The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Chapter IV: What's coming after Elsweyr?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Title says it all.

Are there hints (like previously in Morrowind and Summerset) where the next chapter might take place? Akaviri are all over Elsweyr but they are more like Maormer in Summerset, not forshadowing anything.

But we knew in Morrowind Summerset will be the next goal (Naryu quests) and we knew in Summerset that Elsweyr will be our next destination.

I am almost done with Elsweyr and haven't found anything particularly interesting about this topic yet, maybe I missed it. That's why I ask: are there hints in Elsweyr where we might go next?
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are hints but mostly they are probably pointing to the next zone DLC, not the next chapter. We know that the dungeons and next DLC will be a continuation of the story as Zos told us this earlier in the year.
    iirc it is the southern part of Elsweyr an it is Abnur Tharn that makes the comment about this.
    Edited by idk on June 17, 2019 9:08AM
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After Elseweyr they are going to DLC Missouri.

:#
  • Karacule_Fairystar
    Karacule_Fairystar
    ✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Title says it all.

... we knew in Summerset that Elsweyr will be our next destination.

What & where did the Summerset Chapter did gave a hint that it's Elsweyr? can you enlighten me on this one?
  • mann9753b16_ESO
    mann9753b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really love an expansion that doesnt introduce a new zone, but works with all existing zones, but thats sadly not possible in ESO, because of the open world mechanic where you dont have to finish the old content before you get to the new content.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title says it all.

What & where did the Summerset Chapter did gave a hint that it's Elsweyr? can you enlighten me on this one?

Good point because I do not recall anything of the sorts.
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    I would really love an expansion that doesnt introduce a new zone, but works with all existing zones, but thats sadly not possible in ESO, because of the open world mechanic where you dont have to finish the old content before you get to the new content.

That's not really in the way, or is it? If the chapter content is tied together by some mechanic (I really would've wished for that regarding the Guild DLCs!!!!) and clearly identifiable for newbies, why should old content block new content in the same zones?

Aside from that, I'd really wish for the Colovian Estates, Nibenay, Winterhold (show us the old capital of Skyrim in all its glory not seen in TES V) or the eastern eastern Islands (let me quickly look up how they are called).
    Edited by LennoxPoodle on June 17, 2019 9:24AM
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WGAF?
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Title says it all.

It was just Raz saying he would go home.

I don't remember any major characters in Elsweyr talking about other regions, but 2 npcs in the quest "Thick as Thieves" in The Stitches both mention Skyrim. One mentions "Erke of the Bard College", there could be other Bard Colleges but I only know of one.

The other npc mentions Saarthal and Dwarven ruins, assumed to be Blackreach. He also mentions a Chaurus, which I don't remember anyone else mentioning in ESO so far.

If all "hints" are just people saying where they (or a different character) will go next then the Skyrim references are pointless.

PS5 EU.
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Title says it all.

Are there hints (like previously in Morrowind and Summerset) where the next chapter might take place? Akaviri are all over Elsweyr but they are more like Maormer in Summerset, not forshadowing anything.

But we knew in Morrowind Summerset will be the next goal (Naryu quests) and we knew in Summerset that Elsweyr will be our next destination.

I am almost done with Elsweyr and haven't found anything particularly interesting about this topic yet, maybe I missed it. That's why I ask: are there hints in Elsweyr where we might go next?

i highly doubt we will get akaviri soon, theres still tons of tamriel are need to be unlocked first, i do hope we will unlocked the rest of skyrim next, and ZoS better release it on 11 11 to milk the skyrim fanboy lel
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No spoilers. Just do the quest "Thick as Thieves" in The Stiches. Quest givers are Isadati or Tasnasi. Listen to what the NPC Vole has got to say about how he, a wood elf, became a brilliant mechanist.

PC EU
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    There are hints but mostly they are probably pointing to the next zone DLC, not the next chapter. We know that the dungeons and next DLC will be a continuation of the story as Zos told us this earlier in the year.
    iirc it is the southern part of Elsweyr an it is Abnur Tharn that makes the comment about this.

We already know the next DLC Zone will be Pellitine, this was confirmed by ZOS and was quite obvious after finishing the Elsweyr main story -

not only did Abnur say he's going to go there next but it's quite clear that the story will revolve around new born Khajiit that were born during the artificial lunar eclipse and the possibility of them becoming the next Mane and Kaalgrontiid.

But as mentioned, Morrowind and Summerset both were quite foreshadowing their following Chapter, maybe there's something in Elsweyr I missed.
    Edited by Seraphayel on June 17, 2019 9:34AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Found the names of the isles: Cathnoquey, Esroniet and Yneslea. They are more or less the necessary rest stops on the road to Akavir, probably being equally influenced by both continents.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Title says it all.

Razum-dar telling us he's heading home (this was similar to Veya sailing towards Summerset).
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No spoilers. Just do the quest "Thick as Thieves" in The Stiches. Quest givers are Isadati or Tasnasi. Listen to what the NPC Vole has got to say about how he, a wood elf, became a brilliant mechanist.

I just finished the quest but can't remember, can you enlighten me?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • menschikov2
    menschikov2
    ✭✭✭
    I think we will see Skyrim-Zones only when we have 10 years Skyrim or so ant this would be 2021. One Thing that i am already expecting quite some time is a Colovia chapter. We know that they planed something there(you can go to the large wall eastwards of Kvatch there is a gate which should lead into the area around Skingrad. There you can find a door with an interactin Option but this is greyed out.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I just finished the quest but can't remember, can you enlighten me?

A conversation with Vole, talking about his unusual-for-a-Bosmer skill as a tinkerer:

alXJ1Ep.jpg

So much there:
    • Saarthal, which is very close to Winterhold.
    • A working Dwemer lift into Blackreach or somewhere similar, and someone who knows where it is.
    • Acquiring an entire skill line by eating a "soul gem" .
    PC EU
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire had some reference easter eggs too.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No new area till performance is fixed.
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    My money is on Skyrim, but Hammerfell is equally possible. I remember when the Riverwood chicken came out we could see all of Riverwood rendered behind it, so it’s clear they’ve been working on Whiterun Hold at the very least.
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    No new area till performance is fixed.

They’re worked on by different teams and they’ve already announced Q4 and Q1 optimisation. At least read the post on upcoming optimisation before moaning about lack of performance fixes.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Next is Southern Elsweyr. Main question is how much it will be charged to us since the Northern part is a chapter and the Southern seems to be another chapter. There shouldn't be another chapter released until performance in all platforms has been fixed.
    Edited by redlink1979 on June 17, 2019 10:26AM
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim sounds interesting but I really doubt it regarding the 10 year anniversary we are going to have in 2021. So a Skyrim Chapter would make more sense in two years instead of next Year but who knows.

Just wanted to go through possible locations and I think we’re pretty much done with Aldmeri zones for the moment. So either Daggerfall or Ebonheart?
    Next is Southern Elsweyr. Main question is how much it will be charged to us since the Northern part is a chapter and the Southern seems to be another chapter. There shouldn't be another chapter released until performance in all platforms has been fixed.

Pellitine (Southern Elsweyr) will be a zone DLC so it’s covered in ESO Plus. I doubt it will have the size of a usual zone, it will be more of Clockwork City / Murkmire. I’d say may costs will be 2500-3000 Crowns.
    Edited by Seraphayel on June 17, 2019 10:28AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After looking at the in game map there’s a lot of space left in the Pact and the Dominion. There’s a ton of free space in the Southeast of the map.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • sp_korshun
    sp_korshun
    ✭✭✭
    We need Chapter IV Oblivion and Chapter V Skyrim o:)
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Next DLC will be Southern Elsweyr, and I think it will be pretty close in size to CwC if not bigger (of course this speculation on the fact that they said they were going very big and ambitious with this year of the dragon Event).

That being said I think southern Elsweyr will have a lot of “training wheel” areas, either inaccessible, or kinda like the dense forest part of summer set but larger in scope.

As far next chapter, Summerset and Murkmire both had subtle hints where the next chapter would be, (as well as assets from dataminers) I’d say we’d have to wait for the next DLC to really guess, but right now I feel like it will be Skyrim.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s left is either Hammerfell, Cyrodil or Black Marsh.

Doubt they’ll release a Black Marsh expansion just yet, being so close to Murkmire DLC.

Skyrim is coming 2021 for the anniversary.

ES 6 is suspected to be Hammerfell.

My money is on Cyrodil as in theory, it should be easy to make considering the can somewhat follow Oblivion. There is space for west and east Cyrodil. I’m hoping we get the east side first!

Could be another Daedric Realm which would be cool!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But we knew in Morrowind Summerset will be the next goal (Naryu quests) and we knew in Summerset that Elsweyr will be our next destination.?

We really didn't. The only thing we had was Razum saying he wanted to head home. That's it. Elsweyr is a completely new storyline and wasn't hinted to at all in Summerset.

Can we at least wait until the end of the Dragon Season and after the Q4 zone Pellitine before we start legit speculating on Chapter 4?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArchMikem I disagree, Raz talking about going home is the hint. Also in Murkmire you have an Argonian talking about going some place warm and using “Elsewere” as a pun. Also a lot of the Khajiit in Summerset and Murkmire are wearing updated Khajiiti clothing. Now I can agree that these in itself isn’t necessarily hard evidence, but in retrospect it’s pretty damning.

But what was hard evidence was the datamines. Bandaari crates. Elsweyr assets appearing in game files. Ect. That coupled with these hints or as you might describe as lack of hints, pretty much solidified Elsweyr months before it was released.

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are people obsessed about what might be coming in a year versus enjoying what is right in front of them?
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After looking at the in game map there’s a lot of space left in the Pact and the Dominion. There’s a ton of free space in the Southeast of the map.

No, the Dominion is done after southern elswyer. All is left is a good portion of Morrowind (EP), A huge chunk of Black Marsh (EP), Skyrim minus Eastmarch and the Rift (EP) Solestim (EP?) Leyawiin/lands south of Bravil (Cyrodiil), Skingrad (Cyrodiil) more of Cyrodiil west of Chorrol but east of the Gold Coast (I guess parts of Skingrad?), and large chunks of Hammerfell (DC).

Maybe a Falensti dlc for 1 last AD dlc...
    Edited by JobooAGS on June 18, 2019 12:59AM