The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

with the upcoming nerfs to dots, vigor should be nerfed too

• RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delparis wrote: »
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    Tolino wrote: »
    they didn't nerf it, they rolled back before last update.

vigor is OP and too OP on stamdk atm. that OP hot was made to counter dots, but when dots will be nerfed this vigor will be game breaking

And why only Vigor? Rapid Regeneration has the same heal per second and has a longer duration!

In addition, you should first wait for the patch notes what exactly is changed!

Nop rapid regeneration isn't by any mean the same as vigor
    1. you have to slot a restoration staff, where you can slot vigor with any weapon
    2. you can't self heal as it always target someone else.

Maybe if you didn't zerg rapid regen would target you.

So I have to play alone in order to get the heal I cast....

Nice mechanic / advise

Yes, you must play alone to receive this heal 100% of the time. Adapt. l2p. Git gud
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

vigor is OP and too OP on stamdk atm. that OP hot was made to counter dots, but when dots will be nerfed this vigor will be game breaking

And why only Vigor? Rapid Regeneration has the same heal per second and has a longer duration!

1. you have to slot a restoration staff, where you can slot vigor with any weapon

Nice mechanic / advise

Yes, you must play alone to receive this heal 100% of the time. Adapt. l2p. Git gud

251ac3cd3301448b0fc7b79baee24b30.jpg
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough of the nonsense. Stop the nerf threads.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice mechanic / advise

What? When playing as heal? So you’re a zergling. So my response was correct. Git gud. And there are plenty of other heals to heal yourself if you are “playing as healer”. But good try
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice mechanic / advise

What? When playing as heal? So you’re a zergling. So my response was correct. Git gud. And there are plenty of other heals to heal yourself if you are “playing as healer”. But good try

not zerging as i don't play cydrodiil because of the multiple issues.
    I play BG most of the time and can't heal myself with resto staff or even with htd
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you win, abilities/skills/passives are fine. If you lose, it's OP... Ok...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice mechanic / advise

not zerging as i don't play cydrodiil because of the multiple issues.
    I play BG most of the time and can't heal myself with resto staff or even with htd

I feel like your points are kind of irrelevant. You need to explain why you think vigor would overperforming without the dot buff. It is literally on par with how it was before when you subtract the rally heal overtime
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to see a non dk tooltip with build info and character sheet stats that shows an OP vigor.

There's a lot of merit to the argument that vigor on a DK is busted, my tank gets similar ticks to my full fledged damage dealer. There's a lot less merit to the "vigor op" train people are hopping on, especially after the nerf to echoing (the REAL culprit).
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Vigor is fine. I play mag and stam of classes and really the healing feels acceptable both ways to where the game is fun, but after nerfing the HOTs on Rally and FM, I think any further and you will just make the game less fun. We could talk about the lack of defiles and major mending being prominent on 1 specific class, but I really don't think we need to go after anyone there.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ops post gotta be a joke or something
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New idea with the nerf to dots we should nerf impulse, meteor, poison injection, heroic slash .... because....?
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget that pesky animation canceling :p
    Nerf everything. Game will be more enjoyable when everyone is completely gutted.

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    No Vigor is fine. I play mag and stam of classes and really the healing feels acceptable both ways to where the game is fun, but after nerfing the HOTs on Rally and FM, I think any further and you will just make the game less fun. We could talk about the lack of defiles and major mending being prominent on 1 specific class, but I really don't think we need to go after anyone there.

People who play both specs tend to not ask for nerfs without providing specific evidence from both sides. So sick of these threads with no evidence or reasoning whatsoever. If you don’t have solid experience on at least one mag and one stam spec you shouldn’t be allowed to post balance threads or comment on them.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

People who play both specs tend to not ask for nerfs without providing specific evidence from both sides. So sick of these threads with no evidence or reasoning whatsoever. If you don’t have solid experience on at least one mag and one stam spec you shouldn’t be allowed to post balance threads or comment on them.

OK please hear me out.

Resolving Vigor is working good atm at countering dot builds, apparently dots are doing too much dmg than expected.
    So this means Resolving Vigor hot is performing at the same level of dots.
    if ZoS nerf dots this will mean vigor should be nerfed too to keep dots/hots on the same level.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed! Especially the people that claim this game 'caters only to stam or mag' have usually such a narrow view of this game that they shouldn't contribute to balance discussions at all until they at least try to play the other 'side'.

And just saying that vigor is op because of some random stam DK tooltips is pretty ridiculous. After all, you need two skills - not just vigor on its own - to achieve this. So for the love of god stop comparing vigor buffed by fragmented shields to other heals on their own. Fairer comparisons would be stuff like heals from extended ritual + vigor vs fragmented shield + vigor or fragmented shield + rapid regen vs fragmented shield + vigor for example.

Furthermore, the defense of stam DK resolves around solid self healing. Without it the class just wouldn't work since DKs don't have:
    - good escape tools (stamNB, stamsorc)
    - raw mobility (stamsorc, stamden)
    - good class purges (stamplar, stamcro).
    Edited by HankTwo on September 13, 2019 3:38PM
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK please hear me out.

Resolving Vigor is working good atm at countering dot builds, apparently dots are doing too much dmg than expected.
    if ZoS nerf dots this will mean vigor should be nerfed too to keep dots/hots on the same level.

Well if Vigors HOT counters DOTs and you intend to nerf DOTS; if you then nerf the HOTs you wind up with a net 0 effectiveness loss on DOTs so therefore no nerf.

tumblr_n6esxyP5IO1qc17ifo1_250.gif
    Edited by technohic on September 13, 2019 6:36PM
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biggest mistake you guys made on this thread was not looking who was the OP. Either a complete troll, or a complete troll, hard to say.
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    The circle of the Warriors Guild is healing more than Vigor...where is Vigor OP? At Least you get 8% dmg reduce too ^^
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on September 16, 2019 7:10AM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people should be forbidden from posting on the forums like @Delparis here...
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They did not say anything specific about nerfing single target dots. As far as I remember they said only that they will make damage of single target and AoE dots equal while AoE dots will be costing a lot more than single target dots.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 16, 2019 9:20AM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    Biggest mistake you guys made on this thread was not looking who was the OP. Either a complete troll, or a complete troll, hard to say.

Oh my... you are right :-D

This is the story of a time long ago – a time of myth and legend. When the ancient sorcerers were petty and cruel, and they plagued nightblades with cloak breaking curse, only one man dared to challenge their power – Delparis!
    Delparis possessed a forumcry the world had never seen – a strength surpassed only by the power of his Surprise Attack. He journeyed Tamriel – battling sorceres, sent by Zenimax, the all-powerful god of nerfs. But wherever there was evil, wherever an innocent nightblades would suffer from super overpowered sorcerers, there would be Delparis.

Any single post from Delparis is a hidden nerf sorc/buff NB thread. This one too.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 16, 2019 9:30AM
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK don't say that i didn't warn you about this.
    Soon BG and Cyrodiil will be run only by stam build and hard to kill players.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I generally only enter Cyrodiil to check the gold vendor once a week, and essentially all of my PvP is done in Battlegrounds. Being a 4v4v4 environment, I don't think it qualifies as zerging, and yet the "smart" targeting can certainly be a problem.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

I generally only enter Cyrodiil to check the gold vendor once a week, and essentially all of my PvP is done in Battlegrounds. Being a 4v4v4 environment, I don't think it qualifies as zerging, and yet the "smart" targeting can certainly be a problem.

agree, how many times i died in BG because my heal went to someone else.
    class skill can't self heal efficiently where vigor self heal. Something isn't right with this mechanic.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK please hear me out.

A normal stam build is gonna have 18-20k aside for DKs which have major mending. Even with minor mending fully buffed my Stamplar only has like 21k. 2 dots can nearly take care of that never mind direct damage, any other dots, poisons, procs, and so on. Medium armor is nearly unplayable for all but the very best players with the best performance. I’d say that vigor is just barely dealing with it and a slight adjustment might actually even things out. Also they shouldn’t be nerfing all dots only the ones they over buffed. Although that’s probably too much to hope for and vigor will be too strong and then next patch it will be nerfed to hell and so on.
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add a cast time on resto ulti ☻
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Just no
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerfing heals is dumb. People who want to play a high damage playstyle have it backwards.

In the last patch when they nerfed protective and pirate smelly all it did was push people to heavy armour. Some people cheered the changes and have no clue what they’re talking about, as soon as they tried their medium armour builds thinking it would help they got destroyed and changed back.

Nerf healing and defense any more and you’ll see nothing in pvp except heavy armour.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 16, 2019 3:58PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • sly007
    sly007
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love how OP use anecdotes to represent facts while ignoring simple arithmetic. Beside, vigor was already nerfed, and so was momentum. Stop with the "nerd vigor" threads.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Nerfing heals is dumb. People who want to play a high damage playstyle have it backwards.

In the last patch when they nerfed protective and pirate smelly all it did was push people to heavy armour. Some people cheered the changes and have no clue what they’re talking about, as soon as they tried their medium armour builds thinking it would help they got destroyed and changed back.

Nerf healing and defense any more and you’ll see nothing in pvp except heavy armour.

Actually Heavy Armor being beyond overtuned. Is completely different from balance in make DDs that Damage Dealers only. Having Stamina DDs in PvP that can out heal some healers. Is completely wrong.

The reason why you see people going to heavy instead of medium. Is because heavy armor is brokenly overtuned. The only reason why you don't see many magicka DDs wearing heavy. Because of the itemization imbalance between stamina heavy sets and no decent magicka heavy sets. If there was magicka versions of 7th Legion, Fury, and others. Trust me Magicka DDs would also use heavy.

What I would like to see is one of two things.

A.) Heavy Armor damage sets be completely nerfed, to allow room for medium armor.

or

B.) Give Magicka DDs the same versions of stamina's Damage based Heavy Armor sets.

That would be somewhat balanced. I personally would prefer option A.). Because in there is no balance in the fact tanky armor keep pace with glassy armor damage. While keeping it survivalbility. Thus will always be the cause of players choosing Heavy over Medium.

TL/DR : Heavy Armor damaging sets being overtuned. Is the offender to balance. Not Medium Armor being weak. Playing both Medium and Light Armor specs. I dare say Medium and Light are fairly in line with each other. Vigor does not need nerf Heavy Armor damage sets do!