Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chapter IV: What's coming after Elsweyr?

• cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why are people obsessed about what might be coming in a year versus enjoying what is right in front of them?

Some people are at work and don't have the game in front of them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are people obsessed about what might be coming in a year versus enjoying what is right in front of them?

Speculation breeds hype and excitement, not to mention it can be fun and give a feeling of joy to make them workdays go faster. Nothing like talking about what you enjoy or love and what could be added to make you love it even more.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    After looking at the in game map there’s a lot of space left in the Pact and the Dominion. There’s a ton of free space in the Southeast of the map.
    All is left is a good portion of Morrowind (EP), A huge chunk of Black Marsh (EP), Skyrim minus Eastmarch and the Rift (EP) Solestim (EP?) Leyawiin/lands south of Bravil (Cyrodiil), Skingrad (Cyrodiil) more of Cyrodiil west of Chorrol but east of the Gold Coast (I guess parts of Skingrad?), and large chunks of Hammerfell (DC).
    DC also has the Direnni island off of High Rock, though I suspect it's too small for a Chapter.
    I'm really hoping it will be Imperial-related. Cleaning up Euraxia's mess and introducing more Imperial protagonists that want what's good for the Empire (Abnur, apparently, and Calo maybe) would be a good groundwork for following up the Elsweyr/Dragons wrap-up with an Imperial Chapter next year. They already had the Colovian Estates planned around DB's release, they just never delivered it.
    DdZ6dTe.png
    Also, they originally had different styles of Imperial furniture in the game (Colovian and Nibenese), but then removed them; perhaps they are saving their assets for an Imperial-themed Chapter release just like they had been working on Murkmire and producing assets for it for years before it got released. Comparison below, removed Colovian Imperial Lightpost above, Nibenese Imperial Lightpost below that was kept in the game.
    colovian.png
    Imperial-Lightpost-Stone.jpg
    So... I remain hopeful for an Imperial Chapter :smile: Imperial hype! :heart:

I am also very excited to see what ZOS does with the Colovian Estates / Colovian Highlands area beyond Varen's Wall, east of Kvatch and The Gold Coast. Skingrad was one of my favorite cities in Oblivion. Based on ESO's map and Oblivion's map, Skingrad should be located just west of Castle Brindle in Cyrodiil. An Imperial-based Chapter would be awesome, and would follow up nicely with Prefect Calo, Abnar Tharn, and the Euraxians (Nibenese mercenaries using Order of The Hour assets).
    latest.png?width=511&height=469
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,900.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I would say a Redguard/Hammerfell chapter will be next.

I'm hoping for pink-tinted sands, pyramids, palm trees and blue and gold Egyptian-style stuff.

Then, chapter after that, probably Skyrim; so, Nords and snow.

I‘d love to have an Egyptian themed Redguard Chapter but I doubt this will be the next one because it would be too similar to Elsweyr (which gives me that flavor already and I love it). And I hope the next main entry will indeed be Hammerfell.

Elsweyr is wonderful (the northern part of the map not so much but the southern), especially the delves and dungeons. It’s become my second favorite zone after Alikr Desert. And I am sure Pellitine which we will get in Q4 will even be more of that and I am very much looking forward to it.

The next Chapter being Imperial would be something fresh.

Craglorn and Wrothgar both have been DC additions, even if they’re not considered Chapters.
    Edited by Seraphayel on June 19, 2019 9:35PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor Daren. How many times are they going to kill him?
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chapter IV: Performance fixes, no content. I'd pay full price.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we can revive this topic a bit and talk about what's coming story-wise:

gVCxd22.jpg

So there's a little foreshadowing after Khamira has been crowned in the throne room.

Several things we need to clarify:

Dragon with a broken horn: who could be this? Paarthurnax?

Warrior with a great mane on his chin: easy, that's Sai Sahan and we already know that from the official announcement of "Dragonhold"

280px-Sai_Sahan.png?version=6caffe38078a54f13dd592b896325178

Children cloaked in scales: what does this mean? Could this be related to Dragonborn(s)?

A terrible tyrant: which terrible tyrant is left to fight off? I tried to make up my mind on this but my knowledge of the ES lore isn't detailed enough
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure this is:

Dragon with a broken horn: definitely Paarthurnax.
    Warrior with a great mane on his chin: Sai
    Children cloaked in scales: The Dragonguard warriors who accompany Sai.
    A terrible tyrant: Kaalgrontiid - Champion of Bound Time.

The only thing I'm wondering about is whether or not we are actually going to meet Paarthunax. I really hope we do, and I really hope it's at the throat of the world. My interviews with Paarthunax were one of my favourite bits of Skyrim.
    PC EU
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Poor Daren. How many times are they going to kill him?

He can't die. Won't spoil the reasons but it's clear if you go through all his related quests up to Cyrodiil.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I imagine that we're going to see something Imperial themed next year and probably something related to Skyrim in 2021.

After then, things will become interesting. We'd have bits and pieces of Hammerfell, Black Marsh, and Morrowind left to explore. With Tamriel becoming increasingly filled out, I would hope that future chapters will become more imaginative and exotic - exploring the lands and islands beyond Tamriel (ex: Pyandonea, Atmora, maybe even new lands of which we do not yet know anything of.)

A cool idea for a Pyandonean chapter could begun with Queen Ayrenn ordering a fleet from Auridon to raid Pyandonea in retaliation for recent Sea Elf attacks on the Summerset Islands. However, before the fleet arrives on Pyandonea, they are hit by a powerful tempest that sinks the majority of the Dominion fleet, leaving the player washed up on the shores of an impenetrable and misty sea jungle. From there, players would have to earn the trust and friendship of the Sea Elves in order to survive and ultimately deal with some of issue there (maybe interact with a faction of Maomer who are not completely antagonistic towards the Altmer and wishes to achieve peace and reunification with their long sundered cousins).

Something like that could make for a the maounique and epic storyline that would help keep ESO "fresh" for years to come.

And completing the main quest would unlock the maomer race
  • dogman
    dogman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    No new area till performance is fixed.

the fact that you have 5 likes to your comment is disturbing. now on topic:

honestly we'll probably know more in Q4 dlc, but im hopeful its something related to skyrim or the remaining unexplored parts of cyrodill
    i'm just tryna have a good time
  • ilcavallo
    ilcavallo
    ✭✭✭
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few signs pointing toward fleshing out more of Skyrim next year but 2021 is the ten year anniversary of Skyrim so it's more likely we go back there then. I'm thinking more of Hammerfell will be a part of next years year long story.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Why do people keep claiming the new content is belonging to Alliances? It doesnt matter if its "fair" or not since the chapters have nothing to do with them.

Elsweyr officially refuted that theory anyway since it was two AD territories in a row.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    After looking at the in game map there’s a lot of space left in the Pact and the Dominion. There’s a ton of free space in the Southeast of the map.

No, the Dominion is done after southern elswyer. All is left is a good portion of Morrowind (EP), A huge chunk of Black Marsh (EP), Skyrim minus Eastmarch and the Rift (EP) Solestim (EP?) Leyawiin/lands south of Bravil (Cyrodiil), Skingrad (Cyrodiil) more of Cyrodiil west of Chorrol but east of the Gold Coast (I guess parts of Skingrad?), and large chunks of Hammerfell (DC).

Maybe a Falensti dlc for 1 last AD dlc...

I wanted to say Covenant and wrote Dominion, my bad. You’re absolutely right, the Dominion is done for quite a long time.
    But we knew in Morrowind Summerset will be the next goal (Naryu quests) and we knew in Summerset that Elsweyr will be our next destination.?

We really didn't. The only thing we had was Razum saying he wanted to head home. That's it. Elsweyr is a completely new storyline and wasn't hinted to at all in Summerset.

Can we at least wait until the end of the Dragon Season and after the Q4 zone Pellitine before we start legit speculating on Chapter 4?

But... we did? That’s exactly the hint in the same regard of the hint we got in Morrowind (Veya going to Summerset). And I’m looking exactly for that in Elsweyr.

Oh and why wait? Speculation is awesome.

Veya is dead, why would she go to Summerset?

Oh, I see now! Her and Sai Sahan both faked their deaths, eloped, and will be coming back to Pelletine, riding on the back of a wyvern!

Shut up and take my money!!!!

Edited by Jaraal on June 26, 2019 8:12PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »
    There are a few signs pointing toward fleshing out more of Skyrim next year but 2021 is the ten year anniversary of Skyrim so it's more likely we go back there then. I'm thinking more of Hammerfell will be a part of next years year long story.

Yeah there are some Skyrim hints but it would be strange to make it the next Chapter when 2021 is the 10 year anniversary.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someweyr.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Ravena
    Ravena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Summerset = Altmer hero

Elsweyr = Breton Hero

Next expansion will be somewhere in the north and feature the Nord Hero from the trailers as a main character.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bugfixes hopefully.. Elsweyr made the game a mess
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't imagine .

Because Elsweyr is not yet launch in the most of countries in asia .

What is Necromancer ? :p
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ravena wrote: »
    Summerset = Altmer hero

Elsweyr = Breton Hero

Next expansion will be somewhere in the north and feature the Nord Hero from the trailers as a main character.

The Nord Hero is still in Coldharbour.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset = Altmer hero

Elsweyr = Breton Hero

I thought he was killed in the cinematics...
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset = Altmer hero

Elsweyr = Breton Hero

ZOS doesn't let a little thing like death stop them from promoting the hero of the month.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people keep claiming the new content is belonging to Alliances? It doesnt matter if its "fair" or not since the chapters have nothing to do with them.

Elsweyr officially refuted that theory anyway since it was two AD territories in a row.

Well, from the Alliance perspective it was only fair. The first alliance-race themed post launch content was all around DC, with Craglorn and Orsinium plus thieves guild too being Redguard oriented. In truth Morrowind was the first thing themed around another alliance. After that EP got Clockwork and later Murkmire. So AD really had some keeping up to do, although they are definetly leading after Dragonhold.
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI I would love to see Dawnguard DLC and vampire revamp, Dawnguard was funded on 2nd era so it would fit perfectly lore wise and well a lot of players would love to transform to Vamp Lord and have an all out brawl with Werewolves.
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Jamdarius wrote: »
    FYI I would love to see Dawnguard DLC and vampire revamp, Dawnguard was funded on 2nd era so it would fit perfectly lore wise and well a lot of players would love to transform to Vamp Lord and have an all out brawl with Werewolves.

The thing is, that the 2nd era Dawnguard weren't hunters, but prison guards for one specific vampire IIRC. And didn't they all turned too? Maybe they'd make great villains. What a twist would that be, if the incarcerated vampire was a good guy and the dawnguard evil?
    I'd really like a DLC adding singular sites scattered throughout Tamriel for which the dawnguard would be perfect. It's kind of unfit for a chapter though.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset = Altmer hero

Elsweyr = Breton Hero

Hence why he was sent to Coldharbour. Mannimarco "killed" him.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next zone will be me staring at the xbox dashboard because they game cant handle another zone
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Laaaaaag !!!
  • Darios_Heliodromos
    Darios_Heliodromos
    ✭✭✭

Well, from the Alliance perspective it was only fair. The first alliance-race themed post launch content was all around DC, with Craglorn and Orsinium plus thieves guild too being Redguard oriented. In truth Morrowind was the first thing themed around another alliance. After that EP got Clockwork and later Murkmire. So AD really had some keeping up to do, although they are definetly leading after Dragonhold.[/quote]

Ever noticed how the new zones (except for Orsinium and Summerset) often actually tend to go out of their way to explain that the people in their region aren't exactly part of the alliances.

- Vvardenfell did not really seem to be Pact territory. The Telvanni along the coast still even enslave Argonians
    - Sotha Sil in Clockwork city did not seem remotely interested in the Pact or Alliance War
    - Murkmire appears to be way too far away geographically to effectively be a part of the Pact.
    - There are only passing references to Dominion interest in Anequina, but for the most part the region appears to be on its own.

In the future, I will be curious to see how much of Skyrim is affiliated with the Pact.