The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Original assistants vs cats

Gluedog
Gluedog
✭✭✭
Which do you guys prefer?

Original assistants vs cats 164 votes

Cats
68%
nexxus_ESOhuntgod_ESO1mirgtohopka_esoJarndyceArmenuaRedTalonSvenjaNemesis7884AimoraPrinceDamienSpacegatoeklhaftb16_ESODolgubonGlurinKosefleokafilyeb17_ESOCastanamereczarDelgent 113 votes
Originals
31%
kypranb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOGythralTureluskari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOArcuelShagrethLoralai_907StreegaOwnDarkmage1337KnightpantherVulsahdaalDragonnordStrider__RoshinBealeb319BrrrofskiEDS604OhtimbarFischblut 51 votes
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea, does the cat constantly tell me how great I am for some coral heart stuff? Or babbles on about some monks?

If not, then the cat wins. I already know I'm great.
    Edited by richo262 on June 6, 2019 3:55PM
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats
    But have originals and can't justify spending so much money on a reskin :/
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cats aren't out yet. Hard to say. I do have the original assistants, so chances are I won't be spending another 10k crowns on them if all we're talking about is a cosmetic difference.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are we talking about? I don't understand.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote for choice. I applaud the new option, and will probably get a cat merchant to go with my Dunmer banker. I would have preferred to see the function and appearance sold separately, as having both variants doesn't provide any extra functionality,.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cats
    I bought the banker and not the merchant. I'll be getting Mr Sellypaws the Third at some point.

What do you mean he doesn't like his name?
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    What are we talking about? I don't understand.

Zos finally announced that a new banker and merchant assistant will be in the crown store during the month of June. They are cats from Elsweyr. Alfiqs. There's an article about the June Crown Store items on the launcher I think. Should have pictures and more details in it.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats
    The cats are smaller and more fluffy.

There is no real competition here.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fezez, “friend! You wish to sell honest goods?”
    Me: the meme where Snoop Dogg is holding up a card that says “this the cutest snip I’ve ever seen”. See below on why there’s no picture. :/

[snip]

[edited for circumventing profanity filter]
    Edited by max_only on June 6, 2019 11:42PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    Cats aren't out yet. Hard to say. I do have the original assistants, so chances are I won't be spending another 10k crowns on them if all we're talking about is a cosmetic difference.

Cats are out as of a few hours ago! ❤️
  • DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    Beyond the cuteness factor, I prefer the original banker and merchant. I have more than enough to get the new shiny versions, but after seeing how small they are that I have to actually LOOK for them to know WHERE they are so I can use their services, I was turned off.

It's cute on paper but I know it would annoy me if I have to try to find where they even are on the ground. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Edited by DovahkiinHeart on June 6, 2019 4:18PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the Imperial and Altmer banker and merchant that was datamined years ago!

gp_crwn_utility_portablebankerpremium_1x1.jpg
    gp_crwn_utility_portablemerchpremium_1x1.jpg
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on June 6, 2019 4:33PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Cats are out as of a few hours ago! ❤️

And, I'm stuck at work...
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the Imperial and Altmer banker and merchant that was datamined years ago!

Same still waiting on the Imperial banker. Just got the merchant right now.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • hellhound223
    hellhound223
    ✭✭✭
    And, I'm stuck at work...

Same :'(
    PC-NA
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Originals
    Do they do anything different from the other two? apart from lick themselves
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats
    macsmooth wrote: »

ThbviQ4.jpg
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats
    The only reason I didn’t buy the original banker was cause he was soooo ugly.....

Would be nice to have a few different choices.....
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats
    i8DtN5A.jpg
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Originals
    WeerW3ir wrote: »

ThbviQ4.jpg

Not actually sure what you trying to say with just a picture?

If you can go to guild store via the banker cat then yes but if it is exactly the same as the ugly stuck up guy then nope not wasting 10k on small chase that cuteness cat all over the place
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats

If you can go to guild store via the banker cat then yes but if it is exactly the same as the ugly stuck up guy then nope not wasting 10k on small chase that cuteness cat all over the place

i mean that they do that too :P
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they really that small? It's going to be difficult to find then when there a number of players around.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Originals
    I want khajiit and argonian versions, or better just to be able to edit our assistants as if they were our characters; we could choose any race, use our costumes, skins, personalities, polymorphs... :)<3

Alfiq do not look cute in my opinion, they just look okay - but old assistants also look okay, so I'm not buying new versions.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Originals
    WeerW3ir wrote: »

i mean that they do that too :P

Ah fair enough I was replying while you posted the close up picture, I’m on mobile phone so couldn’t see the begging the cat does, it’s cute but I have two cats that do that now at home don’t need one in game oh wait I have a home in this game

I will change my answer to say in my home I would have the cats but will wait until they get reduced to 1k each for being reskins of already got upgrades
    Edited by macsmooth on June 6, 2019 4:55PM
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originals
    The kitties are cute, but I already have the originals and am not seeing a need for more than one set. And it had occurred to me that the kitties size may pose a problem in more crowded locations since thy might be even harder to interact with than the originals (who just like to run off at random moments)
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Shimizu
    Shimizu
    ✭✭
    Cats
    I think they're missing out on huge potential sales from people who already have the originals who'd throw more money at it to get the alternate skin but aren't willing to drop 10k crowns for something that is a duplicate function. Or even give me a way to gift my old ones to someone else and i'll buy the new ones, but currently its just really hard to justify the expense.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are the original assistants now unavailable? I didn't see a count down.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats

They are though lol and cat banker beats that damn dunmer any day because he kept running from me the cat stands there
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they run away when you summon them like the originals do now? That’s the deciding factor for me
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cats
    Do they run away when you summon them like the originals do now? That’s the deciding factor for me

They walk past you vs sprinting away
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer