The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

undo bug

eso_lags
eso_lags
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Has anyone had this happen on the PTS yet? I havent been able to find any post where zos acknowledges that they know about it. And i didnt see anything in the patch notes about it. Its not priority number one but its an annoying bug that gets me killed on a daily basis so im curious if there is a fix in its future, since it has been happening since before wrathstone.

And to clarify, what i mean is the bug where you use undo and it eats your ult and gives you nothing but aggravation. It can also stick you into walls but thats another story.,
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve found it “more frequently” bugs out on live if you attempt to block cancel it or block while you are trying to use it.
    This may not be the cause, it’s possible I’m just blocking 50-60% of the time when I try it.

This shouldn’t be possible to test on PTS because of the rework that you can’t cancel animations without canceling the ability.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to fix this ult. One of the few skill based defensive ults in the game with some great applications, but when it just doesn't fire more than half the time I tend to opt for a defensive DB instead.

I
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    #6 last communication from Gina I know of:
    If the bug you're referring to is the one where it won't actually move your character if you weapon swap, that fix is still in progress. If it's something else, please let us know?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6149701#Comment_6149701

We let her know that there is more to it, not involving weapon swap in that thread.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it bugs out when you fall off things as well, nothing says "get f*****" than getting nocked off a keep in cyrodiil and using undo only to find NOTHING happens except your ulti is now empty.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6 last communication from Gina I know of:
    If the bug you're referring to is the one where it won't actually move your character if you weapon swap, that fix is still in progress. If it's something else, please let us know?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6149701#Comment_6149701

We let her know that there is more to it, not involving weapon swap in that thread.

I remember this now. A whole thread where the issue is clearly discussed and explained, then a clueless community representative shows up and says "iS tHiS tHe WeApOn SwAp BuG?". Like come on, do you guys even bother reading the bug report threads?
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    They really need to fix this ult. One of the few skill based defensive ults in the game with some great applications, but when it just doesn't fire more than half the time I tend to opt for a defensive DB instead.

I

Exactly. Even last night i started playing stam sorc again and after the 2nd time it didnt work I just started using defensive dbs. Although a couple times I managed to juke the *** out of a zerg with undo but It also got me killed which is obnoxious. If your ultimate has a 50% success rate then there is a problem.

And ya, im not sure if they read the bug reports because I put one in like 3-4 months ago and got no response. This is how it goes when they dont read the bug reports and dont communicate. Its damn near impossible to get any real information, or communication, from zos. Ive been saying for months now, it seems like they've just checked out. At least on the forums. They're getting slightly better but its not good enough and doesnt help those of us dealing with the issues that they let go on forever.

That thread you linked is mind blowing. Just a simple "were looking into it" would have been enough. But she comes in talking about weapon swaps, maybe trying to help which is fine, but then she decides to go no further and say nothing. What? Why?

I even made a bug report back in march and got silence.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/465135/undo-is-bugged-please-fix-it
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still nothing huh. What an amazing group of people. 👍👍👍
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /
    Edited by eso_lags on September 12, 2019 5:37AM
  • MirkoZ
    MirkoZ
    ✭✭✭✭
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice, I dont have to make another thread for this. Another update and nothing but silence on this issue. I understand the zos way to do things is to push out content and never fix old issues but people pay for this skill line and the ultimate has been broken since it came out. Completely unacceptable.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_RichLambert

https://youtu.be/XzJQT0cF3yM

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is so bad developing. This skill is bugged since January this year...Good to know it's on ZOS "priority" list :/
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    I can just say... this ultimate of mine killed me many times with its bugs.
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Szende wrote: »
    I can just say... this ultimate of mine killed me many times with its bugs.

Many times. Its not even worth using but people pay for this *** and zos doesnt care at all. They dont respond to bug reports through tickets or on the forums. Wtf are we supposed to do to report this? @ZOS_GinaBruno commented on it once, confusing it with another bug, and told people to let her know if it was the same bug. Then when people responded she ignored them. Makes zero sense.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    needs fixed, we paid alot of money to be able to even have this skill and we also went through alot of really annoying pve quest to be able to even use this skill.
    please cut us a break and fix it?
    asking nicely is all we can do, but we have been asking for a very long time.
    i press the skill to use it and it just shows like a blast of colors and nothing else, thats just not fair.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's pretty terrible lol. The Minor Protection is nice though so that's the only reason to keep running it.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hello
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a joke of a company, huh?
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a joke of a company, huh?

Pretty much. Its honestly mind blowing. I even put in multiple tickets that didnt get so much as a "we will look into it".. The most insane part is that thread you showed me with gina thinking it was another issue and asking people to correct her if she was wrong, but she never responds. Amazing..
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't get fixed ever, that would cost money to fix and there's nothing for ZOS to gain in doing so (or at least, that's how they see it).

But hey, here's a shiny new recolored clownstore trinket to spend your money on :D
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    It won't get fixed ever, that would cost money to fix and there's nothing for ZOS to gain in doing so (or at least, that's how they see it).

But hey, here's a shiny new recolored clownstore trinket to spend your money on :D

I understand that this is how they make money and I don't mind it as long as it's not obligatory, but not fixing, even more, pretending that bug doesn't exist in a "buy to use" skill line is simply d... move.
    Edited by Mayrael on September 26, 2019 4:15AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Petition to add a warning to the crown store psjiic skill line purchase that pops up and states "The ultimate ability often does not actually work due to a bug we are unable to fix"? I for one think it is misleading to sell broken content.\

Edit: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/495318/petition-to-add-a-warning-to-the-psijic-skill-line-purchase-about-the-ultimate-not-working
    Edited by React on September 26, 2019 6:05PM
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Petition to add a warning to the crown store psjiic skill line purchase that pops up and states "The ultimate ability often does not actually work due to a bug we are unable to fix"? I for one think it is misleading to sell broken content.\

Edit: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/495318/petition-to-add-a-warning-to-the-psijic-skill-line-purchase-about-the-ultimate-not-working

Please change ultimate name to "Undependable re-do"

Please add to the tooltip: Unknown % chance to miss the caster; miss chance increases based on the number of players in your area.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's pretty terrible lol. The Minor Protection is nice though so that's the only reason to keep running it.

Huh? theres other use for this ulti other than slotting it for minor protection?
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eso_lags wrote: »
    Has anyone had this happen on the PTS yet? I havent been able to find any post where zos acknowledges that they know about it. And i didnt see anything in the patch notes about it. Its not priority number one but its an annoying bug that gets me killed on a daily basis so im curious if there is a fix in its future, since it has been happening since before wrathstone.

And to clarify, what i mean is the bug where you use undo and it eats your ult and gives you nothing but aggravation. It can also stick you into walls but thats another story.,

Just remember, you paid for that ability... and it doesnt work right for the last year:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry mate, the recources required for this fix were alocated to the crown store a long time ago.
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry mate, the recources required for this fix were alocated to the crown store a long time ago.

Nah it's more like "People still buy it so why bother?". No profit, no fix.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

• eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That crown store sure does eat up a lot of resources.. Bug fixes, communication, pvp performance, console performance, customer supports ability to respond to a simple ticket that they are aware that the bug is a thing.

But I guess its okay as long as I'm free to effortlessly sink my life savings into trying to get that elusive radiant apex mount that seems to evade me every crown crate season. At least that button works when I press it 🤑🤑🤑
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Undo and morphs: We have updated the tooltip of this ability to more correctly say that it has a 30% chance of returning you to your previous location "

No but seriously. Had a group chasing me around Bleakers and was just trying to hold out until the calvary to arrive and got this to work once going up the stairs and long enough for them to split up and get another 1 ready, running up stairs with half in front, half behind, jump down and see them follow thinking I might pull it off, then poof! Didn't work. So disappointing

Does seem to work everytime I hit it somehow thinking I'm on my front bar where ALL my damage abilities are though, and need to finish someone off. Amazing.
    Edited by technohic on October 7, 2019 10:43AM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    "Undo and morphs: We have updated the tooltip of this ability to more correctly say that it has a 30% chance of returning you to your previous location "

No but seriously. Had a group chasing me around Bleakers and was just trying to hold out until the calvary to arrive and got this to work once going up the stairs and long enough for them to split up and get another 1 ready, running up stairs with half in front, half behind, jump down and see them follow thinking I might pull it off, then poof! Didn't work. So disappointing

Does seem to work everytime I hit it somehow thinking I'm on my front bar where ALL my damage abilities are though, and need to finish someone off. Amazing.

This is so true its actually sad