Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ClaSs IdEntify

• usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VixxVexx wrote: »
    I swear there are several punching animations in the game, are there not?
    Just make it a melee ability like Whip, give it a cool punching animation. Rename the morph to something like Poison Jab and make it do some burst Poison Damage every third cast. That way you can align the burst with Leap or something similar. The Poison Damage would also help proc Combustion.

d9f1vzc-1dbad0e1-b6a5-4782-b1dd-9782ac4ebcc4.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzZlYzI1MGQ3LTg3OWMtNDI4ZS05YjU1LTJmOTE2NTQxNjBkOFwvZDlmMXZ6Yy0xZGJhZDBlMS1iNmE1LTQ3ODItYjFkZC05NzgyYWM0ZWJjYzQuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.owSznKLIKTjlFPG9X2FTC9AvRm2flmZW-ufpFZqbwKY

spd.gif

Like this?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With standardization and the nerf/increasing cost of class abilities, identity was thrown thru the window.

Now every class tends to use the same abilities...

Balancing, they say...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well summarised but what for? ZOS does not and hardly ever did take player feedback into account, so what you see on PTS now is final. You will not change their mind.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Well summarised but what for? ZOS does not and hardly ever did take player feedback into account, so what you see on PTS now is final. You will not change their mind.

The roll backs on multiple skills last pts after negative feedback from players gives me some hope.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that Dottz and Fengrush want stun/knockback back on dizzy swing tells me they don't give a *** about class identity..

Read this post..and see how I stripped my class identity for dizzy swing..
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492936/for-all-crying-about-dizzying-swing/p1
    Edited by LuxLunae on September 24, 2019 12:28PM
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »
    The fact that Dottz and Fengrush want stun/knockback back on dizzy swing tells me they don't give a *** about class identity..

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/492936/for-all-crying-about-dizzying-swing/p1

Imagine playing a class in pvp that doesn't have a proper/practical class cc. Imagine losing one of the few options you had from weapon skill lines to be replaced with throwing a poop rock that costs 20k resources for a stun. At least dks got the poop rock. A few of the others didn't get so lucky.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe the video gives an insight on what really goes on in their meetings.

D-swing weapon skill is more important than class skill development. I get why they don't want it changed; but how will not changing the skill further the discussion on developing class identity - which is on the to-do list for ZOS?
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sahidom wrote: »

Maybe the video gives an insight on what really goes on in their meetings.

D-swing weapon skill is more important than class skill development. I get why they don't want it changed; but how will not changing the skill further the discussion on developing class identity - which is on the to-do list for ZOS?

It's nothing to do with dswing being more important than class identity... it's just that it was infinitely better in its live state than the proposed change for supposed "class identity." Seriously 20k resources for a stun? What about alternatives for the other specs that relied heavily on dswing for crowd control?
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options
  • crazywolfpusher
    crazywolfpusher
    ✭✭✭
    I think the effect is debatable. The animation... not so much. Looks bad and it doesnt fit the current ways people play stam dk...
    A big heavy armored warrior doing leaps and using claws while breathing poison.... and then you just... throw a ugly rock.. nah

What could make it more tolerable keeping the original theme of Earthen Heart line is change the animation, and why not use Obsidian Shield/Ash Cloud animation (the stomp part of it)
    A strong stomp onto the ground craking the earth

giphy.gif

And instead of throwing rocks like an earthbender... create a fissure.. and from the fissure... comes poison gas? :D
    in the process change the animation for the healer morph because doesnt make any sense heal by throwing rocks tbh...

Options
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mu class identifies as every other class.
    Options
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That video made me cringe. Not in the sense you are thinking but more or less the content or lack thereof.

Not that I am trying to devalue the opinion of a change to a class but this forum post feels more like the equivalent of a facebook post that is nothing but song lyrics.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
      Options
    • usmguy1234
      usmguy1234
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      That video made me cringe. Not in the sense you are thinking but more or less the content or lack thereof.

Not that I am trying to devalue the opinion of a change to a class but this forum post feels more like the equivalent of a facebook post that is nothing but song lyrics.

Your post ironically did the same for me.
      Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
      Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options
    • ZOS_RogerJ
      ZOS_RogerJ
      ✭✭✭✭
      Remember, it’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread.
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Options
      Staff Post
    • Canned_Apples
      Canned_Apples
      ✭✭✭✭✭

they want the stun back because it's ez-mode against most builds/classes. Nothing new.
      Aside from snipeblades- no stam build that anyone has posted uses anything other than D-swing... that speaks volumes, no?
      Edited by Canned_Apples on September 24, 2019 7:20PM
      Options
    • barney2525
      barney2525
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Wow

All this vitriol over one single skill?

I'm so confused

:#
      Options
    • usmguy1234
      usmguy1234
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      barney2525 wrote: »
      Wow

I'm so confused

Well, whether it was intended or not that skill is a slap to the face. I never really intended this conversation to be completely about dks either. A lot of other specs relied on weapon cc's to be relevant that have slowly been gutted over time. I don't think I have to explain why not having access to a decent cc in pvp is game breaking, especially for solo/small scale players.
      Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
      Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options
    • Kel
      Kel
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      usmguy1234 wrote: »
      Wow

I'm so confused

Well, whether it was intended or not that skill is a slap to the face. I never really intended this conversation to be completely about dks either. A lot of other specs relied on weapon cc's to be relevant that have slowly been gutted over time. I don't think I have to explain why not having access to a decent cc in pvp is game breaking, especially for solo/small scale players.

Exactly this.

Well said and worth quoting.
      Options
    • karekiz
      karekiz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Active Earthern Mastery

When active whenever you Light attack you bring the core of earth around you. Once this reaches 5 stacks when you activate again each rock explodes sending shards doing "X" damage to your target. Duration <15?> Seconds.

Good enough for sorcs.
      Edited by karekiz on September 24, 2019 10:42PM
      Options
    • yRaven
      yRaven
      ✭✭✭✭
      Seeing Dotzz talking about DK on PTS makes me feels bad, i don't even play with DK, but i know how Dotzz likes it... just sad bro
      Edited by yRaven on September 24, 2019 11:17PM
      Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
      -
      Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
      Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
      Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
      Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
      Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
      Options
    • usmguy1234
      usmguy1234
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Kel wrote: »
      Wow

I'm so confused

Exactly this.

Well said and worth quoting.

Thank you!
      Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
      Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options
    • Austinseph1
      Austinseph1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      MEMEFIST ACTIVATE
      Options
    • KillsAllElves
      KillsAllElves
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The stonefist rework has to be on of the dumbest things zo$ implemented. That is just beyond stupid.

As far as this notion that classes are lacking identity is ridiculous and shows how truly ignorant players are.

With the exception of necromancer and warden, they both seem confused on what theyre supposed to be.

Not apples to apples. It's one thing to play a class that never really had an identity to begin with versus one who was truly unique and has been nerfed to utter mediocrity.

The Dk has class identity. The problem is stupid nerfs and reworks. Still the word identity is misused and misunderstood, players really should come up with a better argument.

Like I said before, gaining and losing identity are two different things. There are definitely more than a few specs trying to hold onto what little they have left of their former identities.

Trying to have every class able to fill any role is beyond stupid..

each class should have a specific role and should stick to their roles. Thats class identity.

See you've moved onto a different subject entirely. Anyways having a unique class identity =/= homogenized goo that zos is trying to make every class. It means well defined roles that it can do better than any other class. That doesn't mean the other classes can't do that role, they just aren't as optimal/ efficient at it.

You clearly missed the point.
      Options
    • Juhasow
      Juhasow
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine playing a class in pvp that doesn't have a proper/practical class cc. Imagine losing one of the few options you had from weapon skill lines to be replaced with throwing a poop rock that costs 20k resources for a stun. At least dks got the poop rock. A few of the others didn't get so lucky.

Umm fossilize ?
      Options
    • GeorgeBlack
      GeorgeBlack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Juhasow wrote: »

Umm fossilize ?

Once upon a time?
      Options
    • usmguy1234
      usmguy1234
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The stonefist rework has to be on of the dumbest things zo$ implemented. That is just beyond stupid.

As far as this notion that classes are lacking identity is ridiculous and shows how truly ignorant players are.

With the exception of necromancer and warden, they both seem confused on what theyre supposed to be.

Not apples to apples. It's one thing to play a class that never really had an identity to begin with versus one who was truly unique and has been nerfed to utter mediocrity.

The Dk has class identity. The problem is stupid nerfs and reworks. Still the word identity is misused and misunderstood, players really should come up with a better argument.

Like I said before, gaining and losing identity are two different things. There are definitely more than a few specs trying to hold onto what little they have left of their former identities.

Trying to have every class able to fill any role is beyond stupid..

each class should have a specific role and should stick to their roles. Thats class identity.

See you've moved onto a different subject entirely. Anyways having a unique class identity =/= homogenized goo that zos is trying to make every class. It means well defined roles that it can do better than any other class. That doesn't mean the other classes can't do that role, they just aren't as optimal/ efficient at it.

You clearly missed the point.

The feeling is mutual.
      Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
      Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options
    • Kalante
      Kalante
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The new ult cast time delay is already a joke in itself.
      Options
    • usmguy1234
      usmguy1234
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm fossilize ?

Yeah good luck keeping that and volatile up on a stamdk.
      Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
      Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options
    • daedalusAI
      daedalusAI
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ZOS_RogerJ wrote: »
      Remember, it’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community. If you do not have something constructive or meaningful to add to a discussion, we strongly recommend you refrain from posting in that thread.

Does ZOS even adhere to those enforced standards? The PTS forum is a barren wasteland in terms of ZOS feedback.

On topic: ESO is going the way of WoW BfA in terms of class identity = homogenization and simplification, that way ZOS has fewer values to tweak when attempting to balance the game.
      Options
    • Juhasow
      Juhasow
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Umm fossilize ?

Yeah good luck keeping that and volatile up on a stamdk.

Oh no using magicka based abilities on stamina characters in PvP. How new and unconvetnional. By the same logic You can say to stamblade "yeah good luck keeping shade up while also using fear and cloak". Using magicka abilities on stam setups is nothing new many classes have ben doing it for years now and dk is actually one of the better classes for that since ultis restore him also magicka. Also when it comes to fossilize it's very decent stun since it can never fail to stun someone so You wont waste magicka.
      Edited by Juhasow on September 25, 2019 1:24PM
      Options
    • usmguy1234
      usmguy1234
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      daedalusAI wrote: »
      ZOS_RogerJ wrote: »

Does ZOS even adhere to those enforced standards? The PTS forum is a barren wasteland in terms of ZOS feedback.

On topic: ESO is going the way of WoW BfA in terms of class identity = homogenization and simplification, that way ZOS has fewer values to tweak when attempting to balance the game.

Honestly, they are balancing the game backwards. Homogenization should be done during beta testing. Identity should be added through patches/dlc/etc. Also seeing skill potency adjustments greater than +/- 5 to 10% are just ludicrous.
      Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
      Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options