The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 24 - Feedback Thread for Templar

• Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree Puncturing strikes and it's morphs need a buff, elemental weapon should be a range alternative not the de facto skill used by Templars.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok they didn't fix anything about templar

@Cinbri I told you that they dont care about this class
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuZnHOkCo6s

FIX TEMPLAR GUYS, THIS CLASS IS SO WEAK
    Edited by Czekoludek on October 15, 2019 7:14PM
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »

100k dps on mutlitarget :/
    what are you trying to say ?
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that dps from World Record vDSA is not enough for you Delparis, I think that even if they would buff templars with major vulnerability and berserk on spammable, you would still call Templars weak. You can see single target burst fight with 75k on boss, which is huge in 4 players party without necro. But if you say it isn't impressive, show me numbers you find impressive, that will be fun :wink:
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If that dps from World Record vDSA is not enough for you Delparis, I think that even if they would buff templars with major vulnerability and berserk on spammable, you would still call Templars weak. You can see single target burst fight with 75k on boss, which is huge in 4 players party without necro. But if you say it isn't impressive, show me numbers you find impressive, that will be fun :wink:
    • Templar DD is okay
    • Templar heal is okay
    • Templar healbot in pvp is okay
    • Templar tank is ***
    • Templar in pvp is ***
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Templar DD is okay -> Currently it is the best mag DD in game, stamina needs a buff. In dragonhold mag are still good
    • Templar heal is okay -> It's still great
    • Templar healbot in pvp is okay -> If you like that playstyle then sure, why not
    • Templar tank is *** -> Yeah, they are pretty mediocre
    • Templar in pvp is *** -> And that is total BS. When you visited Cyro or BGs? Most of pvp population use magplars now cuz of great damage, healing and SNARES. Really this class have the easiest access to snares in the whole game. They are pretty cancerous right now

Also still waiting for video of impressive dps

Edited by Czekoludek on October 16, 2019 12:07AM
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Templar DD is okay -> Currently it is the best mag DD in game, stamina needs a buff. In dragonhold mag are still good
    • Templar healbot in pvp is okay -> If you like that playstyle then sure, why not
    • Templar in pvp is *** -> And that is total BS. When you visited Cyro or BGs? Most of pvp population use magplars now cuz of great damage, healing and SNARES. Really this class have the easiest access to snares in the whole game. They are pretty cancerous right now

you won't see magplar in bG or Cyrodiil anymore with the nerf to dots and living dark.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you won't see magplar in bG or Cyrodiil anymore with the nerf to dots and living dark.

Is it so hard to address direct questions? Also in Dragonhold magplar is still strong, just the difference between him and other mag dd won't be that huge like now (and they probably won't be the strongest dd, more like second/third in strength). Right now magplar is too OP. If you don't agree, look at the BGs class compositions. Standard of 8 templars during highier mmr matches clearly shows us that something is wrong with class balance.
    So, what is impressive DPS Delparis? I really need to know now :wink:
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it so hard to address direct questions? Also in Dragonhold magplar is still strong, just the difference between him and other mag dd won't be that huge like now (and they probably won't be the strongest dd, more like second/third in strength). Right now magplar is too OP. If you don't agree, look at the BGs class compositions. Standard of 8 templars during highier mmr matches clearly shows us that something is wrong with class balance.

Magplar don't have sorc shield or streak, nightblade cloack, DK mitigation and warden full buffs.
    They only have a 6k heal skill that always heal someone else and a dot purge useless with dots nerf.
    Templar is okay as healbot in pvp with a resto staff main bar and s&b back bar. healing staff skills are better than class heal skills so you don't need to slot any except purge.
    I only play magsorc in pvp now so i don't care about templar.
  • Essavias
    Essavias
    ✭✭✭

I'm seriously on a brink of starting a change.org petition to forbid you from participating in Templar feedback threads.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magplar don't have sorc shield or streak, nightblade cloack, DK mitigation and warden full buffs.
    They only have a 6k heal skill that always heal someone else and a dot purge useless with dots nerf.
    Templar is okay as healbot in pvp with a resto staff main bar and s&b back bar. healing staff skills are better than class heal skills so you don't need to slot any except purge.

Magsorc = Crutch Class. #NerfSorc 🤣

Now seriously...Templars really only OP right now because of DoT Meta and switch from the HA Meta. Now that DoTs are dead (next patch) Meta will go back to HA *** with high burst damage stacking > Translates to Templars can't deal because, you know...their defenses are bottom of the barrel.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essavias wrote: »

I'm seriously on a brink of starting a change.org petition to forbid you from participating in Templar feedback threads.

you will only get nightblade, DK and warden signatures as i'm for sorc buff now (I don't care about necro)
    :smiley:
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magsorc = Crutch Class. #NerfSorc 🤣

Now seriously...Templars really only OP right now because of DoT Meta and switch from the HA Meta. Now that DoTs are dead (next patch) Meta will go back to HA *** with high burst damage stacking > Translates to Templars can't deal because, you know...their defenses are bottom of the barrel.

I agree with you, dots are dead so magplar is...
    but who cares i play sorc for the win and i really enjoy it.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essavias wrote: »

you will only get Stamnightblade, StamDK and warden Magsorc [Stealing Kills from back spamming ranged execute] signatures as i'm for sorc buff now (I don't care about necro)
    :smiley:

I fixed your statement to be true.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes next patch flavor is sorc in pvp. Play it to be competive. Templar is dead horse once more.
  • Nirnroot420
    Nirnroot420
    ✭✭✭

• Templar DD is okay
    • Templar heal is okay
    • Templar tank is ***
    • Templar in pvp is ***

@Delparis Wrong. Magplar is a top-tier PvP spec.

https://vimeo.com/366793464

I have literally dozens of these. I can easily show you some Cyrodiil 1v1 or 1vx as well. The video I linked is from a non-premade high MMR BG from the current patch on Live which showcases the magplar's ability to go from healing to pure murder, full stop. And I don't even use Living Crutch.

Please stop spreading disinformation on the forums.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    Could I just trade Backlash for Frags or Curse? I'll even throw in Sun Shield as a free extra if I can make the trade.

• Templar DD is okay
    • Templar heal is okay
    • Templar tank is ***
    • Templar in pvp is ***

@Delparis Wrong. Magplar is a top-tier PvP spec.

https://vimeo.com/366793464

I have literally dozens of these. I can easily show you some Cyrodiil 1v1 or 1vx as well. The video I linked is from a non-premade high MMR BG from the current patch on Live which showcases the magplar's ability to go from healing to pure murder, full stop. And I don't even use Living Crutch.

Please stop spreading disinformation on the forums.

Living Crutch, that’s funny. Actually laughed out loud
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slofwnd wrote: »
    Damage changes for Mag Templar
    I did comparison of DPS parses on an average trial build with pFGD, MS, Zaan, vMA back bar, Shadow Mundus, all dots for live, Psijic spammable for PTS. CP on PTS optimized for direct damage, while on live for DOT damage due to obvious reasons. Did not use any parse boosting cheese, went for the regular set up that I bring to PVE. I am your average player who reached end game content about 4 months ago. I started to play on PC at the arrival of Summerset.

Now overall DPS loss was about 12K or about 16% on a single target. It will be more prominent on multi target fights.
    In addition set and light attack damage became more prominent in the PTS parse. LA dps percentage increased from 20% to 26% while Zaan proc damage increased from 4.2 to 4.9% on PTS parse. This indicates that the skill DPS importance was reduced.

Implications/thoughts:

- Higher difference between skill floor and ceiling, combat mechanics around LA weaving are more important than ever, yet it is still not a streamlined combat mechanic. For example animation of solar barrage most often than not results in LA not being proceed after unless player cancels that animation with block or bar swap, animation on shards delays application of the skill and etc. Such mechanics are not explained anywhere in the skill tooltip or game help section and knowledge about them may be only obtained by trial and error or asking other more experienced players. In addition very often Light Attach just would not go through regardless of how many times player pressed LMB prior to casting the skill. LA weaving is also heavily affected by ping, jittering and etc.

- Diminished AOE damage. AOE damage is a pillar of majority strategies that we use in veteran trials and other hard end game content. That same content is heavily dependent on high DPS marks, as some mechanics become unbearable harder - when fight lasts longer. Players literally have no choice and are pushed to invest into high DPS heavily just to be able to complete some of the content, for example vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR+3, vSS HM (especially portals on last boss).

- Looks like combat balancing was done with "elite" and highly skilled players in mind such as Hodor, MC, but average player population was not taken into consideration and imact on average end game player population was not considered.

Suggestions:
    - Increase damage of ground DOTs to be 2x of a spammable, as target can simply walk out of them.
    - Increase damage of ST dots to be 1.7x of a spammable, as the affect of those takes time to fully apply.
    - increase damage of multi-target dots to be 1.3x of a spammable, as they can hit multiple targets but still take time to fully tick-through.
    - reduce damage of light attacks to make LA weaving still rewarding, but not so heavily punitive to newer players or players with worse ping.

PTS Build & Parse:

am9v4j7b8j1x.png

zmmbyomu2wm0.png

Live build & Parse:

dkizl3htz8tc.png

fgmlb2fxi1a1.png

Been a member of the community since February of 2014 but just started in Summerset?
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars needs more buffs to counter stamina toolers.

• Swen_von_Walhallion
    to Nordic__Knight, stop spaming every teplar with your *** talk. You have no idea about what is it play teplar ( well you proly never play it) then why you comlainging about something which you dont know ....

Well biggest problem is all always talking about PvP, but nearly no1 care about PvE specialy tankplars and stamlars are for rly long time worst in thery category.

For stamplar will be proly enoug get some stamina base execute skill from aedric line which cn help them hold with other stam DPS.

For tankplars well we need some ability whych hel us survive in rly hard situation, after we lost source of major protectin as temlar tank you have nearly nothing how survive hard hiting mechanics.
    2nd think is we still lack some sort of decent self heal, Only what we have is honor of the dead, on which is not guaranted to heal you isted your teammate and even when it heal you when ou are lucky it heal for 10-15% when cost it around 20% of your mana or healing rital where is guaranted to heal you but its not healing more then honor of the dead baut cost twice mora magika. We have only sunshiled as defensive ability which after few last pach is not cheap anymore too.

combination of lacking selfheal and poor defensive abilities make tankig with templar rly frustrating.
    Adraria Argentum Draco - imperial Stamplar
    Bevdyen Tus Ntxhuav - Orc Stamplar
    Celestun Ira Dei- Imperial Tankplar
    Halldis Rautt Höfuð- Nord Tankplar
    Misawa Yoshike - Breton Healplar
    Lae'ozhael - Dunmer Magplar
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For stamplar will be proly enoug get some stamina base execute skill from aedric line which cn help them hold with other stam DPS.

Maybe the Burning Light passive could be reworked to only deal increased damage on targets below 50% Health? That might help Stamplars with an aedric based execute. I also think Stamplars should get one of the morphs of Focused Charge, but don't know if an execute should be tied to a gap closer.
    2nd think is we still lack some sort of decent self heal

As others have suggested before, Healing Ritual could be reworked, to decrease the cost and make it scale off of Max Health, so that it can operate as a self heal for Tanks. It could even keep the radius to help tanks provide group utility, and one morph could potentially offer Major Protection.

Edited by ealdwin on October 18, 2019 1:33PM
  • Salganis
    Salganis
    ✭✭✭
    Iam trying at vAS +2 and shard takes all my mana even with perfectgod eye and i need that skill cuase the pasive for dps
    templar can not run good DPS skill from that *** aedric skill tree
    need to be rework
    Edited by Salganis on October 25, 2019 2:53AM