Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Who else is SICK AND TIRED of having your weapon between your feet

• barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »
    also someone teach OP the diff between upper and lower case :)

there's a difference?

:#
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    bearbelly wrote: »
    What are you referring to? A visual aid would be helpful because I don't think I've experienced whatever it is.

pGmKVUN.png

As you can see, I have my bow drawn but it's invisible and instead the sword from my secondary bar is floating between my feet.

It happens when changing zones (or anything else with a loading screen) while having your secondary bar active. Not always but annoyingly often.

must be a new hidden passive. You are so lucky :)

:#
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was born male, I cant help it
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I get that bug all the time with my stamina characters. I've submitted bug reports about it, but either it's low priority for them to fix, or else it's not something that can be fixed easily. Not sure which it is, but the bug's still there.

They did fix it. Then they broke it again.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh is that a weapon between your feet.. I thought you were just happy to see me.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Goren
    Goren
    ✭✭✭
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the info that switching hide helm off and on fixes this weapon issue! :smiley: It does really bother me when it happens but hated to have to relog!
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    What are you referring to? A visual aid would be helpful because I don't think I've experienced whatever it is.

pGmKVUN.png
    As you can see, I have my bow drawn but it's invisible and instead the sword from my secondary bar is floating between my feet.

It happens when changing zones (or anything else with a loading screen) while having your secondary bar active. Not always but annoyingly often.

Well, you need to practice more to be successful at the 180 kick-slash with your Skatesword.
    Especially being an elf, you should be proficient in Skateswording. Bit more practice and you should have epic 360 kickstabs here soon.

Don't forget about a 180 kickstab into the 360 roundslice
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    I was born male, I cant help it

If your weapon is dragging on the floor, please consult your physician immediately.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes it a total pain in PvP also, I don't Stam all too often but I magplar so I'm always shield surfing. But the otherday in discord my buddy was getting flustered of struggling a with a few combos goes "MY [snip] SWORD IS BETWEEN MY FEET!"

We all started dieing laughing, I mainly magnb so I just get the light attack and poison animation at my feet mainly. I didn't think about the heavy attack into crit rush or what ever skill you queue up to pull the combo. He goes "man I'm standing on my weapon and it's hard to figure out where I am in the heavy attack"

Seems kinda game breaking for a Stam burst, keep in mind I'm mag player

[edited for circumventing profanity filter]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on September 26, 2019 12:38AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    I am sick at running over my horse.

lmNA5.gif

Though, seriously, that one's easy enough to fix, and you can almost control when it triggers. If it bothers you just stop moving for about a second, your character will settle into the saddle, and will stay there.

More amusing is when your character's legs clip 45 degrees to the side. Still trying to figure out how to get that to happen.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Is this issue apparent across all platforms or only PC, and if only PC is there an addon that causes it?

I know of no addon that could possibly cause this. No addon affects in-game models/visuals.

Except that an addon apparently fixes it...

Which addon is that? The only fix I've seen mentioned is "Hide Polymorph Hat" - but that's a built-in option, not an addon. Addons most certainly do not have the ability to affect game models like that.

One called Clutch apparently, it's mentioned several times in this thread.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this issue apparent across all platforms or only PC, and if only PC is there an addon that causes it?

I know of no addon that could possibly cause this. No addon affects in-game models/visuals.

Which addon is that? The only fix I've seen mentioned is "Hide Polymorph Hat" - but that's a built-in option, not an addon. Addons most certainly do not have the ability to affect game models like that.

I will check out clutch, but I mean should we really have to depend on third party software to fix a bug? Like they fix all kinds of dumb stuff like this.

I enjoy add-ons but sometimes I feel we would be better off without them, the allow the development to ignore key issues on the chance someone "might" fix it. Just think of how long it took them to make a decent guild store model, yeah there was " an awesome guild store" add-on. But that just prolonged thier lazyness imo
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sick and tired? I wouldn't use that term for a visual bug on a video game.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sick and tired? I wouldn't use that term for a visual bug on a video game.

Ok well I am highly annoyed and agitated
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I will check out clutch, but I mean should we really have to depend on third party software to fix a bug? Like they fix all kinds of dumb stuff like this.

I enjoy add-ons but sometimes I feel we would be better off without them, the allow the development to ignore key issues on the chance someone "might" fix it. Just think of how long it took them to make a decent guild store model, yeah there was " an awesome guild store" add-on. But that just prolonged thier lazyness imo

Certainly it's only the availability of add-ons on PC that keeps the current trading system going, without them the outcry against such a ridiculous system would be overwhelming.

Keeping the default UI very basic and allowing it to be complemented by add-ons was of course a pre-requisite of making an online version of TES.

None of which is any consolation to console players of course, but then I've played ESO on PC since launch and have never used a single add-on.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    How we used to see our characters before Scalebreaker
    old-weapons-bug.png
    How it became in Scalebreaker patch!
    new-weapons-bug.png

not only between feets:))

(posted this before in https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/post/editdiscussion/493240)
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    if someone not sure what's exact happened on previous screen:)
    mauled.png
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The addon basically automates a hide helm rotation on a keybind or when the character becomes active after going through an area transition.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just annoyed.. been annoyed about this for what, about 2 years now and going now..
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Just annoyed.. been annoyed about this for what, about 2 years now and going now..

No, they did fix it, briefly. Then they broke it again.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the same issue but I've also found that when I have 2 staves on a char with different graphics they suddenly become the same graphic, I'd originally done 2 different so i could visually confirm which I had up, restoration or destruction, paid the larger fee for the different artifact styles I bought from the crown store, now it seems like a waste. My tank also winds up with his spellbreaker shield underground, so much for the fancy paid for graphic... I'll still buy the artifact styles but PLEASE fix this...
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert

As you can see alot of the player base is annoyed with this. Could we at least get a response as to if, when, or why this will or will not be fixed?

It's all I want, if you say "well it's gonna take a ton of coding or w/e and were working on other things atm but we will get to it"

than I'll just say "cool ok well when you get the time :)"

It's the fact y'all say nothing that is the biggest annoyance to me.
  • CoronHR
    CoronHR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the addon Clutch works for me. i haven't had a problem since
    PC - EU - Steam client
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah. Yeah, that one just automates an already existing in-game option, though. My point still stands - this sort of thing is well outside the capabilities of addons being the culprit, and even the addon fix isn't actually a fix so much as it's using in-game options to correct it.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on September 22, 2019 6:44PM
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »

pGmKVUN.png

Well, you need to practice more to be successful at the 180 kick-slash with your Skatesword.
    Especially being an elf, you should be proficient in Skateswording. Bit more practice and you should have epic 360 kickstabs here soon.

Don't forget about a 180 kickstab into the 360 roundslice

That... that... Would look epic landing that into a full guard-skull-grind.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Skate 3
    Edited by Vhozek on September 22, 2019 11:06PM
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How it feels when your twohander goes invisible...
    tumblr_ne15ffAXXl1s5f9ado1_500.gif
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use clutch, but I wish it didn't require that. I don't know what causes it or how to keep it from happening.
  • EchoirVarsoj
    EchoirVarsoj
    ✭✭
    Yes, imagine people spending on Style weapons and having to deal with these annoying and recurrent issues.

And it's not a minor bug, in my case, when doing BGs being able to watch your attacks animation is helpful, they are indicators of what my characters is doing, and not having a visible weapon makes it hard to coordinate.