The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2 questions about Gloam Wolf

StormChaser3000
StormChaser3000
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone bought it? Does it have summoning animation and special effects after you make it howl?

P.S. Nice to see that they lowered gem exclusives prices.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it released today ?
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it released today ?

Yep. It is in the store already for 400 gems
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh I do love my wolf's, might have to get that when I get home
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd get it instantly, but I'm at my work and can only salivate and ask for the detailed description till evening xD
  • SteampunkWerewolf
    Hi, I just got both the mount and pet, the mount comes out of the ground in a purple fire-like smoke and howls the same as the doom wolf does plus makes smoke trial behind her when she does. Both of them have a constant faint purple glow around them at all times and smoke rising off their bodies. Hope that helps! I felt they were worth the 500 gems
  • rez0055
    rez0055
    ✭✭✭
    I bought it also, it has a shadowy effect after it howls but it only lasts about couple of seconds when you run. It is 400 gems for the mount only.
    Characters
    - Only-Drinks-With-Templars: Lvl 50 Argonian Magica Templar
    - Bialozar: Lvl 50 Khajitt Stamina Nightblade
    - Rez the Bald Sorceror: Lvl 50 Dark Elf Magica Sorceror
    - Gerard Snow: Lvl 50 Dark Elf Magica Dragonknight
    - Dorothea Black: Lvl 50 Imperial Stamina Templar
    - Demon Cleaver: Lvl 50 Orc Stamina Warden
    - Lord of BØnes: Lvl 50 Breton Magica Necromancer

PC/EU server. You'll find my characters hoping on and off on the plains of Cyrodil with the guild The Black.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SteampunkWerewolf @rez0055
    Awesome guys, thanks a lot for the info! Now I look forward even more to grab it once I get back home.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has the Doom Wolf howl, which some have taken issue with in the past.

If you have a Doom Wolf already, the gems might be more valuable to you unless you like something specific about the Gloam Wolf's appearance. Might be worth it to buy the pet and then see how you feel about it in a few days when the newness wears off a bit.

While it was nice to budget 900 gems for both and only spend 500, I'm going to continue budgeting on the high end. There will certainly be another 600 gem mount and 300 gem pet coming at some point.
    signing off
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    I got both... been waiting for these to come out. They both look great!
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    It has the Doom Wolf howl, which some have taken issue with in the past.

If you have a Doom Wolf already, the gems might be more valuable to you unless you like something specific about the Gloam Wolf's appearance. Might be worth it to buy the pet and then see how you feel about it in a few days when the newness wears off a bit.

While it was nice to budget 900 gems for both and only spend 500, I'm going to continue budgeting on the high end. There will certainly be another 600 gem mount and 300 gem pet coming at some point.

I don't have doom wolf and I'm mixed about it. On the other hand I fell in love with gloam wold model since I saw it in CWC for the first time.
    Doom wolf's voice is ok, so what they come up with this time looks like an awesome deal.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on April 25, 2019 6:40PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not very excited about this mount after trying it :/ Will capture a full video tomorrow, but the only thing I like about this mount is slight purple lighting under the rider and under the mount, the sound of summoning and the armor.

Vr2O5yt.jpg

Voice is same as Doom wolf has (at least not pure voice of ordinary wolf :D ), no paw prints, visual effect of howl is depressing and messy (same low quality as smoke from Skeletal apex mounts) :/ Model is very simple, just dark purple transparent wolf. Armor was main reason I bought this mount; also 400 gem price - same as Hollowjack apex wolf (which I would gladly buy instead of Gloam Wolf, if it didn't turn a character into headless model).
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it when I discovered I had enough gems already, and saw how awesome it looked.
    I like the howl. It's better than the howls of the regular wolves, in my opinion.
  • Myrkgrav
    Myrkgrav
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought both after opening a ton of Psijic crates and getting gems. I like how it looks personally. Definitely dig the purple accent too.
    Morty | ♂ | @morti_macabre | PC NA | EST
    Member of Knights of the Sanguine, Sheogorath's Mortals & Sword Coast Traders
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another wolf added to my collection 😁
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    So excited about this mount... Really well done and its from the oblivion plane of the Daedric Prince nocturnal.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I finally bought it and....it's absolutely awesome. ^^
    I looks especially cool in shadows or during the night.
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I finally bought it and....it's absolutely awesome. ^^
    I looks especially cool in shadows or during the night.

Agreed... I also like how the saddle and other attachments are not brown but grey and black.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the neon under carriage
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is actually really well done, same with the little cutie gloam wolf pet. Much better then the other mounts in the crates now.

If you have your stamina to at least to 20 it looks a lot better imo. My mounts are maxed out but I thought that was worth mentioning. Also, do a howl first to have a better purplish sparkling black smoke trailing while you ride.

At 400 gems this was worth it. :)
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on April 26, 2019 2:29PM
  • WalkingCodex
    WalkingCodex
    ✭✭✭
    I want to know, and can't seem to start a new thread, why can't I gift something that I have crown gems for? So annoying.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish i could afford it.
    i only have 280 gems