The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bot farmers on PS4 are getting better

Kuramas9tails
Kuramas9tails
✭✭✭✭✭
So the bot farmers on PS4 use to stand around in one place as Sorcs and pets and heavy attack and used one guy to gather everything but they improved.

Now, as I am sitting in Khenathris Roost, bots are now on a route where it is programed to take the same route and hit every resource node that is programed. They even have it programed so that the one using the exploit on Khenarthis Roost (the ore/platinum that respawns every 45 seconds to a minute or so) can out press your button mashing and you will NEVER get the node before them. EVER. Believe me, I tired. Now when I say they are on a route, I mean you will see 4 or so running different routes so they aren't overlapping nodes.

I reported them but ZOS literally needs to send someone to this location and seriously watch this *** happen because it's not my job to run around and report every single one of these mofos. It happens a lot on the starting islands (Khenarthis Roost, Bleakrock, Betnikh, and Stros). ZOS should just send a person to these locations once a week and check on it. It should be a normal routine I think. Khenarthis is one of my favorite farming spots because of the scene and music and bots are ruining it.
Edited by Kuramas9tails on January 28, 2019 6:04PM
    Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
    New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
    AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
    AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
    FOR THE QUEEN!
    PS4/NA
    • Starlock
      Starlock
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They've been doing this on xbox for at least a year (probably two). It may not be new, it may be that you were int he area and noticed it for the first time. Report when you can, hope that Zenimax hires actual game masters again as well.
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Starlock wrote: »
      They've been doing this on xbox for at least a year (probably two). It may not be new, it may be that you were int he area and noticed it for the first time. Report when you can, hope that Zenimax hires actual game masters again as well.
      I farm a lot but this is only a recent issue and I bring it up now because I can't farm at Khenarthis anymore because the bots are all over it.
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • BWS2K
        BWS2K
        ✭✭✭
        Bots are a nightmare on consoles, I've heard. My condolences. Definitely report them as often as you like - once a day or more. I do (PC/NA).
      • SocialAssassin
        SocialAssassin
        ✭✭✭
        I have run into this too recently on Bleakrock Isle. Have you ever thought of recording it? That way you would have proof? Because I have.
        “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
      • SocialAssassin
        SocialAssassin
        ✭✭✭
        So the bot farmers on PS4 use to stand around in one place as Sorcs and pets and heavy attack and used one guy to gather everything but they improved.

Now, as I am sitting in Khenathris Roost, bots are now on a route where it is programed to take the same route and hit every resource node that is programed. They even have it programed so that the one using the exploit on Khenarthis Roost (the ore/platinum that respawns every 45 seconds to a minute or so) can out press your button mashing and you will NEVER get the node before them. EVER. Believe me, I tired. Now when I say they are on a route, I mean you will see 4 or so running different routes so they aren't overlapping nodes.

I reported them but ZOS literally needs to send someone to this location and seriously watch this *** happen because it's not my job to run around and report every single one of these mofos. It happens a lot on the starting islands (Khenarthis Roost, Bleakrock, Betnikh, and Stros). ZOS should just send a person to these locations once a week and check on it. It should be a normal routine I think. Khenarthis is one of my favorite farming spots because of the scene and music and bots are ruining it.

And for the record, I don't see them sending anyone out. Because they would more than likely pay someone to do it.
        “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
      • DragonRacer
        DragonRacer
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Yeah, they have pre-programmed routes they run now for resource nodes. Bal Foyen and Stros M'Kai suffer a ton from this as well.

They seem to especially target the blacksmithing nodes (which can also spawn as jewelry nodes) lately, which is why on PS4 the price of temps, grain solvents, and chromium grains are plummeting from what they used to be. Market's being flooded with all the bot-acquired refined goods.
        PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
      • Ardaghion
        Ardaghion
        ✭✭✭
        I've seen instances where a small mistake in the bot's pathing leads them to go way off route and start waling into walls, bridges, etc. Eventually some operator must get them back on path so that they begin again.

My partner loves to get ahead of them and grab all the nodes before they do. They just stand at a taken node for a second, then move to the next empty node. She can do this for hours.

The difficulty in reporting them is that they are moving and not in a huge group like the hide farmers used to be. While we all know they are bots, due to pre-programmed routes, it's hard to prove it to ZOS. They only hit ore nodes or seams; it's the price of jewelry that drives them to make gold this way.

If ZOS really wanted to fix, or at least reduce the bot population, the nodes would either stop respawning for a short time after being harvested or they could have more nodes, but in slightly random locations near the current node location. Humans can easily adjust to a node being slightly out of place but it would require a lot more AI programming to deal with the nodes spawning in random locations.
      • DragonRacer
        DragonRacer
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Ardaghion wrote: »
        They only hit ore nodes or seams; it's the price of jewelry that drives them to make gold this way.

Mmmmm, not so sure about that. Or maybe they are just now starting to evolve. But I have seen them now hitting wood nodes in Bal Foyen. Not just blacksmith/jewelry nodes.

If that's really the case, watch for mastic and rosin to start plummeting in value as well.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
      • barney2525
        barney2525
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        wow. Bots I have reported on Kenarthi on PC NA were just running a circle around the little island plantation, killing mudcrabs. Guess they have advanced into something more profitable.

:#
      • Donny_Vito
        Donny_Vito
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Yeah, they have pre-programmed routes they run now for resource nodes. Bal Foyen and Stros M'Kai suffer a ton from this as well.

They seem to especially target the blacksmithing nodes (which can also spawn as jewelry nodes) lately, which is why on PS4 the price of temps, grain solvents, and chromium grains are plummeting from what they used to be. Market's being flooded with all the bot-acquired refined goods.

This is the struggle right now. As a consumer you really do enjoy the low prices, but hate the process it took to get there. Sorta like McDonalds and Subway or whatever, we enjoy the cheap prices, but it's just better to avoid why it was that cheap. That's what I try to do with bots....just enjoy the low prices.
      • Odovacar
        Odovacar
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        They run around now trying to look like actual players to blend in...It's so obvious and laughable. You could literally be a wanabe ZOS employee and report day in day out and they will still keep replacing with new bots...that's even if they actually were all investigated and banned.

• DragonRacer
        DragonRacer
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Donny_Vito wrote: »

This is the struggle right now. As a consumer you really do enjoy the low prices, but hate the process it took to get there. Sorta like McDonalds and Subway or whatever, we enjoy the cheap prices, but it's just better to avoid why it was that cheap. That's what I try to do with bots....just enjoy the low prices.

As a consumer, it's awesome.

As a seller... who manually farms like the good Lord intended... it is not so awesome at all.
      • SocialAssassin
        SocialAssassin
        ✭✭✭
      • LurgidBean
        LurgidBean
        ✭✭✭✭

If ZOS really wanted to fix, or at least reduce the bot population, the nodes would either stop respawning for a short time after being harvested or they could have more nodes, but in slightly random locations near the current node location. Humans can easily adjust to a node being slightly out of place but it would require a lot more AI programming to deal with the nodes spawning in random locations.

I agree with the slightly shifting nodes, I've had that thought too.

On Xbox they are now running with crown crate pets/accessories as well. Obvious bots, been reporting when I can...but less than nothing will be done because these accounts show purchases, gifted I'm sure by the gold farmer/operator.

At least they leave the Treasure Chests (for now).

Xbox NA/EU
        "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
      • SocialAssassin
        SocialAssassin
        ✭✭✭
        I've seen instances where a small mistake in the bot's pathing leads them to go way off route and start waling into walls, bridges, etc. Eventually, some operator must get them back on the path so that they begin again.

My partner loves to get ahead of them and grab all the nodes before they do. They just stand at a taken node for a second, then move to the next empty node. She can do this for hours.

The difficulty in reporting them is that they are moving and not in a huge group like the hide farmers used to be. While we all know they are bots, due to pre-programmed routes, it's hard to prove it to ZOS. They only hit ore nodes or seams; it's the price of jewelry that drives them to make gold this way.

I have a suggestion for a fix, but I doubt you agree. They should make the respawn rate 24 hours that would cut down on the bots. I know it wouldn't be fair to other players. But I think it would take care of the problem. And why would ZOS want to fix the issue? For all, we know it could be ZOS doing it? Think about it for a minute. If they got rid of the bots? I bet it would affect the crown store. Which is where most game companies make their money from. I have no proof that ZOS is programming these "bots" in a way it does make sense.
      • Ardaghion
        Ardaghion
        ✭✭✭
        They only hit ore nodes or seams; it's the price of jewelry that drives them to make gold this way.

Mmmmm, not so sure about that. Or maybe they are just now starting to evolve. But I have seen them now hitting wood nodes in Bal Foyen. Not just blacksmith/jewelry nodes.

If that's really the case, watch for mastic and rosin to start plummeting in value as well.

I'm on Xbox NA & EU and my partner, who spends at least a few hours a day in Bal Foyen only sees them hitting the ore/jewelry nodes. She's also one step ahead of them but they can, of course, run for many more hours than she does. At least on EU they aren't running 24/7, they seem to start early and end in the afternoon but they do need to drop the goods off to someone that refines the mats, someone with full extraction passives.

You might be right though about other mats, we did identify a level 5 player with a random character name, with only 5 Xbox gamer points and no other games played, that stands for hours in front of the clothing and jewelry stations in Rawl'kha. So they aren't just refining ore.
      • zaria
        zaria
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I've seen instances where a small mistake in the bot's pathing leads them to go way off route and start waling into walls, bridges, etc. Eventually some operator must get them back on path so that they begin again.

Some mementos like the questionable meat sack and the trap will move the player then trying to activate it.
        That will move the bot away from its trajectory. Don't work as well on pc as they have feedback but might do the tricks here.

Some clarify who mementos this works on.
        Grinding just make you go in circles.
        Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
      • Marginis
        Marginis
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I can usually quite easily make do on my farming routes, but I have been noticing recently that there are more and more bots on my routes on xbox, and specifically, about half my route is constantly down because the nodes are taken so soon after they spawn.

I do think it's about time ZOS started seriously cracking down hard on bots, or at least harder than they have been, such that the effects of the crackdown are visible to the players.
        @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
      • BWS2K
        BWS2K
        ✭✭✭
        The best mementos to use against bots are the ones we don't list publicly online where botters can see and adapt, but you can also pull enemies who have AoE's over and knock stationary bots far enough away from the node that they can't farm it sometimes. I think, too, that it wouldn't be too tricky to set one up to refine materials - it's just essentially placing them and then button mashing, right? *shrug*

I'm on PC/NA though, so allow me to express my condolences once again to you all, lol

#banallthebots
      • zaria
        zaria
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        BWS2K wrote: »
        The best mementos to use against bots are the ones we don't list publicly online where botters can see and adapt, but you can also pull enemies who have AoE's over and knock stationary bots far enough away from the node that they can't farm it sometimes. I think, too, that it wouldn't be too tricky to set one up to refine materials - it's just essentially placing them and then button mashing, right? *shrug*

I'm on PC/NA though, so allow me to express my condolences once again to you all, lol

#banallthebots
        Stuff like clanfear jump or other AoE knock-back yes, still mention the mementos here will not hurt, boters either know them or don't follow this forum.
        Its an thing as too much security :)
        Grinding just make you go in circles.
        Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
      • Kuramas9tails
        Kuramas9tails
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Aurielle wrote: »
        @BWS2K Look when I posted this. Mine is older than the one you linked. :D

They Necro'ed my thread.
        Edited by Kuramas9tails on July 30, 2019 3:31PM
          FOR THE QUEEN!
          PS4/NA
        • BWS2K
          BWS2K
          ✭✭✭
          @BWS2K Old news? Look when I posted this.

Mine is older than the one you linked. :D

They Necro'ed my thread.
          Whispers: I think you tagged the wrong person... ;)
        • Aurielle
          Aurielle
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          @BWS2K Look when I posted this. Mine is older than the one you linked. :D

They Necro'ed my thread.

Hahaha, I didn’t even notice. :D Necromancers! Necromancers everywhere!

X-X-Everywhere.jpg
        • Kuramas9tails
          Kuramas9tails
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          BWS2K wrote: »
          @BWS2K Old news? Look when I posted this.

Mine is older than the one you linked. :D

They Necro'ed my thread.
          Whispers: I think you tagged the wrong person... ;)
          Sh*t. You right. The one I meant to tag replied already and noticed. Haha. Sorry, friend!
            FOR THE QUEEN!
            PS4/NA