The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What about CP?

Sheuib
Sheuib
✭✭✭✭
OK I know it is late in the PTS cycle to mention this but nothing significant has been done with CP in so long that I don't even remember when the last time I added CP to my character. It's even kind of depressing when I get a new CP that I know I can't use. I know certain people don't like CP but most people would like to see their characters get stronger as time goes on. So, can we please either change the system or turn them back on.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember how people used to claim that CP power creep was the reason our skills were getting nerfed? How’s that theory working out?
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Remember how their ,,audit'' on DoT' s went? Yeah no thanks
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was wrong with vr ranks?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was wrong with vr ranks?

You mean besides having to level each character individually to max level?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YA i sure hate getting another cp added each time it happens because why never going to get to use it seems im really getting something to do nothing with be nice to work towards something again oh and btw am at 1334 cp was shooting for max but that hopes been long gone
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember how people used to claim that CP power creep was the reason our skills were getting nerfed? How’s that theory working out?

CP still exists and the game is still getting nerfed. (Since we are making oversimplified blanket statements.)
    Edited by BigBragg on October 11, 2019 6:22PM
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want them to remove CP all together. My wife won't play because she says she's too far behind. It encourages botting.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    I want them to remove CP all together. My wife won't play because she says she's too far behind. It encourages botting.

They would have to re-balance the whole game again. It would be the 3rd (4th?) time they do so, which is rediculous.

With the current catch up mechanic, catching up does not take that long.

People needlessly agonize over their CP.

Just play the damn game, the CP will come.

I earned every one of my CP by just playing the game. No grinding XP at all.
    I would like to keep them thanks.
    Edited by Katahdin on October 11, 2019 2:01PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...we all have pointless CP laying around. I'm getting antsy to see what ZOS has planned but I wouldn't expect anything to be announced until early 2020, imo.

Lets hope their changes to the current system doesn't create a huge ****storm. Unfortunately, not everyone will be happy as usual.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hum, skills are actually balanced regarding their no-CP state. this is one of the reason the DoT meta messed up so hard, they didnt take into consideration that minmaxers would drop all direct dmg cp and turn them into DoT.

anyway, i'd like cp to be changed into goodies for playing the game (like crowns) instead of what it is now.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

They would have to re-balance the whole game again. It would be the 3rd (4th?) time they do so, which is rediculous.

CP keeps more casual players away, that's a fact. The end of the system is coming, it's just a matter of when.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

CP keeps more casual players away, that's a fact. The end of the system is coming, it's just a matter of when.

No it doesn't, and no it isn't. The vast majority of the player base are normal, casual players. Also, why would a casual player need to be concerned with maxing out their toons through CP?
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP is awful they aren’t increasing it till the rework at as they started before
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like cp there’s no cp options for those who don’t.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

p00tx wrote:

No it doesn't, and no it isn't. The vast majority of the player base are normal, casual players. Also, why would a casual player need to be concerned with maxing out their toons through CP?

Only people driven away over CP are ones that needlessly obsess over it in some sort of inferiority complex.

It doesnt matter. The current cap is frozen so they can catch up by just playing the game. There have been countless posts about people doing just that.
    Edited by Katahdin on October 11, 2019 7:20PM
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switching from PC to Console and having no CP made me try so hard to level up so I could reach the top tier. It was an OCD problem for me...I needed to be the max CP for whatever patch we were on. I imagine other new players experience similar issues. To say "just don't worry about it" is utterly useless when it's in my human nature to want to be the best.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Switching from PC to Console and having no CP made me try so hard to level up so I could reach the top tier. It was an OCD problem for me...I needed to be the max CP for whatever patch we were on. I imagine other new players experience similar issues. To say "just don't worry about it" is utterly useless when it's in my human nature to want to be the best.

The point is you WILL get there. It's not the games problem if people have to rush and have everything now. You can choose to not listen to that OCD and learn to relax and just let it happen. I had the same problem with motifs until one day I decided I just was not going to obsess over them any more.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude you can go from lvl3 to cp 810 in 2 maybe 3 mounts top now days went it 1st hit( for me) you'd get 1 every 2 days and they wasn't shared across all toons as they are now but one things back to being the same about cp (less for me ) it takes 2 days to get another 1 added lol im 1334
    So tell your wife that all she needs to do is play the game for 3 MONTHS and she'll be jast as strong as everyone whos been playing for 4+ YEARS
    And as far as removal of them why not just remove YOURSELF TY
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 11, 2019 9:16PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »

CP still exists and the game is still getting nerfed. (Since we are making oversimplified blanket statements.)

The nerfs he means would have been essentially been done with or without CP most likely tbh.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Since cp is being talked about lets talk about why it was placed on hold and capped out
    POWER CREEP!!!!
    well we can tell that it wasn't the case and power creep kept raising tho cp wasn't so now that thats seen can YOU ALL please remove the hold and un cap it so that we VET players can reach our goals of maxing out the whole tree as it was ( mine ) a lot of players goal to do when it first dropped and lots of player stopped even playing because they see no reason to be above the cap ANYMORE so why play when your 1334 cp going NOWHERE in progression in game being held back over something that aint the issue at all
    PLEASE THANK ON THIS AS WE DEFINITELY EARNED EVERY CP WE HAVE PLAYING THE GAME AND TO HOLD THEM FROM US WOULD BE LIKE ME SENDING YOU AN IOU FOR CROWNS NO WAY IN HELL YOU'D OK THAT ONE RIGHT !!!!!!!!!
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »

The point is you WILL get there. It's not the games problem if people have to rush and have everything now. You can choose to not listen to that OCD and learn to relax and just let it happen. I had the same problem with motifs until one day I decided I just was not going to obsess over them any more.

I had the same issue with motifs as well. Once I got Grand Master Crafter I was finally able to stop collecting them. But MMOs (and specifically RPGs) know how to keep you hooked. Whether it's CP, motifs, skins, etc... they keep you coming back for more.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP? Hmm... Excuse me while I put on my tinfoil hat...

Maybe that's the reason for this inane and clueless nerf-a-rama fiasco; so they can remove the cap and we can use it to get back a normal point of enjoying the game again.

Nah...hat removed. It's too late. :/
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure they're getting rid of CP at some point. Probably would've been best to get rid of it before completely "rebalancing" every skill in the game but you know how Zos does things...
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CP was never removed...
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    BigBragg wrote: »

The nerfs he means would have been essentially been done with or without CP most likely tbh.

That's pure speculation.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude you can go from lvl3 to cp 810 in 2 maybe 3 mounts top now days went it 1st hit( for me) you'd get 1 every 2 days and they wasn't shared across all toons as they are now but one things back to being the same about cp (less for me ) it takes 2 days to get another 1 added lol im 1334
    So tell your wife that all she needs to do is play the game for 3 MONTHS and she'll be jast as strong as everyone whos been playing for 4+ YEARS

It took me ~1000 hours, over ~2 YEARS, to reach the CP cap at the time (which was around CP 600 then). I didn't do any grinding, I just played the game (quests, dungeons, and trials). It's definitely a VERY long climb to max CP if you don't grind.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on October 11, 2019 10:22PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It took me ~1000 hours, over ~2 YEARS, to reach the CP cap at the time (which was around CP 600 then). I didn't do any grinding, I just played the game (quests, dungeons, and trials). It's definitely a VERY long climb to max CP if you don't grind.

My main is 1334 have 4 different subs at 810 not 1 of them did i grind cp you get 10cp just for 1 daily random theres days so try again
    And btw standing around bs in chat aint playing the game so time played dont mean sh#t to me sorry
    And 3 months is 2000+ hrs played js
    So you played 1.3hrs per day at 1000hr for 2 years seems you didn't have an goal to hit cp or even play the game js
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 11, 2019 11:00PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's pure speculation.

Well they want to make <Especially generic> dots do the "same" as everything right? <At least thats what I understand was their intention. Other than special rule breakers>.

So with no CP is it "better" it to run Scalebreaker style builds over anything else or not? If so then it would have been nerfed still.
    Edited by karekiz on October 13, 2019 12:04AM
  • b95fister
    b95fister
    ✭✭✭
    As far as cp goes when and if they remove them i hope they give us a weekend to use all CP we have earned just so I can see what 2k cp can do.

Please please ZOS!!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    b95fister wrote: »
    As far as cp goes when and if they remove them i hope they give us a weekend to use all CP we have earned just so I can see what 2k cp can do.

Please please ZOS!!

You must be a stamina dk with a name like that