The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

GOLDEN CLOVER - MIDYEAR MAYHEM GUIDE (updated 7 January 2021)

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m considering coming back for this for kicks. Dust off the old Stampy. Haven’t played in five months.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double AP is what's important to me and town quests suck alot on that regard
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who basically melts in PvP, I have to say again that the Midyear Mayhem and the Imperial City events are both a lot of fun. Sure, you'll get killed. But you never really get killed in this game, just inconvenienced by having to resurrect back at a wayshrine or your home base or whatever. Have fun, go with the flow-- or with the zerg-- and stop being so negative. There's nothing to get traumatized over, just keep a lighthearted attitude about it and enjoy yourself.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    Varana wrote: »
    Most PvP players running around Cropsford&Co. aren't interested in actually PvPing either during the event, so that's only fair.

Noone has to go anywhere near Cropsford or Bruma. One can just enjoy pvp as usual and earn tons of AP and reward boxes (from RFTW mails) while doing so.

You don't have to go there. But you can, and many will. Equally, most people know that there will be lots of inexperienced players (PvP-wise) around the quest hubs.
    And so, a certain subsection of "PvP players" will stop actual PvP for some reason and start to "PvP" against questers in Cropsford. Because, at the core of their hearts, they're cowards. They cry "you die, so what?" but hate dying enough to pick on opponents where they don't. They claim they want to fight other players instead of AI mobs because that's "boring" but intentionally look for fights that are even less interesting than killing a delve boss.
    These are the jerks that make players want to stay away from PvP.
    Edited by Varana on January 18, 2020 4:22PM
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who don't particularly enjoy PvP:

If you want to get just Event tickets and don't care about AP - Event tickets will probably be obtainable just for doing one daily quest in Cyrodiil (just like last year Midyear Mayhem).

I would suggest doing scouting quests (from mission board). Those imho are the easiest one. And you can use the following set combo:

Vesture of Darloc Brae (Elsweyr overland set, if you don't have Elsweyr chapter, you can buy this set from guild traders):
    (5 Items) While crouching, you restore 670 Magicka and Stamina and heal for 716 Health every second.
    ^ This set makes it so you can sneak almost permanently, as you will not run out of stamina when crouching

Night's Silence Set (crafted, base game)
    (5 items) Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

Or:

Shadow Dancer's Raiment (Greenshade overland set)
    (5 items) Ignore the Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

Or:
    Vampire passive - Dark Stalker:
    Ignore the Movement Speed penalty while in Crouch. Decreases the time it takes to Crouch by 50% during the night.

You can also pair it with 3x Swift jewellery for extra speed bonus in stealth or maybe If you are a NB slot "Concealed Weapon" skill: While slotted, your Movement Speed while Sneaking or invisible is increased by 25%.

You can also craft some Invisibility potions just in case.

The most important thing is to avoid roads and often used routes.
    Also try to pick the least populated & popular campaign.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    As someone who basically melts in PvP, I have to say again that the Midyear Mayhem and the Imperial City events are both a lot of fun. Sure, you'll get killed. But you never really get killed in this game, just inconvenienced by having to resurrect back at a wayshrine or your home base or whatever. Have fun, go with the flow-- or with the zerg-- and stop being so negative. There's nothing to get traumatized over, just keep a lighthearted attitude about it and enjoy yourself.

This is the way... I have spoken.
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    As always there will be some PvP wannabe's trying to gank what they call Cyrodiil Tourists.

free ap*

smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 - Be a vampire
    They can run while invisible

Seriously? Can anyone else vouch for this? My understanding was that they could just move at normal speed (not slowed) while sneaking, if at stage 4 vampirism (with passive). (This is more or less invisible if you are wearing all those detection radius reduction gear sets, although you pop out of sneak and become visible anytime you try to go through a door or harvest something etc, as usual). Anyone trying to SPRINT while invisible automatically pops out of both sneak AND invisibility, and becomes visible. It takes a while to get used to this as a newbie vamp or sneaky character.

Note: Nightblades can also move 30% faster in sneak or invisibility with the magicka morph of Concealed Weapon skill slotted. This is still not as fast as actually SPRINTING, but it's nice and combines well with the detection radius reduction setups.

Warning: Stay clear of Bosmers - they now have a racial passive that gives them an extra 2m detection radius of anyone sneaking nearby.

Also: Since the Crown Store preview for January hinted that we would see the 2020 Midyear Mayhem event this month, my guess is that we will see an announcement on Tuesday, January 21, about the event starting on Thursday, January 23. Most of the special events start on a Thursday, it seems, about ten days after the previous event ended. The event would most likely run until Monday, February 3rd, if it follows the usual pattern.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 - Be a vampire
    They can run while invisible

Seriously? Can anyone else vouch for this? My understanding was that they could just move at normal speed (not slowed) while sneaking, if at stage 4 vampirism (with passive). (This is more or less invisible if you are wearing all those detection radius reduction gear sets, although you pop out of sneak and become visible anytime you try to go through a door or harvest something etc, as usual). Anyone trying to SPRINT while invisible automatically pops out of both sneak AND invisibility, and becomes visible. It takes a while to get used to this as a newbie vamp or sneaky character.

Note: Nightblades can also move 30% faster in sneak or invisibility with the magicka morph of Concealed Weapon skill slotted. This is still not as fast as actually SPRINTING, but it's nice and combines well with the detection radius reduction setups.

Warning: Stay clear of Bosmers - they now have a racial passive that gives them an extra 2m detection radius of anyone sneaking nearby.

Also: Since the Crown Store preview for January hinted that we would see the 2020 Midyear Mayhem event this month, my guess is that we will see an announcement on Tuesday, January 21, about the event starting on Thursday, January 23. Most of the special events start on a Thursday, it seems, about ten days after the previous event ended. The event would most likely run until Monday, February 3rd, if it follows the usual pattern.

yes yes they have a run animation, I said run not sprint, there IS a difference
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except a lot of people will be there for tickets and deliberately kept from getting them. That's a bit hard to "enjoy".
    Not to mention that Cyrodiil is a confusing mess, impossible to find your way around in when new even in the best case scenario. Which or the record this event won't be.
    Edited by redgreensunset on January 18, 2020 9:18PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best way for a new player/non-pvper to contribute in cyrodiil:

Bring in your tank spec. Defend anything being attacked and drop oil or use meat bags like crazy. Never fight and run away.

PvPers will hate you, you’ll be contributing a lot, and get lots of kills while getting revenge against people for all those times you were ganked.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When's it start ?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't aware they announced the dates, or whether event will function the same way as last year, but I guess OP will just edit the post once we have official info?
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My first MM, I ran-around in Cyro with a big, blue Hatchling’s Shell bubble screaming, “hey - come gank ME!” - and I still had an absolute blast! It’s hectic, exhilarating, and super-fun!

S.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    When's it start ?
    We don't know yet. But judging by the fact that we have a "hot-fix" on Monday:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508409/hotfix-maintenance-on-all-realms-jan-20-6am-est#latest

Undaunted even had a hot-fix patch in Monday & started in Thursday, so I guess that Midyear Mayhem may follow the same pattern and it will start very soon, probably in Thursday, January 23
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn’t wear divines NOTHING if I was ANY of y’all lol.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on January 18, 2020 10:22PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So the way that I *think* things work is that if someone is in stealth and you crouch, the eye opens a bit, which lets you know that someone is trying to find you (or... something. Basically that there's someone or something nearby), which can help you plan your defense.

As a Bosmer, if you're invisible and there's someone nearby, and if the person crouches/goes into stealth too, they'll be able to see you looking for them two meters sooner, which actually seems like a disadvantage.

Or am I wrong about how this stuff works?
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So the way that I *think* things work is that if someone is in stealth and you crouch, the eye opens a bit, which lets you know that someone is trying to find you (or... something. Basically that there's someone or something nearby), which can help you plan your defense.

As a Bosmer, if you're invisible and there's someone nearby, and if the person crouches/goes into stealth too, they'll be able to see you looking for them two meters sooner, which actually seems like a disadvantage.

That’s the LEAST of your worries. DETECT POTS not to mention skills that’ll bring you out of stealth.

I mean you can hide but I wouldn’t build around hiding like this guide suggests. I mean if they get ANY hint you’re there hiding won’t work so good after. Neither will running due to gap closers, RAT, speed pots whatever. PARTICULARLY if you’re in divines.

This meta, if you build for anything build for tankiness. Run a troll tank build. Folks will maybe hit you with some heavies, get some resources back then leave you alone. You’re alive and can go back to what you were doing.

What I’d do if I had no intention of fighting.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    I wasn't aware they announced the dates, or whether event will function the same way as last year, but I guess OP will just edit the post once we have official info?

Correcto Mundo
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    When's it start ?
    We don't know yet. But judging by the fact that we have a "hot-fix" on Monday:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508409/hotfix-maintenance-on-all-realms-jan-20-6am-est#latest

Undaunted even had a hot-fix patch in Monday & started in Thursday, so I guess that Midyear Mayhem may follow the same pattern and it will start very soon, probably in Thursday, January 23

Expect your game to start behaving strangely, you know to much and have been marked for death. War rocket Ajax despatched! ok ok that dates me as almost pre-historic, lol
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say that when the event goes live, some of us will act as Guards for our Faction PvErs, however i'd still appreciate it if players of all factions treated Quest towns as cease fire zones and behaved accordingly.

If you want to PvP, go find a Keep.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That’s the LEAST of your worries. DETECT POTS not to mention skills that’ll bring you out of stealth.

I mean you can hide but I wouldn’t build around hiding like this guide suggests. I mean if they get ANY hint you’re there hiding won’t work so good after. Neither will running due to gap closers, RAT, speed pots whatever. PARTICULARLY if you’re in divines.

This meta, if you build for anything build for tankiness. Run a troll tank build. Folks will maybe hit you with some heavies, get some resources back then leave you alone. You’re alive and can go back to what you were doing.

What would one wear if one were to create a troll tank build?
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except a lot of people will be there for tickets and deliberately kept from getting them. That's a bit hard to "enjoy".
    Not to mention that Cyrodiil is a confusing mess, impossible to find your way around in when new even in the best case scenario. Which or the record this event won't be.

It's easy to earn your tickets during Midyear Mayhem; just do a Scouting Mission, which is the easiest and least risky type.

Yes, if you insist on trying to do other types of missions, including the quests given out in the cities, then you'll be facing a more difficult time.

EDIT: So what I would recommend-- what I myself always do, in fact-- is to do a Scouting Mission first, to earn your tickets easy-peasy so you can stop worrying about them. Then, and only then, start trying to do other types of missions for fun, such as capturing resources, or joining a zerg from your alliance and going after the keeps and scrolls. Or go run off to the cities and try to do those jobs.
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on January 18, 2020 11:40PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

First, you want all impen. Crits KILL...So no divines.

You’re not gonna worry so much about killing so you want defensive ulti s. Like Undo for minor protect. SnB ulti. Etc.

You want high, high, high HIGH mitigation first off because there’s no cap in PvP. By that I mean, if you go over 33k your mitigation minus their pen can still land you at or above 33k.

Probably heavy armor, sword and board sword and board or sword and board ice staff.

Monster sets like Bloodspawn, Troll King, Chudan. Or 1 Chudan, 1 Warden, or 1 Pirate Skeleton.

You want heals and shields.

Sets like the crafted Fortified Brass for example. Shacklebreaker maybe for stats.

Those are broad strokes. For any class. Basically DK, Templar, Necro make great tanks. You can go on YouTube and finds some tanky builds. You can find them online.

Basically, just a tank with no support skills with everything turned to tankiness and self heals. Proc sets that heal and bump up your tankiness. Stuff that says, “when you take damage.” Remember though heals are important because even with high mitigation you’re only mitigating 50% of the damage.

Run immovables and some snare removal skill like wings on a MagDk (50% mitigation on projectiles) or RAT.

If you can stay on your feet and moving you’re good. This patch, NB’s have been hit hard with nerfs. Folks are so tanky that legit 1 shot ganks are rare.

Google Health Recovery Tank for some insights maybe.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on January 19, 2020 12:03AM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I just want to say that when the event goes live, some of us will act as Guards for our Faction PvErs, however i'd still appreciate it if players of all factions treated Quest towns as cease fire zones and behaved accordingly.

If you want to PvP, go find a Keep.

There's a bit too much actual pvp goes on there for some of these players.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude... You posted so much and all you have to do is tell people to wear impen gear instead of divines, get a set like cowards gear, and run for the hills.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when does the event start?
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of the most important things to remember about dying in this game: You are still alive in real life.

No need to make a big deal out of getting killed and getting frustrated.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You’re not gonna worry so much about killing so you want defensive ulti s. Like Undo for minor protect. SnB ulti. Etc.

You want high, high, high HIGH mitigation first off because there’s no cap in PvP. By that I mean, if you go over 33k your mitigation minus their pen can still land you at or above 33k.

Probably heavy armor, sword and board sword and board or sword and board ice staff.

Monster sets like Bloodspawn, Troll King, Chudan. Or 1 Chudan, 1 Warden, or 1 Pirate Skeleton.

Sets like the crafted Fortified Brass for example. Shacklebreaker maybe for stats.

Those are broad strokes. For any class. Basically DK, Templar, Necro make great tanks. You can go on YouTube and finds some tanky builds. You can find them online.

Basically, just a tank with no support skills with everything turned to tankiness and self heals. Proc sets that heal and bump up your tankiness. Stuff that says, “when you take damage.” Remember though heals are important because even with high mitigation you’re only mitigating 50% of the damage.

Run immovables and some snare removal skill like wings on a MagDk (50% mitigation on projectiles) or RAT.

If you can stay on your feet and moving you’re good. This patch, NB’s have been hit hard with nerfs. Folks are so tanky that legit 1 shot ganks are rare.

Thank you for this, I appreciate the details you put into it. Looks like my necro is gonna be trolling cyro >:)
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you for this, I appreciate the details you put into it. Looks like my necro is gonna be trolling cyro >:)

I’d wish you luck but you won’t need it. Necros make some of the best tanks and have great heals! Have fun! :)