Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Active Racial Ability/Abilities

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
For past threads on this topic:
**IF** SUCH A THING WERE ADDED (WHATEVER YOUR VIEWS ON ITS LIKELIHOOD) WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE FOR YOUR FAVORITE RACE?

I don't see a full skill line working out, but what would you want if there was an ultimate for each race? Serious and joke answers welcome, just make sure we can tell which is which...

o4d.jpg
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton my favourite race the ability to be immune to magic for a few seconds kinda like dk wings. Or gain a greater resistance to magic as nord as stolen Breton spell resistance in last racial changes patch.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer. Get a synergy prompt over eligible corpses to Devour (like a ww), making resources renew quickly in an interruptible channel. It’s a bounty worse than murder if witnessed by the wrong npc.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Bosmer. Get a synergy prompt over eligible corpses to Devour (like a ww), making resources renew quickly in an interruptible channel. It’s a bounty worse than murder if witnessed by the wrong npc.

Oh nice, like Forsaken... *munch* *munch*
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was on during beta but was dropped for balance, had been fun if more of an signature move and not OP.
    Bosmer devour, Argonian tail swipe like clanfears had.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Orc Berserker ability from Skyrim...

That's all I really want.
    Edited by ShellaSunshine on May 1, 2019 4:28AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

God mode for minute right?
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would LOVE to see racial ultimates.
  • ShellaSunshine
    ShellaSunshine
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

God mode for minute right?

It was the only ability in the game that can take down a dragon when you is level 5 lolololol

But ofc it would be nerfed into the ground if it was in ESO because Zenimax hates orcs :(
  • Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is nice to see this idea is not dead, I would love to see it but maybe instead of ulti or active skill as some new slot ability with cooldown so we would have racial skill slot (7th skill on our bar).

of course there would have to be some kind of balance and in theme to the Elder Scrolls series, like Dunmers summoning ancestor ghosts, Orcs Berserker etc etc. Would be quite interesting to see it.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    This was on during beta but was dropped for balance, had been fun if more of an signature move and not OP.
    Bosmer devour, Argonian tail swipe like clanfears had.

Still fun to talk about/have on the wish list. I mean, given how well balance complaints have gone since launch at this point a fun, moderately powerful ultimate won't make much difference :blush:

• Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    - FROM THE SHADOWS: Go in stealth instantly for 8 seconds
    - SKOOMA ADDICT: Increase critical hits for 8 seconds
    - MASTER THIEF: Steal one item from a players inventory

:trollface:
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
      xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      This isn't WoW...no.
    • Everstorm
      Everstorm
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

The complaining on the boards about over and under powered abilities will be epic for sure!
    • tinythinker
      tinythinker
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Everstorm wrote: »

The complaining on the boards about over and under powered abilities will be epic for sure!

More of the same.

Salt. Salt never changes...
      Edited by tinythinker on May 1, 2019 1:42PM

• tinythinker
      tinythinker
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This isn't WoW...no.

People said that about outfits and changing gear appearance. They used another coupled of games to say no to housing. And so on.

"This isn't..." is pointless. MMOs share or borrow many features, and when ZOS adds something similar to other games they reimagine it to fit their own vision and their goals for ESO.

In any case I'm curious what people would want to see for their favorite races *if* ZOS was going to add an active racial ability

• max_only
      max_only
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thought of some more recently:
      Bosmer devour, just like ww, see above
      Argonian swipe, self synergy to tail swipe off balance enemies maybe?
      Breton unity, better synergy numbers when grouped something like that
      Altmer accuracy, like mechanical acuity set
      Khajiit meditation, resource renewing channel
      Orc berserk, obvious
      Dunmer purify, takes off 1 debuffs when 5 or more applied
      Redguard devotion, synergy on corpses sort of like repentance but not as good
      Imperial cunning, kind of like the Daedric trickery set, except minor buffs not major
      Nord reach, chill effect stacks with range damage maybe?
      Edited by max_only on May 31, 2019 1:45AM
      #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
      #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
      || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
      ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    • srfrogg23
      srfrogg23
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Nothing that impacts combat ability. People shouldn't have to weigh how their characters look against how they play in a game like this. I'd be ok with cosmetic flavor stuff, though.
    • Deathlord92
      Deathlord92
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Well I said in a similar post my favourite race is Breton I think our race ultimate should let us take 50% less damage from spells and gain some resources back magic or stamina depending on your build.
      Edited by Deathlord92 on May 31, 2019 10:30AM
    • Grianasteri
      Grianasteri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      As a concept I would be well up for seeing more thought put into this. A racial ultimate or active skills could be great fun.
    • Nemesis7884
      Nemesis7884
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Doesnt make a lot of sense to me....active skills are learned not born with so why would they be limited to one race
    • tinythinker
      tinythinker
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Doesnt make a lot of sense to me....active skills are learned not born with so why would they be limited to one race
      Why do we have racial passive abilities that people aren't born with? It's part of the fantasy concept for the races. There's no reason one race should always be good with a particular weapon, but there you go. Same with resource passives. A scrawny Nord mage still has all of the extra stamina and health?

Just because you press a button to get a racial bonus rather than having it automatically apply doesn't change anything. Moreover, some races are actually know to have special abilities or talents that could be active skills. At the end of the day, devs add things for fun and flavor even though people could knit pick every skill line for not following a particular logical assumption a player has in their head.

• Hexquisite
      Hexquisite
      ✭✭✭✭
      When I played through Murkmire I had this same thought, wouldn't it be awesome to have the same spells the two main characters had? They looked really rad. It is all learned through bloodline and tribal lore.
      PC NA
      ~Ethereal Traders Union~
      ~Spicy Economics~
      ~Tropic Thunder~
      ~Us Ghosts~