Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

In regards to the new scalebreaker feature, Multicraft. WARNING!

Gray_Raven
Gray_Raven
✭✭
Hi,

I selected "max" amount of craftable potions to make in alchemy without realizing the craft would be instant, consuming all of my mats I selected.
Like the addon multicraft before this one, I assumed the craft would not be instant and I could cancel out the craft when I thought I had enough by using alt to stop the process. I don't recall there being a confirmation prompt and if there is not one, there should absolutely be one! Just a heads up, as I suspect there will many of these cases occurring.
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    It is not good and need to be removed.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh, they mentioned multiple times, including on ESO Live, that it would be instant. Dunno how you all missed it.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    stuartx13 wrote: »
    It is not good and need to be removed.

Are you serious? Best ask for a toogleable setting.
    Edited by Deep_01 on August 13, 2019 4:41AM
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    If there was a way to lock it to the number you like ok.But if you set it to do 100 stack and the click it twice first one is 100 the the next one jump's to max.
    Edited by stuartx13 on August 13, 2019 5:56AM
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they always said this would be an instantly create them all thing.
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    Refining mats is now ridiculous.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The units are inconsistent and misleading for Refinement. On the left side are units. On the right side where you choose your input, it's number of refinements, NOT units. So that number x10 is the units consumed.
  • Ariont
    Ariont
    ✭✭✭
    This is the most insane thing ever. You either click min and do 1 at a time or lose everything in your inventory. I heard about problems and was doing my ancestor silk and only doing min. each time. One slip and I suddenly lost 10k raw silk and got NO Gold Mats in refining.

I used to refine 200 and it scrolled between them and you got mats and even if I got 1 gold mat per hundred it was better than 10k worth of mats and NO GOLD MATS. so much for me crafting until this mess is fixed.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's great! I actually waited to refine lots of mats when this patch was announced!

It is a great feature. I tested it with small amounts and I only went to max when so knew that's what I wanted. It's really good, I thank ZOS very much.

Please don't remove. Don't have me type CONFIRM every time I want to refine mats or craft some hundreds potions.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    Ya lost 8k only a few gold it Is BS.
    Edited by stuartx13 on August 13, 2019 5:41AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would you have gotten the gold mats doing them one by one?

I would much rather have instant with all the same results. No reason they can't loop through and give you what you would get if you slogged through it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    ok, the problem I had was using over 4.6k ore .. but then found it will say 460 but that is actually 4.6k .. so if you decrease it to say 46 in the thing you can do small lots in one hit (but not all of them) Needed better explanation I think
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gray_Raven wrote: »
    Hi,

I selected "max" amount of craftable potions to make in alchemy without realizing the craft would be instant, consuming all of my mats I selected

We were already told that crafting would be instant.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got multiple gold mats refining all crafts raw mats. Seemed to be the same percentage as if I did them the old way.
    PC/EU DC
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The trick to most watch out for is with furnishings yes.

Too easy with the slip of a paw to end up crafting 45 Nord crockpots and end up losing all your mats in exchange for a lukewarm buffet lunch set for ten people.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it for refining mats, but for crafting potions it should default to min. In fact it should just default to min for everything. Let us make the decision to increase it to Max if we want. Honestly they could have just copied the multicraft add-on and everyone would be happy.
    PC/EU DC
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you have gotten the gold mats doing them one by one?

I would much rather have instant with all the same results. No reason they can't loop through and give you what you would get if you slogged through it.

It does give the same results.

I don't know what people are talking about. I refined over 70k raw mats yesterday, all the drops were in normal percentages
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, the problem I had was using over 4.6k ore .. but then found it will say 460 but that is actually 4.6k .. so if you decrease it to say 46 in the thing you can do small lots in one hit (but not all of them) Needed better explanation I think

That's EXACTLY how the numbers worked before. You did "1" refine and it used 10 of your mats.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they did a great job with this system. I need one less add-on now.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    I think they did a great job with this system. I need one less add-on now.

Agreed. 100%

The ONLY (minor) complaint I have is I wish we could just manually input a number instead of having to use the + and -

It's still quick with Shift + Click going up by 10, or mouse wheel to scroll... so it's only a minor complaint.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like so many things zeni has tried to implement, I like the add on better. Like the buff trackers, scrolling damage numbers, nameplates, and guild store UI enhancements, the community did it first and did it better.
    Edited by Reverb on August 13, 2019 1:19PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Like so man hints zeni has tried to implement, I like the add on better. Like the buff trackers, scrolling damage numbers, nameplates, and guild store UI enhancements, the community did it first and did it better.

So you'd still rather it take hours to refine a large amount of materials, or have it done in seconds?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Like so man hints zeni has tried to implement, I like the add on better. Like the buff trackers, scrolling damage numbers, nameplates, and guild store UI enhancements, the community did it first and did it better.

So you'd still rather it take hours to refine a large amount of materials, or have it done in seconds?

I can refine 10k silk in minutes with the addon, all while being notified of the refinement mats I collect with each tick. I can do stacks and stacks of silk, leather, wood, ore and dust within 15 minutes with the addon. Again, while monitoring my drops the whole time. It’s very satisfying.

I have no idea what you’re doing wrong that it takes you hours.

Wait...that’s because it doesn’t. You’re using absurdly inflated, imaginary stats rather than making a cogent counterpoint. It doesn’t prove your point, it just makes you look foolish in the eyes of people who know better. I see you.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can refine 10k silk in minutes with the addon, all while being notified of the refinement mats I collect with each tick. I can do stacks and stacks of silk, leather, wood, ore and dust within 15 minutes with the addon. Again, while monitoring my drops the whole time. It’s very satisfying.

Wait...that’s because it doesn’t. You’re using absurdly inflated, imaginary stats rather than making a cogent counterpoint. It doesn’t prove your point, it just makes you look foolish in the eyes of people who know better. I see you.

People playing on console don't have add ons.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Uh, they mentioned multiple times, including on ESO Live, that it would be instant. Dunno how you all missed it.

Yea this

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »

People playing on console don't have add ons.

I fully agree and support that console players should get these QoL improvements! Should have had this a long time ago.

It doesn’t change this I feel the addon creator did it better than the zeni devs.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no need to lie about how quickly you get it done. Multicraft did right about 1 refine a second (to avoid booting you from the server for spamming). 10k materials is 1,000 refines = 1,000 seconds = 17 minutes.

I did 70,000 materials yesterday, that's 116 minutes. essentially 2 hours to refine, that I did in under a minute with the changes.

Sucks when the math doesn't agree with your statement.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did 70,000 materials yesterday, that's 116 minutes. essentially 2 hours to refine, that I did in under a minute with the changes.

Looking forward to see this working on consoles.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to see this working on consoles.

It's a huge change. Enormous. Game-changing for crafters.

It's better than multicraft because it's instantaneous. Multicraft for the PC just automated the process, you'd still have to wait though the ESO cooldown, this is truly instantaneous.

(and if somebody is still sadistic enough to want to see each individual refine... they can still do that! )
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no need to lie about how quickly you get it done. Multicraft did right about 1 refine a second (to avoid booting you from the server for spamming). 10k materials is 1,000 refines = 1,000 seconds = 17 minutes.

Sucks when the math doesn't agree with your statement.

I should actually be more clear. I refined approximately 70,000 materials on my MAIN account yesterday. Add in my alt account, and it was actually 132,870 raw materials.

The drop rates for improvement mats were within statistical norms of what you'd expect.

And it took me under 5 minutes (while recording the amount of drops), instead of 3 1/2 hours like it would have previously.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQDUjYNQVsIFl0ktkbkSlfYPkzP6pgCOTMQ-qCuzfaI/edit#gid=1160528222

Data is all here.