Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chapter IV: What's coming after Elsweyr?

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people keep claiming the new content is belonging to Alliances? It doesnt matter if its "fair" or not since the chapters have nothing to do with them.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care. Whatever happens, unless it's strictly pvp (or TG/DB), I'll be playing it. I'm SO not worried about what happens next year. What I'm thinking about is how to get enough berries for the next two indriks....

Seriously people - why do you need a next year plan? Or.... a two year plan? Just roll with the flow. And if you don't get the info you want, maybe you should go play some other game.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Title says it all.

... we knew in Summerset that Elsweyr will be our next destination.

What & where did the Summerset Chapter did gave a hint that it's Elsweyr? can you enlighten me on this one?

I tink raz spoke of spending time home
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    After looking at the in game map there’s a lot of space left in the Pact and the Dominion. There’s a ton of free space in the Southeast of the map.

No, the Dominion is done after southern elswyer. All is left is a good portion of Morrowind (EP), A huge chunk of Black Marsh (EP), Skyrim minus Eastmarch and the Rift (EP) Solestim (EP?) Leyawiin/lands south of Bravil (Cyrodiil), Skingrad (Cyrodiil) more of Cyrodiil west of Chorrol but east of the Gold Coast (I guess parts of Skingrad?), and large chunks of Hammerfell (DC).

Maybe a Falensti dlc for 1 last AD dlc...

I wanted to say Covenant and wrote Dominion, my bad. You’re absolutely right, the Dominion is done for quite a long time.
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    But we knew in Morrowind Summerset will be the next goal (Naryu quests) and we knew in Summerset that Elsweyr will be our next destination.?

We really didn't. The only thing we had was Razum saying he wanted to head home. That's it. Elsweyr is a completely new storyline and wasn't hinted to at all in Summerset.

Can we at least wait until the end of the Dragon Season and after the Q4 zone Pellitine before we start legit speculating on Chapter 4?

But... we did? That’s exactly the hint in the same regard of the hint we got in Morrowind (Veya going to Summerset). And I’m looking exactly for that in Elsweyr.

Oh and why wait? Speculation is awesome.
    Edited by Seraphayel on June 18, 2019 5:43AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After looking at the in game map there’s a lot of space left in the Pact and the Dominion. There’s a ton of free space in the Southeast of the map.

No, the Dominion is done after southern elswyer. All is left is a good portion of Morrowind (EP), A huge chunk of Black Marsh (EP), Skyrim minus Eastmarch and the Rift (EP) Solestim (EP?) Leyawiin/lands south of Bravil (Cyrodiil), Skingrad (Cyrodiil) more of Cyrodiil west of Chorrol but east of the Gold Coast (I guess parts of Skingrad?), and large chunks of Hammerfell (DC).

Maybe a Falensti dlc for 1 last AD dlc...

I wanted to say Covenant and wrote Dominion, my bad. You’re absolutely right, the Dominion is done for quite a long time.
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    But we knew in Morrowind Summerset will be the next goal (Naryu quests) and we knew in Summerset that Elsweyr will be our next destination.?

We really didn't. The only thing we had was Razum saying he wanted to head home. That's it. Elsweyr is a completely new storyline and wasn't hinted to at all in Summerset.

Can we at least wait until the end of the Dragon Season and after the Q4 zone Pellitine before we start legit speculating on Chapter 4?

But... we did? That’s exactly the hint in the same regard of the hint we got in Morrowind (Veya going to Summerset). And I’m looking exactly for that in Elsweyr.

Oh and why wait? Speculation is awesome.

But its so earrrllyyyyyyyyyy. And if you get me hyped about something specific a whole year in advance I'm gonna start whining at you.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My presumptions:
    - Some Skyrim area: Would make sense, since if you think about it, nowadays, Skyrim is a quite old game. So ZOS can go for "nostalgia" factor - same as they did with Morrowind chapter. It might also be a good way to close season of dragons (since as far as I know Paarthurnax at that time should be in Skyrim). You know, explain how dragons disappeared again etc.
    - Hammerfell area: Basically, the next TES 6 is supposed to take place there, so it would also make sense for ZOS to make that area before TES 6 will appear (but, lets face it, we have to wait 2 - 3 years for that to happen).
    - Some part of Black Marsh. An area where the "old" Murkmire was supposed to be, was just below Shadowfen. It was supposed to be a full zone, but it was re-designed. Now seeing how we have 1 khajiit chapter, followed by a khajiit story dlc (Dragonhold), makes me think that it is posible to assume that the other "beast" race will receive a full zone at same point. It might even be sonner seeing how khajiits got their homland zone & story dlc almost in a row...
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it’ll be either a Cyrodil or Hammerfell region next year, Skyrim the year after that.
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    The next chapter so the next year, should be Daggerfall Convenant oriented (I hope), there is no logic in my point but it's DC turn now.

2017 : Morrowind (EP)
    2018 : Summerset (AD)
    2019 : Elswery (AD)

For 2020, Hammerfell sounds good.
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All is left is a good portion of Morrowind (EP), A huge chunk of Black Marsh (EP), Skyrim minus Eastmarch and the Rift (EP) Solestim (EP?) Leyawiin/lands south of Bravil (Cyrodiil), Skingrad (Cyrodiil) more of Cyrodiil west of Chorrol but east of the Gold Coast (I guess parts of Skingrad?), and large chunks of Hammerfell (DC).
    DC also has the Direnni island off of High Rock, though I suspect it's too small for a Chapter.
    I'm really hoping it will be Imperial-related. Cleaning up Euraxia's mess and introducing more Imperial protagonists that want what's good for the Empire (Abnur, apparently, and Calo maybe) would be a good groundwork for following up the Elsweyr/Dragons wrap-up with an Imperial Chapter next year. They already had the Colovian Estates planned around DB's release, they just never delivered it.
    DdZ6dTe.png
    Also, they originally had different styles of Imperial furniture in the game (Colovian and Nibenese), but then removed them; perhaps they are saving their assets for an Imperial-themed Chapter release just like they had been working on Murkmire and producing assets for it for years before it got released. Comparison below, removed Colovian Imperial Lightpost above, Nibenese Imperial Lightpost below that was kept in the game.
    colovian.png
    Imperial-Lightpost-Stone.jpg
    So... I remain hopeful for an Imperial Chapter :smile: Imperial hype! :heart:
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a very interesting map, let's base our guesses on that and try to see what could fit into the storyline:

User-Enodoc-ESO_Regions.png

Northern Elsweyr contains Anequina (AN) and parts of Tenmar (TE), Southern Elsweyr might contain the rest of Tenmar (TE) and Quin'rawl Peninsula (QR). We already know the Q4/19 DLC will be the Pellitine zone which might be Southern Elsweyr. The Halls of Collosus where the dragons were freed by Abnur Tharn are located in Pellitine and at the end of the Elsweyr storyline we know Abnur is heading towards Pellitine - so this was an obvious choice for Q4 DLC.

For the next Chapter though... something Imperial makes sense with Abnur returning once again. As the Skyrim anniversary is in 2021 I'd like to rule out a Skyrim Chapter for 2020. If we go by that possible regions are...

... Blackwood (BW)
    ... Nibenay Valley (NV)
    ... Nibenay Basin (NB)
    ... Colovian Heights (CH)

and some more but the Cyrodiilic zones seem to be the most likely. I'd say Blackwood or something related to Nibenay is a good guess for Chapter IV.

What do you think?

Source: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/User:Enodoc#Future_Zones_Map

@Enodoc Thank you for this, even if it's several years old. Appreciate your work!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the best new thing they can introduce ARE FREAKING BUG FIXES and performance addressing. For once stop asking for new chapters when we need bug fixing more than anything. ESO starts to falling apart because of all the broken things we have, if you really care about this game you'd now that we don't need another new zone.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    For me the best new thing they can introduce ARE FREAKING BUG FIXES and performance addressing. For once stop asking for new chapters when we need bug fixing more than anything. ESO starts to falling apart because of all the broken things we have, if you really care about this game you'd now that we don't need another new zone.
    Why not both? :tongue: Wanting improvements and discussing the potential next chapter are not mutually exclusive.
    giphy.gif
    Edited by bluebird on June 18, 2019 9:10AM
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim, college of Winterhold where you will learn spell-crafting. Spell-crafting is a finished product.
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I don't know but there is still so much of Tamriel that I need to see!
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • IldaraFathryon
    IldaraFathryon
    ✭✭✭
    The Q4 DLC probably will have some more foreshadowing/hints to look forward to also.

In CWC there are explicit mentions of Summerset both in the main quest and in a side quest, and Murkmire as already mentioned had a couple of more subtle hints to Elsweyr.

PC | EU | EP
    MagPlarDD/StamplarTank- Ildara Fathryon, Flawless Conqueror
    StamDragonknight Tank - Timaeus Fathryon, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer

vAA HM (MT, OT, DD)
    vSO HM (MT, OT, DD)
    vHRC HM (MT, OT)
    vDSA (T)
    vMoL HM/Speedrun/Fang Focused (MT, OT)
    vHoF TTT (MT)
    vAS+2 (MT, OT)
    vCR+3 (OT)
    vSS HM (OT)
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neverwalk wrote: »
    Skyrim, college of Winterhold where you will learn spell-crafting. Spell-crafting is a finished product.

Every year I am hoping for Spellcrafting and my disappointment ratio is 3/3 as of now... and 2020 is too early for a Skyrim Chapter. Time for Imperials and Abnur heading home!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malazan.
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Title says it all.

Are there hints (like previously in Morrowind and Summerset) where the next chapter might take place? Akaviri are all over Elsweyr but they are more like Maormer in Summerset, not forshadowing anything.

But we knew in Morrowind Summerset will be the next goal (Naryu quests) and we knew in Summerset that Elsweyr will be our next destination.

I am almost done with Elsweyr and haven't found anything particularly interesting about this topic yet, maybe I missed it. That's why I ask: are there hints in Elsweyr where we might go next?

Well, seeing as though they often say "northern elsweyr" in the game (says it somewhere anyway), my guess would be Southern Elsweyr to continue the Season of the Dragon story.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EdoKeledus wrote: »
    The next chapter so the next year, should be Daggerfall Convenant oriented (I hope), there is no logic in my point but it's DC turn now.

2017 : Morrowind (EP)
    2018 : Summerset (AD)
    2019 : Elswery (AD)

For 2020, Hammerfell sounds good.

Lets not forget (DC)wrothgar it was basically a chapter before the chapter idea was a thing. followed same model huge zone 2 publics a trial etc
    Edited by Mettaricana on June 19, 2019 2:00PM
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I don't care. Whatever happens, unless it's strictly pvp (or TG/DB), I'll be playing it. I'm SO not worried about what happens next year. What I'm thinking about is how to get enough berries for the next two indriks....

Seriously people - why do you need a next year plan? Or.... a two year plan? Just roll with the flow. And if you don't get the info you want, maybe you should go play some other game.

Generally this, for me too. I just like Elder Scrolls lore in general, so whatever they add I'm going to be right there with it diving in.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title says it all.

... we knew in Summerset that Elsweyr will be our next destination.

What & where did the Summerset Chapter did gave a hint that it's Elsweyr? can you enlighten me on this one?

Raz, while sitting on the proxy queen's throne at the end of the Summerset main quest, says he's going to go home.

unknown.png
  • Darios_Heliodromos
    Darios_Heliodromos
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine that we're going to see something Imperial themed next year and probably something related to Skyrim in 2021.

After then, things will become interesting. We'd have bits and pieces of Hammerfell, Black Marsh, and Morrowind left to explore. With Tamriel becoming increasingly filled out, I would hope that future chapters will become more imaginative and exotic - exploring the lands and islands beyond Tamriel (ex: Pyandonea, Atmora, maybe even new lands of which we do not yet know anything of.)

A cool idea for a Pyandonean chapter could begun with Queen Ayrenn ordering a fleet from Auridon to raid Pyandonea in retaliation for recent Sea Elf attacks on the Summerset Islands. However, before the fleet arrives on Pyandonea, they are hit by a powerful tempest that sinks the majority of the Dominion fleet, leaving the player washed up on the shores of an impenetrable and misty sea jungle. From there, players would have to earn the trust and friendship of the Sea Elves in order to survive and ultimately deal with some of issue there (maybe interact with a faction of Maomer who are not completely antagonistic towards the Altmer and wishes to achieve peace and reunification with their long sundered cousins).

Something like that could make for a unique and epic storyline that would help keep ESO "fresh" for years to come.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about we think about all the performance issues, bugs and balancing issues 1st instead of worrying about some content that’s a year away.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For me it may just be "Noweyr".

It's getting very close to time for another break.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We left Darien hanging in Oblivion after Summerset. So what if the next chapter is in a Daedric realm, like the Colored Rooms?
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's a Breton, Imperial or Oblivion plane zones I'll be very happy
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would say a Redguard/Hammerfell chapter will be next.

I'm hoping for pink-tinted sands, pyramids, palm trees and blue and gold Egyptian-style stuff.

Then, chapter after that, probably Skyrim; so, Nords and snow.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    why are people obsessed about what might be coming in a year versus enjoying what is right in front of them?

Probably sick of Elsweyr, already.

I would be less sick of it if at least some of the housing (other than the inn room) had been more inspiring.

It doesn't feel like home, if you don't have a nice house there (or any prospect of one).
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 19, 2019 5:39PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    How about we think about all the performance issues, bugs and balancing issues 1st instead of worrying about some content that’s a year away.
    Mayrael wrote: »

I agree - fixing bugs and performance issues are more important.

However, they are almost certainly going to do another chapter next year, either way, so may as well discuss it.
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    why are people obsessed about what might be coming in a year versus enjoying what is right in front of them?

Cause that's already done with... it's been a bit since that content launched and was consumed.

There's largely over 11 months of time of the year that no real content is being played that's new so it's all just recycled.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.