ClaSs IdEntify

usmguy1234
usmguy1234
✭✭✭✭✭
Video is not mine but I think it speaks volumes to how a lot of people are feeling right now.

https://youtu.be/Ci8nTVff6ZE

#Boom
#Killing it
Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
Eirius- Altmer Magdk
Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• p4l4mu7
    p4l4mu7
    ✭✭✭✭
    The stonefist rework really doesn't make any sense, it was a decent cc skill but they decided to make it a range spammable on a class heavly melee focused as both stam and mag, also seriously who thought that 5 stack -> stun thing, why am I suppose to spend 20k stamina to stun someone and people will dodge most of the time so it will actually cost way more than 20k to stun someone and I'm not even talking about the immovable pot you can just use one on 4th stack. Why would you identify a dragon knight as a guy throwing rocks around.
    I'm totally fine with all the nerfs but some of these skill reworked really bad, do devs really know how combat in this game works.
    Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    p4l4mu7 wrote: »
    The stonefist rework really doesn't make any sense, it was a decent cc skill but they decided to make it a range spammable on a class heavly melee focused as both stam and mag, also seriously who thought that 5 stack -> stun thing, why am I suppose to spend 20k stamina to stun someone and people will dodge most of the time so it will actually cost way more than 20k to stun someone and I'm not even talking about the immovable pot you can just use one on 4th stack. Why would you identify a dragon knight as a guy throwing rocks around.
    I'm totally fine with all the nerfs but some of these skill reworked really bad, do devs really know how combat in this game works.

Atleast give the skill a 50% chance to stun on hit atleast have a chnage to stun 4k stam in rather than 20k
    Options
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stonefist rework has to be on of the dumbest things zo$ implemented. That is just beyond stupid.

As far as this notion that classes are lacking identity is ridiculous and shows how truly ignorant players are.

With the exception of necromancer and warden, they both seem confused on what theyre supposed to be.
    Options
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Like ZoS cares about feedback and ideas, they are to proud and clueless about what they want to do.
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stonefist rework has to be on of the dumbest things zo$ implemented. That is just beyond stupid.

As far as this notion that classes are lacking identity is ridiculous and shows how truly ignorant players are.

With the exception of necromancer and warden, they both seem confused on what theyre supposed to be.

Not apples to apples. It's one thing to play a class that never really had an identity to begin with versus one who was truly unique and has been nerfed to utter mediocrity.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

Options
  • thermatico
    thermatico
    ✭✭✭✭
    After watching the entire thing it is pretty clear that ZOS has completely given up testing abilities before releasing patch notes. This makes me sad.
    Options
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Everytime I get the urge to want to play this game. I start to remember how much Dumb BS they have been doing to destroy this game and I instantly say naw I'm all set.

It's to the point I don't even care to have a good pvp setup anymore I just run around in whatever trait I get and call it a day. Such a godam shame the developers have done to this game.
    Options
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Atleast give the skill a 50% chance to stun on hit atleast have a chnage to stun 4k stam in rather than 20k

Naw they need to not even go fourth with this change period. It's a godamn joke at this point and it needs to stop.
    Options
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    THANK ALL THAT IS HOLY FOR THESE CHANGES. [snip] ive beeen waiting for the stun bot factories to close for some time. now i can DK like its meant to be. a fighter!

[edited for language]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on September 26, 2019 10:37PM
    Options
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    THANK ALL THAT IS HOLY FOR THESE CHANGES. OMFG ive beeen waiting for the stun bot factories to close for some time. now i can DK like its meant to be. a fighter!

You cant because you wont have the Damage anymore.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I expected something original aswell, which is my biggest disappointment this update. Not only its bad in functionality, it also looks like I'm throwing *** at people, and why is this not a melee ability is my biggest concern.

How does someone think of ''Dk identity'' and come up with a ranged spammable? WHAT?

Options
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

Not apples to apples. It's one thing to play a class that never really had an identity to begin with versus one who was truly unique and has been nerfed to utter mediocrity.

The Dk has class identity. The problem is stupid nerfs and reworks. Still the word identity is misused and misunderstood, players really should come up with a better argument.
    Options
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, basically, if they changed the animation to be "cooler" that'd be 50% to 90% of your issues with Stone Fist gone. Angrier looking spammable? I'll phone ZOS right now!
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Dk has class identity. The problem is stupid nerfs and reworks. Still the word identity is misused and misunderstood, players really should come up with a better argument.

Like I said before, gaining and losing identity are two different things. There are definitely more than a few specs trying to hold onto what little they have left of their former identities.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    darkblue5 wrote: »
    So, basically, if they changed the animation to be "cooler" that'd be 50% to 90% of your issues with Stone Fist gone. Angrier looking spammable? I'll phone ZOS right now!

The fact that a melee class got a ranged spammable in an update that was supposed to empower the ''class identity'' of stamDk is the problem.

A new animation would give me actually something to be happy about that is all. Show me that they actually took some time and effort designing this, I would have some hope and the motivation to test things out to the best of my ability and provide feedback.

Unfortunately I've got nothing but rocks with the text ''identity'' written on em , so I might aswell throw them at Gilliam.
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know. Seems kinda OP vs Argonians to me.

giphy.gif
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

giphy.gif

The argonian barelly felt it. It needs 5 more throws.
    Show us the rest of the vid, I say stone fist sucks.
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asked for years to have a stamina poison whip.

Zos gave us rocks to throw instead...
    Options
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said before, gaining and losing identity are two different things. There are definitely more than a few specs trying to hold onto what little they have left of their former identities.

Trying to have every class able to fill any role is beyond stupid..

each class should have a specific role and should stick to their roles. Thats class identity.

Options
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

I blame the morons on the forums that say no to poison whip...
    Options
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

each class should have a specific role and should stick to their roles. Thats class identity.

They did do that, before warden came in.

Dk = tank
    Templar = healer
    NB = stamdps
    Sorc = magdps

But players complained in the forums, saying they shouldn't be stuck in those roles. So devs acceded. And they got flak. So basically the players themselves wanted the change but when it did came, they still complained. Figures.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »

Dk = tank
    Templar = healer
    NB = stamdps
    Sorc = magdps

But players complained in the forums, saying they shouldn't be stuck in those roles. So devs acceded. And they got flak. So basically the players themselves wanted the change but when it did came, they still complained. Figures.

Not quite. When we asked for classes to do more than one thing, that didn;t mean, "Zos please take away everything that was ever unique or distinctive away from the class."
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=11985031
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »

Dk = tank
    Templar = healer
    NB = stamdps
    Sorc = magdps

That was never implemented in the game at the beginning.

The developer has a lack of imagination when it comes to class design.

l
    Options
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KageNin wrote: »
    Like ZoS cares about feedback and ideas, they are to proud and clueless about what they want to do.
    That's why ESO is hemorrhaging players. A year ago ESO was a serious contender to WoW and FF, now it became niche again.
    Options
  • Centurionax
    Centurionax
    ✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

So you want a mag dk with vigor instead of shields? If u want to whip someone you should play mag dk
    Options
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My god, I thought all the stam dks were just a bunch of [snip] after finally getting a spammable but jeeeeeesus that animation is bad.

DRAGON [snip] KNIGHT

Not, [snip]

[edited for circumventing profanity filter]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on September 24, 2019 6:24PM
    Options
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

See you've moved onto a different subject entirely. Anyways having a unique class identity =/= homogenized goo that zos is trying to make every class. It means well defined roles that it can do better than any other class. That doesn't mean the other classes can't do that role, they just aren't as optimal/ efficient at it.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk

Options
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I MISS WROBEL. YA I SAID IT.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

Options
  • VixxVexx
    VixxVexx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear there are several punching animations in the game, are there not?
    Just make it a melee ability like Whip, give it a cool punching animation. Rename the morph to something like Poison Jab and make it do some burst Poison Damage every third cast. That way you can align the burst with Leap or something similar. The Poison Damage would also help proc Combustion.

d9f1vzc-1dbad0e1-b6a5-4782-b1dd-9782ac4ebcc4.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzZlYzI1MGQ3LTg3OWMtNDI4ZS05YjU1LTJmOTE2NTQxNjBkOFwvZDlmMXZ6Yy0xZGJhZDBlMS1iNmE1LTQ3ODItYjFkZC05NzgyYWM0ZWJjYzQuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.owSznKLIKTjlFPG9X2FTC9AvRm2flmZW-ufpFZqbwKY
    Options