Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 16
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Lair of Maarselok Veteran Dungeon guide - fully detailed with images and descriptions.

Pontypants
Thought I'd post my Lair of Maarselok guide here as well since you all seemed to enjoy my Moongrave Fane guide :) Thanks everyone for the positive feedback <3

https://esoplanet.com/lair-of-maarselok-dungeon-guide/

(Still working through Hard Mode -> I want to make sure what I write is accurate and helpful, stay tuned and thanks for your patience!)
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend ignoring the stranglers on the Cancroid fight. Why? Because if they are spawning, then your group DPS is already on the low side. And their spawn increases with time. So if the fight is already dragging out because of low DPS, then expending damage on the stranglers instead of the main targets will only serve to prolong the fight even more. And it doesn't take much to get to the point where stranglers are literally spawning faster than they can be killed.

The threat posed by the stranglers come not from theirs projectile hits (which is called Spit), but from the DoT resulting from those projectiles (which, confusingly, is also named Spit). This DoT is stackable and does damage on the order of about 1K/s per stack. If you just have a couple of stacks of the DoT, the damage is inconsequential and you can't even feel it. If you have 10 stacks of the DoT, you're a dead man walking. The key to dealing with the stranglers is to end the fight as quickly as possible (i.e., don't waste damage on the stranglers) and to use Efficient Purge to eliminate the DoT (which also resets the stacks to zero).

There's more about boss 3, boss 4, and boss 5 HM in various posts on the forum.
    Edited by code65536 on August 29, 2019 9:58AM
    PC/NA ― Officer of Nightfighters ― Officer and former GM of The Merchant's Reserve
    PC/EU ― Member of WipeKings
    @code65536 (NA)
    DC – Breton Nightblade – DD/Tank – Snow Oryx   ☙
    DC – Dunmer Dragonknight – DD/Tank – Cinder Oryx   ☙
    EP – Altmer Sorcerer – DD – Elim Crake
    DC – Breton Templar – Healer – Zebulon the Spirit Bear
    AD – Bosmer Nightblade – Tank – Higgs Bosmer
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Makeş-It-So
    DC – Redguard Sorceress – DD – Rallina Oryx
    DC – Altmer Nightblade – DD – Joyèd

@code4096 (NA)
    DC – Dunmer Nightblade – DD – Raven Oryx   ☙
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Takes-All-Blame
    DC – Altmer Sorceress – DD – Codegasm

@code65536 (EU)
    DC – Breton Nightblade – DD/Tank – Snow Øryx
    DC – Imperial Dragonknight – Tank – Codetank
    DC – Altmer Sorceress – DD – Stormy Øryx

The Flawless Conqueror  •  Dro-m'Athra Destroyer  •  Tick-Tock Tormentor  •  Voice of Reason  •  Bringer of Light  •  Blackrose Executioner  •  Extinguisher of Flames

Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDungeon TimerCombat AlertsSmart Looter

Guides: Sunspire MechanicsScalebreaker Dungeon Hard Modes
  • Pontypants
    Ah thanks Code! I will include that in the guide! Very much appreciated <3
    Edited by Pontypants on August 30, 2019 8:50PM
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great guide, I’ll use this when I get around to trying the new dungeon. Are there differences in hard mode and is it a scroll or conditional trigger?