Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Who else is SICK AND TIRED of having your weapon between your feet

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if someone not sure what's exact happened on previous screen:)
    mauled.png

They said orc was OP but not like this! :o
    you-cant-take-all-those-groceries-in-one-trip-me-24906946.png
    Edited by max_only on September 23, 2019 1:23AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just chiming in to say, yep, over it. Especially frustrating to have bought a crown store weapon pack and then have this visual bug constantly.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • Malnutrition
    Malnutrition
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS has more important things to do. Example: Constantly changing [undertuning / overtuning / breaking] skills and gear every single DLC.
    Edited by Malnutrition on September 23, 2019 1:33AM
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens consistently on one of my characters and never to any of the others. Still have no idea what I'm doing differently on the one.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am more sick and tired of rebuilding my characters every 3 months

Graphics glitches with weapons or running on top of your horse, although annoying, are minor in comparison
    Beta tester November 2013
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Between my feet, no. Through my head, yes. It happens when a weapon is still drawn and I go to the menu screen. Next thing I know my own sword is going through my head.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Glory you've been by boy/lady/airplane lately bring this up pretty please with a cherry on top
  • Mizunogaki
    Mizunogaki
    Soul Shriven
    dats true. Need to fix
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Costa Rica and go surfing. surfing around make me fee like home :)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This had been going on for so long I don't even remember when it started. This is the most annoying thing ever. Yeah I know, "jUsT gO iNTo cOLlEcTIoNs aNd ToGgLe HeLm"

But really?

Like... Really?

Just open up your collections and go to the outfitter. That fixes it.

jk

I would describe it as a nuisance, but it's not something that particularly disturbs my gaming experience. This bug has been around forever though so it would be nice if they could fix it - along with several of the other display bugs.
    Edited by Jeremy on September 26, 2019 3:55AM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's EXTREMELY annoying in battlegrounds when your weapon suddenly disappears and you can't reequip it because you're stuck in combat.
  • oghannon_ESO
    oghannon_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Throxx wrote: »
    PC users can pick up an addon called clutch to fix that. Shouldn't be necessary but sadly it is.

THANK YOU!!!

Every.Single.Time I do a zone change where a loading screen occurs, THIS happens. I thought it was because I'm a poor Warden with a malcontent bear. Now I know bettah.

(On a side note, does anyone remember playing Lord of the Rings Online (LoTRO)? They had a recurring bug from BETA that--at least until I stopped playing that game in 2009--caused your nameplate to disappear whenever you logged in.)
    Edited by oghannon_ESO on September 26, 2019 4:21AM
  • rei91
    rei91
    ✭✭✭
    Yep this and also different staves on my mages looking same because of over-carrying sprite - the same bug but different implementation. Every single day, multiple times. Ridiculous.
    Edit: and no this is not "minor bug" because with mages I can't tell which bar I'm on without going into menu every single time or hitting wrong skills!
    Edited by rei91 on September 26, 2019 4:48AM
  • rei91
    rei91
    ✭✭✭
    Oh And I see people here connect it with your helmet options. The fact is, I have helms disabled on everyone since the beginning and still have the bug every day.
    How can your weapon even be connected to your helmet? Whut?
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    I can show you my hammer ingame.

Sry, that topic was such a bait xD
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    bearbelly wrote: »
    What are you referring to? A visual aid would be helpful because I don't think I've experienced whatever it is.

pGmKVUN.png

As you can see, I have my bow drawn but it's invisible and instead the sword from my secondary bar is floating between my feet.

It happens when changing zones (or anything else with a loading screen) while having your secondary bar active. Not always but annoyingly often.

What is the motif of those shoes/boots ?
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Problems is Battlegrounds is when i swap weapons with my stamsorcerer, if i'm using dual wield in one bar and hand/ shield in another, then i see always my one hand weapon of the hand/shield bar.

It is bad, because i can not optic differentiate in which mode i am and sometimes i was clicking skills thinking i was in my hand/shield bar, or swaping to my hand/shield bar thinking i'm in it already.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teladoy wrote: »
    My Problems is Battlegrounds is when i swap weapons with my stamsorcerer, if i'm using dual wield in one bar and hand/ shield in another, then i see always my one hand weapon of the hand/shield bar.

It is bad, because i can not optic differentiate in which mode i am and sometimes i was clicking skills thinking i was in my hand/shield bar, or swaping to my hand/shield bar thinking i'm in it already.

what race is ur stamsorc?
    at a place nobody knows
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.. it's the disappearing gear that's annoying to me. I spend time at the outfit station prettying up my character for a reason.. I wanna see the fruits of my labour.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    What are you referring to? A visual aid would be helpful because I don't think I've experienced whatever it is.

pGmKVUN.png

As you can see, I have my bow drawn but it's invisible and instead the sword from my secondary bar is floating between my feet.

It happens when changing zones (or anything else with a loading screen) while having your secondary bar active. Not always but annoyingly often.

Horned Dragon?
  • Haink
    Haink
    ✭✭
    dannnggggg, didn't know about toggling helm. Thanks fellas. That should be in every patch notes as "quality of life improvement tip" since they clearly aren't going to fix this.

• Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This had been going on for so long I don't even remember when it started. This is the most annoying thing ever. Yeah I know, "jUsT gO iNTo cOLlEcTIoNs aNd ToGgLe HeLm"

But really?

Like... Really?

Don't know about you, but my "weapon" is always dangling between my feet... ba dum dum tss...

I couldnt resist... I'll get my coat.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to those who recommending hiding polymorph helm as a permanent solution. I haven't experienced the problem at all since enabling this. Including a screenshot for anyone having trouble finding it in settings.

TH8ZfUI.jpg
  • ArenGesus
    ArenGesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if someone not sure what's exact happened on previous screen:)
    mauled.png

It's just the new prison pocket mount that gives you one extra weapon storage account wide.
    Edited by ArenGesus on September 26, 2019 4:31PM
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tired of having our weapon between of our feet?

How about tired of having our staff in the place of our greatsword?

84s6rDg.jpg
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd, never seen this in my life.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Odd, never seen this in my life.

My character is a tank but when I dont do dungeons, I use dps sets. Sometimes I forget the Ice staff on the backbar and when I swap to use a backbar skill, this happens 50% of the time.
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on September 26, 2019 4:42PM
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »

pGmKVUN.png

Mercenary (Medium)
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that a weapon between your feet or are you just happy to see me?
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It ruin the immersion and I always insist on sorting it out even if I just started a dungeon 😡