Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

In regards to the new scalebreaker feature, Multicraft. WARNING!

• rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another zos fail. Leave it to the add-on authors and concentrate on fixing the game
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Another zos fail. Leave it to the add-on authors and concentrate on fixing the game

How, by any stretch of the imagination is it "a fail"
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am very happy with this system: I immediately understood how it worked and the saving of time is enormous.
    I do not understand why some complain: there are real reasons to complain about other things, but for that, no!
    There are only "grumblers born" to not be satisfied by this progress and it is a French who tells you!
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I think they did a great job with this system. I need one less add-on now.

Agreed. 100%

The ONLY (minor) complaint I have is I wish we could just manually input a number instead of having to use the + and -

It's still quick with Shift + Click going up by 10, or mouse wheel to scroll... so it's only a minor complaint.

I will be interested to see how they implement this on console. Hopefully there's a way to increase the number by 10, or at least have the +/- rate speed up the longer the directional button is held.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Agreed. 100%

The ONLY (minor) complaint I have is I wish we could just manually input a number instead of having to use the + and -

It's still quick with Shift + Click going up by 10, or mouse wheel to scroll... so it's only a minor complaint.

I will be interested to see how they implement this on console. Hopefully there's a way to increase the number by 10, or at least have the +/- rate speed up the longer the directional button is held.

It appears to be the same as how the champion screen works for allocating CP. I don't know how it works on console, but if there's a way to do it "quicker" in that menu, I'd assume the same thing would work for this.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

Agreed. 100%

It appears to be the same as how the champion screen works for allocating CP. I don't know how it works on console, but if there's a way to do it "quicker" in that menu, I'd assume the same thing would work for this.

If it's similar to that and how removing items from the craft bag works, then there's no way to "step increase/decrease" the number, just mash down on the controller D-pad until you get the number you're after.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you Pc PPl stop complaining for a minute....and realize that console has been having to craft potions 4 at a time. This feature is for us, just wait a week or so for an add on to fix most of the issues...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the speed of it, but I got zero gold mats when it auto refined all my raw mats (easily over 1-2k of each). Considering I've always been able to count on an average of about 1 gold temper per 200, I'm a wee bit miffed. So, while I'm glad some people are seeing the same drop rates as before, I will not be using this feature again.

However, the way it's set up now is a total pain for people like me who don't want it. So, what I'd like to see is either a toggle to turn multi craft on/off, set the default to be MIN not MAX, or at least have it so that once I set it to MIN/1 it stays at that default until I close the crafting window.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »
    Can you Pc PPl stop complaining for a minute....and realize that console has been having to craft potions 4 at a time. This feature is for us, just wait a week or so for an add on to fix most of the issues...

PC person here, definitely not complaining. This change is huge for ALL players!

Multicraft (the addon) was a workaround, it merely saved us from having to click repeatedly to make stuff in bulk, but it didn't save us any time. (I imagine, you could have used a rubberband on your controller on Console to achieve a similar result)

Multicraft (the game change) makes the process (nearly) instantaneous
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the speed of it, but I got zero gold mats when it auto refined all my raw mats (easily over 1-2k of each). Considering I've always been able to count on an average of about 1 gold temper per 200, I'm a wee bit miffed. So, while I'm glad some people are seeing the same drop rates as before, I will not be using this feature again.

However, the way it's set up now is a total pain for people like me who don't want it. So, what I'd like to see is either a toggle to turn multi craft on/off, set the default to be MIN not MAX, or at least have it so that once I set it to MIN/1 it stays at that default until I close the crafting window.

Sorry, your RNG was not good on this refinement. But 1k materials is a very small amount.

I refined approximately 30k worth of BS/WW/Jewelry materials and the drop rates were all the same (or very similar) to those on live.

I also tested it with approximately 20k worth of materials when it was released on PTS, saw the exact same results.

The drop rates are still the same.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NKT_RNVkDEvR5_j4wUQEVn9wOB5w2U5U5eJX0xCeZOo/edit#gid=0

Simplified version of my drops. This is YESTERDAY ONLY. Since Multicraft was introduced on PC

Normal drop rates are 1.5% Green, 1.25% Blue, 0.75% Purple, and 0.5% Gold.

As you can see... they're essentially the same.

I also posted the PTS results here about a month ago
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/484205/pts-multiple-crafting-changes#latest
    Edited by tmbrinks on August 13, 2019 5:00PM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Only issue I have with it is the deconstruct part. Leveling JC on my alt account I can select all the items but in gamepad mode it shows duplicates as a singe stack. So selecting the ring that I have 200 of I can't mass decon it by itself and if I add another item so the option is allowed it will only decon 1 of each from those stacks.

I like how the crafting max does it instantly. This feature has saved me quite a bit of time already. Now if they could just add something to favorite recipes and potions/poisons I could lose the addons I use to help with making my writ items.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry, your RNG was not good on this refinement. But 1k materials is a very small amount.

I refined approximately 30k worth of BS/WW/Jewelry materials and the drop rates were all the same (or very similar) to those on live.

I also tested it with approximately 20k worth of materials when it was released on PTS, saw the exact same results.

Again, I'm happy for you that you saw no difference, but my experience was different and I don't believe it's less valid. 1-2k of each type of raw mat may be a very small amount to you, but for me that's been my weekly average accumulation giving me a healthy amount of gold tempers per week for crafting/trading etc. I've never had anything close to 30k raw mats at any one time.

My first multi craft of approximately 5-6k total in ores, silks, ruby wood etc. represents a reasonable comparison for me, and as it's also the first time that I've received zero gold tempers from that many. Definitely not normal in my experience.

Cheers

— NPC, The Rift
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, I'm happy for you that you saw no difference, but my experience was different and I don't believe it's less valid. 1-2k of each type of raw mat may be a very small amount to you, but for me that's been my weekly average accumulation giving me a healthy amount of gold tempers per week for crafting/trading etc. I've never had anything close to 30k raw mats at any one time.

My first multi craft of approximately 5-6k total in ores, silks, ruby wood etc. represents a reasonable comparison for me, and as it's also the first time that I've received zero gold tempers from that many. Definitely not normal in my experience.

Cheers

I was merely referring to drawing statistical conclusions from a small sample size. Statistical argument only.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a BUG when refining all of your mats at once where you don't get a single gold temper from large stacks of mats.

NOT .. A .. SINGLE .. GOLD .. TEMPER

@ZOS_GinaBruno

And yes, i know how (weighted) RNG works.
    In 6 years with this game i never ever had zero gold tempers when refining several thousand mats by hand.

Now i get zero tempers quite frequently when using the new UI ...
    dry.gif

• Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭

I was merely referring to drawing statistical conclusions from a small sample size. Statistical argument only.

Fair enough, but I'm sticking with the MIN setting until more people have a chance to test it out. :)

— NPC, The Rift
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fair enough, but I'm sticking with the MIN setting until more people have a chance to test it out. :)

It was heavily tested on PTS though, @Lady_Scorp72 ... with most of the credit going to @tmbrinks.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459690/tracking-daily-writ-reward-drop-rates-refining-rates#latest
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on August 13, 2019 7:42PM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gray_Raven wrote: »
    Hi,

I selected "max" amount of craftable potions to make in alchemy without realizing the craft would be instant, consuming all of my mats I selected.
    Like the addon multicraft before this one, I assumed the craft would not be instant and I could cancel out the craft when I thought I had enough by using alt to stop the process. I don't recall there being a confirmation prompt and if there is not one, there should absolutely be one! Just a heads up, as I suspect there will many of these cases occurring.

This system, we were told, was going to be faster and more efficient than how things have been processed in the past. They did not say you would be able to process, one at a time, at a continuous pace automatically. That was your assumption.

Hard to defend your position when it seems that you decided how it would work before doing any checking on how Zos said it would work.

IMHO

:#
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't see this on the PS4. Is it a PC-only change?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Think you should get it after Tomorrows console maintenance.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

Think you should get it after Tomorrows console maintenance.

Thanks for the note on that then!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll get it with Scalebreaker release on August 29th for Consoles
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I’ve seen all that @Taleof2Cities, and I am not saying my first run isn’t an outlier, just that the PTS testing has not convinced me that there aren’t issues with it on Live. For now, I’m not willing to try multicraft again until I see more feedback. I was merely sharing my experience and how I would like to see multicraft have a toggle or MIN default option.

— NPC, The Rift
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I think its a bit busted, refined 64 (640) ruby ash and got 6 rosin, refined 120 (1.2k) raw hide and literally got 0 wax =(
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the refinement changes. Honestly, I wish we'd had this since the game came out. I finally went back and refined all the miscellaneous Cotton, Jute, Rawhide etc. I'd never bothered with after leveling out of range.

ZOS has done questionable things before (I'm looking at you, most-recently-picked-up-quest-becomes-active-automatically change!) but this isn't one of them. Kudos for ZOS!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not ashamed to say that I wasn't paying attention between crafting stations and crafted three of each item for the writ I was working on. As soon as I saw that I learned and will likely only do it several hundred more times as i'm kind of a doofus.

On a serious note, it would be nice if they can iterate further and give some additional toggles so that people can better customize to their liking. For me personally I am definitely excited about this and look forward to it being improved upon.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should not craft more than 1 unless you ask it to do so. The only possible exception might be food, but that should still be an option.

PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Gray_Raven
    Gray_Raven
    ✭✭
    Allow me to reiterate, I'm not bashing this new feature, I think it's great! I didn't know that the craft would be instant, that's on me, I'm not blaming anyone. I don't follow every detail of what is to come and stick to following mostly the combat changes when updates like this happen. What I'm simply saying is to be careful when making your craft. Much like buying gold items from some vendor merchants, you receive a confirmation prompt to be truly sure you know what you're getting into. When you're potentially putting high amounts of materials on the line, some being very costly, I would think the same concept should be implemented is all. :)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve always had the nagging feeling that the RNG of this game is a slow, time-varying sinusoidal function. Sorry for the nerd math terms, but it just means that I’ll be doing something for a while (farming, refining, stealing) and things will get good for a while, followed by a long bit of nothing good, then repeat again. I used to refine every time I deconned gear, but I didn’t seem to get much, so I then started doing at least 500 items at a time. I feel like the larger batches gave better returns, like you ride out those long nothing periods and get back to the good ones. Perhaps refining all at once like you are now doing causes you to be down in the nothing part of the curve and that gets applied to all at once rather than stretching it out? Maybe that explains why some of you got gold tempers and others got nothing?

I think I’ll just keep refining and crafting one item at a time when this comes to consoles. The instantaneous feedback on what is happening in that large batch of instantaneous refining isn’t as satisfying as seeing it add up with each click.

EDIT: I now this sounds crazy coming from someone who’s has a good math background, but it’s always what I’m thinking in the back of my mind while playing.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on August 14, 2019 5:00AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Gray_Raven wrote: »
    Hi,

I selected "max" amount of craftable potions to make in alchemy without realizing the craft would be instant, consuming all of my mats I selected.
    Like the addon multicraft before this one, I assumed the craft would not be instant and I could cancel out the craft when I thought I had enough by using alt to stop the process. I don't recall there being a confirmation prompt and if there is not one, there should absolutely be one! Just a heads up, as I suspect there will many of these cases occurring.

This system, we were told, was going to be faster and more efficient than how things have been processed in the past. They did not say you would be able to process, one at a time, at a continuous pace automatically. That was your assumption.

Hard to defend your position when it seems that you decided how it would work before doing any checking on how Zos said it would work.

IMHO

:#

Well how it works is BS .And it need to be fix,And really what did you add to this nothing.