The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

No Cost Piercing Mark (Worst Idea Ever)

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
One of the Stupidest ideas ever. After the news broke loose tons of stamblades on Live started using it even with the Magicka cost and it's bloody terrible. Now stamblades can negate your cloak but they can also cloak too since it costs nothing!
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also you can negate their cloak, and it costs nothing.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And people will still cry about cloak. Mark my words.
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we now please have:

Swallow soul reduces the cost to dodge roll to zero while slotted.

Would only be fair.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same zergling that was gonna Slot and spam Mark is still gonna spam mark. Big deal
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I'm kinda happy for this change. I've always disliked cloak and how NB is balanced around it. Imo invisibility shouldn't be attached to a main skill but should have been attached to an ultimate. Too many NB's out there solely rely on cloak and just cloakcloakcloakcloakcloak once you get within 10m of them and they wait for you to engage someone else before attacking you again. Even while using counters (such as det pots) it's pretty damn unfun to play against still.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so NBs gonna hunt each other...nice
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    NBs be like:
    2zra80.jpg

i love that pic
    Edited by Gilvoth on April 30, 2019 8:17PM
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I really like the idea of cloak being an ultimate so its not used as such a crutch. They should just rework both morphs of cloak into something useful and make a new cloak ulti that costs 70 and cloaks all allies within 5 meters.

NB main here btw.
    Edited by MentalxHammer on April 30, 2019 8:23PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    One of the Stupidest ideas ever. After the news broke loose tons of stamblades on Live started using it even with the Magicka cost and it's bloody terrible. Now stamblades can negate your cloak but they can also cloak too since it costs nothing!

If you have cloak, you have access to Mark, meaning you are equally equip to cancel their cloak. How is this a problem?
    Argonian forever
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to make the other morph of mark atractive so NBs have a reason to choose Reapers mark over the revealing Piercing mark
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I really like the idea of cloak being an ultimate so its not used as such a crutch. They should just rework both morphs of cloak into something useful and make a new cloak ulti that costs 70 and cloaks all allies within 5 meters.

NB main here btw.

that would completely destroy the nightblade stealth class.
    thats like asking for the removal of healing for templars.
    and the tanking for dragonights
    and the removal of shields for sorcs.
    and make them all only ults instead of class skills
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still nit worth slotting.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you have cloak, you have access to Mark, meaning you are equally equip to cancel their cloak. How is this a problem?

Cuz I'm not a zergling who can afford to put it on their bar
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats actually a big buff to damage, they'll have -5k spell/phys resist so the nerf to surprise didnt even impact it. And it only pierces cloak for 3 secs (i think) so if you can LoS in 2 secs and cloak youre good. NB is looking good for that solo life :love:
  • Bazeric
    Bazeric
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

Nice pun.
    Looking for broken things in hopes they may be fixed. I've given up, my game literally works differently from yours.
    64M+ AP across 9 toons... kinda makes me a GO
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cloak has no business in any MMO.

The sooner this concept sinks in the better.
    Edited by usmcjdking on April 30, 2019 10:32PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Cuz I'm not a zergling who can afford to put it on their bar

Yes, a zerg full of Shalks, Curses, Hurricanes, Spin2win, etc is totally not going to find you. It's Mark Target and it 0 damage that'll show up on my death recap as the sole reason as to why I died. Honestly, if you're bringing up zerglings, this isn't even about Mark Target at all. "Organized" Zergs were using Mark already, they had Magblades just for that since that's all Magblade is good for in PvP atm. Making it free means NOTHING in the grand scheme of things since, its already there, it's nothing new and trying to spin this as something that horribly OP when in fact it's fairly balanced considering only the Targetting NB can see you, is hardly as OP as you are attempting to make it out to be.
    Argonian forever
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's b/c not everybody is a Nightblade and thus does not have a real counter against cloak.

It is ironic, that the class that relies on cloak is also the only class that has a counter to cloak. And NBs religiously refuse to use it as to not to reveal a fellow nightblade!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

they are in every single mmo i have ever played for the last 17 years.

Edited by Gilvoth on April 30, 2019 11:12PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »

That's b/c not everybody is a Nightblade and thus does not have a real counter against cloak.

It is ironic, that the class that relies on cloak is also the only class that has a counter to cloak. And NBs religiously refuse to use it as to not to reveal a fellow nightblade!

F that. I will mark you everyday of the week because I come to PvP to fight, not play Hide and Seek.
    Argonian forever
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This nightblade vs nightblade drama is delicious
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

NB main here btw.

that would completely destroy the nightblade stealth class.
    thats like asking for the removal of healing for templars.
    and the tanking for dragonights
    and make them all only ults instead of class skills

Is this a nerf sorc thread?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Every AoE in the game is a counter to Cloak, what are you running that you have absolutely no AoE available to you
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same reason why others refuse to use a slot for cloak counters, i don’t have room and it’s unreliable
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

they are in every single mmo i have ever played for the last 17 years.

And it's been miserably broken is every single MMO I've ever played except EVE online.
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭
    And how mag nb should live now? Snipe and mark spam coming.. Bad change for mark.
    Also for my build i dont even have slot for mark, dont make use useless skills zos.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to empower the zerg. There will be stamblades in every faction stack that do nothing productive other than spam mark. It will be trivial to keep Nightblades locked out of cloak in outnumbered situations.

As I said before, this looks like an nb buff, but it's actually a major nerf.
    Edited by zyk on May 1, 2019 8:29AM
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

Every AoE in the game is a counter to Cloak, what are you running that you have absolutely no AoE available to you

A very weak counter at best!
    Given the speed at which NBs can travel, the time it takes to realize the NB cloaked, the time to switch tot he AoE ability, and the area the AoE ability covers, they are a very weak counter. Sure there is the spin2win bunch and caltrops, but that's all stamina and mostly even just NBs too.

Only NBs having a real counter to cloak is akin to only sorcs having gap closers to counter the pre-nerf streak. Pretty ridiculous right? Everybody else would still have sprint to counter streak, but it would be a pretty bad counter - just like most AoEs are for cloak.
  • killingspreeb16_ESO
    killingspreeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »

A very weak counter at best!
    Given the speed at which NBs can travel, the time it takes to realize the NB cloaked, the time to switch tot he AoE ability, and the area the AoE ability covers, they are a very weak counter. Sure there is the spin2win bunch and caltrops, but that's all stamina and mostly even just NBs too.

Only NBs having a real counter to cloak is akin to only sorcs having gap closers to counter the pre-nerf streak. Pretty ridiculous right? Everybody else would still have sprint to counter streak, but it would be a pretty bad counter - just like most AoEs are for cloak.

ye clearly you don't know what are you talking about.

• Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

NB main here btw.
    Pretty sure almost all nbs were happy when zos nerfed shields to the ground with 1s cast time. So yeah how about you get the same treatment for a change?

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.