The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please add a Dungeon Finder with no "kick-possibility"

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before we start, I have to clarify that I'm not, nor I'm near to be, a "hardcore" player. I'm 100% certified casual :D. I'm not saying this to offend anyone or anything; I enjoy the game as it is and it's a choose of mine to not put a lot of dedication to it in order to complete harder contents. (Just to make it clear: the only 2 raids I did were Hel'ra Citadel and Aetherian Archive, both in normal mode and I was struggling with them, so please don't be harsh or anything lol)...

Now; let's get to the Topic of this discussion.
    As a lot of people are already complaining about the Dungeon Finder and its many flaws, this gotta be changed, somehow. My idea about it is to add another Dungeon Queue, different from the main one but, with only one difference: there is not the option to kick people. I know, I know I know... it MAY sound stupid / useless, actually IT DOES sound stupid / useless but, think about it. How many times people that just want to HAVE FUN in this game - instead of being the best of the best - have been kicked from a Dungeon - sometimes even halfway through the end of it - because considered too "noob" by the elitist pug the queue put us with; and I'm not talking about veteran dungeons, because I totally gave up on those! :D. If you don't have a group to play with, they don't let you complete harder contents but, if you never do them because you get cut out by those people, how are you even supposed to get better at the game?
    Yes, I know - "You could just get a premade group"; I'm gonna answer this question asap; forming a premade group is not what the Dungeon Finder is for? If you have to get a premade group everytime then what's the sense of having a dungeon finder? Let's just delete it at this point XD. I don't really understand why there isn't a proper matchmaking in this game!
    Now, you may ask, "What's the point of having it if you can still get people that wanna complete the dungeon as fast as possible anyway?" - well, that's their own problem to be honest! Imagine it like this: people that want to complete dungeons fast will still go with the normal Dungeon Finder, so if they find a "noob" they still have the possibility to kick them or whatever, really. Meanwhile, people who just want to have fun and don't really care about the time spent on those dungeons, but just want to understand what the dungeon is about instead of rushing everything because of random people, then will go with this new dungeon finder without the FEAR of being kicked, wasting just a LOT of time! :D

Let me know what you guys think about this; every thoughts will be well-accepted

In before tho: please don't reply with things such as "just L2P", "git gud" or similar, they don't help at all the discussion and will be deleted by ZoS anyway (in case they read this post), so it's just a waste of time both for me and for you!

P.S. I'm sorry if some parts aren't clear, but I'm not english native, so my grammar may be really bad :)

Git Gut, l2p etc. Besides if you constantly get kicked during a dungeon then it is your fault for being so awfully bad at this game. People kick others for a reason and that reason is they know they can't carry some poeple. If you are uncarryable then it is very, very, very bad of you.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thokri wrote: »
    Been playing online games for two decades and times I seen kick that was not deserved can be counted with one hand and pretty much just was trolling and I have played a lot, and I mean a lot.

This is very difficult for me to believe.

I would wager anyone who has used the activity finder a lot has seen the kick function abused more than 5 times. I know I certainly have. In fact it's almost always abused when I see it initiated. Very seldom do I ever see someone kicked or attempted to be kicked for a legitimate reason. The function is abused more than opioids - so much so to the point it's offensive and this game has proven to me without a hint of doubt in my mind they aren't responsible enough to be trusted with this tool - at least not in its current state.

Just the amount of people I've seen kicked or attempted to be kicked on the basis of their CP alone would easily stretch into the hundreds - often times at the very start of a dungeon before they are even given a chance - and sometimes accompanied with an obstinate player refusing to go any further unless the rest of the group agrees to their demands.

In any case: the OP's suggestion here is a completely reasonable one. He or she is not suggesting removing the kick function - simply to give others the option to queue up on a system where one doesn't exist. And I can tell you I would certainly still use it - and I'm sure many other "half-decent" players would as well. The abuse new or learning players are put through on this game through the misuse and trolling of the kick function is probably some of the worse I've seen on any online game ever.

Edited by Jeremy on May 31, 2019 10:10PM
  • KobaSSTheSlumpGod
    sharquez wrote: »
    Can we start by having one that works in the first place? That's a good start point I think. Once we get that part down then we can talk customizability.

Yeah, that would be a start haha :D
  • KobaSSTheSlumpGod
    WolfStar07 wrote: »
    Sometimes the person getting kicked is the elitist one with a bad attitude. I don't think it's fair to have to have the rest of the group quit just because they can't kick someone.

The idea is about a separated dungeon finder. If you queue for it, you most likely know what you're going to face - PUGS, as you do already with the normal finder, without the possibility of kicking them, another way to balance this would be reduce / remove the 15m queue for abandoning a dungeon group, incase you're actually struggling with it (even tho you knew what you were going about)
  • Biscuit
    Biscuit
    ✭✭
    I agree with the no kick option. Honestly I when I do dungeons i don't want to rush things, I want to read the quests and enjoy the fights, the longer the fights the better that feeling when you kill the boss and earned your rewards. Some people nowadays are just way too impatient to actually wait on the real eso fans that enjoy the lore and quests, they just want to get it done quickly and then the next thing they do they also skip almost everything. That doesn't seem that enjoyable to me. So it happened to me a lot that people had to wait as i main tank and i get flamed a lot for it. When i then tell them that i need just a few seconds to read, 50% of the time i get kicked, which is quite sad as i just want to enjoy the game.
  • Thokri
    Thokri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Been playing online games for two decades and times I seen kick that was not deserved can be counted with one hand and pretty much just was trolling and I have played a lot, and I mean a lot.

Just the amount of people I've seen kicked or attempted to be kicked on the basis of their CP alone would easily stretch into the hundreds - often times at the very start of a dungeon before they are even given a chance - and sometimes accompanied with an obstinate player refusing to go any further unless the rest of the group agrees to their demands.

Kicking someone with under 300cp in harder veterans is completely deserved. Very likely they have been playing only couple days and veteran (excluding easy vets) are not place for them yet.

Yes, they can be done with cp 1 but so have people soloed it, 9 out of 10 however regular group needs most to participate in vet dlc.

Never have I seen anyone kicked on normal dungeon because low cp.
    Edited by Thokri on May 31, 2019 10:15PM
  • KobaSSTheSlumpGod
    Before we start, I have to clarify that I'm not, nor I'm near to be, a "hardcore" player. I'm 100% certified casual :D. I'm not saying this to offend anyone or anything; I enjoy the game as it is and it's a choose of mine to not put a lot of dedication to it in order to complete harder contents. (Just to make it clear: the only 2 raids I did were Hel'ra Citadel and Aetherian Archive, both in normal mode and I was struggling with them, so please don't be harsh or anything lol)...

As a lot of people are already complaining about the Dungeon Finder and its many flaws, this gotta be changed, somehow. My idea about it is to add another Dungeon Queue, different from the main one but, with only one difference: there is not the option to kick people. I know, I know I know... it MAY sound stupid / useless, actually IT DOES sound stupid / useless but, think about it. How many times people that just want to HAVE FUN in this game - instead of being the best of the best - have been kicked from a Dungeon - sometimes even halfway through the end of it - because considered too "noob" by the elitist pug the queue put us with; and I'm not talking about veteran dungeons, because I totally gave up on those! :D. If you don't have a group to play with, they don't let you complete harder contents but, if you never do them because you get cut out by those people, how are you even supposed to get better at the game?
    Yes, I know - "You could just get a premade group"; I'm gonna answer this question asap; forming a premade group is not what the Dungeon Finder is for? If you have to get a premade group everytime then what's the sense of having a dungeon finder? Let's just delete it at this point XD. I don't really understand why there isn't a proper matchmaking in this game!
    Now, you may ask, "What's the point of having it if you can still get people that wanna complete the dungeon as fast as possible anyway?" - well, that's their own problem to be honest! Imagine it like this: people that want to complete dungeons fast will still go with the normal Dungeon Finder, so if they find a "noob" they still have the possibility to kick them or whatever, really. Meanwhile, people who just want to have fun and don't really care about the time spent on those dungeons, but just want to understand what the dungeon is about instead of rushing everything because of random people, then will go with this new dungeon finder without the FEAR of being kicked, wasting just a LOT of time! :D

Let me know what you guys think about this; every thoughts will be well-accepted

In before tho: please don't reply with things such as "just L2P", "git gud" or similar, they don't help at all the discussion and will be deleted by ZoS anyway (in case they read this post), so it's just a waste of time both for me and for you!

P.S. I'm sorry if some parts aren't clear, but I'm not english native, so my grammar may be really bad :)

I'd be fine with this. To be honest, I think they should just remove the kick function all together and have said so in the past. I believe it causes more harm than good and is net bad for the game. For every legitimate kick there's probably at least a dozen that were uncalled for and unnecessary. That or retool the system to where it's more resistant to abuse - such as preventing those who queue up together from conspiring to kick others who don't meet their superficial standards or indeed those who simply use it as a tool to troll.

Just for clarification - even tho I agree with you, I think the kick tool should remain in the main Dungeon Finder but, yeah, it may (and it need) to be reworked somehow so it won't be abused anymore
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kicking someone with under 300cp in harder veterans is completely deserved. Very likely they have been playing only couple days and veteran (excluding easy vets) are not place for them yet.

Yes, they can be done with cp 1 but so have people soloed it, regular group needs most to participate in vet dlc.

Never have I seen anyone kicked on normal dungeon because low cp.

No it is not "completely deserved".

In fact, it's patently absurd to kick someone on the sole basis of their CP.

As to normal dungeons - I can't really comment as I haven't ran normal dungeons in a very long time.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 31, 2019 10:17PM
  • KobaSSTheSlumpGod
    AlnilamE wrote: »

I'd be fine with this. To be honest, I think they should just remove the kick function all together and have said so in the past. I believe it causes more harm than good and is net bad for the game. For every legitimate kick there's probably at least a dozen that were uncalled for and unnecessary. That or retool the system to where it's more resistant to abuse - such as preventing those who queue up together from conspiring to kick others who don't meet their superficial standards or indeed those who simply use it as a tool to troll.

I'm sorry, but I'd rather get kicked for no reason than have to run a dungeon with ***. Because if you have a group of 3 and you only need one more person, I don't want me and my guildies stuck with a rude player.

OP: Simply queue with one person already in your group. That way the PUGs won't have a majority to kick you.

That sure is a good way to avoid the problem (probably the best one, until they change this - hoping they will)
    ...but it's still avoiding the issue instead of resolving it x)
  • KobaSSTheSlumpGod
    No it is not "completely deserved".

In fact, - it's patently absurd to kick someone on the sole basis of their CP.

As to normal dungeons - I can't really comment as I haven't ran normal dungeons in a very long time.

Agreement here
  • KobaSSTheSlumpGod

Git Gut, l2p etc. Besides if you constantly get kicked during a dungeon then it is your fault for being so awfully bad at this game. People kick others for a reason and that reason is they know they can't carry some poeple. If you are uncarryable then it is very, very, very bad of you.

Nice, thanks for your partecipation to the topic
  • Massacre_Wurm
    Massacre_Wurm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The abuse new or learning players are put through on this game through the misuse and trolling of the kick function is probably some of the worse I've seen on any online game ever.

Exactly. I really like the way they did it in FF14 in two first story-related raids ( or trials whatever ). All cutscenes is unskippable so new players can freely enjoy the story. And not running like rabbits.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just for clarification - even tho I agree with you, I think the kick tool should remain in the main Dungeon Finder but, yeah, it may (and it need) to be reworked somehow so it won't be abused anymore

In my experience: it's abused far more often than it is used legitimately to deal with disruptive players. Therefore it is a net bad in my opinion and I believe the game would be better served without one.

I'm aware of your proposal and how it differs from mine, don't worry - and it's a reasonable one.
  • KobaSSTheSlumpGod

In my experience: it's abused far more often than it is used legitimately to deal with disruptive players. Therefore it is a net bad in my opinion and I believe the game would be better served without one.

I'm aware of your proposal and how it differs from mine, don't worry - and it's a reasonable one.

Yeah, I agree on it being abused too much, especially on newer players. This is why it needs a rework
    But I admit it may be a bit too much for a lot of people to remove it from the main queue, because there are some cases where it is totally justified, like when someone is afk - and I support if he gets kicked for it
    Another solution to it would be to add an afk auto-kicker in the dungeons (I know there is already, maybe reduce its needed time or whatever)

I like how it works in Destiny 2. You can't kick anyone, but if a player stay moveless for 3 minutes they just get kicked out from the activity

On the other hand tho, I totally agree with your idea
    Edited by KobaSSTheSlumpGod on May 31, 2019 10:39PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please add a Dungeon Finder with no "kick-possibility"

Awesome Idea!
    i hope it happens.
  • KobaSSTheSlumpGod
    AlnilamE wrote: »

I'm sorry, but I'd rather get kicked for no reason than have to run a dungeon with ***. Because if you have a group of 3 and you only need one more person, I don't want me and my guildies stuck with a rude player.

OP: Simply queue with one person already in your group. That way the PUGs won't have a majority to kick you.

After you land in a troll group who kick you right before the last boss just to screw with you - you might have a different opinion.

The system is too easy to abuse. You can always just put the *** on ignore.

It happened too many times, I truly hope ZoS will do something about it
  • KobaSSTheSlumpGod
    Biscuit wrote: »
    I agree with the no kick option. Honestly I when I do dungeons i don't want to rush things, I want to read the quests and enjoy the fights, the longer the fights the better that feeling when you kill the boss and earned your rewards. Some people nowadays are just way too impatient to actually wait on the real eso fans that enjoy the lore and quests, they just want to get it done quickly and then the next thing they do they also skip almost everything. That doesn't seem that enjoyable to me. So it happened to me a lot that people had to wait as i main tank and i get flamed a lot for it. When i then tell them that i need just a few seconds to read, 50% of the time i get kicked, which is quite sad as i just want to enjoy the game.

I know the feels... frustration at its finest :/
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kicking someone with under 300cp in harder veterans is completely deserved.

Your hubris is showing.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valenor wrote: »
    Kicking people in a normal dungeon shouldnt be a thing. It should be removed. They are easy enough to be completed without a dedicated healer or tank.

When you have 2 CP290 & 710 DDs, and 1 CP600 healer yet the Meta tank (max 4500 dps) is doing HALF the damage out of group total 8600 clearly something is not working properly.
    A healer alone could be doing 6500 dps by just elemental blockade & 1 dot (like blazing spear). Equip one more damage skill and they are at 10K dps. Yet even on that there are people incapable to do so. Let alone DDs. My new level 30 Magplar is outdamaging the guys of the above example many times over with barely using Blazing Spear, Elemental Blockade and Puncturing Sweep.

When you meet such group as a tank you run out of patience when you need to do nCOA2 (like I just did right now with the above) or nICP. (did it yesterday with similar CP people and horrible DPS at just 11K group total)

I have no issue carry with my DDs. I can storm and mop up all normal dungeons doing 90% of the damage and finishing even the longest of the base game ones, in just 10 minutes. But is painful torture when trying to do it with meta tank not been able to do anything about it but quit, letting another tank get to the grind.

Similarly numerous times in DLC dungeons hot joined with my tanks, because the previous tank was fake.
    MOS, MHK, Malatar, Frostvault even the easiest ones like Fang Lair and Mazzatun. How you force a group not been able to kick a slacker tank or a healer?
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill take a no kick/no penalty from the daily random finder when get stuck with a grp i dont like in the first 10 seconds of joining.or when theyve already completed part of it. Thats it.
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kicking people with just the reason they are low CP is really sick and showing toxic and unsocial behaviour.

I have no issue kicking a slacker from a vet dungeon (I do it) or even a normal difficulty one if they cannot pull their act together creating more issues than they should (eg not bash MHK or ICP boss to free the trapped team mate even when repeatedly told them what to do), however there is no excuse to kick someone for been low level or low CP.

Also most of the time, I offer to help them improve or even make them gear if I see someone struggling but trying.
    There is a dozen players out there just the last month, learned how to weave, what skills need, and made them some gear to move on and farm what they need. That's dozen players less who will be kicked because they can only do light attacks with a bow, and nothing else. Ofc there is another dozen who refused outright my assistance.
  • abigfishy
    abigfishy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Splitting up the dungeon queues even more would be a disaster. Best solution is as said many times join a supportive guild of which there are many and easier than ever to join with the new guild finder feature.
    Level 50 Characters
    USA
    Odette Skullcrusher Nord DK EP Tank
    Hannah Smithee Breton Templar DC Healer
    Charlotte of the Wild Bosmer NB EP DPS
    Rabbath Amman Dark Elf Sorc EP DPS
    Lovely Twinkle High Elf Sorc AD Tank
    Nepith Dark Elf Warden EP Healer
    Tupac Shakoor Redguard Sorc DC Tank
    Faire the Last Snow Elf Altmer Warden EP Ice Staff Tank
    EU
    Soul-Shriven Breton Sorc DC DPS