Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] NA megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] EU megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

ATTN : Vet Console players-Google Stadia !

Shokasegambit1
Shokasegambit1
✭✭✭✭
Ever watch on YouTube or Twitch PC players that would be fun to play with or against.

Google Stadia will give us that chance. Unfortunately we still might and be hindered.

If it's one thing as a vet eso console player we all noticed is. Poor PC players can't play without there precious add-ons.

So this got me thinking about starting over on PC. Now I could invest 2k+ in parts and make my current PC legit and have it out dated again in 2 years. Or I just buy Stadia and have the same performance if not better than PC.

Here's the big issue - Add-ons. If Stadia is limited to a number of add-ons we can use, then we're technically not even on platforms. And if we're not even then that makes stadia pointless.

Unless your a wierd lore - or roleplayer that doesn't live in the real world.

So I don't know yet if Stadia will support all add-ons for eso or be limited to. But if they support all add-ons I'm in. Limited to a certain amount bye bye ESO.

What are your thoughts becuase I really want to kill some PC pvp players.

And if your a PC player I don't want to hear your -ish about add-ons you never played without them.
  • Shokasegambit1
    Shokasegambit1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ever watch on YouTube or Twitch PC players that would be fun to play with or against.

    Google Stadia will give us that chance. Unfortunately we still might and be hindered.

    If it's one thing as a vet eso console player we all noticed is. Poor PC players can't play without there precious add-ons.

    So this got me thinking about starting over on PC. Now I could invest 2k+ in parts and make my current PC legit and have it out dated again in 2 years. Or I just buy Stadia and have the same performance if not better than PC.

    Here's the big issue - Add-ons. If Stadia is limited to a number of add-ons we can use, then we're technically not even on platforms. And if we're not even then that makes stadia pointless.

    Unless your a wierd lore - or roleplayer that doesn't live in the real world.

    So I don't know yet if Stadia will support all add-ons for eso or be limited to. But if they support all add-ons I'm in. Limited to a certain amount bye bye ESO.

    What are your thoughts becuase I really want to kill some PC pvp players.

    And if your a PC player I don't want to hear your -ish about add-ons you never played without them.

    so because your not good on console you went to pc but now want to move to another format but if your add ons aint active your leaving game all together lol L2P issues much GET GOOD BRO

    I never went to PC.

    And a sniper telling me to get gud that's comedy.

    Com'n man really 😂

    Just stop - I know your looking for attention.
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭
    How many addons do you exactly need to feel to be at even ground with pc pvpers?
  • SkerKro
    SkerKro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm Google-Stadia. Nothing like paying for them putting additional spotty input lag on top of spotty ingame server issues. But addons are the issue here.

    Happy with my two addons; one for subtitles so I can read the jibberjabber from the non quest givers easily and mini map, although i survive without them.
    Edited by SkerKro on September 15, 2019 10:53PM

    Argonians + Werewolves & Vampire
    Deaf Gamer. Also, I draw things. Not all the things, just some of the things. Some things good. Some things, not so much. No, I wont draw you a picture for free.
    Add-on's = Harven's Subtitles // MiniMap by Franklin
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afaik stadia is gonna be on it's own servers and you'll have to rebuy and replay everything again.

    Could be wrong tho
    Gamer tag: ShenronNacht NA Xbox One
    1100+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er
    Shepherd of Rot - Stamina Necromancer BG Archer - No Gank
  • SkerKro
    SkerKro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Afaik stadia is gonna be on it's own servers and you'll have to rebuy and replay everything again.

    Could be wrong tho

    Yes, have to purchase the game through stadia, as well maintaining a subscription for better play, as well if stadia loses the license, you lose access to the game. Many have been thinking that Stadia is going to be a Gamer's Netflix. Which it is not.

    Argonians + Werewolves & Vampire
    Deaf Gamer. Also, I draw things. Not all the things, just some of the things. Some things good. Some things, not so much. No, I wont draw you a picture for free.
    Add-on's = Harven's Subtitles // MiniMap by Franklin
  • Shokasegambit1
    Shokasegambit1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    How many addons do you exactly need to feel to be at even ground with pc pvpers?

    Your asking the wrong question. PC players cant play without add-ons so.

    Maybe you should ask them why they need add-ons to PvP ?
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    How many addons do you exactly need to feel to be at even ground with pc pvpers?

    Your asking the wrong question. PC players cant play without add-ons so.

    Maybe you should ask them why they need add-ons to PvP ?

    I'm asking YOU how many addons YOU need for that. If you only can have a few you should still be able to use the few that people use in pvp.
  • SkerKro
    SkerKro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    How many addons do you exactly need to feel to be at even ground with pc pvpers?

    Your asking the wrong question. PC players cant play without add-ons so.

    Maybe you should ask them why they need add-ons to PvP ?

    And if your a PC player I don't want to hear your -ish about add-ons you never played without them.
    Nice. Nothing like being the better person by belittling and degrading. Generalizations not working in your favor, especially when you try to single them out by targeting the forum population which is a very minor fraction of the game's population no matter if they use console or PC.
    Any who, while trying to get the image of a Saved by the Bell's Screech ranting about what is and isn't fair out of my head now, cause Console players complaining about a literal non issue.
    Most of the ones I know, friends, family and guild mates and their friends and family and guildmates from other guilds disable many if not all their addons while in PvP to increase performance and reduce slow downs, skips and minor input and traditional lag, and majority from my end just disable all addons so they work on and improve their situational awareness so the need/desire/want/wishes for basic script plugs have already become trivial and out of date and already removed and no longer needed.

    Edited by SkerKro on September 15, 2019 11:57PM

    Argonians + Werewolves & Vampire
    Deaf Gamer. Also, I draw things. Not all the things, just some of the things. Some things good. Some things, not so much. No, I wont draw you a picture for free.
    Add-on's = Harven's Subtitles // MiniMap by Franklin
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    How many addons do you exactly need to feel to be at even ground with pc pvpers?

    Your asking the wrong question. PC players cant play without add-ons so.

    Maybe you should ask them why they need add-ons to PvP ?

    I'm asking YOU how many addons YOU need for that. If you only can have a few you should still be able to use the few that people use in pvp.

    He needs a lot like 20 thousand i guess if not hes out away so might as well pack up and go
  • Shokasegambit1
    Shokasegambit1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    How many addons do you exactly need to feel to be at even ground with pc pvpers?

    Your asking the wrong question. PC players cant play without add-ons so.

    Maybe you should ask them why they need add-ons to PvP ?

    I'm asking YOU how many addons YOU need for that. If you only can have a few you should still be able to use the few that people use in pvp.

    I don't use add-ons I'm on console - But if you are referring to PC. I will have what ever my enemies use on me. So you should ask people in ZC how many add-ons they use and that's my answer.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    How many addons do you exactly need to feel to be at even ground with pc pvpers?

    Your asking the wrong question. PC players cant play without add-ons so.

    Maybe you should ask them why they need add-ons to PvP ?

    I'm asking YOU how many addons YOU need for that. If you only can have a few you should still be able to use the few that people use in pvp.

    I don't use add-ons I'm on console - But if you are referring to PC. I will have what ever my enemies use on me. So you should ask people in ZC how many add-ons they use and that's my answer.

    Some use 7 to 10 at most where most run 3 because they dont want the aid for everything just maps and crafting help in pvp some run combat tracker for reports to look over after but there are some who run dodge bot like scrubs need to but at the end of it the majority only use real quality of life add-ons not your common cheats buff track damage hints aim bot and that line of bs scrubs HAVE because being an cheat dont make you good at all and alot like to felling of accomplishment when completing a challenge something you won't get falling a Tracker
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you console players so salty.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    How many addons do you exactly need to feel to be at even ground with pc pvpers?

    Lots of players are pretty shameless about using macros. Enough that on console higher MMR BGs are mostly mag and on PC they’re stam.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    Why are you console players so salty.

    I think it comes down to the fact you YouTube guys that keep on showing off what you guys are able to do in regards to a new content based on your trackers that console players can't do because we ain't yet to figure out how to do it because we all know in realistic fact that 90% of the stuff that you guys do on PC would not be possible without the trackers that you guys have an add-ons
    And all you PC players talking about how you leave the game as soon as they take your add-ons only justifies our fact that you guys are scrubs that need to learn how to play
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 16, 2019 1:43AM
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    Why are you console players so salty.

    I think it comes down to the fact you YouTube guys that keep on showing off what you guys are able to do in regards to a new content based on your trackers that console players can't do because we ain't yet to figure out how to do it because we all know in realistic fact that 90% of the stuff that you guys do on PC would not be possible without the trackers that you guys have an add-ons

    You YouTube guys?

    So it's all about console players not figuring out things and being jealous to PC players so you bash them for addons without even knowing what they do.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    Why are you console players so salty.

    I think it comes down to the fact you YouTube guys that keep on showing off what you guys are able to do in regards to a new content based on your trackers that console players can't do because we ain't yet to figure out how to do it because we all know in realistic fact that 90% of the stuff that you guys do on PC would not be possible without the trackers that you guys have an add-ons

    You YouTube guys?

    So it's all about console players not figuring out things and being jealous to PC players so you bash them for addons without even knowing what they do.

    Go look up your guys's Heroes video of the godslayer it tells you across the screen block Dodge we don't get that *** dude so shut the *** up learn to play
    And trust me when I say we had add-ons like that that told us Dodge block Purge incoming damage block now we be able to have the same titles we'd be able to do the same thing but we don't got that stuff we got to actually deal with the lag you know maybe sometimes the maneuver may happen and sometimes maybe not you just get hit but you know we could counter that if we had a Tracker like you guys do that prevents the lag from being the problem cuz if you know like I said it comes across your screen block now Purge now Dodge now take two steps to the *** left now you're not playing a game you're playing whatever its telling you to do you're not doing nothing on your own you're not thinking for yourself the games telling you or your add-ons telling you what to do Mindless bulshit learn to play
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 16, 2019 1:53AM
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    How many addons do you exactly need to feel to be at even ground with pc pvpers?

    Lots of players are pretty shameless about using macros. Enough that on console higher MMR BGs are mostly mag and on PC they’re stam.

    What kind of macros?

    I'm pretty sure consoles are more mag because turning with controller is so damn slow so ranged is superior to melee.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    Why are you console players so salty.

    I think it comes down to the fact you YouTube guys that keep on showing off what you guys are able to do in regards to a new content based on your trackers that console players can't do because we ain't yet to figure out how to do it because we all know in realistic fact that 90% of the stuff that you guys do on PC would not be possible without the trackers that you guys have an add-ons

    You YouTube guys?

    So it's all about console players not figuring out things and being jealous to PC players so you bash them for addons without even knowing what they do.

    Go look up your guys's Heroes video of the godslayer it tells you across the screen block Dodge we don't get that *** dude so shut the *** up learn to play

    If that's your example then you're full of it dude. But that was obvious from your replies already.

    So you're trying to say that it's false that right across the screen it says block now block in 1 2 3 now roll Dodge in one two three now right on the person's God damn YouTube video dude think about that that's sad you're not playing a game you're watching a *** screen telling you what to do I ain't say no more on this cuz its going to be come to a point where your going to try to get me kicked or something for telling you the truth of how it is you guys act like you guys ain't cheating but you guys really know you are if I was the developer of the game or had the rights to do something everybody who had an add-on would been kicked long ago
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 16, 2019 2:00AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    Why are you console players so salty.

    I think it comes down to the fact you YouTube guys that keep on showing off what you guys are able to do in regards to a new content based on your trackers that console players can't do because we ain't yet to figure out how to do it because we all know in realistic fact that 90% of the stuff that you guys do on PC would not be possible without the trackers that you guys have an add-ons

    You YouTube guys?

    So it's all about console players not figuring out things and being jealous to PC players so you bash them for addons without even knowing what they do.

    Go look up your guys's Heroes video of the godslayer it tells you across the screen block Dodge we don't get that *** dude so shut the *** up learn to play

    If that's your example then you're full of it dude. But that was obvious from your replies already.

    So you're trying to say that it's false that right across the screen it says block now walking 1 2 3 now well Dodge in one two three now why don't a person's God damn YouTube video dude think about that that's sad you're not playing a game you're watching a *** screen telling you what to do I ain't say no more on this cuz going to be come to a point where you going to try to get me kicked or something for telling you the truth of how it is you guys act like you guys ain't cheating but you guys really know you are if I was the developer of the game or had the rights to do something everybody who had an add-on would been kicked long ago

    Because you're clinging on the raid notifier thing, which isn't used in pvp or elsewhere, yet you're generalizing the PC community and insulting people. But I understand you, I'd be salty as well if I'd have to play on a console.

    Those add-ons work in PvP as well as PVE or any where else in this *** game you want to go so your point that that is a video of a dungeon or a trial doesn't hold no weight it shows the content which is on PC and all you guys do is watch a screen and push a button when told to you don't use your minds for anyting you don't do nothing on your own the game does it for you or your add-on does should I say I don't see why you would pay to do that be more like a job that having something fun and interesting and challenging to learn optimal learn we all know how to read and follow directions
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "If it's one thing as a vet eso console player we all noticed is. Poor PC players can't play without there precious add-ons."

    It isn't that PC players can't play without their add-ons. It is why should they? I played my first character through all the content without add-ons. Now I use add-ons to help with lore books and all kinds of other things. Why would I not?

    And as others have pointed out it is fairly common to disable add-ons before jumping into PvP. I use kill counter, an add-on that makes it easier to see crown and another that shows where group members are in relation to where I am. I don't need any of them and they offer me no advantage other than convenience over someone not running them. Others use an add-on to get zone alerts. Again more just a convenience than anything else.

    What add-on specifically is it that would cause this great advantage?
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    Naftal wrote: »
    Why are you console players so salty.

    I think it comes down to the fact you YouTube guys that keep on showing off what you guys are able to do in regards to a new content based on your trackers that console players can't do because we ain't yet to figure out how to do it because we all know in realistic fact that 90% of the stuff that you guys do on PC would not be possible without the trackers that you guys have an add-ons

    You YouTube guys?

    So it's all about console players not figuring out things and being jealous to PC players so you bash them for addons without even knowing what they do.

    Go look up your guys's Heroes video of the godslayer it tells you across the screen block Dodge we don't get that *** dude so shut the *** up learn to play

    If that's your example then you're full of it dude. But that was obvious from your replies already.

    So you're trying to say that it's false that right across the screen it says block now walking 1 2 3 now well Dodge in one two three now why don't a person's God damn YouTube video dude think about that that's sad you're not playing a game you're watching a *** screen telling you what to do I ain't say no more on this cuz going to be come to a point where you going to try to get me kicked or something for telling you the truth of how it is you guys act like you guys ain't cheating but you guys really know you are if I was the developer of the game or had the rights to do something everybody who had an add-on would been kicked long ago

    Because you're clinging on the raid notifier thing, which isn't used in pvp or elsewhere, yet you're generalizing the PC community and insulting people. But I understand you, I'd be salty as well if I'd have to play on a console.

    Those add-ons work in PvP as well as PVE or any where else in this *** game you want to go so your point that that is a video of a dungeon or a trial doesn't hold no weight it shows the content which is on PC and all you guys do is watch a screen and push a button when told to you don't use your minds for anyting you don't do nothing on your own the game does it for you or your add-on does should I say I don't see why you would pay to do that be more like a job that having something fun and interesting and challenging to learn optimal learn we all know how to read and follow directions

    Can you use some punctuation. Your walls of text are really hard to read.

    I don't know of any addons that tell you what to do in pvp. I don't even like the dodge now etc. because there's already visual on the screen telling me to do exactly that. It's not like you have to do anything else but look at the screen and do what it tells you to do on console, even if it doesn't literally tell you to DODGE NOW!

    And the lag thing you brought up previously. It doesn't matter if it's the game itself or an addon that tells me to do X, if there's lag, it's just as hard to time your actions right.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    "If it's one thing as a vet eso console player we all noticed is. Poor PC players can't play without there precious add-ons."

    It isn't that PC players can't play without their add-ons. It is why should they? I played my first character through all the content without add-ons. Now I use add-ons to help with lore books and all kinds of other things. Why would I not?

    And as others have pointed out it is fairly common to disable add-ons before jumping into PvP. I use kill counter, an add-on that makes it easier to see crown and another that shows where group members are in relation to where I am. I don't need any of them and they offer me no advantage other than convenience over someone not running them. Others use an add-on to get zone alerts. Again more just a convenience than anything else.

    What add-on specifically is it that would cause this great advantage?

    Anyone that does the natural thinking process for you in regards when to block roll Dodge heal or purify yourself I don't know their specific names because I'm not on a PC and when I do we don't have add-ons on my brother's cuz he doesn't like the damn things either but if you like for me to get a more detailed information I'm sure I could give him a call and beg him to find out for me cuz that's what it would take for him to add that *** to his game
    I just use pc for pts information to keep my toons up to date or see new zones earlier then i would otherwise
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on September 16, 2019 2:17AM
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The obvious solution would be for ZOS to have an addon library in game similar to how mods work on Skyrim SE / Fallout 4.

    Players can either use a 3rd party system such as Minion (ESO) in the same way Skyrim SE can use 3rd party Vortex, or they can use the inbuilt system where ZOS hosts it. Addons are extremely small in size.

    Essentially, the Stadia version would have addons downloaded but not enabled. The user would use an addon library in game with a similar appearance to the Crown Store but, free obviously, and the user does not download the addon when they select it, they instead are simply enabling the addon. For PC (and possibly console users) they would be downloading and enabling the addon.

    This has the potential of bringing addons to every platform.

    Also, there would likely need to be a cloud sync of user data (again, very small file sizes) not to be confused with addon generated data (such as MM Data) so that each time the user logs onto Stadia it can draw from the addon user data unique to the user.
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    The obvious solution would be for ZOS to have an addon library in game similar to how mods work on Skyrim SE / Fallout 4.

    Players can either use a 3rd party system such as Minion (ESO) in the same way Skyrim SE can use 3rd party Vortex, or they can use the inbuilt system where ZOS hosts it. Addons are extremely small in size.

    Essentially, the Stadia version would have addons downloaded but not enabled. The user would use an addon library in game with a similar appearance to the Crown Store but, free obviously, and the user does not download the addon when they select it, they instead are simply enabling the addon. For PC (and possibly console users) they would be downloading and enabling the addon.

    This has the potential of bringing addons to every platform.

    Also, there would likely need to be a cloud sync of user data (again, very small file sizes) not to be confused with addon generated data (such as MM Data) so that each time the user logs onto Stadia it can draw from the addon user data unique to the user.

    How would this work when you need to (often) update your addons?
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by D0PAMINE on September 16, 2019 2:32AM
This discussion has been closed.