The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How Catering to casuals has affected PvP....

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop making sense please. It's frustrating.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Casuals kill gaming. They want to be at the top and whine when they aren't due to lack of experience in the game.

When they see somebody 1vX they think it's the sets, the class,etc. They make the same build, get beat, and cry for nerfs or cry cheating or exploits. They are the toxic part of the community that drains the fun out of a game for the rest of the player base.

The only people I've seen whine are the "elites". The only people I've seen cry "nerf" are the "elites". They spread toxicity, look down on anyone who doesn't act like ESO is a job, and they think they're superior to everyone. You elites also like to spread lies about casuals and blame casuals for everything wrong with the game. It isn't the fault of casuals, that's for sure. Most casuals I've met are people who just like to play ESO to have fun. To quest. To enjoy the game in a relaxing manner.

Casuals aren't killing the game. Toxic elitists who desperately cling to every exploit and cheat they get their hands on are killing the game. Toxic elitists who abuse others are killing the game. Toxic elitists who scream nerf over and over are killing the game.

Define Elitist for me please, I see a lot of people throw that term around (same with casual). Just curious if our definitions match up.

Elitist to most people in this game means "person who is better than me and logs on for more than 1 hour each week." People love throwing that word around because it somehow makes them feel better about the fact that they aren't rolling in gold/furnishing/achievements despite not putting in any effort.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    This game has many players as well as many types of players, therefore, the game has to cater to all players, not just the people who complain the loudest. Placing blame on anyone who is not a PVP person is just not fair. ZOS wants to make all content accessible to all types of players because you need to remember despite having a very competitive sometimes cutthroat loud minority of PvP players ESO as a whole is primarily a PvE game. Pleasing all players is extremely hard to do, probably impossible. Making MOST content accessible to all players at the cost of difficulty is something that zos has to do, they can't please everyone with everything in the game.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s the problem we as a community are now facing and because of this problem and Zos is forced to make everyone happy. The problem is, now get ready and take a deep breath because some of you might not be able to handle this truth but the main problem is ZERGLINGS.

Here's the thing...

You can't 1vX without the players that zerg.

As someone that plays solo 80% of my time in Cyrodiil, I'm thankful for those players that run in zergs.
    I couldn't play the way I enjoy most without them.

I hear some permablock tanks saying the same things, calling people zerglings in YouTube comments and such. But I'll never understand the mentality to name call, because without those players, your playstyle is destroyed.
    Same with those of us that love to 1vX.

The entire thing is rather stupid, in my opinion. People enjoy different ways to play. No one playstyle is better than the other. All this name calling does is further separate those of us who enjoy PvP.

I mean, what's the end goal here? You can't 1 without the X. If 1vX is how you enjoy playing, you should be thankful for groups, not blaming them. If you're looking for Cyrodiil to just be 1v1's, go duel somewhere. Otherwise, you're actually asking to destroy and ruin your own playstyle.
    Edited by Kel on October 1, 2019 9:24PM
  • bugmom
    bugmom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been in this game since right after launch. Advertising for this game described massive battles of hundreds of players in Cyrodiil. Cydrodiil was always designed for large group play. That's why a raid can have 24 people. There is a lore book at the gate for each faction "To Those Who Stood at Chalman Keep" that was added to commemorate a massive three way battle that took place at Chal during beta! If you don't like large group play, don't go to Cyro.
  • Purpaleslushii
    Purpaleslushii
    ✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

Here’s the problem we as a community are now facing and because of this problem and Zos is forced to make everyone happy. The problem is, now get ready and take a deep breath because some of you might not be able to handle this truth but the main problem is ZERGLINGS.

Here's the thing...

As someone that plays solo 80% of my time in Cyrodiil, I'm thankful for those players that run in zergs.

I hear some permablock tanks saying the same things, calling people zerglings in YouTube comments and such. But I'll never understand the mentality to name call, because without those players, your playstyle is destroyed.

The entire thing is rather stupid, in my opinion. People enjoy different ways to play. No one playstyle is better than the other. All this name calling does is further separate those of us who enjoy PvP.

I mean, what's the end goal here? You can't 1 without the X. If 1vX is how you enjoy playing, you should be thankful for groups, not blaming them. If you're looking for Cyrodiil to just be 1v1's, go duel somewhere.

You missed the whole point. The main point is if zos keeps catering to these casuals we will no longer be able to 1vx because everything we like to use for 1vX will be nerfed. The main point is to not cater to casuals. I could care less if there’s zergs, but stop listening to these players when they say stuff needs nerfed. You can’t have a good understanding of what needs to be nerfed and buffed if all you do is zerg and rely on your teammates. Zos needs to listen to the small scale community when making changes, not zergling casuals that have no idea how to play without needing help from others.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the thing...

I mean, what's the end goal here? You can't 1 without the X. If 1vX is how you enjoy playing, you should be thankful for groups, not blaming them. If you're looking for Cyrodiil to just be 1v1's, go duel somewhere.

You missed the whole point. The main point is if zos keeps catering to these casuals we will no longer be able to 1vx because everything we like to use for 1vX will be nerfed. The main point is to not cater to casuals. I could care less if there’s zergs, but stop listening to these players when they say stuff needs nerfed. You can’t have a good understanding of what needs to be nerfed and buffed if all you do is zerg and rely on your teammates. Zos needs to listen to the small scale community when making changes, not zergling casuals that have no idea how to play without needing help from others.

That's never going to happen.
    Money is in the "casual" players.
    Zos cares nothing for competition or players 1vX'ing.
    What you'd like is a dream. Why? Because there's more money going the other way.
    Aside from that, the population that zergs is far greater than those that play solo/small group. So, in the small playerbase that PvP's, Zos won't listen to the even smaller number that solo's. Like it or not, Cyrodiil is designed for large scale PvP. That's the norm. Solo/small scale is the outliner. You CAN do it, but it's not the intention to play that way. They won't and shouldn't balance for solo play. Just the way it is.

They will never listen to the small scale community. They stand to lose money that way, and it's not the intended way to play in any case.
    Edited by Kel on October 1, 2019 9:38PM
  • Cameron_Vayle
    Cameron_Vayle
    ✭✭✭
    I have a great idea.

Split the PvP and PvE areas completely. Upon completion of the server split when you log in you get a ONE time choice where that current character will reside forever. No moving back and forth.

In addition, when you create a new character you also choose which sever you want locking them in there as well. Now I can see folks complaining at this very moment that this would not be fair for armor set reason ect.

But you see you can still have all your characters access your shared bank so if a set you want is in PvE then you can get it using a PvE character, same with PvP.

That way neither side would be able blame the other for changes that are implemented by the devs.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zergs are good. Zergs are where almost every player starts, because there's a learning curve. And some players like it... it's a large scale AvA environment. It's not wrong to be a big fight. The problem is not that new players come in and zerg around, the problem is there's no good way for them to climb the learning curve and git gud... so they leave. How many times can you run back and forth between Ales farm and Bleakers before it's stale for most players?

The devs have introduced so many mechanics that hugely favor the group with more numbers in fights, that when that aspiring former zergling tries to branch out and try something new, they get overwhelmed and can't do a thing about it. This wasn't the case in 2016 or 2017, where you could go somewhere odd and encounter 2 or 3 players and *outplay* them provided you understood your class and basic mechanics (and they didn't.) Now 2 of those 3 will be dropping Time Stops and proc'ing free set damage and outplaying that is exponentially harder.

If catering to the lowest common denominator was good for the game, we'd have more than one populated campaign.

I think the devs are trying to backpedal on that trend a bit. With the nerfs to ranged CCs and Backlash and the buffs to Proxy Det, the zerg safety zone is getting smaller. Now we need to give those aspiring to Git Gud a path to success, so they can grow as players and leave the zerg if they want.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the thing...

The main point is to not cater to casuals.
    Nah, you ever played or heard of WildStar? Now how did that end up again..?

Oh yeah. It catered to hardcore players for too long and died
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Casuals kill gaming. They want to be at the top and whine when they aren't due to lack of experience in the game.

When they see somebody 1vX they think it's the sets, the class,etc. They make the same build, get beat, and cry for nerfs or cry cheating or exploits. They are the toxic part of the community that drains the fun out of a game for the rest of the player base.

Ok
    Excuse us for having a life outside of the game, like jobs, schools, family, friends, events happening in the real world.
    So sorry for not being an elite, dedicated, hardcore PvP or PvE player.
    Or whatever you wanna name us again :D
    He wasn't bashing people BEING casuals.

He is bashing casuals who cry for nerfs/buffs and things being easier/handed to them. He's saying if someone can 1vX you in PVP that maybe it's not that their build need nerfing but that casuals need to understand that they are not as good as someone who is more skilled in PVP. A skilled PVPer SHOULD be able to 1vX instead of people crying for things to be nerfed because they can't counter it.

Example: Cast time on Ults. NOT NEEDED. The biggest ones that people complained about (DB and INCAP) were easily dodgable and easy to know when it will be used in a rotation so you can easily avoid it by knowing when the opponent will use the ult.

P.S. I will never forgive PC for getting Clever Alchemist nerfed.

Unless you can convince me otherwise, I think it is the know-it-alls who mock the casuals are by far the loudest on these forums and because they are know-it-alls, it is they who scream at ZOS that this needs to be nerfed or that class is overpowered or this ability is a "crutch" that enables casuals to beat them.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 1, 2019 10:31PM
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    do people ever mispronounce your name as purple sushi?
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meta gets nerfed, you can't kill everyone 1vX, casuals are the problem. That about sums it up, just like literally every other thread about the topic.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think pvp has been ruined less by casuals and more by hardcore pvp'rs. Most nerfs have happened due to so called 1vXr's wanting this an that nerfed because they think they should win vs. greater numbers because of their skills. But many overestimate themselves. And I've seen many 1vXr's actually engage in situations where 2 of them will pull away from 10+and when all but one player turns around, they will double-team that one player. It's a smart tactic, but they aren't really engaging in a 1vX or 1v1 for that matter.

Thing is....hardcore pvpr's are never satisfied. And their detest at "casuals" has just left a barren playing field. And then the hardcore pvpr moves on to another game.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hardcore PvP'ers as a whole.
    https://youtu.be/K5UeIv_wdeo
  • Purpaleslushii
    Purpaleslushii
    ✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »
    do people ever mispronounce your name as purple sushi?

All the time lol
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok
    Excuse us for having a life outside of the game, like jobs, schools, family, friends, events happening in the real world.

He is bashing casuals who cry for nerfs/buffs and things being easier/handed to them. He's saying if someone can 1vX you in PVP that maybe it's not that their build need nerfing but that casuals need to understand that they are not as good as someone who is more skilled in PVP. A skilled PVPer SHOULD be able to 1vX instead of people crying for things to be nerfed because they can't counter it.

Example: Cast time on Ults. NOT NEEDED. The biggest ones that people complained about (DB and INCAP) were easily dodgable and easy to know when it will be used in a rotation so you can easily avoid it by knowing when the opponent will use the ult.

Unless you can convince me otherwise, I think it is the know-it-alls who mock the casuals are by far the loudest on these forums and because they are know-it-alls, it is they who scream at ZOS that this needs to be nerfed or that class is overpowered or this ability is a "crutch" that enables casuals to beat them.

Bingo. I might mutter under my breath and complain while I'm fighting about "zergling trash" and useless block tanks and the armies of healers, but I recognize the usefulness of each of these (still a little on the fence about the tanks in there, but that's my own hang-up), and I certainly appreciate the buffs I get for the keeps taken by the large groups, and I appreciate them drawing the other large groups to them so I can go derp around without being mowed over by 60 players. I appreciate them filling the server so ZoS has a reason to pay attention to PvP and keep working on it. I appreciate them giving me a wave to ride when I just need to drag my useless crafters and PvE toons to tier 1 for transmutes.

If I actively choose to play by myself, I do so knowing I'm going to be outnumbered and at a severe disadvantage. It's my choice to do so, and I don't need Zos holding my hand and nerfing other players just so I can have an easier time doing so. I carry several sets on me in Cyrodil at all times so I can quickly change if one build isn't doing what I need it to do. I also don't operate under the assumption that I'm super duper OP and waaaaay better than every other player just because i choose to play alone sometimes. It's a playstyle, not a value system, and I don't need to base my ego on my perceived success while engaging in it. People are just ridiculous.
    Edited by p00tx on October 2, 2019 5:11PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Purpaleslushii
    Purpaleslushii
    ✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

Ok

Bingo. I might mutter under my breath and complain while I'm fighting about "zergling trash" and useless block tanks and the armies of healers, but I recognize the usefulness of each of these (still a little on the fence about the tanks in there, but that's my own hang-up), and I certainly appreciate the buffs I get for the keeps taken by the large groups, and I appreciate them drawing the other large groups to them so I can go derp around without being mowed over by 60 players. I appreciate them filling the server so ZoS has a reason to pay attention to PvP and keep working on it. I appreciate them giving me a wave to ride when I just need to drag my useless crafters and PvE toons to tier 1 for transmutes.

If I actively choose to play by myself, I do so knowing I'm going to be outnumbered and at a severe disadvantage. It's my choice to do so, and I don't need Zos holding my hand and nerfing other players just so I can have an easier time doing so. I carry several sets on me in Cyrodil at all times so I can quickly change if one build isn't doing what I need it to do. I also don't operate under the assumption that I'm super duper OP and waaaaay better than every other player just because i choose to play alone sometimes. It's a playstyle, not a value system, and I don't need to base my ego on my perceived success while engaging in it. People are just ridiculous.

How did you get ego out of all that??
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imo summerset and wolfhunter was the Pinnacle of pvp balance. Was there things that needed slight adjustments? Yes but the game was balanced in a way were you couldn't 1vx good players. But if the group you were fighting was bad you could out play them with LOS and picking them off 1 by 1. People kept talking trash to me when ever I commented on a nerf post because I was telling them you can't get 1vxed unless you were bad or made a huge mistake in play. Bad players will always blame the game instead of learning how to play

Exactly! 1vX verse good players doesn’t exist. You can kite and simply try and survive playing cat and mouse but you’ll never kill them all before they get you. Bad players get 1vX’d. They want to nerf anything that kills them but will defend to the end anything that benefits them.

On the flip side, there are plenty of people who think they are good then when you kill them they feel the need to hate message you. Had some real good ones in the last couple of weeks. Excuses for excuses on top of excuses. These people are just as bad as casuals honestly. They spend their time playing bad players and start to think they are unbeatable. When they die they throw a hissy fit like children. I can only imagine the type of spoiled child they are in real life. They also come to the forums and cry for nerfs but will fight tooth and nail to keep what they have because they crutch on “X” skill or build.

Yeah, this streamer was 1vXing the other day and yeah I leaped him while he was fighting a buncha potatoes. Then, yeah I slid a 10k structured Entropy on him...and he died again. Then uh, I leaped him a third time so he died 3x in five minutes because of me. The leaps were killing blows.

He messaged me. We talk some times. I wasn’t sniping his stream. We aren’t friends but we’re cool. He complained about me jumping on him when he was fighting a bunch of people like I’m supposed to give him a pass.

I watched his stream the next day, like, what’s wrong with this fool. I saw his reaction to his death recaps. I was all in them doing the majority of the damage to him if not outright killing him. He threw a hissy fit on his stream everytime he died.

I see this fool all the time running in Zergs. He messaging ME because I interrupted his potato farm? I started full cp PvP at level 10. I most certainly was one of those lil taters getting 1vxed. Nobody cut me any breaks. 1vX me NOW!
    Edited by JumpmanLane on October 2, 2019 9:03PM
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

Ok

How did you get ego out of all that??

Your post comes across this way (TLDR version):

"I play the game with playstyle A, which is better because I play it, and I'm a really really good player. Everyone else plays with playstyle B, which is bad because it's not the way I play, and I'm really really good. That makes everyone else really bad. You should only listen to me and people who play like me because only A players are worth listening to. Have I told you in the last few sentences how really really good I am? I'll be happy to tell you again, mostly because I'm really great at this game".

How can someone not get ego from that? You may have had something really meaningful and important to say, and you may even be partially right, but it's hard to hear in between the thinly veiled insults and self-aggrandizing.
    Edited by p00tx on October 2, 2019 9:30PM
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    craybest wrote: »
    this is a videogame, being casual is how you're supposed to play it.

I'm sorry, if you don't start a 15 hour session by putting on your adult diapers, you are a lowly casual.
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭
    Hello to all who are reading my name is PurpaleSlushii... A little background so you guys know about where I’m coming from here, I have been playing ESO since 1.6. I have 1260 Cp on ps4 and 700 on Pc.

All I have ever done is solo play probably 80% of the time and the rest is either duo or small scale of up to four but that is very rare. Since starting this wild game I have seen so many metas come and go so many different players so many different play styles and builds. One thing that has never changed tho is solo play yes it is harder now but the feeling you get, that rush of adrenaline you feel when you are outnumbered by 5 people nothing in any other game compares to it.

The best is when you are able to out play the people attacking you and you can take all of them out by yourself that feels the best. It’s not so much that you are just flat out killing them because your build is better but you know how to read your opponents you understand that in fights you have to make sacrifices defensively and offensively you have to use your environment to your advantage and attack when the enemy is least expecting it. You also must know when to attack and what player to kill first in order to give you the best advantage of winning the fight.

For example if you have a Nb hitting you hard when you’re outnumbered you know they will probably be the easiest to take out first because of how squishy they are and killing them will take much pressure off of you so you can finish the fight. Little things like this you learn as you go out and experience cyrodiil solo. These little tips and tricks build off of each other and allow you as a player to get to the point of being able to fight more and more people while outnumbered.

You build the skill and confidence to go out and actually be a beast on the battle field and that’s how you get known. As patch’s keep coming and going tho solo is getting harder and harder and players with no skill or little cp are able to take out and kill theses solo players just because they can one shot or use cheese builds to take advantage of there opponent.

Here’s the problem we as a community are now facing and because of this problem and Zos is forced to make everyone happy. The problem is, now get ready and take a deep breath because some of you might not be able to handle this truth but the main problem is ZERGLINGS. To under stand this problem we must go back in time a little bit.

When Elder Scrolls Online came out I remember it being a land of mystery. You never knew where you were going and you were always finding random fights anywhere in the map. You could be North, South, East, or West it didn’t matter you would find fights of some sort. Either solo fights or small scale but you would never see Zergs unless you were at keeps. These were the days everyone was still trying to figure the game out and there class and everyone was ok with going out and fighting and trying to get better.

As time progressed metas changed and more and more damage was introduced into the game like proc sets and damage sets. As this happened we started to see an influx to group play and larger scale groups. As this happened we saw certain classes being extremely dominate due to more damage sets.

When this happened we saw more and more groups being formed to deal with players what would be able to take out normal players with ease. As solo players learnerd to adapt with the changing patch’s group players and zerglings relied more and more on there group mates to stay alive and to deal damage. Instead of running solo or getting in a smaller group and trying to understand how to deal with the more damage and how to take on more players now that the damage is higher these players decided to say screw it and just zerg.

Here’s the main problem with that and this is how everything In this post comes together. These same players that continue to zerg and rely on there teammates to keep them alive and to do damage are the same people that are complaining that other classes are to op or certain things need nerfed. When this happens Zos listens and nerfs stuff because the majority of the player base now Zergs or runs groups so Zos wants it to be easy for them to kill people that actually have skill because they want to cater to casuals.

The main issue shouldn’t be that one player shouldn’t be able to 1vx 5 players. The main issue is that 5 players can even get 1vxexd. If these zerglings or group players would actually go out and experience solo play, and actually take the time to learn how to play there class and when to use certain skills and understand when to go offensive and defensive they wouldn’t be struggling against these solo players because they could actually protect them self’s instead of screaming at there group mate to spam healing springs. Like it’s crazy to me that people that spam heals and other people that do nothing but spam gap closers are the same people getting 1vxed but are at the same time the same people complaining about people being to strong solo and shouldn’t be able to 1vx.

Don’t get me wrong 1vx should for sure be a thing but you shouldn’t be able to 1vx good players but you should always be able to 1vx players who don’t have as much skill as you.

Seems like some people are missing the point of this post. The main point is if zos keeps catering to these casuals we will no longer be able to 1vx because everything we like to use for 1vX will be nerfed. The main point is to not cater to casuals. I could care less if there’s zergs in fact the more the better. But stop listening to these players when they say stuff needs nerfed. You can’t have a good understanding of what needs to be nerfed and buffed if all you do is zerg and rely on your teammates. Zos needs to listen to the small scale community when making changes, not zergling casuals that have no idea how to play without needing help from others.

If everyone "went out and learned how to solo" you wouldnt be able to 1vX any1 either so its a loose loose situation 🤔
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello to all who are reading my name is PurpaleSlushii... A little background so you guys know about where I’m coming from here, I have been playing ESO since 1.6. I have 1260 Cp on ps4 and 700 on Pc.

All I have ever done is solo play probably 80% of the time and the rest is either duo or small scale of up to four but that is very rare. Since starting this wild game I have seen so many metas come and go so many different players so many different play styles and builds. One thing that has never changed tho is solo play yes it is harder now but the feeling you get, that rush of adrenaline you feel when you are outnumbered by 5 people nothing in any other game compares to it.

The best is when you are able to out play the people attacking you and you can take all of them out by yourself that feels the best. It’s not so much that you are just flat out killing them because your build is better but you know how to read your opponents you understand that in fights you have to make sacrifices defensively and offensively you have to use your environment to your advantage and attack when the enemy is least expecting it. You also must know when to attack and what player to kill first in order to give you the best advantage of winning the fight.

For example if you have a Nb hitting you hard when you’re outnumbered you know they will probably be the easiest to take out first because of how squishy they are and killing them will take much pressure off of you so you can finish the fight. Little things like this you learn as you go out and experience cyrodiil solo. These little tips and tricks build off of each other and allow you as a player to get to the point of being able to fight more and more people while outnumbered.

You build the skill and confidence to go out and actually be a beast on the battle field and that’s how you get known. As patch’s keep coming and going tho solo is getting harder and harder and players with no skill or little cp are able to take out and kill theses solo players just because they can one shot or use cheese builds to take advantage of there opponent.

Here’s the problem we as a community are now facing and because of this problem and Zos is forced to make everyone happy. The problem is, now get ready and take a deep breath because some of you might not be able to handle this truth but the main problem is ZERGLINGS. To under stand this problem we must go back in time a little bit.

When Elder Scrolls Online came out I remember it being a land of mystery. You never knew where you were going and you were always finding random fights anywhere in the map. You could be North, South, East, or West it didn’t matter you would find fights of some sort. Either solo fights or small scale but you would never see Zergs unless you were at keeps. These were the days everyone was still trying to figure the game out and there class and everyone was ok with going out and fighting and trying to get better.

As time progressed metas changed and more and more damage was introduced into the game like proc sets and damage sets. As this happened we started to see an influx to group play and larger scale groups. As this happened we saw certain classes being extremely dominate due to more damage sets.

When this happened we saw more and more groups being formed to deal with players what would be able to take out normal players with ease. As solo players learnerd to adapt with the changing patch’s group players and zerglings relied more and more on there group mates to stay alive and to deal damage. Instead of running solo or getting in a smaller group and trying to understand how to deal with the more damage and how to take on more players now that the damage is higher these players decided to say screw it and just zerg.

Here’s the main problem with that and this is how everything In this post comes together. These same players that continue to zerg and rely on there teammates to keep them alive and to do damage are the same people that are complaining that other classes are to op or certain things need nerfed. When this happens Zos listens and nerfs stuff because the majority of the player base now Zergs or runs groups so Zos wants it to be easy for them to kill people that actually have skill because they want to cater to casuals.

The main issue shouldn’t be that one player shouldn’t be able to 1vx 5 players. The main issue is that 5 players can even get 1vxexd. If these zerglings or group players would actually go out and experience solo play, and actually take the time to learn how to play there class and when to use certain skills and understand when to go offensive and defensive they wouldn’t be struggling against these solo players because they could actually protect them self’s instead of screaming at there group mate to spam healing springs. Like it’s crazy to me that people that spam heals and other people that do nothing but spam gap closers are the same people getting 1vxed but are at the same time the same people complaining about people being to strong solo and shouldn’t be able to 1vx.

Don’t get me wrong 1vx should for sure be a thing but you shouldn’t be able to 1vx good players but you should always be able to 1vx players who don’t have as much skill as you.

Seems like some people are missing the point of this post. The main point is if zos keeps catering to these casuals we will no longer be able to 1vx because everything we like to use for 1vX will be nerfed. The main point is to not cater to casuals. I could care less if there’s zergs in fact the more the better. But stop listening to these players when they say stuff needs nerfed. You can’t have a good understanding of what needs to be nerfed and buffed if all you do is zerg and rely on your teammates. Zos needs to listen to the small scale community when making changes, not zergling casuals that have no idea how to play without needing help from others.

I do kind of agree with what your saying. Having said that, sets like fury that have recieved a nerf where great for 1vx'ing BUT where also completely OP in an organised group. Its hard to find a balance for sets and skills. 1vXing is definitely harder now than it was in previous patches but i have a feeling itl come back around.