The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ATTN : Vet Console players-Google Stadia !

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya each new dlc theres new things to dodge and block that have to be addressed with old add ons
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever watch on YouTube or Twitch PC players that would be fun to play with or against.

Google Stadia will give us that chance. Unfortunately we still might and be hindered.

If it's one thing as a vet eso console player we all noticed is. Poor PC players can't play without there precious add-ons.

So this got me thinking about starting over on PC. Now I could invest 2k+ in parts and make my current PC legit and have it out dated again in 2 years. Or I just buy Stadia and have the same performance if not better than PC.

Here's the big issue - Add-ons. If Stadia is limited to a number of add-ons we can use, then we're technically not even on platforms. And if we're not even then that makes stadia pointless.

Unless your a wierd lore - or roleplayer that doesn't live in the real world.

So I don't know yet if Stadia will support all add-ons for eso or be limited to. But if they support all add-ons I'm in. Limited to a certain amount bye bye ESO.

What are your thoughts becuase I really want to kill some PC pvp players.

And if your a PC player I don't want to hear your -ish about add-ons you never played without them.

I dont need add ona tbh, only ones I really use are crafting convinces. The fact that your being so hostile in your post shows how petty of a person you are. I personally play on pc and xb1 and add ona have no effect in my own experience.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    richo262 wrote: »
    The obvious solution would be for ZOS to have an addon library in game similar to how mods work on Skyrim SE / Fallout 4.

Players can either use a 3rd party system such as Minion (ESO) in the same way Skyrim SE can use 3rd party Vortex, or they can use the inbuilt system where ZOS hosts it. Addons are extremely small in size.

Essentially, the Stadia version would have addons downloaded but not enabled. The user would use an addon library in game with a similar appearance to the Crown Store but, free obviously, and the user does not download the addon when they select it, they instead are simply enabling the addon. For PC (and possibly console users) they would be downloading and enabling the addon.

This has the potential of bringing addons to every platform.

Also, there would likely need to be a cloud sync of user data (again, very small file sizes) not to be confused with addon generated data (such as MM Data) so that each time the user logs onto Stadia it can draw from the addon user data unique to the user.

How would this work when you need to (often) update your addons?

There would be a built in addon manager. If you are using the Stadia version the addon folder containing addons would update automatically. It is all done server side, the player does not have access to an addon folder like the standard PC platform users do. The addon folder exists on the Stadia server, it would contain every addon published (but not all are enabled obviously) and this addon folder would automatically update as the addon author publishes the update. The Stadia user would get the update the moment the change zones. Alternatively, the addon folder could get creative and hold several versions of the addon in case the latest one introduces a bug to allow for roll backs.

For PC users (and possibly console), the built in addon library would download and install and update addons in a similar fashion to how Minion does it. It could even prompt the user with a notification that an addon update is available.

If you have ever used the Skyrim SE in game mod organiser, that allows users to bookmark, sort, download and install mods. It also shows updates that are available and you can download them all from within the game itself.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff/debuff trackers that are better than the generic ones and miats cc tracker are the only two add ons that are really good for pvp.
  • tahol10069
    tahol10069
    ✭✭✭✭

So this got me thinking about starting over on PC. Now I could invest 2k+ in parts and make my current PC legit and have it out dated again in 2 years. Or I just buy Stadia and have the same performance if not better than PC.

Why do you people always exaggerate so much? Do you believe it somehow makes your point more valid? Hint: it doesn't. It just makes you look like a clown.

I play ESO with a desktop that cost 700 Euro four years ago. Two years ago I invested 200 euro for a new graphics card and doubled memory. That's it. I can play anything with this setup with high craphics. There hasn't been a single player game that has been too demanding for my rig yet. I play ESO on highest settings. I never lag or stutter (I probably would lag in areas where everyone lags but I don't do pvp so idk).

You people are happy with consoles that are locked in 30 fps and graphics that can compared to a potato laptop. Yet you always come and claim that PC playing is stupid expensive and that you have to have a 2000 dollar PC. Can't you really see yourselves what cognitive dissonance you are nurturing?

There are PC players who are happy only with ultra and 140fps. Those are the minority of PC players, most of us are happy with our average machines that still outrun any console any day. Yet somehow some people seem to think moving from console (aka potato laptop that is just connected to a TV) means you have to have what the minority of PC players have, aka the most expensive and biggest numbers ever. Why?
    Edited by tahol10069 on September 16, 2019 3:40AM
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting a spoiler on your mobility scooter won't make it go any faster. You won't become a better player just because you're using add-ons.
    Edited by sionIV on September 16, 2019 3:56AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sionIV wrote: »
    Putting a spoiler on your mobility scooter won't make it go any faster. You won't become a better player just because you're using add-ons.

Nah just teaches you how to learn to follow directions
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever watch on YouTube or Twitch PC players that would be fun to play with or against.

Google Stadia will give us that chance. Unfortunately we still might and be hindered.

If it's one thing as a vet eso console player we all noticed is. Poor PC players can't play without there precious add-ons.

Here's the big issue - Add-ons. If Stadia is limited to a number of add-ons we can use, then we're technically not even on platforms. And if we're not even then that makes stadia pointless.

So I don't know yet if Stadia will support all add-ons for eso or be limited to. But if they support all add-ons I'm in. Limited to a certain amount bye bye ESO.

And if your a PC player I don't want to hear your -ish about add-ons you never played without them.

Most PC players PvP with very limited add ons to limit performance impact. I literally only have an ability timer. It had a bug last week so I had to play without. Wasn't a problem after an hour of getting used to it. So I wouldn't get to cocky ;)
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The obvious solution would be for ZOS to have an addon library in game similar to how mods work on Skyrim SE / Fallout 4.

Players can either use a 3rd party system such as Minion (ESO) in the same way Skyrim SE can use 3rd party Vortex, or they can use the inbuilt system where ZOS hosts it. Addons are extremely small in size.

Essentially, the Stadia version would have addons downloaded but not enabled. The user would use an addon library in game with a similar appearance to the Crown Store but, free obviously, and the user does not download the addon when they select it, they instead are simply enabling the addon. For PC (and possibly console users) they would be downloading and enabling the addon.

Also, there would likely need to be a cloud sync of user data (again, very small file sizes) not to be confused with addon generated data (such as MM Data) so that each time the user logs onto Stadia it can draw from the addon user data unique to the user.

I searched on Google for a few hours, but I got nothing. Only the subscription about in-game add-ons that we keep. But only towards the game developer - not a third party add-on.

Has ZOS gave any info on this about Stadia supporting 3rd party add ons ? Or it supporting a limited few for purchase of in-game add-ons ?

These are the things players should be talking or asking about espeacially console.

And the reason why I made my other poll.

You see I asked players if they would play ESO without any add-ons. If ESO doesn't support add-ons for Stadia. My poll predicts apparently, they will still play. Thus making Stadia a success. But I see the hypocrisy in the community, and predict if ESO-Stadia isn't on the same level as PC in terms of add-ons.

ESO on Stadia will fail - and proprietary add-ons wouldn't count. If that was rolled out when the other consoles drop next year.

So I hope Stadia would have Add-ons and allow new players to not only enjoy the game again but get a little help. Becuase after 15k hours on console there's no way I'm ever grinding with out any add-ons ever again.
    Edited by WeylandLabs on September 16, 2019 5:31AM
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play on Xbox and it seems like some of the best people are here. The only reason Godslayer hasn't been achieved on console is because it's pretty much impossible at this point with all of the lag and other crippling issues that the console version has. Sure, PC players have addons that tell them when to block, dodge, wipe their butts, and file their taxes, but it doesn't make a massive difference. They help with dps rotations and stuff, but everything else is just learning mechanics, which you have to do on all platforms. For pvp, the only addon i've heard about that actually make a difference was MIAT or whatever it was called that would let you know when someone was sniping at you from stealth, and I think it got disabled or something because people said it was akin to cheating.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many addons do you exactly need to feel to be at even ground with pc pvpers?

Your asking the wrong question. PC players cant play without add-ons so.

Maybe you should ask them why they need add-ons to PvP ?

I'm asking YOU how many addons YOU need for that. If you only can have a few you should still be able to use the few that people use in pvp.

I don't use add-ons I'm on console - But if you are referring to PC. I will have what ever my enemies use on me. So you should ask people in ZC how many add-ons they use and that's my answer.

It seems that petty little attempt to falme on PC useers with addons that is stated in the OP is fairly hypocritical.

BTW, have fun on Stadia playing against PC players. It seems that Matt has said their will be cross play but only between Stadia and PC.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since the focus is really mainly on addons (and not stadia), well very select few of them devil crutch big bad game breaking addons. Wonder what the op thinks of those terrible addons that provide disability assistance... like for color blind (since eso has a limited option and dosent cover the entire range) as well those who are deaf, were the in game subtitles only covers so much... among many others that provide actual assistance.
    Edited by StormeReigns on September 16, 2019 6:04AM
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    How many addons do you exactly need to feel to be at even ground with pc pvpers?

I'm asking YOU how many addons YOU need for that. If you only can have a few you should still be able to use the few that people use in pvp.

I don't use add-ons I'm on console - But if you are referring to PC. I will have what ever my enemies use on me. So you should ask people in ZC how many add-ons they use and that's my answer.

It seems that petty little attempt to falme on PC useers with addons that is stated in the OP is fairly hypocritical.

BTW, have fun on Stadia playing against PC players. It seems that Matt has said their will be cross play but only between Stadia and PC.

You mistake my sarcasm for hypocrisy.

I have a thoery and if Stadia doesn't have 3rd party add ons it will fail. That will be the biggest issue surrounding it's launch.

ZOS has had plenty of time to make adjustments.

If they want Stadia to be a success they have to be at the same level in every aspect.

Not just visual and performance.

If that's the case Stadia will just be another Console with a better hardware.

Edited by WeylandLabs on September 16, 2019 6:05AM
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I searched on Google for a few hours, but I got nothing. Only the subscription about in-game add-ons that we keep. But only towards the game developer - not a third party add-on.

Has ZOS gave any info on this about Stadia supporting 3rd party add ons ? Or it supporting a limited few for purchase of in-game add-ons ?

These are the things players should be talking or asking about espeacially console.

You see I asked players if they would play ESO without any add-ons. If ESO doesn't support add-ons for Stadia. My poll predicts apparently, they will still play. Thus making Stadia a success. But I see the hypocrisy in the community, and predict if ESO-Stadia isn't on the same level as PC in terms of add-ons.

ESO on Stadia will fail - and proprietary add-ons wouldn't count. If that was rolled out when the other consoles drop next year.

So I hope Stadia would have Add-ons and allow new players to not only enjoy the game again but get a little help. Becuase after 15k hours on console there's no way I'm ever grinding with out any add-ons ever again.

Not sure what you were google searching. What I wrote about was having an addon manager built into the game rendering the need for 3rd party addon managers obsolete.

You are using the phrase '3rd party addon', to clarify, all addons are 3rd party. A 1st party would be an addon made by ZOS. I'm referring to addon managers. 3rd party addon manager would be Minion. A 1st party (ZOS) addon manager would be built into the game and operate from within the game and act like Minion.

ZOS has made no comment that I am aware of regarding addons at all. In fact, I'm not even sure ZOS has made a statement about Stadia. It was Google that announced ESO is coming.

The truth is, we have no clue how Stadia will truly operate.

If Stadia offers virtual machine access, where you essentially log into a windows system where you can configure your own addon folder, then you can assume addons will work. We know Stadia is built upon Linux so, it is unlikely, but not impossible to have some sort of file explorer that can allow you to create your own addon folder on the Stadia server that ESO will utilise.

If Stadia is simply a games library and you have 0 access to the backend, then the only way I can see addons working is from within the game itself, ie, a built in addon manager similar in appearance to the Crown store, but for addons, and free.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I understood your sarcasm but such petty sarcasm followed by admitting you would use the very same addons is very hypocritical.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what you were google searching. What I wrote about was having an addon manager built into the game rendering the need for 3rd party addon managers obsolete.

You are using the phrase '3rd party addon', to clarify, all addons are 3rd party. A 1st party would be an addon made by ZOS. I'm referring to addon managers. 3rd party addon manager would be Minion. A 1st party (ZOS) addon manager would be built into the game and operate from within the game and act like Minion.

ZOS has made no comment that I am aware of regarding addons at all. In fact, I'm not even sure ZOS has made a statement about Stadia. It was Google that announced ESO is coming.

If Stadia offers virtual machine access, where you essentially log into a windows system where you can configure your own addon folder, then you can assume addons will work. We know Stadia is built upon Linux so, it is unlikely, but not impossible to have some sort of file explorer that can allow you to create your own addon folder on the Stadia server that ESO will utilise.

If Stadia is simply a games library and you have 0 access to the backend, then the only way I can see addons working is from within the game itself, ie, a built in addon manager similar in appearance to the Crown store, but for addons, and free.

Apologizes - I was using the wrong language of 3rd party.

I was googling " ESO third party add ons Stadia"

I'm just super confused becuase Stadia drops in 2 months and ZOS isn't saying nothing to promote or endorse it. It's a weird way to run a business espeacially when it's a new platform.

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there still hype for Stadia? From what I've seen, the reception has been lukewarm, especially in light of the Epic Games exclusivity controversy.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • IronWooshu
    IronWooshu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could careless about playing against PC streamers, I've spent too much on my digital game library for sony that no console would I switch for and all the investment in ESO I've done that switching to PC just is not worth it for me.

However if Stadia allows you to use add-ons and play against PC players and that's what you want to do then you should do it.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apologizes - I was using the wrong language of 3rd party.

I was googling " ESO third party add ons Stadia"

I'm just super confused becuase Stadia drops in 2 months and ZOS isn't saying nothing to promote or endorse it. It's a weird way to run a business espeacially when it's a new platform.

It is not new platform, what is there to say ? It would suck with high latency and everyone and their mothers knows that including ZoS, this is why they do not promote it. It is just another BS streaming service.
    The client performance (fps) will be mediocre because the Stadia machine CPU cores will be running at barely 2.9 ghz which is lay lower than the avarage PC user CPU.
    You can expect those things:
    - Higher Latency
    - Worse performance than average PC, because CPU clocks are low.
    - It is PC platform only, so you will need to have existing PC account, or buy new account in order to play it.

Off Topic: Regarding the war between PC and Console PVP:
    As a both PC and PS4 player i can say there are only 2 addons that are viable for PC PvP
    - Minimap (it is awesome for battlegrounds and IC
    - Action Duration Reminder (buff tracker).

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronWooshu wrote: »
    I could careless about playing against PC streamers, I've spent too much on my digital game library for sony that no console would I switch for and all the investment in ESO I've done that switching to PC just is not worth it for me.

However if Stadia allows you to use add-ons and play against PC players and that's what you want to do then you should do it.

with over 6k into eso alone im happy staying right where im too 😊 and id hate to add up my cod pay out its way more lol then god of war hell nope not going ANYWHERE
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

so because your not good on console you went to pc but now want to move to another format but if your add ons aint active your leaving game all together lol L2P issues much GET GOOD BRO

I never went to PC.

And a sniper telling me to get gud that's comedy.

Com'n man really 😂

Just stop - I know your looking for attention.

It takes skill to be a successful sniper. And it's satisfying as hell too. Don't belitte people that play better regardless of their build. It doesn't look good.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Mmm Google-Stadia. Nothing like paying for them putting additional spotty input lag on top of spotty ingame server issues. But addons are the issue here.

Happy with my two addons; one for subtitles so I can read the jibberjabber from the non quest givers easily and mini map, although i survive without them.
    You can set npc to talk to the chat window simply by adding them in who to listen to in chat.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no addons, no TTC, no PTS, poor customization. And what about population? Stadia going on the same road as PC or individual server? If second, then there will be SUPER LOW population.

Currently and at least on paper, ESO Stadia is just a one big meh and throwing money out the window. Throw that money to fix your damn PC-EU server!
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

?????
    Most at best are just UI and QoL addons....that should be part of the base UI anyway. The real joke is when I come onto my XB CP600 account to a console dueling event and wipe the floor with all the tanks who show up wearing malubeth /impreg/fort brass who did nothing but spam BoL at each other. Was like a fireworks display. The console community is adorable.

You guys want a good laugh just join any console Facebook group and watch all the 16 yr olds proverbially sweat all over each other with their nerdy leet speech. Legit an ESO third world country over there.
    Edited by Malamar1229 on September 16, 2019 1:43PM
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    SkerKro wrote: »
    Mmm Google-Stadia. Nothing like paying for them putting additional spotty input lag on top of spotty ingame server issues. But addons are the issue here.

Happy with my two addons; one for subtitles so I can read the jibberjabber from the non quest givers easily and mini map, although i survive without them.
    You can set npc to talk to the chat window simply by adding them in who to listen to in chat.

While yes, the in game version does do that, but it can simply stop picking up the conversations soon as you turn your character in a different direction.

Not talking about quest givers either. The background npcs. One little turn and boom tou miss out, especially when you'redeaf. Nothing to cry home about, but the addon for subtitles, just adds them to be more noticeable.
    Allowing you to see them more directly and easily even when you turn, or if zone or guild chats are very active. Without the addition of the addon, I would have missed random conversations that were happening in mirkmire and elsweyr that were heavily influenced by Life of Brian, Silent Movie, Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein.

Sure, not that big of a deal if I do miss them, but allows for a bit of nostalgia to pass and picture ES(O) characters are well versed in the art of satire.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Whoa whoa whoa! There's no need for this kind of attitude. Really. Most of us are here because we like the game and would like it to get better on both PC and console. Consider this:
    1. Your poll didn't ask if people could play without add-ons, you just asked if they would play. Big difference.
    2. Your poll didn't ask about or separate PvE vs PvP, which seems flawed now that I see your focus killing PC PvP players!
    3. The creative folks that write add-ons for the PC can help inspire core game content that we can all benefit from when ZOS develops it themselves.
    4. ESO was announced and released for PC first, and if I recall correctly we knew add-ons were going to be allowed long before the game was out. People who chose to play on console for whatever reason (they like it better, it's what they have, etc.) should always have been aware that they wouldn't have access to the PC add-ons. This was never a secret and shouldn't be causing bitterness now.

Would I support the functionality of add-ons being available in console? Of course!

Is there anything to be gained by looking down on PC players and making broad assumptions about how they play, if they use add-ons, why they use add-ons, and whether the use of those add-ons makes them a lesser player? In my opinion it sure seems to de-rail the conversation from having it going anywhere productive.

All PC players don't use add-ons. All PC players don't PvP. For the PC players that do use add-ons, for all you know they might be using something like this!

As for me, part of the reason I am on PC is because it was available earlier and I wanted to play it! I use add-ons mostly for quality of life functionality, like Advanced Filters and Dressing Room, because I don't have the luxury of playing very often. I need to make the most of my time and if I can use add-ons to do this, I don't think it impacts my PvP (or PvE) skills either way.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you console players so salty.

I think it comes down to the fact you YouTube guys that keep on showing off what you guys are able to do in regards to a new content based on your trackers that console players can't do because we ain't yet to figure out how to do it because we all know in realistic fact that 90% of the stuff that you guys do on PC would not be possible without the trackers that you guys have an add-ons

You YouTube guys?

So it's all about console players not figuring out things and being jealous to PC players so you bash them for addons without even knowing what they do.

Go look up your guys's Heroes video of the godslayer it tells you across the screen block Dodge we don't get that *** dude so shut the *** up learn to play

If that's your example then you're full of it dude. But that was obvious from your replies already.

So you're trying to say that it's false that right across the screen it says block now block in 1 2 3 now roll Dodge in one two three now right on the person's God damn YouTube video dude think about that that's sad you're not playing a game you're watching a *** screen telling you what to do I ain't say no more on this cuz its going to be come to a point where your going to try to get me kicked or something for telling you the truth of how it is you guys act like you guys ain't cheating but you guys really know you are if I was the developer of the game or had the rights to do something everybody who had an add-on would been kicked long ago

I was max CP on xbox before switching to PC which I'm almost 1k cp there now. I know it seems like addons make it easier but the only addons worth anything are QOL like skyshard lorebook and master merchant / TTC.

the combat ones are worthless because if you are doing any content worth having it (vet dlc trails) then your good enough that it just gets in the way and you don't need it. Its only helpful if you DON'T know the mechanics or for going back to look at your game-play. It does allow you to be a little lazy, or in my case if my son is jumping on me then i can pay attention a little less but NO ONE is completing content with addons that would be failing without them.

I used to think like you until I got to PC, but its just as easy to turn them all off. we use them for QOL

PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've watched some stuff on the Stadia, seems like with all the games and updates being stored in the cloud it could be pretty lag free. Unfortunately the $1000 + pricetag for what boils down to another console, is a deal breaker for me.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've closed this thread as it is no longer constructive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.