The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

GOLDEN CLOVER - MIDYEAR MAYHEM GUIDE (updated 7 January 2021)

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, hope the servers hold up
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WilliamESO wrote: »
    It's not worth to farm boxes just farm gold in IC no cp regular way 3Mil 10 hours

True. Some people seem to be misled about the actual value of Midyear Mayhem reward boxes (they aren't nearly as valuable as the Anniversary event boxes).

In short they may contain:
    • (rarely) a Hakeijo rune
    • (rarely) a motif page for the Pact/Covenant/Dominion or Akaviri style (prices for those will plunge in no time)
    • (rarely) some Transmute crystals (1-10 iirc)
    • (rarely) a coldfire siege
    • worthless junk

So as a pvp player you'll be better off just doing your usual thing for tons of AP (and reward boxes along with your RFTW mails).
    As a pve player you'll probably make more gold/hour just farming mats in Craglorn (taking some load off the pvp servers too :p )
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice guide, thanks.

Just one little thing that could be improved in OP:
    3myfy3.jpg
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    WilliamESO wrote: »
    It's not worth to farm boxes just farm gold in IC no cp regular way 3Mil 10 hours

True. Some people seem to be misled about the actual value of Midyear Mayhem reward boxes (they aren't nearly as valuable as the Anniversary event boxes).

In short they may contain:
    • (rarely) a Hakeijo rune
    • (rarely) a motif page for the Pact/Covenant/Dominion or Akaviri style (prices for those will plunge in no time)
    • (rarely) some Transmute crystals (1-10 iirc)
    • (rarely) a coldfire siege
    • worthless junk

So as a pvp player you'll be better off just doing your usual thing for tons of AP (and reward boxes along with your RFTW mails).
    As a pve player you'll probably make more gold/hour just farming mats in Craglorn (taking some load off the pvp servers too :p )

False
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    As always there will be some PvP wannabe's trying to gank what they call Cyrodiil Tourists.

free ap*

Mwahaha no AP. I have a diabolical method to ensure no ganker profits from my pve toon's death. I die so often I have none on my corpse :wink:

That's Tel Var, you lose half of any TV Stones you're carrying if you're killed in IC or ICS, and it doesn't matter whether you're killed by another player or a MOB/etc.

With AP, enemy players get it "for free" when they kill you-- i.e., it doesn't come out of any AP you may have earned.

PSA-- Since we just got free TV as a daily login reward, be sure to bank it before you head to Cyrodiil, even if you don't plan to head into IC or ICS. Banking your TV as soon as you get it is a really good habit to get into.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    You don't need to actually join a group to zerg; you can just tag along.

Bring any alliance war-related gear you may have received in the past-- siege stuff or repair stuff, forward camps, etc. Your fellow zergers will appreciate it.

This is me. Only PvP in MM. But have got to Lieutenant through tagging along with groups and playing with seige weapons or repairing walls. Oh and healing in sieges and running away a lot. Have only killed other players by accident! But had a blast doing it. Scouting missions are easy, but just be prepared to die. Often. It really doesn't matter much, apart from having to travel a lot.

Agreed, the only thing stopping any PvErs from having fun during this event is themselves. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Cyrodiil merchant Adhazabi Aba-daro (also known as “The Golden”) stocks Alliance War Legendary-quality jewelry, with necklaces during the first weekend and rings during the second."

Can anyone give more info on this, like where is the npc located? Cyrodiil is a big place. Forgive me if it's in the OP. But I can't seem to see anything about it. How expensive are the goods the merchant sells? I require more information. :p

The guide seems to tell me everything except the one thing I want to know.
    Edited by Neoealth on January 23, 2020 1:22PM
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does the delve boss killing AP buff stack with the AP buff from event?

Sorry, first year in ESO and grinding for legate:)
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    "Cyrodiil merchant Adhazabi Aba-daro (also known as “The Golden”) stocks Alliance War Legendary-quality jewelry, with necklaces during the first weekend and rings during the second."

Can anyone give more info on this, like where is the npc located? Cyrodiil is a big place. Forgive me if it's in the OP. But I can't seem to see anything about it. How expensive are the goods the merchant sells? I require more information. :p

She is in one of your alliance's bases. Specifically, at
    Western Elsweyr Gate (AD)
    Northern High Rock Gate (DC)
    Southern Morrowind Gate (EP)
    So once you get into Cyrodiil, you're in one of the two bases of your faction. Check the map if you're in the right one; if not, use the Transitus stone to port there. She is near the wayshrine, a Khajiit NPC with a golden glow.
    There is zero PvP or even travelling through PvP areas required. :)
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Best way for a new player/non-pvper to contribute in cyrodiil:

Bring in your tank spec. Defend anything being attacked and drop oil or use meat bags like crazy. Never fight and run away.

PvPers will hate you, you’ll be contributing a lot, and get lots of kills while getting revenge against people for all those times you were ganked.

Oil?
    Meat Bags?
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    Neoealth wrote: »

She is in one of your alliance's bases. Specifically, at
    Western Elsweyr Gate (AD)
    Northern High Rock Gate (DC)
    Southern Morrowind Gate (EP)
    So once you get into Cyrodiil, you're in one of the two bases of your faction. Check the map if you're in the right one; if not, use the Transitus stone to port there. She is near the wayshrine, a Khajiit NPC with a golden glow.
    There is zero PvP or even travelling through PvP areas required. :)

Great, thank you! Have an insightful.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

Pretty sure they stack as they are not the same buff.
    XP buffs from events stack with training gear who stack with potion or scroll but potions and scrolls don't stack.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the PVE people: consider taking your PVE titles off while you're in PvP. I'm personally far more likely to attack a Shehai Shatterer or Mageslayer than a Grand Overlord
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @marius_buys Thanks for the compilation.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX69 wrote: »
    As always there will be some PvP wannabe's trying to gank what they call Cyrodiil Tourists.

free ap*

Mwahaha no AP. I have a diabolical method to ensure no ganker profits from my pve toon's death. I die so often I have none on my corpse :wink:

@Ryath_Waylander
    They will always get AP when they kill you (although the more they kill you the less and less they get) the only thing you can control is if they get TV from your corpse. I stay at 0 TV in Imperial City and don’t fight back to ruin their satisfaction, but they still get AP.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    True, but it's very slim pickings :)
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    Y’all are crazy. Pvp is its own reward.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now if only I could actually play in Cyrodiil.

Queue times are beyond daft.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    @marius_buys Thank you for this phenomenal guide. Your guides are second to non 😊❤

• Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Choose a low pop campaign PvP regulars hate PvE players that clog up their factions queue and do not contribute to the factions war goals.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I think the zerglings won tonight via sheer numbers.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 344 que and three quarters of an hour waiting, I gave up

That’s too brutal.
  • mrhack51
    mrhack51
    valeriiya wrote: »
    For the PVE people: consider taking your PVE titles off while you're in PvP. I'm personally far more likely to attack a Shehai Shatterer or Mageslayer than a Grand Overlord

HA..I have my Librarian title on
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

XP buffs from events stack with training gear who stack with potion or scroll but potions and scrolls don't stack.

They definitely stack.

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

They definitely stack.

Stack Delve Boss bonus, Scroll/Ambrosia bonus and event bonus with training gear, group of two and ESO plus for max effect. Crazy XP.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

They definitely stack.

Stack Delve Boss bonus, Scroll/Ambrosia bonus and event bonus with training gear, group of two and ESO plus for max effect. Crazy XP.

Those town dailies give a surprising amount of XP. I leveled one character from 15 to 50 doing nothing but the town dailies that were readily available during the Jubilee’s Cyro week. Didn’t even mean to, it just sort of happened. Of course I had the cake buff going, but still.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MIDYEAR MAYHEM 2020 - CYRODIIL TOWN MISSIONS GUIDE

[..]

MAX OUT YOUR MAYHEM REWARD BOXES
    The town quest givers will give out 50 quick & easy to do PvE MISSIONS per day.
    There are 5 towns and each town has 2 quest givers that give out 5 missions each per day.
    The town quests completes very quickly and needs no PvP skill if you can avoid other PvP players.
    Completing all the Town (Settlement) missions will earn you the "Hero of Cyrodiil" title
    There might be some PvP grievers ganking the "Cyrodiil Tourists" because they struggle to compete in actual PvP

NOTE: The HERO OF CYRODIIL title requirers you to do all 50 Town Quests. Try to complete all 10 before moving on as they are in an order and if you leave you might start anywhere in that order.

I have Tamriel Hero, but no Hero of Cyrodiil title. I am sure that I did all the town quests. I also did not see this title in the achievements list. Are you sure about this?
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

[..]

There are 5 towns and each town has 2 quest givers that give out 5 missions each per day.
    The town quests completes very quickly and needs no PvP skill if you can avoid other PvP players.
    Completing all the Town (Settlement) missions will earn you the "Hero of Cyrodiil" title
    There might be some PvP grievers ganking the "Cyrodiil Tourists" because they struggle to compete in actual PvP

NOTE: The HERO OF CYRODIIL title requirers you to do all 50 Town Quests. Try to complete all 10 before moving on as they are in an order and if you leave you might start anywhere in that order.

I have Tamriel Hero, but no Hero of Cyrodiil title. I am sure that I did all the town quests. I also did not see this title in the achievements list. Are you sure about this?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Tamriel_Expert_Adventurer says that is correct. Frankly, I've only done it once and don't remember. (I also did a few of the non-repeatable Cyrodiil PvE quests.) Are you sure you've done the quests for all five towns? (One could also call it six given that the two quest givers solidly in DC territory aren't really in the same town.)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you look under Cyrodiil or under Holiday event? Hero of Cyrodill is a title youget as a byproduct of farming boxes during Mayhem and not part of the event. ;)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

[..]

Im getting senile, its an achent and I got the name wrong as well, will correct
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Cyrodiil_Champion