mate, it's 24k. 12k Hardened and 12k Dampen, slightly rounded here and there.
    52k max mag, 24k health without emp. Bright-Throat, Alfiq (could go for Necro), Bloodspawn. 25k resis with Bloodspawn procced, 1.8k mag regen, 900 stam regen +Spell Recharge from being the highborn master race. 1900 spell damage unbuffed. Uses two regen glyphs, could go Elemental Drain and drop one for more damage. Could drop Bloodspawn for Shadowrend in duels or smallscale and drop the third regen glyph. But I prefer to be flexible.

1.8k regen is bad, wont survive peoples increase cost poisons or Siphoner, and with 8k shields cost... well.. would never be my choice. your max mag is lower than mine, but you use very similar build to mine anyway, slotting bloodspawn is pretty bad. you lose survivability , damage, and that mag stacking gets trashed away.
    with that setup you have 45k mag on backbar right? thats not 24k shields unless like 100 on bastion... something about the stats seem off. my backbar sitting at 52k i think.. with some on bastion i get to 22k which is the highest ive seen someone go, and going higher i wouldnt recommend, the cp needs to be spread nicely.
    But yeah your build is very similar to mine, i would just recommend higher regen and higher mag, from food and changing bloodspawn... which is all that is different from my build.. but i honestly think its the best route.. the surviavbility will get higher too as a result.
    give it a go bro B)

Edited by talfx5 on October 27, 2019 1:51PM
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭

Ofcourse

Yes

1.8k regen is bad, wont survive peoples increase cost poisons or Siphoner, and with 8k shields cost... well.. would never be my choice. your max mag is lower than mine, but you use very similar build to mine anyway, slotting bloodspawn is pretty bad. you lose survivability , damage, and that mag stacking gets trashed away.
    with that setup you have 45k mag on backbar right? thats not 24k shields unless like 100 on bastion... something about the stats seem off. my backbar sitting at 52k i think.. with some on bastion i get to 22k which is the highest ive seen someone go, and going higher i wouldnt recommend, the cp needs to be spread nicely.
    But yeah your build is very similar to mine, i would just recommend higher regen and higher mag, from food and changing bloodspawn... which is all that is different from my build.. but i honestly think its the best route.. the surviavbility will get higher too as a result.
    give it a go bro B)

Just wonder – how big your shields are outside of pvp env with your mag pool?
    Edited by Pijng on October 27, 2019 2:03PM
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »

Ofcourse

Yes

give it a go bro B)

Just wonder – how big your shields are outside of pvp env with your mag pool?

60% from 11k each
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    If it's working for you then rock on my man.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ofcourse

Yes

give it a go bro B)

I found the regen to be mostly enough. Keep in mind it's unbuffed, Intellect and Continuous Attack do the rest. And Conversion, of course.
    Bloodspawn is an excellent set with versatile applications. Shadowrend would be my next choice and used to be my go to for quite some time. Also boosts regen, so there you go. But it fails quickly when fighting multiple targets, so I switched it out, as I often find myself in keep fights.
    Backbar is 51k mag. To be precise, Hardened on front is 12.3k, Dampen on back 11.8k. 31 points in Bastion for the CP passive and overall acceptable scaling.
    I don't think it's an uncommon build on my platform. After all, it is one that Malcolm also highly recommends. Just that I'm using it with a resto, not a shield, and a couple stat tweaks. It's quite obviously a solid all-around build and not at all a secret super weapon, so encountering it in Cyrodiil is to be expected. I am rather surprised that you are surprised.
    When Dragonhold hits our platforms, I will probably slot a Matriarch. See how that goes. Or Surge. Will see.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Aerenel wrote: »
    You think a sorc scares me? i fought and won against the best sorcs. i get 22k shields. you probably get 12k in cyrodil. yeah good luck fighting that.

You have 45k mag, 2k spell damage, 30k resistances right? i can burst you.you are the easiest target. you cant block or dodge my damage, you cant burst me down as im probably more tanky than you. well... bye. sorcs are the easiest for me with this build, every sorc i met wanted my build. a well known sorc gave me 100k to me to share the build. he didnt know i posted that.. well i couldnt say no.

there is 0 chance for another sorc to kill this build. After a few weeks of playing that build everyday i can safely say, this is the #1 sorc build. BY FAR. You just need to know how to play well with a sorc, no room for error.

Copy pasta worthy

My money is on a sorc in necro bright rend with eledrain and curse instead of fury and magelight any day.

Given both run streak. If both run ball of lightning they can´t touch each other anyway.

Then just say you want more clips ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDD465gUk5w

I made sure to fight only the top magsorcs PS4 EU that ive seen and that I have known and that are self proclaimed "best" lol... . I messaged some of them specifically.
    Not that I am the best ofcourse but this build comes pretty close to that.
    The only ones that beat that were heavily kiting their pet. but after that I adapted and managed to beat it too, all of them. again, this is not a dueling build, it will shine way more in Cyro.
    GG to all of them!

If you want more clips just holla at me but I think I exhausted the player base.

BTW I slotted curse in one of the clips, I regretted that immediately. I started to get way more pressure than i should. Just try it my way, hard to adjust to no curse but... you will see the difference.

And I think every sorc ever have tried necro, shadowren, BT.

There is simply no reason why the build mentioned should not beat yours orginally in the topic - ofc the videos you showcased now have a different skill setup - so it´s kinda a moot point.
    The video you posted now is not the build in the topic anymore bc it had 3 different skills.

I don´t get the point in even calling it a build when you just have to switch up to 30% of your skills depending on the situation you´re in. But maybe that´s just me.

Also as said earlier. I´ve tested it. It´s simply not that great (this meaning it´s not the end all be all build you´re trying to make of it - not that it´s terrible) compared to other decent builds. The dmg gain of slotting bound aegis + magelight both isn´t worth the tradeoff of other skills. Slotting fury over curse against any decent opponent is never worth it - bc they won´t drop low enough for it to be threatening and you waste gcds casting a 4.5k tooltip skill when you could play around 15k tooltip curse burst.

Switched skills because its a duel. In cyro i use this exact build that i posted. Maybe slot rune cage but rarely.
    Sorry, but i very disagree with you. It makes sense what you say but its too normal, people expect normal, people counter it. Not just it, it just works way better. And fury is a must in a sorc build imo. Curse was, not anymore.

Idk what else to say. This works perfectly. every sorc basicly got mad or asked me for the build. I believe it is the best, i posted 3 videos which the last one was against some the best sorcs on the server.
    I think the conversation has gotten stale, I said everything already, read back up. those are my recommendations, and i havnt gotten any other good advice other than the most obvious things that were tested by anyone and its simply terrible amd wont last a second vs a good stamplar or magplar. no offense.. and thanks.

Proabably pc console difference. I haven´t seen a sorc duel successfully with mages wrath slotted in probably two years. The skill is dead/potatomasher category on our platform.
    Usually unslotted even before streak for dueling.

Great if it works for you on the platform you play. On PC it simply doesn´t work better than anything comparable and loses efficiency vs anything tanky.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    Okay @talfx5 I have to give credit where credit's due. I tried my own variation of your build and it's working very well. Can't say its BETTER than every other way to build a magsorc but it is indeed very strong and has a classic oldschool feel. Kudos.
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    Okay @talfx5 I have to give credit where credit's due. I tried my own variation of your build and it's working very well. Can't say its BETTER than every other way to build a magsorc but it is indeed very strong and has a classic oldschool feel. Kudos.

Im happy to hear :)
  • talfx5
    talfx5
    ✭✭✭
    You think a sorc scares me? i fought and won against the best sorcs. i get 22k shields. you probably get 12k in cyrodil. yeah good luck fighting that.

You have 45k mag, 2k spell damage, 30k resistances right? i can burst you.you are the easiest target. you cant block or dodge my damage, you cant burst me down as im probably more tanky than you. well... bye. sorcs are the easiest for me with this build, every sorc i met wanted my build. a well known sorc gave me 100k to me to share the build. he didnt know i posted that.. well i couldnt say no.

there is 0 chance for another sorc to kill this build. After a few weeks of playing that build everyday i can safely say, this is the #1 sorc build. BY FAR. You just need to know how to play well with a sorc, no room for error.

Copy pasta worthy

My money is on a sorc in necro bright rend with eledrain and curse instead of fury and magelight any day.

Given both run streak. If both run ball of lightning they can´t touch each other anyway.

I made sure to fight only the top magsorcs PS4 EU that ive seen and that I have known and that are self proclaimed "best" lol... . I messaged some of them specifically.
    The only ones that beat that were heavily kiting their pet. but after that I adapted and managed to beat it too, all of them. again, this is not a dueling build, it will shine way more in Cyro.
    GG to all of them!

If you want more clips just holla at me but I think I exhausted the player base.

BTW I slotted curse in one of the clips, I regretted that immediately. I started to get way more pressure than i should. Just try it my way, hard to adjust to no curse but... you will see the difference.

There is simply no reason why the build mentioned should not beat yours orginally in the topic - ofc the videos you showcased now have a different skill setup - so it´s kinda a moot point.
    The video you posted now is not the build in the topic anymore bc it had 3 different skills.

I don´t get the point in even calling it a build when you just have to switch up to 30% of your skills depending on the situation you´re in. But maybe that´s just me.

Also as said earlier. I´ve tested it. It´s simply not that great (this meaning it´s not the end all be all build you´re trying to make of it - not that it´s terrible) compared to other decent builds. The dmg gain of slotting bound aegis + magelight both isn´t worth the tradeoff of other skills. Slotting fury over curse against any decent opponent is never worth it - bc they won´t drop low enough for it to be threatening and you waste gcds casting a 4.5k tooltip skill when you could play around 15k tooltip curse burst.

Switched skills because its a duel. In cyro i use this exact build that i posted. Maybe slot rune cage but rarely.
    Sorry, but i very disagree with you. It makes sense what you say but its too normal, people expect normal, people counter it. Not just it, it just works way better. And fury is a must in a sorc build imo. Curse was, not anymore.

Idk what else to say. This works perfectly. every sorc basicly got mad or asked me for the build. I believe it is the best, i posted 3 videos which the last one was against some the best sorcs on the server.
    I think the conversation has gotten stale, I said everything already, read back up. those are my recommendations, and i havnt gotten any other good advice other than the most obvious things that were tested by anyone and its simply terrible amd wont last a second vs a good stamplar or magplar. no offense.. and thanks.

Proabably pc console difference. I haven´t seen a sorc duel successfully with mages wrath slotted in probably two years. The skill is dead/potatomasher category on our platform.

Great if it works for you on the platform you play. On PC it simply doesn´t work better than anything comparable and loses efficiency vs anything tanky.

Simply not true. We cant duel so... damn that would have solved everything...
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glass cannons! OMG this makes this class so *** fun to play!
    Ive been maining a Magsorc for over a year, i have all the viable sets for magsorc, golden top sets like necro and such. I tried building for everything right...Resistances,Health, damage, stam, sustain. all of the above and beyond. I found that it makes the class not shines at anything this patch if you go that route. You will end up dead anyway.
    So.... I was like, if im dead might as well not let them damage right?
    I have 18k health, 10k stam, 60k mag, 2.2k recovery, 3k sd, 14k resistances. And... OMG. this is working well over and beyond my imaginations. i bursted a guy using brass, brp duel wield with major protection procced, from 100 to 0. in 1 moment. literally all the damage was on screen. about 25k damage in a moment. through all his 35k resistances and 38% mitigation. I have no words.
    That was the highlight i would say. but walking around in cyrodil thinking "well 50% of the players just gonna die from me simply looking at them" is unmatchable.
    Plus, my shields are 20k, i can survive like any burst from anyone, but obviously not for long, so streak and back to dps. Let me tell you i havnt met more than 3 people that stood this damage over 20 seconds in the past week. And surely ball of lightening makes this build so hard to fight. Templars, Im coming for ya.

I was that unkillable sorc for months, going with 35k resistances and insane heals and sustain. It was never so fun tbh. But this patch its obviously impossible building for high tankyness with all the dots.
    I just wish i knew this is possible. It definitely makes this class the most fun class to play for me at the moment. a week ago i thought this class is dead and will never be fun again. whoosh.

Im still looking for tips how to improve it! but here is what im running:

front bar: Crafty Alfiq infused inferno staff, shock damage.
    back bar: Crafty Alfiq Infused Ice staff, weapon damage.

Hat :Dominhas, heavy, impen, magicka glyph.
    Chest: Bright throats boast, light, impen, magicka glyph.
    Shoulders: Infernal guardian, med, impen, magicka glyph.
    belt: Bright throats boast, light, impen, magicka glyph.
    gloves: Bright throats boast, light, impen, magicka glyph.
    legs: Bright throats boast, light, impen, magicka glyph.
    feet: Bright throats boast, light, impen, magicka glyph.

Necklace: Crafty Alfiq, spell damage, arcane.
    ring: Crafty Alfiq, mag recovery, arcane.
    ring: Crafty Alfiq, mag recovery, arcane. (sometimes i switch the glyph to spell damage here)

Skills:

Front bar: Elemental weapon, crystal frags, endless fury, mages light, Bound Armaments. ULT= meteor
    Back bar: Harden ward, Dampen magic, dark conversion, ball of lightening, boundless storm. ULT =Temporal Guard

Race:

High elf.

Food:
    ghastly eye bowl.

Mundus:

Max magicka.

Vampire:
    No. im squishy as is, and the sustain is incredibly high anyway.

Potion:
    spell damage potion. just the basic one from battlegrounds vendor will do fine, as we get Major Prophecy from mages light slotted.

CP is pretty basic, 0 points in Damage over time ofcouse. running only direct damage. get it as high as possible and youre solid. invest a lot in light attack and direct attack.

Now, let me answer some things in advance.
    Why not go Necro and alfiq? you wont reach nearly the same max mag and sustain with that. not to mention you have to lose bar space or slotting shadowren which is terrible at outnumbered.

Why having only 3 attacks? wow thats pretty long to explain, basically you would procc shock buff faster because of endless fury, and you wont waste any time on so many skills, your high burst is on demand. you dont wait for anything. you want things dead and now. not even for curse. EW->La->CF>EF>METEOR>STREAK or in whatever order tbh, will be an over kill against a lot of people you meet. and that combo easy to hit. 3 skills.

Why streak as main stun on glass cannon? well I sometimes slot something else like rune cage instead of bound armaments, works very well but you lost a *** ton of damage. It wont seem much at first but thats too much damage loss, and because you just use 3 attacks, you will need that burst to be as high as possible.

Why no heals?
    Dark conversion will heal about 50% of your health. thats one plus of having very low health i guess.

Ok, I hope i didnt miss anything. wow i really wanted to share it. Its the best fun i had with sorc in forever. on other patches that could have been way better ofcourse.
    And this is still pretty tanky, 20k shields with 15k resistances is not something to take super lightly. Like i said you will survive anyones burst, just not for long. dont let them damage.

I tried basically everything i can think of, like I said I own every viable set for sorc. this is by far the best thing to run this patch. atleast for me.
    I recommend trying it, and have fun guys!
    Still if I missed something that could make it better, I would love to hear.

Random stuff from last 2 days:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B74do99g3AI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdxv1H8ENMs

🖒🖒🖒🖒🖒🖒well done, it looks very affective imo.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Copy pasta worthy

GG to all of them!

I can assure you it's true.
  • Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    @talfx5 Can you provide your champion points pls?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Copy pasta worthy

GG to all of them!

What about my statement is not true?
    I´m purely speaking from my personal experience and observations from PC-EU dueling and from testing the very build you posted.
    Edited by Derra on October 28, 2019 7:13AM
    <Noricum>

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Copy pasta worthy

GG to all of them!

I´m purely speaking from my personal experience from PC-EU and from testing the very build you posted.

What are folks on PC slotting instead of Fury? Drain? Entropy still? Anything else?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Copy pasta worthy

GG to all of them!

I´m purely speaking from my personal experience from PC-EU and from testing the very build you posted.

What are folks on PC slotting instead of Fury? Drain? Entropy still? Anything else?

usually when going from cyro build to dueling
    drain, mines/blockade, cage, aegis/light in place of fury, streak/bol, deal - depending on opponent.

Most just play outright different setups in duels though.
    <Noricum>

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Copy pasta worthy

GG to all of them!

usually when going from cyro build to dueling
    drain, mines/blockade, cage, aegis/light in place of fury, streak/bol, deal - depending on opponent.

Most just play outright different setups in duels though.

Oh, interesting! I can't recall when I've last seen Mines! (o.0)