The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

with the upcoming nerfs to dots, vigor should be nerfed too

• LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    you should try playing stamdk with vigor to understand how OP is that heal.
    is this how ZoS balance the game ??

Maybe you should take a look at Obsidian Shield if you think that *specifically* a stamDK with Vigor has OP healing.

Doesn't really have anything to do with Vigor.
  • Brew
    Brew
    Soul Shriven
    this skill is OP atm but will be more OP and problematic when dots nerfs comes out.
    I hope ZoS devs are aware of this.

And other jokes you can tell yourself
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do realize your asking to nerf one of the only single target stam based heals in the game. for PvE toons your asking to destroy their survivability. yes there is a heal from Rally, but not everyone runs a 2 hand AND it has to have requirements met before it can be considered useful. its not always reliable. yes there is a small heal from FG but its not single target. my tool tip on vigor is 8-10k. (roughly depending on how i manage my CP) in PvP thats half. So in PvP its 4-5k. You want that to be less? Come on my dude.

If vigor is bothering you THAT much, maybe find a way to add defile into your build. and then go into your CP and bump up Befoul so defile is even stronger and then you can further reduce their healing received. that way you can just Nerf vigor your self.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Nerfing heals is dumb. People who want to play a high damage playstyle have it backwards.

In the last patch when they nerfed protective and pirate smelly all it did was push people to heavy armour. Some people cheered the changes and have no clue what they’re talking about, as soon as they tried their medium armour builds thinking it would help they got destroyed and changed back.

Nerf healing and defense any more and you’ll see nothing in pvp except heavy armour.

Actually Heavy Armor being beyond overtuned. Is completely different from balance in make DDs that Damage Dealers only. Having Stamina DDs in PvP that can out heal some healers. Is completely wrong.

The reason why you see people going to heavy instead of medium. Is because heavy armor is brokenly overtuned. The only reason why you don't see many magicka DDs wearing heavy. Because of the itemization imbalance between stamina heavy sets and no decent magicka heavy sets. If there was magicka versions of 7th Legion, Fury, and others. Trust me Magicka DDs would also use heavy.

What I would like to see is one of two things.

A.) Heavy Armor damage sets be completely nerfed, to allow room for medium armor.

or

B.) Give Magicka DDs the same versions of stamina's Damage based Heavy Armor sets.

That would be somewhat balanced. I personally would prefer option A.). Because in there is no balance in the fact tanky armor keep pace with glassy armor damage. While keeping it survivalbility. Thus will always be the cause of players choosing Heavy over Medium.

TL/DR : Heavy Armor damaging sets being overtuned. Is the offender to balance. Not Medium Armor being weak. Playing both Medium and Light Armor specs. I dare say Medium and Light are fairly in line with each other. Vigor does not need nerf Heavy Armor damage sets do!

Heavy armour itself isn’t overtuned. What’s out of whack is the importance people place on mitigation - next to nothing. If the issue was solely the heavy armour sets mag wouldn’t be switching to heavy armour.

Most players perform better with heavy armour because it provides what the player hasn’t built into their spec - defense. Nerfing other forms of defense just pushes people to wear heavy. Nerfing healing or defense more will make the healing received passive better and everyone will wear heavy.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 16, 2019 4:43PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If your issue is Vigor being reliable in its application on the caster, then suggest that Rapid Regen also apply only to the caster. Don't go looking to nerf Vigor, and especially don't *** use fully buffed up stamDK's with cauterise running as a measure of Vigor being supposedly OP. StamDK is the exception, treat it as the exception, not the norm.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    my tool tip on vigor is 8-10k. (roughly depending on how i manage my CP) in PvP thats half. So in PvP its 4-5k. You want that to be less? Come on my dude.

Sounds like a build issue. Your stam or weapon dmg have to be really low on your set up. Even on my hybrid sorc in no cp it's 16k+ tooltip.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfing heals is dumb. People who want to play a high damage playstyle have it backwards.

In the last patch when they nerfed protective and pirate smelly all it did was push people to heavy armour. Some people cheered the changes and have no clue what they’re talking about, as soon as they tried their medium armour builds thinking it would help they got destroyed and changed back.

Nerf healing and defense any more and you’ll see nothing in pvp except heavy armour.

Actually Heavy Armor being beyond overtuned. Is completely different from balance in make DDs that Damage Dealers only. Having Stamina DDs in PvP that can out heal some healers. Is completely wrong.

The reason why you see people going to heavy instead of medium. Is because heavy armor is brokenly overtuned. The only reason why you don't see many magicka DDs wearing heavy. Because of the itemization imbalance between stamina heavy sets and no decent magicka heavy sets. If there was magicka versions of 7th Legion, Fury, and others. Trust me Magicka DDs would also use heavy.

What I would like to see is one of two things.

A.) Heavy Armor damage sets be completely nerfed, to allow room for medium armor.

or

B.) Give Magicka DDs the same versions of stamina's Damage based Heavy Armor sets.

That would be somewhat balanced. I personally would prefer option A.). Because in there is no balance in the fact tanky armor keep pace with glassy armor damage. While keeping it survivalbility. Thus will always be the cause of players choosing Heavy over Medium.

TL/DR : Heavy Armor damaging sets being overtuned. Is the offender to balance. Not Medium Armor being weak. Playing both Medium and Light Armor specs. I dare say Medium and Light are fairly in line with each other. Vigor does not need nerf Heavy Armor damage sets do!

Heavy armour itself isn’t overtuned. What’s out of whack is the importance people place on mitigation - next to nothing. If the issue was solely the heavy armour sets mag wouldn’t be switching to heavy armour.

Most players perform better with heavy armour because it provides what the player hasn’t built into their spec - defense. Nerfing other forms of defense just pushes people to wear heavy. Nerfing healing or defense more will make the healing received passive better and everyone will wear heavy.

I see what you are saying and you are correct.

However it didn't say Heavy Armor in general needs nerf. I just said that Heavy Armor overtuned damage sets needs nerf to balance medium and light.

I say this because if you don't sacrifice enoughfor wearing tanky armor with insane damage sets. Yet sacrifice survivalbility for wearing glassy armor sets with no staying power.

At that point, of course it's a no brainer. Outside of niche builds to run Heavy Armor. All pros and no cons. And that is where I'm saying the issue lie.
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭
    my tool tip on vigor is 8-10k. (roughly depending on how i manage my CP) in PvP thats half. So in PvP its 4-5k. You want that to be less? Come on my dude.

Sounds like a build issue. Your stam or weapon dmg have to be really low on your set up. Even on my hybrid sorc in no cp it's 16k+ tooltip.

shhh im trying to get him to chill. haha

Also my tooltip is a bit lower because i run Swamp Raider. so my sheet weapon damage is lower but my snipe, poison inject, noxious breath and venom claw are stupid high. The result is a lower vigor tick, but i survive with vigor, rally, draining shot and battle roar + Corrosive Armor.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I vote that soul gems are too powerful and need to be removed. Being able to resurrect someone is immersion breaking and all characters should remain dead once killed and you should be required to start again at level 1, lose all gear, and have no cp.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also my tooltip is a bit lower because i run Swamp Raider. so my sheet weapon damage is lower but my snipe, poison inject, noxious breath and venom claw are stupid high. The result is a lower vigor tick, but i survive with vigor, rally, draining shot and battle roar + Corrosive Armor.

lying to keep skills overpowered...
    why this behavior don't surprise me.
  • BrentBlemish
    BrentBlemish
    ✭✭✭✭

lying to keep skills overpowered...
    why this behavior don't surprise me.

trust me... vigor is not OP. And its really not that serious. What it really comes down to is players not finding ways to counter. (Defile debuff with points into befoul will destroy vigor) For players who dont play stam charecters, they dont realize how much your damaging stam survivability in both PvE and PvP by asking for a nerf. You think vigor is OP? How about mag templars for DPS in PvP have a whole entire skill line for healing. But im not asking for it to be nerfed. If you dont want to use a counter play in your build that is your choice. But just because you choose to not use a counter doesn't mean certain things need nerfs.

Take a step back and look at the over all impact a nerf to vigor would have in both PvP and more impotently PvE and not just based on your frustration with your inability to counter a character in PvP who uses vigor. If you dont wanna run defile, then burn his or hers stam down, run stam drain poisons, put points into Siphoner in your CP.

But if you choose not to do any of that because you'd rather have more damage then that is your choice. everything is a give and take.

• lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    who said DoTs will get nerfed
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Still waiting for the wet noodle tank build that has the 50k vigor tool tip so we can truly get the whine rolling.

Yes that was a joke during pts last time wasn't it