Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Bristleneck War Boar (waitasecond... WHAT!?)

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO + launches:
    Fallout 1st releases to follow the ESO + model: No one likes that

ESO has some great whales that are willing to defend a forced pay for convenience which is basically P2W 101.

Worth noting:

ESO was a subscription MMO at launch. ESO+ was added later, specifically including subsequent DLC content as part of the price.

F76 is not an MMO, it's a survival sandbox. F1st's features, such as scrap storage, were bugged at release. Additionally, one of the features, Private Servers, are not, in fact, private, and were promised to be on the way before F76 launched. Beyond that F76 has a lot of issues, including undocumented balance changes that have had a negative effect on consumer trust for the product.

Note the key word there: Undocumented balance changes.

ESO may be annoying players with balance changes, but F76 frequently changes things and doesn't tell anyone about that change. Such as altering the decay rate of food before dropping a fridge in the game to bring the decay rate back into a manageable range. Because it was undocumented, there were a lot of people speculating that it was a bug, because no one knew if this was something Bethesda did intentionally, or if it was a screwup.
    Edited by starkerealm on November 12, 2019 3:29AM
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kapachia wrote: »
    xaraan wrote: »
    How is 5 inventory space p2w lol... you realise that subbing to the game gives you an unlimited inventory for crafting mats. I guess thats P2W now too

Any character upgrades you can buy in the crown store that you cannot get in game are P2W imo.

This is simply not true. firstly you can obtain them via ingame means - buy the crowns via gold.
    Secondly to "win" they need to be a combat advantage above that of an ingame item. 5 inventory doesn't currently do damage or increase healing.

Anything that gives you an advantage over others is pay to win or pay to play you can call it convenience all you like but for everyone without money to just throw into the game that's the pay part of it all its an limitation given to them solely because of the fact they don't have the money

I am sure you are upset about the ESO+ also. Clearly ESO+ is "pay to win" or "pay to play".

Ive said it over 100 times ESO+ WAS THE STARTING POINT OF THIS DOWN FALL IN THE GAME just hold off you'll get added mount speed here shortly then an damage/healing buff after because you all defend this action like its an good one
    If you know how many request have been made over the last 3 years for more player space you'd get that this was an P2W tactic but i guess a lot aint in the TRADEMARK of the game to see how extra space gives an average over them that dont use money after buying an game
    But in the end i dont play anymore so keep paying they'll add the 🌎 if you buy into it all
    Options
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Browart wrote: »
    Beginning of p2w lets start!

first skyshards, skill lines, now small increase inv pet, lets wait for next patches :)

Eh about time ZOS killed the community and made most people leave except the whales. Game's apparently going downhill anyways in many people's eyes. I'll keep paying for a while until i get all the lore out of the game and then drop too, I guess.
    Edited by Nyladreas on November 27, 2019 11:52AM
    Options
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since I bought the Boar I've single-handedly won every deathmatch I've played. Thanks p2w Boar :smiley:
    Options
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO+ already doubles your inventory space, so how is this any different than that? Either way, this is a product being sold by a business, not given away by a charity dedicated to helping along indigent gamers. You can't have a "well" maintained online game and get everything for free for everyone. Someone has to pay somewhere along the line, and it should be worth it for them to do so.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »
    ESO+ already doubles your inventory space, so how is this any different than that?

ESO+ is free for a few days every few months.

But let's ignore that and look at it from a different angle: I can pay $15 for a month sub, for which I would get the usage of an extra 240 slots, plus effectively unlimited storage of anything the game considers a crafting item. Or I could pay $15 for a Crown Pack* to pay for 5 slots.

That's roughly the same price** for...about 2% of the space.***

*I'm not counting potential Crown sales, or the discount for buying a bigger Crown Pack, because sales are sporadic and the discount has been inconsistent, and if you're buying the bigger pack either you end up spending more in the way of actual money just for the pig, or you're planning to buy something else in addition to the pig, in which case it stops being a price comparison of "ESO+ vs. pig" and starts being a price comparison of "ESO+ vs. pig + X" which is outside the scope of this post.

**Yes there will be a few Crowns left over. SFAIK there is no way to get exactly 1200 Crowns, so either you'll be paying the $15 or you'll be paying more than that.

***"But ESO+ is temporary! The spaces go away if you stop subbing!" This is true...to a point. ALL the goodies in your Craft Bag stay in the Craft Bag until you take them out or use them. Anything you pick up after the sub ends goes in your inventory, but there are A LOT of items you could pick up a handful of and conceivably never pick them up again, or else pick them up so slowly a free ESO+ trial rolls around by the time you're wishing for space again. Style stones are a big culprit here. When's the last time you went to Orsinium? Cassiterite Sand drops there and no where else. Ditto for Soot in Hew's Bane. You haven't been running Trials? Star Sapphires, Defiled Whiskers, etc. aren't going to be something you'll find. But if you had a handful of all those things when you subbed, they will always be there for that Master Writ or piece of furniture down the line, and as long as they're there you can safely trash, sell, or ignore any extras you find.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
    Options
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thing with it is this. Why not just have the pack merchant sell us another bag, rather than pay for 5 more slots?
    Options
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's this I heard about a quest to obtain this in-game? Anyone have more information?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    News to me
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    News to me

Apparently there is no quest and this is just another step towards p2w territory.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    News to me

Apparently there is no quest and this is just another step towards p2w territory.

They do love to push the envelope to see what happens.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options