Maintenance for the week of August 19:
• ESO Website for maintenance – August 22, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC)

Update 23 Combat Q&A

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hello everyone,

We know there’s been some questions surrounding some of the combat ability or itemization changes you’ve seen from the PTS patch notes, and we’d like to have the opportunity to clarify and clear up some concerns. We were previously planning for our next ESO Live to focus on answering questions about a lot of the upcoming combat changes in Update 23, currently on the PTS. However, due to circumstances beyond our control (including team members being ill or out of the office), we are forced to cancel the show. In its place, though, we’d like to publish a written Q&A here on the forums.

We’ll be pulling questions mainly from this forum thread. While we'll do our best to answer as many as we can, please understand we won't be able to get to every question. Make sure your question is specifically for something coming in Update 23 and you post it by Friday (tomorrow) at 10am EDT. At that time, this thread will be locked, and we'll post replies in a new thread.

As always, keep our community rules in mind; any non-constructive or bashing posts will be removed and actioned as necessary.

Thank you!
Gina Bruno
Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | Facebook | Twitter
Staff Post
  • aaylas
    aaylas
    ✭✭
    I'd be ooo/ill too rather than try to explain why end game raids consist almost entirely of a paid class, or why I am implementing fairly unpopular combat changes that homogenize the bar setup of every class
  • notnsane
    notnsane
    ✭✭✭
    I play only 1 thing on this game: a Redguard Disease Nighblade. In the last year you have nerfed this archetype over and over, and I'm not sure where it stands now, or if it can keep up with Veteran content. The archetype has only 1 or 2 Sets to use, so it's not like I have options. Velidreth got nerfed too.

So my question is, can you make sure it can still clear all content? Can you add more Disease Sets?

It took me two years to have decent gear on this character, and I'm very fond of it. I won't change class, damage type or anything except rotations. I'm sorry for other players if my damage isn't enough, but it won't be my fault.
  • SenpaiNFT
    SenpaiNFT
    ✭✭✭
    Was the intent of nerfing the HoT off of Rally and Forward to compensate for the buff to Vigor? If so, why then, when Vigor was nerfed, was some form of that HoT not returned? Anyone who has tried dueling in Medium armor on the PTS against ANY magicka class with these new dots understands just how much the loss of healing from Vigor has caused medium armor to underperform. Is there any plans at all to adjust Stamina’s healing to be competitive with the likes of Rapid Regen and the new DoTs?
  • Daus
    Daus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvP has barely gotten any attention to the point where it doesn't look like it's even a partial focus to this development team. Literally every dlc caters to PvE. Do you plan on changing that? Maybe give 1 PvP DLC per year in the rotation? Or should PvPers take the hint and go elsewhere?
  • Daus
    Daus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Racial balance for stam classes is terrible. Orc is BiS for every class, and Nords still aren't viable for DPS even though according to lore Nords are suppose to be the aggressive warriors, and Orcs are the tanky brutes/Craftsmen.

Do you plan on addressing this at all?
  • Daus
    Daus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Medium armor passives are the weakest in the game. Do you plan on bringing them up to par with light armor?
  • Daus
    Daus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do delayed Burst abilities such as Scorch or Curse do so much damage? Since they can be combo'd with other forms of burst damage it makes them a little too strong; especially considering the fact that they're both undodgeable.

Do you plan on adjusting them or do you think stacking two high burst attacks at once is fine?
  • Rocket_Surgeon
    Rocket_Surgeon
    Soul Shriven
    Could you explain the reasoning behind the changes to the proc condition for the Veiled Heritance set?
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My list of question(mainly from pvp pov)
    • any chance of making shield playstyle feel less spamming? refreshing shields every 5 sec even if you did not take damage does not feel very fun
    • sorcerer new surge skill seems really underwhelming and extreme hard to trigger for any dd or other spec without a healing staff. Considering that sorc do not have any other class heals to trigger is nor any passive to boost the heals.Are there any changes planned to make the skill better?
    • Is there any hope of a complete pet rework? They are either to strong or too weak and that most of the time of the wrong reasons. You can not target the caster = strong but it is not really a fun way to fight. Weak because they die non-stop in open combat and you are just re-summon them endless(trust me nothing is more annoying than to re-summon the pet 50 times in a row because some sniper really hates your pet). Melee pets have problems with snares and roots(especial the necro bone blast is useless snared or rooted). Pets are extreme hard to keep alive since only very limited skills protect them. (e.g. you almost can not keep the sorc scamp alive if you do not have the twilight to heal it). sorc pets on both bars also is annoying. They either have to extreme strong to be worth 2 slots+the drain to keep them alive or they are useless. there is nothing inbetween
    • Did the combat team take into considerations the missing healing passives while making the standardization to the heals? There is an extreme dispensation between how strong heals are on different classes. Same goes for shields(no crit, and only really short life-time, no block mitigation, no damage reduction passive)
    • Any plan to change encase to also work on root-immune targets or will this skill just do absolute nothing against them? (neither give major vital or do damage)
    • Was in this patch some fix for the streak bug? streak bug =getting randomly stuck at a spot when using streak
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
This discussion has been closed.