Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

PS4 NA guild traders raising weekly fee to 20k

• sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but the answer was yes, try reading through the comments troll.

You know thow the saying about sitting in a glasshouse and throwing rocks? So just for you i was reading again through the first pages lets see:
    I haven't seen any 20k/weekly fees on PC but I do see lot of guilds with minimum sales of 100k or more.
    Yes, this is largely a problem only on our server. I have talked to GMs on both PC servers and they do not have the Mafia issue we do.
    I do not see XBox GMs complain here of such issues.
    And PS4 EU also does not seem to have this issue.
    Actually not. Our guild have stable spot in Vivec and only recently have introduced 5k fee.
    I'm in high end trading guilds on PC NA and all of them simply have minimum sales requirements. And so far none of mine have raised their min sales req.
    Agree. There are several highly successful PS4 NA guilds with lower dues or donations-based that routinely win capitol city kiosks.

Who is the troll?
    OP was asking if someone experiences the same on their server and i answered honestly that this is not the case on my server- what is your problem that you call people trolls? All these people i quoted are trolls for you? Do you even know what a troll is?
    I am in two mournhold trading guilds for years and the fee is stable. 5k a week for more than 2 years.
    Edited by sudaki_eso on July 18, 2019 3:19PM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the trading guild I’m in raises the weekly rate to 20k from 15k, I may have to quit trading guilds altogether and just try to survive on writ income. I’m a nurse IRL and I work 12-13 hr shifts, clocking in at 36-48 hrs every week, so I simply don’t have the free time to farm mats and keep my trader slots full 24/7. I’d rather spend my time in game doing what I enjoy (PVP). As it is, I’m barely making enough gold to justify the weekly 15k I’m putting in. I like my trading guild on a social level and would miss our awesome guild house, but... come on. 20k every week just to have the luxury of selling items in high traffic locations?

I’m increasingly starting to hate this trading system. WTB global AH.
    Options
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    Sorry but the answer was yes, try reading through the comments troll.

You know thow the saying about sitting in a glasshouse and throwing rocks? So just for you i was reading again through the first pages lets see:
    I haven't seen any 20k/weekly fees on PC but I do see lot of guilds with minimum sales of 100k or more.
    Yes, this is largely a problem only on our server. I have talked to GMs on both PC servers and they do not have the Mafia issue we do.
    I do not see XBox GMs complain here of such issues.
    And PS4 EU also does not seem to have this issue.
    Actually not. Our guild have stable spot in Vivec and only recently have introduced 5k fee.
    I'm in high end trading guilds on PC NA and all of them simply have minimum sales requirements. And so far none of mine have raised their min sales req.
    Agree. There are several highly successful PS4 NA guilds with lower dues or donations-based that routinely win capitol city kiosks.

Who is the troll?
    OP was asking if someone experiences the same on their server and i answered honestly that this is not the case on my server- what is your problem that you call people trolls? All these people i quoted are trolls for you? Do you even know what a troll is?
    I am in two mournhold trading guilds for years and the fee is stable. 5k a week for more than 2 years.

Nice of you to pick and choose comments lol I counted 5 on the first page that confirms yes prices have been going up across all servers before I stopped wasting my time trying to prove you wrong. Nice try though.

I'll give you a +1 insightful for the effort though.
    Edited by BlazingDynamo on July 18, 2019 3:41PM
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    If the trading guild I’m in raises the weekly rate to 20k from 15k, I may have to quit trading guilds altogether and just try to survive on writ income. I’m a nurse IRL and I work 12-13 hr shifts, clocking in at 36-48 hrs every week, so I simply don’t have the free time to farm mats and keep my trader slots full 24/7. I’d rather spend my time in game doing what I enjoy (PVP). As it is, I’m barely making enough gold to justify the weekly 15k I’m putting in. I like my trading guild on a social level and would miss our awesome guild house, but... come on. 20k every week just to have the luxury of selling items in high traffic locations?

I'll reiterate that dues-free/donation-based trading guilds exist. They could be a good option for you.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'll reiterate that dues-free/donation-based trading guilds exist. They could be a good option for you.

It's an option, not necessarily a good one.

Many players have a life outside of a video game, & don't have 50+ hours a week to waste away on a video game.

Career, family, school, etc...10-15h a week to play is a lot of hours for many of these players, & excluding this demographic from participating successfully in a system to sell their goods they earned in a "small" allotted play time is a bad system, & a poor business strategy.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on July 18, 2019 4:38PM
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolfpaw wrote: »

Many players have a life outside of a video game, & don't have 50+ hours a week to waste away on a video game.

Career, family, school, etc...10-15h a week to play is a lot of hours for many of these players, & excluding this demographic from participating successfully in a system to sell their goods they earned in a "small" allotted play time is a bad system, & a poor business strategy.

I don't disagree, but I fail to see how copy-pasting your reply from the other thread had much to do with my suggestion?

A guild that does not charge dues and has a trader is at least an OPTION, right? I was merely suggesting it rather than the all-or-nothing approach of "pay 20k weekly dues" or "never sell anything ever again".

By the way, I am one of those people. I work a 40+ hour job and have a family and run my dues-free/donation-based guild. trust me, I understand what it means to have precious little gaming time and not be rolling around in personal in-game wealth.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't disagree, but I fail to see how copy-pasting your reply from the other thread had much to do with my suggestion?

A guild that does not charge dues and has a trader is at least an OPTION, right? I was merely suggesting it rather than the all-or-nothing approach of "pay 20k weekly dues" or "never sell anything ever again".

By the way, I am one of those people. I work a 40+ hour job and have a family and run my dues-free/donation-based guild. trust me, I understand what it means to have precious little gaming time and not be rolling around in personal in-game wealth.

We have two threads discussing same topic.

Yes your right, it's an option, not a good one though.

I don't think being in-game wealthy is much of an issue here, it's about a poor system that offers little to none as it locks many players out from participating successfully.
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't think being in-game wealthy is much of an issue here, it's about a poor system that offers little to none as it locks many players out from participating successfully.

Agreed on most points.

But in the current system, why is joining a dues-free/donation-based guild not a "good" option? Those exist with traders secured not in the coveted capitals, yes, but many of them exist in cities better than just "we could only afford Outlaws Refuge".

Unless you mean if a guild isn't stationed at a trader in a capital, it's not a good option.
    Options
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice of you to pick and choose comments lol I counted 5 on the first page that confirms yes prices have been going up across all servers before I stopped wasting my time trying to prove you wrong. Nice try though.

Thanks how nice of you! Already got two, i might get famous :p
    Back to my question, is everyone who dont agree with you a troll? And please waste your time to prove me wrong, i dont think its a shame to change my position if i get presented new infos and evidence, thats how adults deal with stuff. But throwing the towel after one post of me...

Again, there might be some guilds who raised the fee, but certainly not all and so far i havent come around one. So for me its not normal on my server - so lets say some did most did not - is this good for you?

Now lets enjoy the game and have a nice day! No need to fight over something this stupid.

Edited by sudaki_eso on July 18, 2019 6:29PM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »

Thanks how nice of you! Already got two, i might get famous :p
    Back to my question, is everyone who dont agree with you a troll? And please waste your time to prove me wrong, i dont think its a shame to change my position if i get presented new infos and evidence, thats how adults deal with stuff. But throwing the towel after one post of me proving you wrong shows me that you are not familiar with the concept of a civil discussion :wink:

Again, there might be some guilds who raised the fee, but certainly not all and so far i havent come around one. So for me its not normal on my server.

Now lets enjoy the game and have a nice day! No need to fight over something this stupid.

One of my guilds raised there fee, as I mentioned earlier, but it was months ago. And another one of my guilds actually lowered their fee. Shocking that these evil guilds aren't out to get players. But if it doesn't fit the narrative, good luck getting players opposed to the trader system to see it.
    Options
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agreed on most points.

But in the current system, why is joining a dues-free/donation-based guild not a "good" option? Those exist with traders secured not in the coveted capitals, yes, but many of them exist in cities better than just "we could only afford Outlaws Refuge".

Unless you mean if a guild isn't stationed at a trader in a capital, it's not a good option.

I do better stocking up for a couple weeks-month, & spending 2-3h over a few days bouncing capitals selling in /z. Not necessarily what I would like to do with my game time, but it works.

Not the end of the world quit ESO over it. I'm sure balancing a mmorpg economy is no easy feat, but a fresh concept would be welcoming for some.

Edited by Wolfpaw on July 18, 2019 6:46PM
    Options
  • sunbro38
    sunbro38
    ✭✭✭
    PC/NA paying 25k a week in mournhold. It use to be 10k (in sales tax lol) before the changes.
    Options
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Are we the only server having this issue? 20k a week is absurd to pay for a trading guild. The only ones with enough gold to take the top trading spots on a weekly basis are themselves so who are they raising the prices in fear of?

This is blatant greed at this point. It's already well know alot of the profits get pocketed but now you're just making it obvious.

This is why Zos needs to rework the trading system. Zone chat is free remember.

You always have the option to leave the guild...

Excellent suggestion. Glad you added to this conversation. 11/10
    here's another one: just don't pay or meet your quota. they will run out of people to kick eventually.

In answer to your question, PC EU players trading in Belkarth have a quota of 100 000 over 7 days. 50 000 for Mournhold.

The problem in not of ZOS'making; it's some players forcing others to do their will; and other players complying.
    if you all stopped complying, the problem would be gone in 2-3 weeks.

ba-aaa
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are we the only server having this issue? 20k a week is absurd to pay for a trading guild. The only ones with enough gold to take the top trading spots on a weekly basis are themselves so who are they raising the prices in fear of?

This is blatant greed at this point. It's already well know alot of the profits get pocketed but now you're just making it obvious.

here's another one: just don't pay or meet your quota. they will run out of people to kick eventually.

In answer to your question, PC EU players trading in Belkarth have a quota of 100 000 over 7 days. 50 000 for Mournhold.

The problem in not of ZOS'making; it's some players forcing others to do their will; and other players complying.

ba-aaa

My three dues-paying guilds have waiting lists. We've had waiting lists since late 2015, back when dues were 5k weekly. We still have apps pending after raising dues because of Update 23. 20k weekly is pocket lint for many players on my server. If that's what it takes to beat the competition, so be it. *shrugs*
    Edited by therift on July 18, 2019 9:53PM
    Options
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ba-aaa

I like the quota idea. Console can't do that though. Even if they could it wouldn't happen. The GMs of these guilds are already too greed hungry and they see how easy it is to scam players into thinking they actually need to front 20k a week to pay for a spot.

I already stopped paying into these types of guilds long ago but you'll never see the majority do that. The system needs to change and the only thing I can think of in comparison is the Grand Exchange from Runescape
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PizzaCat82 wrote: »
    The Mafia that controls the capital traders wants to make sure they can get a spot when the new changes come out.

The trading system in this game is a complete mess, and its going to get worse before it gets better.

People say an auction house would ruin trading for the bots but anyone who pisses off the Mafia isn't getting a spot in a good trader as they spite other guilds to protect their spots.

Name the mafia guilds and members please. Otherwise all you are doing is blaming a fiction.

All the economics in ESO can be attributed to boring, well known economic priciples. No need to invoke an all powerful bad guy to explain why someone can not be successful.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed on most points.

Free/donation based trading guilds (especially on console) seldom get traffic. It’s not even worth putting items up for sale in those guilds. Trust me, I used to be in a few until I started ponying up the cash for donation-based guilds in major cities.

[Edit to remove removed content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 19, 2019 9:21PM
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Agreed on most points.

Free/donation based trading guilds (especially on console) seldom get traffic. It’s not even worth putting items up for sale in those guilds. Trust me, I used to be in a few until I started ponying up the cash for donation-based guilds in major cities.

well, you were strongly supporting a faction lock, that kicks out many players from cyrodiil, instead of finding a solution that suits everyone.

Now don't complain about the results.

Since I almost no longer can play Cyro, I profesionalized in trading.
    Increased my sales from 20k before to 100k a day. Time I spent before with PVP, I now use to hunt dragons and doing dailies, selling motifs and furniture crafted with ingredients you get as reward.

We lately have a clear increase of very professional traders on xbox EU, hence it is logical that this change is reflected somehow in the PVE world, like increasing trading fees on NA systems in order to attract quality traders and keep off casual ones at the best locations.

Don't complain, enjoy your PVP instead, now that your wishes have been fullfilled.

(Btw. with the millions of AP you gain there, you can buy a lot of gold jewelry, Mothers Sorrow is listed for 200k in guildstores, so 20k are really peanuts).

LOL, you seem pretty obsessed with my faction lock stance @markulrich1966 , as you seem determined to bring it up in any thread I post in. Get over it, and stay on topic instead of trying to shoehorn faction locking into completely unrelated threads.

Location is not as big a deal some believe it is. I have sold over a million in a week at the worst locations in small trade guilds more times than I can now remember.

I have done it precisely to prove the point inventory/stock bundled and priced correctly is the real secret.
    Edited by Skwor on July 19, 2019 10:50AM
    Options
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao, this is so meme thread :D "Zo$, help me i dont want to pay but i can not stop..."
    You always free to quit this guild and find other.
    Btw, there is a few guilds PC EU where fee is around 15-17k per week
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »

Agreed on most points.

well, you were strongly supporting a faction lock, that kicks out many players from cyrodiil, instead of finding a solution that suits everyone.

Increased my sales from 20k before to 100k a day. Time I spent before with PVP, I now use to hunt dragons and doing dailies, selling motifs and furniture crafted with ingredients you get as reward.

We lately have a clear increase of very professional traders on xbox EU, hence it is logical that this change is reflected somehow in the PVE world, like increasing trading fees on NA systems in order to attract quality traders and keep off casual ones at the best locations.

Don't complain, enjoy your PVP instead, now that your wishes have been fullfilled.

(Btw. with the millions of AP you gain there, you can buy a lot of gold jewelry, Mothers Sorrow is listed for 200k in guildstores, so 20k are really peanuts).

LOL, you seem pretty obsessed with my faction lock stance @markulrich1966 , as you seem determined to bring it up in any thread I post in. Get over it, and stay on topic instead of trying to shoehorn faction locking into completely unrelated threads.

Location is not as big a deal some believe it is. I have sold over a million in a week at the worst locations in small trade guilds more times than I can now remember.

I have done it precisely to prove the point inventory/stock bundled and priced correctly is the real secret.

It is on console. Without addons to find deals, people seldom go to little out of the way traders in the middle of nowhere. Like I said, I was in a few free trading guilds in the past that had traders out in the boonies, and it wasn’t worth the time or effort. Even when I priced stuff well below the city trader costs, items used to sit in the listings for weeks. You’re better off peddling your wares in /zone. I’ve never played an MMO with a more frustrating trading/item selling system.
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The PTK's and The Silky Skeevers would argue that point. ;)

Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yup, it’s definitely not a well-conceived fix. :(The best way to stop dummy traders in their tracks is to make it impossible to free up a trader after purchase through disbanding a guild. Of course, that won’t stop some idiot with more time and gold on his or her hands than sense from trolling everyone on occasion, but at least legitimate guilds wouldn’t feel quite as pressured to rely on increasingly larger donations. The multi-bid option is only going to exacerbate the issue, and I seriously don’t know how the devs thought it would curb the dummy trader problem.

Actually, with Update 23, ZOS *is* taking away the ability to transfer guild trader ownership through guild dissolution aka ghost guilds will no longer be able to sell a trader spot to a guild that lost their bid.

But that's happening at the same time they are also introducing the multi-bid thing.

Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The PTK's and The Silky Skeevers would argue that point. ;)

Lucky outliers, though I wouldn’t consider either of those guilds to be in non-prime locations. I often see the PTKs in particular stationed in the newest DLC city hubs. The “boonies” traders I’m talking about are the average free traders who end up in Malabal Tor and whatnot.
    Options
  • Urigall
    Urigall
    ✭✭✭
    There is a mafia - there isn't a mafia. Best to direct the question to ZoS given that they are the ones making the changes for some reason. Maybe they just want to make changes for a right old larf.

Here is an official comment by ZoS; lifted from the PTS, feedback thread on multi-bidding:

BEGINS

The guild trader system is a cornerstone of the in-game economy in ESO, but over time the enormous pressure on trading guilds to have a guild trader every single week has led to behaviors which reduce competition and negatively impact trader customers. Tactics employed to ensure guild trader ownership each week, such as the generation of alternate “shadow” guilds to bid on additional locations as well as guild trader speculation and resale through guild dissolution, often lead to fewer traders populated with goods and massive amounts of wasted gold.

ENDS

I'd hazard a wild guess that "the generation of alternate “shadow” guilds to bid on additional locations as well as guild trader speculation and resale through guild dissolution" is a polite way of saying "dodgy practices"

While ZoS fully endorse the guild system as a "cornerstone of the in-game economy in ESO" they clearly want to put a stop to certain practices. Someone who is less polite than me would describe those practices as "***"

Whether it's a mafia, or only one, uber wealthy player is irrelevant. The effect of what is going on is all that matters.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, it’s definitely not a well-conceived fix. :(The best way to stop dummy traders in their tracks is to make it impossible to free up a trader after purchase through disbanding a guild. Of course, that won’t stop some idiot with more time and gold on his or her hands than sense from trolling everyone on occasion, but at least legitimate guilds wouldn’t feel quite as pressured to rely on increasingly larger donations. The multi-bid option is only going to exacerbate the issue, and I seriously don’t know how the devs thought it would curb the dummy trader problem.

Actually, with Update 23, ZOS *is* taking away the ability to transfer guild trader ownership through guild dissolution aka ghost guilds will no longer be able to sell a trader spot to a guild that lost their bid.

But that's happening at the same time they are also introducing the multi-bid thing.

I know — I should have clarified that this in and of itself would have been enough. But ZOS, as usual, does something good and then takes an additional unnecessary step that no one asked for.
    Options
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is a game right ? It's not real money
    Options
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I know — I should have clarified that this in and of itself would have been enough. But ZOS, as usual, does something good and then takes an additional unnecessary step that no one asked for.

^ Truth.
    Options
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the real world. Seems the exchange, and greedy shareholders have found their way online.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »

Agreed on most points.

It is on console. Without addons to find deals, people seldom go to little out of the way traders in the middle of nowhere. Like I said, I was in a few free trading guilds in the past that had traders out in the boonies, and it wasn’t worth the time or effort. Even when I priced stuff well below the city trader costs, items used to sit in the listings for weeks. You’re better off peddling your wares in /zone. I’ve never played an MMO with a more frustrating trading/item selling system.

Gotta give you this one. Definitely on console location is a bigger deal if you want bulk sales for high end profit at a newly purchased trader.

I still think on console if a guild establishes a poor location as a good place for high value items at good prices it will do just as well as any main hub. Just need to brand the location and advertise to get it established.
    Options
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »

Welcome to the real world. Seems the exchange, and greedy shareholders have found their way online.

I hear the boogeyman sleeps under your bed too.
    Options