The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How Catering to casuals has affected PvP....

Purpaleslushii
Purpaleslushii
✭✭✭
Hello to all who are reading my name is PurpaleSlushii... A little background so you guys know about where I’m coming from here, I have been playing ESO since 1.6. I have 1260 Cp on ps4 and 700 on Pc.

All I have ever done is solo play probably 80% of the time and the rest is either duo or small scale of up to four but that is very rare. Since starting this wild game I have seen so many metas come and go so many different players so many different play styles and builds. One thing that has never changed tho is solo play yes it is harder now but the feeling you get, that rush of adrenaline you feel when you are outnumbered by 5 people nothing in any other game compares to it.

The best is when you are able to out play the people attacking you and you can take all of them out by yourself that feels the best. It’s not so much that you are just flat out killing them because your build is better but you know how to read your opponents you understand that in fights you have to make sacrifices defensively and offensively you have to use your environment to your advantage and attack when the enemy is least expecting it. You also must know when to attack and what player to kill first in order to give you the best advantage of winning the fight.

For example if you have a Nb hitting you hard when you’re outnumbered you know they will probably be the easiest to take out first because of how squishy they are and killing them will take much pressure off of you so you can finish the fight. Little things like this you learn as you go out and experience cyrodiil solo. These little tips and tricks build off of each other and allow you as a player to get to the point of being able to fight more and more people while outnumbered.

You build the skill and confidence to go out and actually be a beast on the battle field and that’s how you get known. As patch’s keep coming and going tho solo is getting harder and harder and players with no skill or little cp are able to take out and kill theses solo players just because they can one shot or use cheese builds to take advantage of there opponent.

Here’s the problem we as a community are now facing and because of this problem and Zos is forced to make everyone happy. The problem is, now get ready and take a deep breath because some of you might not be able to handle this truth but the main problem is ZERGLINGS. To under stand this problem we must go back in time a little bit.

When Elder Scrolls Online came out I remember it being a land of mystery. You never knew where you were going and you were always finding random fights anywhere in the map. You could be North, South, East, or West it didn’t matter you would find fights of some sort. Either solo fights or small scale but you would never see Zergs unless you were at keeps. These were the days everyone was still trying to figure the game out and there class and everyone was ok with going out and fighting and trying to get better.

As time progressed metas changed and more and more damage was introduced into the game like proc sets and damage sets. As this happened we started to see an influx to group play and larger scale groups. As this happened we saw certain classes being extremely dominate due to more damage sets.

When this happened we saw more and more groups being formed to deal with players what would be able to take out normal players with ease. As solo players learnerd to adapt with the changing patch’s group players and zerglings relied more and more on there group mates to stay alive and to deal damage. Instead of running solo or getting in a smaller group and trying to understand how to deal with the more damage and how to take on more players now that the damage is higher these players decided to say screw it and just zerg.

Here’s the main problem with that and this is how everything In this post comes together. These same players that continue to zerg and rely on there teammates to keep them alive and to do damage are the same people that are complaining that other classes are to op or certain things need nerfed. When this happens Zos listens and nerfs stuff because the majority of the player base now Zergs or runs groups so Zos wants it to be easy for them to kill people that actually have skill because they want to cater to casuals.

The main issue shouldn’t be that one player shouldn’t be able to 1vx 5 players. The main issue is that 5 players can even get 1vxexd. If these zerglings or group players would actually go out and experience solo play, and actually take the time to learn how to play there class and when to use certain skills and understand when to go offensive and defensive they wouldn’t be struggling against these solo players because they could actually protect them self’s instead of screaming at there group mate to spam healing springs. Like it’s crazy to me that people that spam heals and other people that do nothing but spam gap closers are the same people getting 1vxed but are at the same time the same people complaining about people being to strong solo and shouldn’t be able to 1vx.

Don’t get me wrong 1vx should for sure be a thing but you shouldn’t be able to 1vx good players but you should always be able to 1vx players who don’t have as much skill as you.

Seems like some people are missing the point of this post. The main point is if zos keeps catering to these casuals we will no longer be able to 1vx because everything we like to use for 1vX will be nerfed. The main point is to not cater to casuals. I could care less if there’s zergs in fact the more the better. But stop listening to these players when they say stuff needs nerfed. You can’t have a good understanding of what needs to be nerfed and buffed if all you do is zerg and rely on your teammates. Zos needs to listen to the small scale community when making changes, not zergling casuals that have no idea how to play without needing help from others.
Edited by Purpaleslushii on October 1, 2019 9:30PM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See other post with same title
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Keledus
    Keledus
    ✭✭✭
    I think 2 posts aren't enough
    PC - EU
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belmara wrote: »
    Agreed
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Casuals kill gaming. They want to be at the top and whine when they aren't due to lack of experience in the game.

When they see somebody 1vX they think it's the sets, the class,etc. They make the same build, get beat, and cry for nerfs or cry cheating or exploits. They are the toxic part of the community that drains the fun out of a game for the rest of the player base.
  • Purpaleslushii
    Purpaleslushii
    ✭✭✭
    Belmara wrote: »
    Agreed

I posted it only once there is a glitch with the forums that makes it show twice. You can’t even post the same thing twice if you wanted the forums don’t allow it.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Casuals kill gaming. They want to be at the top and whine when they aren't due to lack of experience in the game.

When they see somebody 1vX they think it's the sets, the class,etc. They make the same build, get beat, and cry for nerfs or cry cheating or exploits. They are the toxic part of the community that drains the fun out of a game for the rest of the player base.

Really casuals are the toxic part of the game ! See I don’t see that I find they are more relax and it’s the more elite players that tend to be toxic , but hey as the population gets smaller the game needs the casuals around , unless you actually want the game to die
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    If forward camps and keep recall stones were removed we would be able to find fights more often on the reinforcement routes. It would also spread out the ball groups a bit. I remember the fights that lasted hours at and around keeps before they added those things back in to the game.

Honestly all that needs to be done is remove the % base damage reduction stacking buffs and 1vX would see a huge increase in performance. I feel the max fair amount would be in the 20% range total. These large groups need a little more organization to achieve their desired play style. They don’t need 60% damage mitigation, they need to be organized and protect their support classes. Their DPS should also be squishy to somewhat squishy and need to rely on front line and healers PLUS their own combat awareness to stay alive. This style of play is how it used to be and we had 4x the player base in PvP.

I am a solo duo guy as well but I understand the game is based on large scale PvP. I can find a middle ground for all of us, ZOS should too. People have gotten used to this lazy play style so it will bother them for a bit. Once they adjust they will see how much more rewarding and fun it would be.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @White wabbit if its populated by casual gamers who only care about playing house and logging in once a week, let it die.
    Edited by MajBludd on September 30, 2019 2:46PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @White wabbit if its populated by casual gamers who only care about playing house and logging in once a week, let it die.

If that’s your thoughts it might be better if you in fact found something more current to player that wasn’t infected by casual players then , sorry but it annoys me that people think they have more right to this game than others
    Edited by White wabbit on September 30, 2019 2:49PM
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

agreed casual players will flock to a different game the second they can, versus the dedicated player will continue to play even when the population is low 2016 I'm looking at you
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @White wabbit unfortunately most games are infected by casuals who want to put no effort into the game and ask to be handed everything.
    If only you only had a new version of candy crush to play to keep you away from games like this.
    Edited by MajBludd on September 30, 2019 2:51PM
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo summerset and wolfhunter was the Pinnacle of pvp balance. Was there things that needed slight adjustments? Yes but the game was balanced in a way were you couldn't 1vx good players. But if the group you were fighting was bad you could out play them with LOS and picking them off 1 by 1. People kept talking trash to me when ever I commented on a nerf post because I was telling them you can't get 1vxed unless you were bad or made a huge mistake in play. Bad players will always blame the game instead of learning how to play
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @White wabbit unfortunately most games are infected by casuals who want to put no effort into the game and ask to be handed everything.
    If only you only had a new version of candy crush to play to keep you away from games like this.

Swings both ways sure there are gamers on here that aren’t causal still wanting stuff handed to them , but hey enjoy your game when it’s you and 9 other dedicated players left
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the thread title and conversation question should also include:
    are cheats involved?
    are there exploits involved in these builds?
    are these builds exploit and cheat dependent that zenimax is allowing?

able to craft a build that makes you do more damage or survive longer ?
    thats awesome and YES everyone wants to be able to do that.

craft builds and use experience and knowledge to help you play really Great and kill others mainly by your knowledge and experience?
    that's awesome and YES everyone wants to be able to do that.

craft builds that allow you to solo kill 50 man groups and make your character unkillable and completely dominate on a constant basis?
    no, we Do Not want that, that is where the developers have failed, is that they allow the ability to create builds like that, is what this thread and topic is about.

Edited by Gilvoth on September 30, 2019 3:07PM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @White wabbit I'll be long gone before then. Another thing, are you subbed and if not how much do you spend on this game a month? How much do you contribute as a casual player?

Why is this thread a double post? Delete one, please.
    Edited by MajBludd on September 30, 2019 3:03PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @White wabbit I'll be long gone before then. Another thing, are you subbed and if not how much do you spend on this game a month? How much do you contribute as a casual player?

Why is this thread a double post? Delete one, please.

Yes subbed and have been since the release on console and I still log on everyday but hey if that makes a casual so be it
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great another ‘casual’ bashing thread... casuals are the lifeblood of this game, it needs a steady flow of new players.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Gonna need undeniable and infallible evidence to back this claim up with creditable sources and citations as well, in a timely manner.

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »

Gonna need undeniable and infallible evidence to back this claim up with creditable sources and citations as well, in a timely manner.

Must be fact if OP stated it surely !
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ok
    Excuse us for having a life outside of the game, like jobs, schools, family, friends, events happening in the real world.
    So sorry for not being an elite, dedicated, hardcore PvP or PvE player.
    Or whatever you wanna name us again :D
  • Purpaleslushii
    Purpaleslushii
    ✭✭✭
    Imo summerset and wolfhunter was the Pinnacle of pvp balance. Was there things that needed slight adjustments? Yes but the game was balanced in a way were you couldn't 1vx good players. But if the group you were fighting was bad you could out play them with LOS and picking them off 1 by 1. People kept talking trash to me when ever I commented on a nerf post because I was telling them you can't get 1vxed unless you were bad or made a huge mistake in play. Bad players will always blame the game instead of learning how to play

Preach brother.
  • Purpaleslushii
    Purpaleslushii
    ✭✭✭

Facts.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need PvP and PVE balanced separately but ZOS keeps saying they won't do it, which makes 0 sense
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmfao , PvP takes skill. OP if you think being some big bad in ESO PVP is some kind of gaming achievement lmfao rotfl.
    All the tough awesome PvPers are the ones I have to get summoned in Soulborne games to carry them thru bosses like Orphan cuz they blo.
    The best is when your trying to make it back to your campfire and I’m slaughtering your gank squad and you realize that your soapstone is about to be shoved .....

ESO PVP takes skill 😂🤣😭😅😂🤣
    Edited by jazsper77 on September 30, 2019 3:32PM
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big groups became a thing the moment zonechat was added to the game. Before that everyone was in smal groups or solo. Dropping a "You want to build a group" here and there.

Also you forget that ZOS is not only (if any) making balance adjustments to catering casuals, but also that this is the way they try to improve the server performance.

So it's verry one sighted to only blame casuals, since there are many more factors having an impact on the development of cyrodiil.

As a solo player whos tired of the zergs in the 30 day CP campain, you have the option to go on the emptier 7 day campain or play BGs.
  • Purpaleslushii
    Purpaleslushii
    ✭✭✭
    jazsper77 wrote: »
    Lmfao , PvP takes skill. OP if you think being some big bad in ESO PVP is some kind of gaming achievement lmfao rotfl.
    All the tough awesome PvPers are the ones I have to get summoned in Soulborne games to carry them thru bosses like Orphan cuz they blo.
    The best is when your trying to make it back to your campfire and I’m slaughtering your gank squad and you realize that your soapstone is about to be shoved .....

ESO PVP takes skill 😂🤣😭😅😂🤣

Lmaoo this made me chuckle not gonna lie
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw without casuals spending more in the Crown store then most. You big bad PVP type should be creating TY threads to them.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    As a solo player whos tired of the zergs in the 30 day CP campain, you have the option to go on the emptier 7 day campain or play BGs.
    BGs, please! Yolnahkriin belongs to me, and to me alone.
    ;)
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hilarious part about this thread is that 1vXing only survives as a playstyle due to "Casual" players.

Seriously, successful 1vXing is all about pulling apart a disorganized group who can't or won't work together into choke points, LOS, and into a series of 1v1 fights that allows the solo player to avoid damage while tackling the X a few at a time.

Experienced, non-casual PVPers don't fall for that. They'll either avoid the 1vXer or fight them on a ground of their own choosing. Especially experienced organized groups who actually work together, don't get pulled apart, and take down the 1vXer without much trouble.

Then the whiny whispers start. "You zerged me..."

No duh. Sorry, we're an organized raid with bigger fish to fry. We don't have time to line up for our individual dueling appointments. Go pick on some "casuals" next time and hope you have better luck.
  • JokingInke
    JokingInke
    Soul Shriven
    Um no the first year or 2 at least on console the whales were pvpers most of us bought every costume every cosmetic every mount if for no other reason than to distinguish yourself because everyone looked the same we purchased every dlc too first day the dlc zones were predominantly pvp players