The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maelstrom Arena weapons style from Orsinium Celebration event

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It better only drop in vet
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I promise you all that there's a large percentage of us who wouldn't know a vMA weapon from one bought from a vanilla merchant, and won't assume anyone has done anything without an associated title.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    O8qAluP.jpg

Those style pages might drop only from arena and be bound to account (meaning, to get styles player would have to complete arena, and do it multiple times to get every style. Of course, it should have 100% drop rate and not get doubles :) )

On the other hand, I hate that arena and would never want to go there again, after more than a hundred times there... :D Last time I was there more than a year ago, just to get title for my last Warden alt. So the best thing developers could do to make the event less grindy and tedious, and the most fair: make all the weapon styles obtainable for event tickets, but only for those (characters) who have achievement that they completed vMA :)
    When I see people standing around just for the sake of showing of their rare mounts or vMA weapons I see exactly what these tossers are doing cause I've seen it over and over in every other rpgmmo.

:'( What if I am in the wild, at the starter island full of new player who care more about killing those very dangerous wolves and who have no idea about mounts or weapons? :smiley:

e3a2GD1.jpg

My main character is using the first bow I ever got from vMA, its Charged and my trophy <3 It was even useful in PvP for little weapon damage buff, before developers nerfed all those hard-earned weapons :/
    None of those weapons were earned during the double drop event, all from ordinary runs (and some from leaderboards) :) Every of those weapons costed me some nerves and health, especially when I was doing leaderboard runs :|
    As soon as these types of people get a rare pet or vet trials skin they all stand around right next to the busiest city wayshrines posing

Nothing wrong with that, it's also good opportunity to see the rare mount in action. When you see someone posing, just join the fun <3

Waiting for the DSA pug is suddenly less boring:

QdEnphX.jpg

I was on my way to the outfit station, when I saw some player idling on his shiny horse... I asked him to show the roar, and people around started showing their mounts as well! If I pretended to be edgy and ignored other player who has nice thing, this little fun meeting wouldn't happen:

kdJMcjM.jpg

I would rather see such fun things, than boring NPCs and busy players who rush somewhere without caring what's going on around them.

I could simply walk to wayshrine and be on my way to some other zone, pretending to be an grumpy person who doesn't care about players around me. But I didn't, so here is a picture of cute sabre cat family :blush:

09r5y1k.jpg
    Completing vMA has become more about players feeling the need to prove they are worthy rather than players using it as a progression tool for self improvement ingame. ... When you compete with yourself you improve yourself. When you compete with others you are being driven by envy.

I consider completing vMA as basic test of the character, so those points which you list as mutually excluding, I consider as the whole point :) I complete the arena on my characters just to see if I can do it on them. I was really regretting when I created stamina warden - warden felt boring to me. I didn't see the point of that character, so I jokingly decided to take him to vMA soon after leveling him - to see how soon he will die... He did the arena with just 2 deaths :smiley: That not simply boosted his value in my eyes - this fact made me respect him and I stopped regretting his creation! The character who was close to being perfmanent mule, almost became Flawless Conqueror on his first try, and his both deaths were cause of my stupid mistakes, as (after long break from that horrible place) I simply forgot about dangers of poisonous plants and about skull knock-back attack on the platform of Despair :D My warden didn't even have his own weapons, he was using those which I transferred from my other alt; he earned his very own weapons (two maces) from that run.
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    This here is what's wrong with humanity. The need for people to wear so called badges of honour so they can prove they are better than those that don't yet have those badges for whatever reason. Yes, I totally understand the time, skill and patience it takes to complete vMA. I don't want nor need the vMA style motifs.

There is no need to create divides between players. We are all here for the love of eso. That is the one thing that surely unites us even when we disagree about everything else. We would not be here if we were not all playing this game.

When I see people standing around just for the sake of showing of their rare mounts or vMA weapons I see exactly what these tossers are doing cause I've seen it over and over in every other rpgmmo.As soon as these types of people get a rare pet or vet trials skin they all stand around right next to the busiest city wayshrines posing 😂😂😂😂

Completing vMA has become more about players feeling the need to prove they are worthy rather than players using it as a progression tool for self improvement ingame. The ugly side of humanity. If players have to link their vMA achievement in order to get into vet trials then this turns vMA into something sinister imo.

I know I'll get hate and ppl disagreeing with my comments but I seriously don't give a rats butt. This is my very strong opinion about what makes many gamers tick. This stupid need to compete with others rather than with themselves. When you compete with yourself you improve yourself. When you compete with others you are being driven by envy.

Let's imagine everyone had the vMA weapons then what? How are you going to puff yourselves up so you can feel you are better?

Like I said...I could not care less about vMA motifs either way. The more I see posts like this the more I wonder how long ill tolerate playing rpgmmos.

Grow up and stop being threatened by anything that might challenge your worth. When you peel your bums off your computer chairs those badges are worthless.

@wishlist14 you do realise by claiming this superiority over people you're just being a massive hypocrite, right?

no, of course you don't. if there's one thing ESO players are good at, it's lacking self awareness.
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    @ZOS Stop handing out E-PEEN items to the masses. We can barley handle the ones who prance around in towns now, lol....and "mostly" they actually earned that right.

Why do you care?
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t like the sound of this at all :/ you telling me now someone who hasn’t done vma is going to to be able to pretend to have a vma staff / now / weapon ? :/:/:/
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    @wishlist14 you do realise by claiming this superiority over people you're just being a massive hypocrite, right?

no, of course you don't. if there's one thing ESO players are good at, it's lacking self awareness.

He has a point though, even if he could've shared it with more elegance. People seem to add an inflated sense of "Pride and Accomplishment" to things in videogames, to the point that they throw a tantrum fit for a queen if they see something become more readily available.

Whenever I see someone peacocking with some skin they got out of a dungeon or raid, I look at them for a second, and then not give a second glance, because more often than not those skins look pretty ugly.

Then again I work on a principal of "Respect is earned not given", and show open contempt towards people who think I should respect someone just because they are considered "Respect worthy" over a videogame.
    Neyane wrote: »
    Don’t like the sound of this at all :/ you telling me now someone who hasn’t done vma is going to to be able to pretend to have a vma staff / now / weapon ? :/:/:/

I'll ask the same thing like i asked someone else: Why do you care?

(Also just for the record: I don't have any Maelstrom Arena weapons, haven't even done it Veteran because I die in two hits. With food buff I survive maybe five hits. I guess I just like the idea of seeing things more readily available)
    Edited by Kalgert on May 1, 2019 10:22AM
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r34lian wrote: »
    This here is what's wrong with humanity. The need for people to wear so called badges of honour so they can prove they are better than those that don't yet have those badges for whatever reason. Yes, I totally understand the time, skill and patience it takes to complete vMA. I don't want nor need the vMA style motifs.

There is no need to create divides between players. We are all here for the love of eso. That is the one thing that surely unites us even when we disagree about everything else. We would not be here if we were not all playing this game.

When I see people standing around just for the sake of showing of their rare mounts or vMA weapons I see exactly what these tossers are doing cause I've seen it over and over in every other rpgmmo.As soon as these types of people get a rare pet or vet trials skin they all stand around right next to the busiest city wayshrines posing 😂😂😂😂

Completing vMA has become more about players feeling the need to prove they are worthy rather than players using it as a progression tool for self improvement ingame. The ugly side of humanity. If players have to link their vMA achievement in order to get into vet trials then this turns vMA into something sinister imo.

I know I'll get hate and ppl disagreeing with my comments but I seriously don't give a rats butt. This is my very strong opinion about what makes many gamers tick. This stupid need to compete with others rather than with themselves. When you compete with yourself you improve yourself. When you compete with others you are being driven by envy.

Let's imagine everyone had the vMA weapons then what? How are you going to puff yourselves up so you can feel you are better?

Like I said...I could not care less about vMA motifs either way. The more I see posts like this the more I wonder how long ill tolerate playing rpgmmos.

Grow up and stop being threatened by anything that might challenge your worth. When you peel your bums off your computer chairs those badges are worthless.

Its not a rarity thing. You , comparing this weapon to crown shop mounts just shows how unaware you are, and makes me think you probably never got one yourself. VMA weapons were a symbol of how much you went through to get them, It got you respect not because ''nice looks'', but because it was a damn challange to finish vMA back in the day.

''ugly side of humanity'' oh the hypocrasy man... You don't play video games because they are morally right or politically correct or anything. You play games because they are fun and challenging, just like sports.

finishing vMA back in the day was something to be respected, and only a small portion of players were up to the task. Obviously they carried those weapons with pride of their achievement, which took time , practice and a lot of patience, and you just seem jelaous of all that.

It isn't something you pay for, Its something you EARN. Seriously, do you even understand how RPG games work in general? While other games put rare gear behind ridicilous RNG mechanics, ESO puts those kind of rewards behind challanges, which is something to be truly appreciated. Rewarding the player who improves, instead of the one who gets lucky.

Wrong eso has way lot of gear behind rng for instance vMA rng is horrendous it rarely drops destro staves and bow and special mention bsw inferno staff honestly I hate rng in vMA 1 hour of toil and then also you're dependent on RNG for the gear u want this shouldve been eliminated.

Eh, its true there is still an RNG factor but still not as bad as how mmorpgs generally handle rare loot. The bad trait issues have been solved with transmuting, which reduced grinding by A LOT. You only need to get the right type of weapon dropped now.

And once ''git gud'' enough to do vMA , its much easier in the follow up runs, since mechanical knowledge helps a lot.

It becomes boring and not fun usually takes me >50 min to complete vMA but thing is I like group play in eso not a fan of solo play here that's why I play eso to play with people /friends there are single players game for solo but the horrendous rng in vMA is dumb and people shouldve protested against this system.
    Edited by r34lian on May 1, 2019 10:33AM
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »

He has a point though, even if he could've shared it with more elegance. People seem to add an inflated sense of "Pride and Accomplishment" to things in videogames, to the point that they throw a tantrum fit for a queen if they see something become more readily available.

Whenever I see someone peacocking with some skin they got out of a dungeon or raid, I look at them for a second, and then not give a second glance, because more often than not those skins look pretty ugly.

Then again I work on a principal of "Respect is earned not given", and show open contempt towards people who think I should respect someone just because they are considered "Respect worthy" over a videogame.
    I more or less agree with the sentiment. It would only be apropriate if the style pages dropped from vMA though.
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »

Neyane wrote: »

I'll ask the same thing like i asked someone else: Why do you care?

(Also just for the record: I don't have any Maelstrom Arena weapons, haven't even done it Veteran because I die in two hits. With food buff I survive maybe five hits. I guess I just like the idea of seeing things more readily available)

I don't feel superior to other people. I actually don't want any gamer to feel inferior. That is my message in it's most potent yet simplified form.
  • RlDDlCK
    RlDDlCK
    ✭✭✭
    Very bad decision from ZOS.

Anything left in game that is quite unique and very hard to get that can make you look slightly different from others?
    Something that you and only you can get by working really hard?

Answer is no.

Oh, I forgot about "shiny" mounts from crates with a 0,... drop chance.

I was on the fence for last 4-5 month - keep play ESO or not, for number of reasons.

The main - laziness of game designers. I am well known 3D artist and understand this topic. It clear to me as crystal
    how much they cheating just by using SAME models for years by skinning and re-skinning them again and again and again...
    Do you know how long will it take to make the fire horse skin from existing ice skin? Answer is - less then 1 evening. Outsourcing this work will cost $80-200 MAX for most complex models.

The last interesting and unique mount model I saw in this game was the crate where mounts were created from plants. It was something interesting. All the rest - clear cheating and earning $$ from players.

I can also talk about dragons in game and how much of a deal it was made - but I don't want to spend more of my time on this.

Before I saw the VMA stylepage for everyone announce I still was not sure do I want to stay in ESO (or not) after 2700+ hours played, and was keep paying for PLUS month by month. Just in case this ZOS people will do something really new and exciting.

I am an artist. It's important for me how my character look like. Good half of my game time I was expressing myself by making my look unique. One of a kind.

Thank you ZOS for helping me in making the decision, lol))) By making quite unique VMA styles available for everyone you made my decision very easy.

At the end I want to say thank you to ZOS.
    For the period I played I had really great moments in this game that I will remember.

P.S. Sorry my English.
    Edited by RlDDlCK on August 8, 2019 1:54AM
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    I really don't care. The look of the weapons mean nothing to me. The title of "Stormproof"? Priceless! :)

You misspelled "The Flawless Conqueror"*
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want my "not exactly flawless conqueror" if you die one time :disappointed:

Or "hates poison" or "hates ice" if its your only death.
    Edited by Lisutaris on August 8, 2019 7:34AM
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Lisutaris wrote: »
    I want my "not exactly flawless conqueror" if you die one time :disappointed:

Or "hates poison" or "hates ice" if its your only death.

The goes Lisutaris, the not exactly flawless conqueror but pretty close, what a mighty hero!
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This entire holier-than-thou post is nothing more than an intellectual/moralizing version of the exact same exhibitionist behavior you criticize. They show off their achievements by the wayshrine, you show off your unsolicited "enlightened" insights on the forums. They have one set of skills, you think of yourself as having another. There's no difference in the "stupid need to compete" in-game and the "stupid need to compete" here on the forums.

People like to show off what they can do to others. There's nothing wrong with that, except when you're being a hypocrite about it.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on August 8, 2019 1:36PM
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I've been reading on these forums the master bow is the better one now, but how good is the vma bow still? That is, compared to a build thats not using any other special weapon? I just got the bow (and maul) in vma just now and never had one before
    Edited by Muzzick on August 8, 2019 3:00PM
  • Muzzick
    Muzzick
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh I just realized I got the dagger style page from completing vma
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

maam this is a wendy's
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good goal zos, next event what will be purchasable with tickets? vcr skin? Tic toc tormentor title? a full capped toon with all the bis gear/weapons/skins?
    PC-EU
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait so they're actually selling these weapon styles for event tickets to people who haven't even done vMA? If this is true that's a bit disrespectful to those of us who actually do vMA and earned these weapon styles...
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea people actually cared about the VMA weapon styles. Most people I know use some other skin over it.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only plebs and posers would use these styles anyway.
    Real Endgame players knows it’s all about #FashionScrolls in raids and score pushing anyway.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's probably for dedicated page style collectors. Original vMA weapon styles are super ugly. I would never use them any of them.
    My vMA bow was changed withing 3 minutes after I got it into welkynar style. Can't imagine running with that potato sack on the back for the sake of "looking tough".
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Wait so they're actually selling these weapon styles for event tickets to people who haven't even done vMA? If this is true that's a bit disrespectful to those of us who actually do vMA and earned these weapon styles...

Why do people care? I cover up all of my gear with different styles anyway, and I'd never actually pay attention to what someone's weapon looks like. There's also the "Stormproof" title.

I've beat vMA many times btw. Other people having access to the vMA weapon styles in no way detracts from my own achievements.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »

Why do people care? I cover up all of my gear with different styles anyway, and I'd never actually pay attention to what someone's weapon looks like. There's also the "Stormproof" title.

I've beat vMA many times btw. Other people having access to the vMA weapon styles in no way detracts from my own achievements.

You're right I no longer care.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's probably for dedicated page style collectors. Original vMA weapon styles are super ugly. I would never use them any of them.
    My vMA bow was changed withing 3 minutes after I got it into welkynar style. Can't imagine running with that potato sack on the back for the sake of "looking tough".

Most of them are ugly yea but I kinda like the Daggers style.
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    Does seem strange that ZOS is doing this... I guess skins will be next. No need to do all the content now.
    Edited by xF1REFL1x on August 8, 2019 6:20PM
  • Lazarus_Rising
    Lazarus_Rising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why do you make such a drama out of it? Its not like they get the weapons on normal and in the orisnium event last year you could also get them. Furhtermore i see literally no one who already has a maelstrom weapon using it as a outift. I mean its fair for people who are not able to do vMA to get at least something right? The only bad thing about is that you can't sell the motifs for a high price. And like someone said before the important part is the title.
    also known as Overlich.
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shocking seeing people defending this... lol First of all beating maelstrom for the first time for most is a long difficult grind. The weapons are earned, its an achievement for putting in the time, learning the mechanics and beating difficult content. So it shouldn't be to difficult to understand why many are upset with this decision. I guess getting all the difficult skins from events is next and then why not give away the titles also if thats the stand your taking. But I'm sure if your defending this then you have already learned your maelstrom motif and are running around with your new look.
    Edited by DR4GONFL1 on August 8, 2019 6:39PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vma 1h axes and the 2h axe and hammer are great imo