Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azureblight Canroid is a surpzingly fitting name

notyuu
notyuu
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Would you not agree? after all it is basically a cancer on what is an otherwise fun and enjoyable dungeon, ya know with it's whole runing of runs due to the mobs that melt everything around them meaning you can't lay the dps on thick..oh, and lets not forget the stranglers that basically make it impossible for anybody with less than top tier meta dps to clear..ya know..the annoying things that spawn in and shoot you for 10K a pop..growing in number ever more and more if you take too long...and no, don't bother trying to kill them, they just respawn with increased numbers.

wtf/10 boss design
ruins an otherwise awesome dungeon.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what you mean by top tier dps.. is this normal mode or vet? You should be able to pull 20-30k dps (Closer to 30 than 20) If you are taking on vet DLC dungeons. If this is normal mode it sounds like your group needs more practice and optimization.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends on what you mean by top tier dps.. is this normal mode or vet? You should be able to pull 20-30k dps (Closer to 30 than 20) If you are taking on vet DLC dungeons. If this is normal mode it sounds like your group needs more practice and optimization.

talking vet, i pull ~35k dps
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need to have at least one of your DPS kitted our for AOE damage rather than single target.

Which, incidentally, is what the devs intend to happen this patch and going forward.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait this boss has adds besides the lurcher? The more you know I suppose.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to have at least one of your DPS kitted our for AOE damage rather than single target.

Which, incidentally, is what the devs intend to happen this patch and going forward.

AoE isn't very effective against the Stranglers considering how scattered they are. AoE does help if the tank drags the Lurcher in close to the boss while the boss is vulnerable. I think the group needs to average just above 50k DPS on the boss to get him down in three cycles. Any more than three cycles and chances are the Stranglers are going to overwhelm the group. You have twenty seconds each cycle where the boss is vulnerable so just missing one or two seconds will mean your DPS is going to need to be much higher than the 50k. The videos I have seen all bring the boss down in two cycles meaning you do not have to mess with Stranglers. Doing that requires the group to have 75k+ DPS on the boss the entire time he is vulnerable.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to do this one with a random group, was quite fun figuring it out. I don't think we had more than 40-50k dps but it worked once we learned what to focus.

The stranglers on the last boss were a lot worse I think, we didn't manage that one before I needed to sleep.
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    notyuu wrote: »
    lets not forget the stranglers that basically make it impossible for anybody with less than top tier meta dps to clear

I ran with two decent, but not great DPS and we cleared after a couple of wipes. You need the same sort of damage you have always needed for DLC dungeons: good DPS. It is entirely possible for mid-tier DPS if you focus down the lurcher and have a tank who positions well. This boss rests almost always on the tank otherwise.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the Cancroid is quite unforgiving. On the next boss you can get swarmed by adds and you can take 5 boss phases to dps Maarselok down and still do it without any issues. Try that on the Cancroid and you're toast during phase 4. The problem is that if the dds don't have enough dps to bring down the boss in 2-3 phases, then their dps is also too low to take down the stranglers fast enough. So there's no 'playing it safe' or 'longer but still workable' solution, it's a pretty nasty dps check with no alternative.

It was odd to see that in the middle of the dungeon tbh since none of my groups had issues on any of the other bosses including the endboss, yet it took cycling through 5 dds till we finally got a group that was able to kill it. :grimace: Had no issues like this in MGF either.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strategies for this fight:
    1. Hold the Infestor just outside of the center blue area. This minimizes the area denied by the Infestor's Blighted Ground since half of it will be in an area that is already off-limits. It also reduces the distance the seed carrier needs to traverse.
    2. Save ultimates for when the Cancroid's shield is brought down.
    3. The tank usually should not be the seed carrier since they must quickly taunt the new Infestor, which spawns immediately when the old Infestor dies.
    4. The tank should stack the new Infestor on the Cancroid when its shield is taken down, so that the Infestor could be cleaved.
    5. The Spit from the Azureblight Stranglers applies a damage-over-time effect. The damage from this effect is typically inconsequential, but it can stack if a player is being hit multiple times, and at high stacks, this effect is lethal. Having someone slot Efficient Purge is recommended if you are encountering a lot of stranglers. For players on PC, the Purge Tracker addon will light up if someone gets 4 or more stacks of the Spit effect.

https://youtu.be/YFHDSXfXbk8

notyuu wrote: »
    the stranglers that basically make it impossible for anybody with less than top tier meta dps to clear..ya know..the annoying things that spawn in and shoot you for 10K a pop
    The Spit projectiles don't hit that hard. The Spit DoT, on the other hand, if it stacks up too high, can tick for ridiculous amounts. I've seen it tick for as high as 11K when it went up to 12 stacks. Purging the effect not only stops the damage, but it also resets the stacks. Having someone run Efficient Purge can save a group from being overrun by stranglers.
    Edited by code65536 on August 23, 2019 4:18AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch