The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Bristleneck War Boar (waitasecond... WHAT!?)

• DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beginning of p2w lets start!

first skyshards, skill lines, now small increase inv pet, lets wait for next patches :)
    Edited by DarkPicture on September 16, 2019 11:32PM
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the look of this piggy and was already excited about it when it was datamined. I rather dislike the inventory increase mechanic, either, though. Also, this will likely mean the boar will be much more expensive than regular pets, for 5 measly inventory slots I personally don't need (bank space, on the other hand...).
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    why is it this ugly boar when it could be the adorable pack rat that is already in the game
    d9k8jvi61b20.png

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phoebe wrote: »
    I really like the look of this piggy and was already excited about it when it was datamined. I rather dislike the inventory increase mechanic, either, though. Also, this will likely mean the boar will be much more expensive than regular pets, for 5 measly inventory slots I personally don't need (bank space, on the other hand...).

If it is, in fact, earnable in game, then it's cool, and this thread was premature. I guess we'll see.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If it is, in fact, earnable in game, then it's cool, and this thread was premature. I guess we'll see.

Premature thread, ON THESE FORUMS?! Why I never.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    We are way past the beginning IMO. They've danced on the line for a bit, this is clear cross the line and inching slowly forward.

Yeah, when it comes to monetization, that "line" has always been mounted on wheels. You never have to cross the line when you can just move it.

Also, they very rarely ever back away from their new line position.

Additionally, I don't know why people think this is going to be a Crown Store item. Just because that is how it is presented on PTS? If it hits the game, I fully expect it to be a Crown Crate Apex item.

By the way... if you buy this, name it "Zenimax Online Studios". The description even fits! Hungry and Hungrier!
    Edited by Elsonso on September 16, 2019 11:35PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the way... if you buy this, name it "Zenimax Online Studios". The description even fits! Hungry and Hungrier!
    Actually, I already decided on "Boaris".
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Premature thread, ON THESE FORUMS?! Why I never.

I am shocked, shocked to hear there's ****posting on these forums.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why is it this ugly boar when it could be the adorable pack rat that is already in the game
    d9k8jvi61b20.png

just request it enough they will add it I mean there's two different Merchants now you know the new little kitty cat
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like him!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think pets giving individual vanity buffs while you have equipped them is a fun and great idea

they should only work while you have equipped them and individual - things like
    + bag space
    + run speed or less sprinting cost
    + better refinement
    + better or faster gathering
    etc etc
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whens a big one coming. I want to ride that sucka
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is 5 inventory space p2w lol... you realise that subbing to the game gives you an unlimited inventory for crafting mats. I guess thats P2W now too

Any character upgrades you can buy in the crown store that you cannot get in game are P2W imo.

This is simply not true. firstly you can obtain them via ingame means - buy the crowns via gold.
    Secondly to "win" they need to be a combat advantage above that of an ingame item. 5 inventory doesn't currently do damage or increase healing.

Buying crown gifts with gold is not the same the obtaining an item in game. Sorry, that's a stretch.

P2W isn't literally, I give you money and I hit a button and win every fight. It's selling character upgrades in a store that you can only get via their own money system of crowns.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    Getting 5 extra inventory slots doesn't make you superior to others, so I don't consider this a P2W feature. Sure, it's P2*make-things-a-tad-more-convenient*, but 205 inv. spaces vs. 200 doesn't give you an edge against your opponent in Cyro, etc..

However, making it obtainable through somewhat lengthy in-game gameplay/quests wouldn't be too bad as an alternative, for those not willing/able to purchase it with crowns. Like needing to complete certain Boarish quests once a day for a total of 14/28 days, slowly building up the option to get it for free.
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So a non combat pet that gives 5 inventory slot is not ok, but ESO+ benefits are ok... :|

All the BiS gear or even entire parts of the game(jewelrycrafting/transmutation) locked behind paywall and this is what people label as pay to win.

As I said time and time again this community truly has absolutely no clue as to what is pay to win and what is convenience.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a non combat pet that gives 5 inventory slot is not ok, but ESO+ benefits are ok... :|

All the BiS gear or even entire parts of the game(jewelrycrafting/transmutation) locked behind paywall and this is what people label as pay to win.

As I said time and time again this community truly has absolutely no clue as to what is pay to win and what is convenience.

First of all, there really isn't "BiS" in ESO, no matter how hard Alcast tries to make it a thing. There's way more build flexibility. Additionally, a lot of the top tier sets are available to base game players.

Second, I haven't called this P2W. It's a dramatic departure from how the crown store has functioned, though. It's been, "okay, well, here's the option to buy inventory slots for this character. Or you can pay gold." Where as this is, "here's 5 slots if you cough up some cash, and you cannot get to this point without it."

Is it P2W? No. No, it's not. It is however a significant change, and deserves some discussion.
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭

Is it P2W? No. No, it's not. It is however a significant change, and deserves some discussion.

It has the potential, and that is the concern.

"I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, yeah... but just compare it to ESO+ and ask a question what should be bigger concern....

tbh. ZOS should simply make bank cap increase every time there is a new chapter. So you buy new chapter (that has a lot of new crafting mats) and your bank space cap is increased. Simple.

But what we got was a twisted version of it... Not that I am complaining, it is a good alternative for those who dont find subscription model attractive and they want to struggle less with inventory management mini-game.
    It just could have been executed better. Like why do we need a pet ? And why it is bundled with a pet ? Does indeed feel like ZOS wanted to turn attention from us (imagine if they simply sold +5 inventory upgrade instead...)

imho What they should have sold is +10 bank upgrade (above 240 cap)... and sell it once a year when there is a new chapter.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... This is that boar that is in the store now? Sigh. Figures.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... This is that boar that is in the store now? Sigh. Figures.

Yeah.
  • kapachia
    kapachia
    ✭✭✭
    So, without further info on this, I've got reservations about this.

This is on the PTS:

H2HMeJW.jpg

On the surface I'm fine with this little critter, except, this one actually increases your inventory, permanently.

mdIdLNv.jpg

So, that's a character with a max inventory capacity of 205.

This is not okay. Maybe if it's going to be available in game, somehow, and then also as a crown buy around. But, I seriously hope this thing shows up somewhere else in the game and isn't a crown store exclusive, or that's going to be paying for advantages, not just convenience.

What is difference between paying $ for ESO+ and getting double inventory vs paying crown/$ for ugly boar and getting extra 5 inventory?

How can you be OK with ESO+?
  • kapachia
    kapachia
    ✭✭✭
    How is 5 inventory space p2w lol... you realise that subbing to the game gives you an unlimited inventory for crafting mats. I guess thats P2W now too

Any character upgrades you can buy in the crown store that you cannot get in game are P2W imo.

This is simply not true. firstly you can obtain them via ingame means - buy the crowns via gold.
    Secondly to "win" they need to be a combat advantage above that of an ingame item. 5 inventory doesn't currently do damage or increase healing.

Anything that gives you an advantage over others is pay to win or pay to play you can call it convenience all you like but for everyone without money to just throw into the game that's the pay part of it all its an limitation given to them solely because of the fact they don't have the money

I am sure you are upset about the ESO+ also. Clearly ESO+ is "pay to win" or "pay to play".
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol

paying real $$ for 5 more inventory space that will give you.... what advantage in accessing the content?

i understand this way of thinking, but before it becomes a valid concern, let's look at the purchased skill lines, purchased scrolls to get your mount faster, ESO+ and literally unlimited number of space (for your materials), etc....

this is in NO WAY should be flagged as a drastic change to what's already been happening.

PS: i named mine "Pumba". he smells.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Mewillow
    Mewillow
    ✭✭
    It's 1200 crowns... For 5 inventory slots... Who thought this makes any sense?? Sure, the boar looks cool, but the price is outrageous.
    PC EU
    Mains
    EP - Stands-In-Gale - DK Tank - Argonian - (almost) master crafter
    EP - Sarisi Thelion - NB DPS - Dunmer

Alt
    DC - Bashbut Oluruk - NB DPS - Orc
    EP - Rivalea Nilvrani - Necro DPS - Dunmer
    AD - Viralirelion Elsinor - Sorc DPS - Altmer
  • JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I think they are testing the waters to see if people will buy into it. Which sadly I see a lot of people with this new pet. So my assumption is they will start adding pets to the crownstore with other benefits like an imp that automatically harvest crafting materials as you pass them by....
  • Mewillow
    Mewillow
    ✭✭
    JadonSky wrote: »
    [snip] an imp that automatically harvest crafting materials as you pass them by....

That's heavily skirting the bot territory imho :/

PC EU
    Mains
    EP - Stands-In-Gale - DK Tank - Argonian - (almost) master crafter
    EP - Sarisi Thelion - NB DPS - Dunmer

Alt
    DC - Bashbut Oluruk - NB DPS - Orc
    EP - Rivalea Nilvrani - Necro DPS - Dunmer
    AD - Viralirelion Elsinor - Sorc DPS - Altmer
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    ESO + launches:
    Fallout 1st releases to follow the ESO + model: No one likes that

ESO has some great whales that are willing to defend a forced pay for convenience which is basically P2W 101.
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    You buy the pet, nowhere does it say you have to use the pet to take advantage of the extra five inventory spaces. It's merely five extra spaces, it's not as if you really need them. I bought the pet because they could come in handy, especially on criminal characters. Though it may be good practise to measure how much loot you're likely to be carrying after a run of something, then turn it all in about 5-15 spaces beforehand.