Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• ESO Website for maintenance – August 22, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC)

In regards to the new scalebreaker feature, Multicraft. WARNING!

Gray_Raven
Gray_Raven
✭✭
Hi,

I selected "max" amount of craftable potions to make in alchemy without realizing the craft would be instant, consuming all of my mats I selected.
Like the addon multicraft before this one, I assumed the craft would not be instant and I could cancel out the craft when I thought I had enough by using alt to stop the process. I don't recall there being a confirmation prompt and if there is not one, there should absolutely be one! Just a heads up, as I suspect there will many of these cases occurring.
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    If there was a way to lock it to the number you like ok.But if you set it to do 100 stack and the click it twice first one is 100 the the next one jump's to max.
    Edited by stuartx13 on August 13, 2019 5:56AM
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they always said this would be an instantly create them all thing.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno The units are inconsistent and misleading for Refinement. On the left side are units. On the right side where you choose your input, it's number of refinements, NOT units. So that number x10 is the units consumed.
  • Ariont
    Ariont
    This is the most insane thing ever. You either click min and do 1 at a time or lose everything in your inventory. I heard about problems and was doing my ancestor silk and only doing min. each time. One slip and I suddenly lost 10k raw silk and got NO Gold Mats in refining.

    I used to refine 200 and it scrolled between them and you got mats and even if I got 1 gold mat per hundred it was better than 10k worth of mats and NO GOLD MATS. so much for me crafting until this mess is fixed.
  • stuartx13
    stuartx13
    ✭✭✭
    Ya lost 8k only a few gold it Is BS.
    Edited by stuartx13 on August 13, 2019 5:41AM
  • Lady_Lindel
    Lady_Lindel
    ✭✭✭
    ok, the problem I had was using over 4.6k ore .. but then found it will say 460 but that is actually 4.6k .. so if you decrease it to say 46 in the thing you can do small lots in one hit (but not all of them) Needed better explanation I think
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray_Raven wrote: »
    Hi,

    I selected "max" amount of craftable potions to make in alchemy without realizing the craft would be instant, consuming all of my mats I selected

    We were already told that crafting would be instant.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"

    Speaker of Sons of the Night Mother guild [PS4][EU]

    1200+ CP
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got multiple gold mats refining all crafts raw mats. Seemed to be the same percentage as if I did them the old way.
    PC/EU DC
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like so many things zeni has tried to implement, I like the add on better. Like the buff trackers, scrolling damage numbers, nameplates, and guild store UI enhancements, the community did it first and did it better.
    Edited by Reverb on August 13, 2019 1:19PM
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Like so man hints zeni has tried to implement, I like the add on better. Like the buff trackers, scrolling damage numbers, nameplates, and guild store UI enhancements, the community did it first and did it better.

    So you'd still rather it take hours to refine a large amount of materials, or have it done in seconds?
    Healer - Retired Raiders - - - Raid Leader - Nightfighters
    Elearium - Argonian Warden - EP - Bringer of Light - Welkynar Liberator - Extinguisher of Flames - Voice of Reason - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Divayth Fyr’s Coadjuster - Blackrose Executioner - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR27 - 36.3k+ Achievement Points
    Elorím - Argonian Warden - DC - Bringer of Light - Voice of Reason - Divayth Fyr's Coadjuster - Sunspire Saint - Blackrose Executioner
    Elearíum - Breton Templar - DC - Extinguisher of Flames - Bringer of Light - Blackrose Executioner - Flawless Conqueror
    Elorim - Altmer Templar - EP - Flawless Conqueror - Sunspire Saint
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Like so man hints zeni has tried to implement, I like the add on better. Like the buff trackers, scrolling damage numbers, nameplates, and guild store UI enhancements, the community did it first and did it better.

    So you'd still rather it take hours to refine a large amount of materials, or have it done in seconds?

    I can refine 10k silk in minutes with the addon, all while being notified of the refinement mats I collect with each tick. I can do stacks and stacks of silk, leather, wood, ore and dust within 15 minutes with the addon. Again, while monitoring my drops the whole time. It’s very satisfying.

    I have no idea what you’re doing wrong that it takes you hours.

    Wait...that’s because it doesn’t. You’re using absurdly inflated, imaginary stats rather than making a cogent counterpoint. It doesn’t prove your point, it just makes you look foolish in the eyes of people who know better. I see you.
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Like so man hints zeni has tried to implement, I like the add on better. Like the buff trackers, scrolling damage numbers, nameplates, and guild store UI enhancements, the community did it first and did it better.

    So you'd still rather it take hours to refine a large amount of materials, or have it done in seconds?

    I can refine 10k silk in minutes with the addon, all while being notified of the refinement mats I collect with each tick. I can do stacks and stacks of silk, leather, wood, ore and dust within 15 minutes with the addon. Again, while monitoring my drops the whole time. It’s very satisfying.

    I have no idea what you’re doing wrong that it takes you hours.

    Wait...that’s because it doesn’t. You’re using absurdly inflated, imaginary stats rather than making a cogent counterpoint. It doesn’t prove your point, it just makes you look foolish in the eyes of people who know better. I see you.

    People playing on console don't have add ons.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Uh, they mentioned multiple times, including on ESO Live, that it would be instant. Dunno how you all missed it.

    Yea this
    Altmer Sorceror, magicka
    Bosmer Nightblade, stamina.
    Imperial Templar, stamina
    Redguard Warden, stamina

    Aldmeri Dominion!
    PC EU
    PvP only
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Like so man hints zeni has tried to implement, I like the add on better. Like the buff trackers, scrolling damage numbers, nameplates, and guild store UI enhancements, the community did it first and did it better.

    So you'd still rather it take hours to refine a large amount of materials, or have it done in seconds?

    I can refine 10k silk in minutes with the addon, all while being notified of the refinement mats I collect with each tick. I can do stacks and stacks of silk, leather, wood, ore and dust within 15 minutes with the addon. Again, while monitoring my drops the whole time. It’s very satisfying.

    I have no idea what you’re doing wrong that it takes you hours.

    Wait...that’s because it doesn’t. You’re using absurdly inflated, imaginary stats rather than making a cogent counterpoint. It doesn’t prove your point, it just makes you look foolish in the eyes of people who know better. I see you.

    People playing on console don't have add ons.

    I fully agree and support that console players should get these QoL improvements! Should have had this a long time ago.

    It doesn’t change this I feel the addon creator did it better than the zeni devs.
    Armitas wrote: »
    This game is so broken I don't even know how people distinguish CE from negligent development.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I did 70,000 materials yesterday, that's 116 minutes. essentially 2 hours to refine, that I did in under a minute with the changes.

    Looking forward to see this working on consoles.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"

    Speaker of Sons of the Night Mother guild [PS4][EU]

    1200+ CP
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    I did 70,000 materials yesterday, that's 116 minutes. essentially 2 hours to refine, that I did in under a minute with the changes.

    Looking forward to see this working on consoles.

    It's a huge change. Enormous. Game-changing for crafters.

    It's better than multicraft because it's instantaneous. Multicraft for the PC just automated the process, you'd still have to wait though the ESO cooldown, this is truly instantaneous.

    (and if somebody is still sadistic enough to want to see each individual refine... they can still do that! )
    Healer - Retired Raiders - - - Raid Leader - Nightfighters
    Elearium - Argonian Warden - EP - Bringer of Light - Welkynar Liberator - Extinguisher of Flames - Voice of Reason - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Divayth Fyr’s Coadjuster - Blackrose Executioner - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR27 - 36.3k+ Achievement Points
    Elorím - Argonian Warden - DC - Bringer of Light - Voice of Reason - Divayth Fyr's Coadjuster - Sunspire Saint - Blackrose Executioner
    Elearíum - Breton Templar - DC - Extinguisher of Flames - Bringer of Light - Blackrose Executioner - Flawless Conqueror
    Elorim - Altmer Templar - EP - Flawless Conqueror - Sunspire Saint
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    Like so man hints zeni has tried to implement, I like the add on better. Like the buff trackers, scrolling damage numbers, nameplates, and guild store UI enhancements, the community did it first and did it better.

    So you'd still rather it take hours to refine a large amount of materials, or have it done in seconds?

    I can refine 10k silk in minutes with the addon, all while being notified of the refinement mats I collect with each tick. I can do stacks and stacks of silk, leather, wood, ore and dust within 15 minutes with the addon. Again, while monitoring my drops the whole time. It’s very satisfying.

    I have no idea what you’re doing wrong that it takes you hours.

    Wait...that’s because it doesn’t. You’re using absurdly inflated, imaginary stats rather than making a cogent counterpoint. It doesn’t prove your point, it just makes you look foolish in the eyes of people who know better. I see you.

    There is no need to lie about how quickly you get it done. Multicraft did right about 1 refine a second (to avoid booting you from the server for spamming). 10k materials is 1,000 refines = 1,000 seconds = 17 minutes.

    I did 70,000 materials yesterday, that's 116 minutes. essentially 2 hours to refine, that I did in under a minute with the changes.

    Sucks when the math doesn't agree with your statement.

    I should actually be more clear. I refined approximately 70,000 materials on my MAIN account yesterday. Add in my alt account, and it was actually 132,870 raw materials.

    The drop rates for improvement mats were within statistical norms of what you'd expect.

    And it took me under 5 minutes (while recording the amount of drops), instead of 3 1/2 hours like it would have previously.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yQDUjYNQVsIFl0ktkbkSlfYPkzP6pgCOTMQ-qCuzfaI/edit#gid=1160528222

    Data is all here.
    Healer - Retired Raiders - - - Raid Leader - Nightfighters
    Elearium - Argonian Warden - EP - Bringer of Light - Welkynar Liberator - Extinguisher of Flames - Voice of Reason - Dro-m’Athra Destroyer - Flawless Conquerer - Former Empress - Divayth Fyr’s Coadjuster - Blackrose Executioner - Master Angler - Grand Master Crafter - AR27 - 36.3k+ Achievement Points
    Elorím - Argonian Warden - DC - Bringer of Light - Voice of Reason - Divayth Fyr's Coadjuster - Sunspire Saint - Blackrose Executioner
    Elearíum - Breton Templar - DC - Extinguisher of Flames - Bringer of Light - Blackrose Executioner - Flawless Conqueror
    Elorim - Altmer Templar - EP - Flawless Conqueror - Sunspire Saint
Sign In or Register to comment.