Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Who else is SICK AND TIRED of having your weapon between your feet

• molliemayhem
    LOL, I get that invisible bow thing all the time, however the person playing with me says they can still see it. Haven't ever seen the sitting on the staff thing, though! Looks painful! I see people running on their mounts all the time but so far it's only happened to me once. (fingers crossed)
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Throxx wrote: »
    PC users can pick up an addon called clutch to fix that. Shouldn't be necessary but sadly it is.

So crazy that a player can fix the issue with an addon that literally shows how to fix it in the code, yet the developer wont even bother to apply such a simple fix to the actual game. :D

Clutch Addon Link (sorry console):
    https://esoui.com/downloads/info2302-Clutch.html
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • scubasteve28
    scubasteve28
    ✭✭
    There are more important things for zos to focus on. Minor bugs that you can fix yourself in game should be bottom on the to do list. Make the game run properly first
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are more important things for zos to focus on. Minor bugs that you can fix yourself in game should be bottom on the to do list. Make the game run properly first

You really think they can make the game work when they can't fix crap like this and running on your horse? Because I'm sure they have tried lawl
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's still worth mentioning and reminding. A lot of things have been ignored and neglected for a long time. This is far from the worst issue in the game, but it should still be fixed.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The entire community knows what the one important thing ZOS focus is always on, and never has any issues or even minor bugs and very little downtime. 👑👑👑

...meanwhile, when the same issues with the actual game go on unfixed for literal YEARS without any sign of fixing them, not just bandaids, but ACTUAL fixes. That my friend is WHY the game does not run properly in the first place. All of these "minor" things have added up to be major problems like we are seeing now. The question I have to ask are things too deep to fix at this point without a major rewrite of the game? I think the upcoming fixes are part of that logic, but to what effect it will have is another question. I'm nervous about what other issues will be unearthed in the process. Hoping for the best but I'm highly apprehensive.

Edited by scorpius2k1 on December 4, 2019 2:59PM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EVERY DAMN TIME, and you think this would be a priority seeing as they SELL you outfit slots and Relic weapons so you can look at them dragging on the damn ground. Everything else aside you think this could be fixed.
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate paying for the Ebony blade only to bow-surf during a BG.

I guess it's particularly frustrating when you paid for that weapon.

FIX IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Deohjo
    Deohjo
    ✭✭
    someone yoinked the gamebryo(DAoC) codes that why
    and never fixed. Never
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t had this happen in a long time — I think having “Hide Polymorph Helmet” toggled off prevents the issue. Instead “equip” hide helm from the appearance collections menu or apply it to your outfit. I do on occasion have my weapon disappear entirely (I think when certain actions are interrupted in combat?) buy this is quickly fixed by weapon swap.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh personally I luv the bug that causes my weapons get graphically swap’d for which bar they represent...

Shooting fireballs from my sword
    or
    Swinging my staff like a club
    Is actually quite fun n...lol
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bothered me for months until I found out about the Clutch addon, which I am now using. Amazing that they couldn't give it priority since it's so prevalent and intrusive.
  • jm42
    jm42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't fix it with addon just for lulz, especially when running through water it looks like you are surfing on your staff
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen this happen. Ever. O.o

And I'm not saying it doesn't happen...
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have never seen this happen. Ever. O.o

And I'm not saying it doesn't happen...

Lucky you...
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that toggling a costume or hat will fix this. Not the best solution, but one that works.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    How it feels when your twohander goes invisible...
    tumblr_ne15ffAXXl1s5f9ado1_500.gif

They should honestly make a Wind Sword motif. I think it’d look pretty good on a Stamina Sorcerer since they already have Hurricane lol
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best is snb, looks like a skateboard.

And if zos is reading and is like "oh look they find it funny, it's fine"

.... Reassess what we actually find funny here
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got excited when I saw a Z in this thread, hoping to see that a dev would give us an official statement about this widespread, extremely common issue.

I left with a huge case of disappointment after I saw it was only a "play nice" post. >:U
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    I got excited when I saw a Z in this thread, hoping to see that a dev would give us an official statement about this widespread, extremely common issue.

I left with a huge case of disappointment after I saw it was only a "play nice" post. >:U

It's classic zos move, my old account was banned because I kept asking about shadow image when it was broken for over a year
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cover4.jpg
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of questions for those who have used Clutch and/or Hide Polymorph Helmet or who are familiar with programming:

Clutch fixes this bug for me upon entering a new zone, but if the issue occurs in the middle of an instance (like when I’m afflicted by the debuff pools in Lair of Maarselok), then I have to use the keybind or toggle hide helmet manually. Why does this bug occur upon transitioning zones or being afflicted with the debuff pool, and how does toggling Hide Helmet (which Clutch automates) fix it?

Why does keeping the Hide Polymorph Helmet option on permanently supposedly fix it 100% of the time when it’s otherwise required to *toggle* Hide Helmet in Collections? And has anyone tested Hide Polymorph Helmet in the LoM pools? Does it work passively there too?
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind the weapon i got between my legs ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°).
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never had this happen until recently. Had no idea what people were talking about.

Now I'm having it happen at least once a play session with one of my characters. The others are fine, but for some reason the artificer likes riding on his clockwork apostle bow. I mean, yes, he's really into gears, but... I mean... it's a little much even for him.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is still a major problem. Just had it happen to me in IC. By the time I realized it, the zerg was already upon me.
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only happened to me once so I don't have a big feeling about it.

But I DO love it when I resurrect but my body doesn't get up and I slide all over the ground. I don't know why, but I always find myself making "vroom vroom" sounds.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoolielulu wrote: »

But I DO love it when I resurrect but my body doesn't get up and I slide all over the ground. I don't know why, but I always find myself making "vroom vroom" sounds.

Good. it's not just me then.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I make sure to swap to front bar before porting anywhere. it's annoying, but avoidable.

Just another one of those things that should have been fixed long ago.

Things like this, the weird bugs like this and running on your horse the weird thing when you jump and like kinda slide sometimes. If they did an entire patch to fix these with no new content or changes at all, everyone would be excited. Call it the house cleaning patch and be done with it.

It would be great if they could actually address all the issues like this all at once, immediately. And they are addressing issues constantly via the patch updates, irrespective of the development of new content.

However, I disagree that anyone would be excited. No one will be saying “wow, fixes” in the same way they said “wow dragons” or “wow Necros” or “wow Skyrim”. There won’t be any hype about it and player numbers will drop a bit as they do between DLC releases, only the drop will be larger and for longer.

Fixes will be great, they’ll benefit all the players, but they won’t sell any games or bring in new players, both of which are things ZOS need to do to keep the game going.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i like riding my shield and sword ty please dont take my eso skateboard away
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    image0.jpg